The Unhallowed Isle

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: The Unhallowed Isle

Post by Nerre » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Nerre uses 1 MP for his air and wind magic, using gentle streams of air to feel out his surroundings. (If 1 is not enough to properly see by touch and aim with the air, then add another MP. But it is a rather low energy sensoric use of the spell). Nerre made sure who was his friends and who was the enemies, which was not that hard thanks to the different kind of clothing. He could clearly feel the bandana he spotted when he still could see, same for the other one. They had clothing much different from his people. He spend all his remaining MP to make the two enemies sink into the ground. The stone beneath their feet liquified and they fell down, like into a deep puddle of water. Then, when they were in up to their knees, the stone turned hard again, trapping them until they were willing to cut of their own lower legs. Then he took cover behind a large rook, just in case they were using the weapons they used to kill the native they found earlier. Heavily panting cause of the adrenaline pumping in his veins, he focused on his eyes, trying to shake of the effect of whatever the man has done to them.
Having bound the enemies to the ground should help his friends in fighting them, or at least running if they were overwhelmed.
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 pm

I guess we should.. Any other advice before I turn back? I really need to get the game I caught back sooner rather than later.

Basher will listen for a short while before he turns around and heads back towards the town.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:10 am

"You should talk to the witch Klaga." Balri the trader said. "She's the one that's trying to put it all together."

Unfortunately, there was only so much Nerre could do with rapid-fire magic like that. He wasn't sure whether or not he had succeeded, but everyone could see that Schifo was, annoyingly enough still standing. The other sank into the ground with a yelp of surprise, and appeared unable to get free.

Schifo charged at Gru-Baak, but his dagger bounced harmlessly of the orc's toughened skin. It seemed that, agile though he was, he wasn't the strongest person out there. He glared in annoyance, but his expression turned to one of mild shock as he realized that he was outnumbered three to one, his opponents were clearly better off than him, and he had used up many of his resources.

"...I really didn't think this one out."

"I give you one final warning: Be wary of tonight. The tomb opens, and its prisoners walk free. Do not become their meal."

With that, he vanished. When Basher returned to the village, the search party wasn't back.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 am

"My thanks, Balri." Making his way to Klaga's home, Dietro knocks on the door, "Klaga, are you here? I was told you are trying to work out what's going on with all these happenings, and I was hoping to help."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:01 am

Nerre closes his eyes and rubs them, hoping the effect on them fades off soon. "Did it work?" he shouts from behind the rock.

OOC: Did I regain any MP yet? Since I got 11 it should be around 1 per 2 hours. I spend the first on the corpse and bullet, some time before we followed the tracks and encountered them.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:50 am

Eric investigates the depth of the line in the sand, trying to discern if it was broad or narrow, heavy or light. After a moment of studying the footprints. He goes out to the stone and attempts to use the end of the bamboo pole to grab the item. "I don't know what you are...but things like you tend to be cursed around places like this...so let's handle you with care..."

Note: If the bamboo is too thick, Eric will just go over to the underbrush and take a decent sized twig from a non-poisonous bush to get the ring from the stone. He is more worried about not touching it that using the pole to do so...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 am

((OOC: Yeah, I think that works out, Nerre. You have an extra point of MP.))

Klaga opened the door, then wiped a strand of red hair away from her face. "Sure. Come on in."

Inside her house, she had set out various maps of the isle, and she sat down in front of one. It had a hexagon with dots at each corner on it, then another one rotated differently inside the first hexagon, then yet another inside the second hexagon. They appeared to surround part of the peaks.

Another one showed a group of dots near the bottom part of the peaks. Yet another showed a path winding through the jungle to the southwest. The others were too numerous to take in all at once.

"So, what are you wondering about?" Klaga asked.

The object appeared to have been large but light. The carrier seemed to be barefoot going by the footprints left behind, an had somewhat small but long feet.

Eric successfully got the bracelet off the rock, and though it slid down the pole, he managed to lower the pole enough that it stopped sliding before it hit his hand.

Soon he'd be able to get the pot free, and now he had the golden bracelet without having to touch it.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:09 am

Now surrender and we won't hurt you.
Unless you want to taste some more fire?
Boro bluffs knowing he's out of mp.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 am

Sadly, Boro lacked experience in this sort of thing ((OOC: AKA has 3 charm)) and did not have particularly good fortune on his venture ((OOC: AKA rolled slightly lower)), and so, even though he managed to pull it off pretty well, Schifo knew he wasn't being entirely honest, and readied himself to continue fighting.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Eric pulled a segment of the locals rope from a pocket and tied a loop through the bracelet allowing him to move the bracelet into an empty pocket before going off to fetch the pot stuck in the sand, keeping an eye out for anyone reappearing. He also surveys the nearby water for any copper sheeting that ships typically use on their hulls to prevent borers from attacking. He then takes the pot, ties it to the pole, and follows the footprints back to the jungle.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Gru-Baak scowled at his opponents attempt to stab him and, knowing nothing of surrender, would try to tackle Schifo and begin beating his head into the ground.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Once the pot was freed, Eric managed to survey the place with his full concentration. He saw some sheeting around the ruins of one boat which had been dragged in by a tsunami at one point, had crashed into some trees, and got torn apart when the wave retreated and it was dragged into a large rock. The ship had been Mikso the musician's, if Eric recalled correctly, and he had only survived by grabbing onto one of the trees the ship hit and holding on.

In the jungle, the tracks eventually came to a small hole in the ground. It was large enough for a grown man to fit into, but a rock had been rolled to cover a large part of it, and a log had been placed behind the rock.

Gru-Baak managed to hit Schifo's head into the ground. Whatever he'd been blessed with, however, kept him from dying. He was badly injured, however, and when a look at Nerre revealed that Nerre had finally managed to force his eyes open, he growled and raised his hands. "I'll be back."

With that, a glowing blue outline appeared around him, he faded leaving only the outline, which slowly collapsed.

Lernso pulled his feet free and ran away as fast as he could, using what little energy he had left. Three backpacks and the flute that, according to Schifo, could let out fire, remained on the ground.

((OOC: Nerre can now again see.))

Stats:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Eric decides to leave the hole alone at the moment....judging that doing anything by himself would be foolish...but does mark anything on the beach that indicates the path in the jungle before heading over to the boat and seeing if can tear some of the copper sheets off the bottom of the wreck.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:01 pm

"Well, good lady, I've been hearing rumours about robed figures seen in the wilds and a door in the mountains. The robed figures I would not be surprised by, had it not been said they were forming a pattern of sorts, and the door is indeed strange news. I intend to find one of these robe-wearing people and speak to them, in hopes that they know of the door also. In that way I could gain much knowledge for all of us with as little resources required as possible. I can also use my magic to convince them that I am no danger, on top of my way with words, which is why I think I should be the one to do this.

Unfortunately, the rumours I've heard give no details of where the people or door are located. Do you have any clue?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Nerre walks to the remains of the enemies, and picks up the flute. Carefully he puts it in a pocket, not wanting it to spit fire in there. "We should hurry back to the village and warn the others and because we are nearly out of power after that fight. Let's take that with us!" he adds, pointing at the three backpacks. "One for each of us." That said, he shoulders a backpack and looks eager to walk back, only thing holding him back is that he is waiting for the others to join him.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:09 am

Eric successfully removed a bit of the plating. It wasn't too much, but it was a userful chunk.

Klaga pointed to the map with the hexagons. "Here's the basic outline of where we've seen those cloaked people. Usually, there are only a few of them at any given time, but there are always at least a half dozen in some of these eighteen spots. She pointed to the group of dots near the bottom of the peaks on the other map. "Here are places the door's been supposedly sighted. I haven't seen it personally, so I can't narrow it down much, I'm afraid, but we know the general region."

Nerre managed to pocket the flute with ease. The backpack felt reasonably full, but he imagined that if he needed to, he could certainly put more things in it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:27 am

"Places plural? Most people would say those who have seen the door are simply mistaking their position, and back home I would too, but on this island..." Dietro studies the map, trying to memorise as many positions of the robed figures as possible, "My thanks for the information. I will go and learn what I can, then return to you... I cannot fathom why anyone would call you 'Klaga the witch', you are a truly lovely lady, and you do not hesitate to provide assistance, which suits no tales of witches know of. And knowing tales and songs is my job. Thank you, Klaga."
Dietro lets himself out of the house, and immediately heads off in the direction of the closest location a robed person has been sighted.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 am

Eric dumps his sheet of copper into the pot before turning around and heading back to "The Village" which of course Eric has personally renamed "Lost" since "The Village" refers to something completely different back home, and he doubts any of his fellow castaways do that kind of thing. As he walks back, he keeps his eyes and ears scanning the beach, jungle, and sea for anything out of place. Paranoia is a survival trait in the slums...and he had not given up that habit...even on an island in the middle of nowhere...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:36 am

The walk was short and uneventful, and eventually Dietro came to a clearing in which a man with a long grey beard and dressed in blue robes sat on a rock. A pipe from which smoke still came sat on his lap, and a staff lay on the ground near him. It seemed to be the right spot.

The man looked over at Dietro briefly, then turned away again to look at another part of the jungle.

As Eric walked back to the village, he spotted a few traps for animals, but they were set too clumsily to be made by the villagers. Aside from that, things were uneventful.

Back at the village, there was talk of all the things that had happened, but not much had changed so far since he'd left.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 am

Boro examines left behind wounded enemy. He tries to kill the fire, then check for signs of life and belongings.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 am

What little of the man's gear could be salvaged after the fire was put out was a small blade. What little else he had was burned beyond usefulness. He was very assuredly dead, at least.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:37 pm

(Original Post wrong location...)
Eric takes a wiz on a tree...
Last edited by Quarg on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:06 pm

"Excuse me, good sir, might I have some time to speak with you?"
My game:

My characters:

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:57 pm

((OOC: Quarg, please read my edit to my latest post in the OOC thread.))

The man picked up the pipe. "Certainly, friend. I'm not in any hurry, and there's not much for me to be in the middle of out of out here."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 pm

"My thanks. There has been much talk of strange happenings on this island, even for what usually happens. Chief among the discussion has been a group of men who position themselves in a pattern. Are you, perhaps, one of these men?"
My game:

My characters: