The Unhallowed Isle

Home to all current Forum Games.
Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: The Unhallowed Isle

Post by Orga the Strange » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:17 am

Gru laughs to himself as he looks at his stone hand. "Heh, Gru-Baak loiks dis, 'e loiks dis alot" He continues to inspect the axe, flipping it over and running his hands over the shifting veins, a wide smile on his face revealing one of his tusks.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:15 am

"I think I will go to bed now and analyze the items properly tomorrow, using my magic. But after the battle it is nearly depleted for today. I will try to find out something about your axe with the rest of it. Eric, please be careful with that thing. Do you want to leave the items here?

Nerre uses Knowledge (1 MP ) on Gru's axe and tells him what he finds out. Then he goes to bed and rests until the next morning, feeling kind of unsteady without any magic. He stored the items nobody took in one of the backpacks again, and put it bellow his bed. Then he wished his friends a good night.

Edit: sorry, did not read Eric took the pistol. Corrcted it. We can trade the items, I only got the impression that the content was kind of made fitting to our chars. But on the other hand, if your char is used to pistols it might fit better to him, just like the magic book maybe might be better in the hands of my char. I will try to analyze them tomorrow so we know more about the items. :)
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
:zzz:

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:52 am

When Dietro returns, he sees Gru-baak holding a battleaxe and wearing a stone glove with various veins of gemstones running through it, warping constantly.

Nerre had discovered little, but he had learned that, if the item was triggered, the glove could become more advanced armor. It wasn't a lot, but it still could be rather useful.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm

"Baak, please tell me you worked out the exact functions of those items before putting them on. I have recently learned there are artifacts on this island that are capable of cursing the user and causing mass chaos, and I would rather not have that problem on top of the invaders."
Having given the warning, Dietro tracks down Runni and gives him the leaves, "Kalkai leaves. They grow at the base of the mountain even at this time of year. They are the ones you said you could use, right?"
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 am

"Ah, excellent." Runni said. "Thank you a lot. These should be able to cure it before it can spread further if the disease is a standard one. Thank you, Dietro."
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:06 am

"It was no problem. I am just as anxious for this disease to pass as anyone, and it was no difficulty to collect them. Now if you will excuse me, I had best go speak with Klaga."
Busy as ever, Dietro returns to Klaga's home once again, and knocks, "Klaga, it's Dietro. I've made some discoveries that I thought I should share with you."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:45 am

OOC: edited my previous post, did miss Eric's aciton.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:05 am

Eric nods..."I'm am quite familiar with firearms Nerre...though not magically augmented like this one. I'll do some more research on your pistol today but I have to see if I can find something to act as shot for it...We should get you trained in the devices proper use tomorrow morning..."

Eric smiles for a second, "And I don't really need a ranged weapon..."

Eric turns to some of the other villagers...to we have any supply of lead about?

Eric also looks at the rest of the group. "I know you've already fought a battle today, but I would prefer some assistance in investigating a matter down near the shipwreck beach...Though I am concerned about these armed "colonists" we may want to track where they went to....
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 am

Klaga looked up from the charts she was studying. "Yes? Did you get to talk to one of those people in robes as you said you would?"

The only supply of lead Eric knew about was that of Crika the miner, and that one was small even though people bought it less than most other metals.

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Gru-Baak turned around and looked at Dietro. "Hmph, can't nuffin' curse Gru-Baak, Oi'll jus punch it!" he said matter of factly.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 pm

"I certainly did. The man was actually quite accommodating. Those who have been standing in the patterns are a group called Keeper, and they have been working to protect something they call the Vault, a place where they keep magic artifacts that would cause mass chaos if allowed into the world. Personally, I agree with their actions. As for the door, I was told that is was an entrance to some sort of tomb, where the ancient dead were buried with their artifacts. Over time those dead have become powerful monsters, and the barriers are weakening. I believe the entire Village may be endangered by this soon."
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:12 am

Eric looks at Gru-Baak for a moment, "Gru, you are a sergeant's dream...Now then suppose we go back down to where you beat down those prissy fellows and we see if we can track them back to their lair..."

Eric grabs one of the now empty backpacks for a moment, throws the pistol inside, and hands it to Gru-Baak. "Keep an eye on this for Nerre while we go see if we can find out more about our unwelcome visitors..."

He then continues down the path towards the abandoned enemy encampment.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:48 am

Gru laughed at Eric's words, not exactly knowing what he meant, and did what Eric told him to do, carrying the backpack and following him back to the encampment not minding being ordered around, after all if they found people down there he'd get to test out his new axe. As they waked he'd think more on what Nerre told him about the weapon and would play with it, trying to get the stone glove to become an armor.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 am

Klaga looked over the maps. "Hm. That does explain some things. I guess we're going to need to have that meeting anyway. Good work."

Gru-baak found that there weren't a lot of possibilities for how it could be activated. No buttons, no parts that could be squeezed easily, and only one clue as far as he could tell. Tiny cracks appeared on the axehead when the glove touched it, then vanished again when the glove moved away.

Once they reached the encampment, the charred body was being watched by various large, black birds. Most likely carrion eaters intent on it. They seemed hesitant to approach it, though, probably because they weren't used to overcooked meat.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Eric looked about for boot prints or clumps of mud from the escapes when they ran away. "Gru you have hunted things before have you not?" He asks his companion as he looks for the boot prints.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:05 am

"I do what I can to help people. That is, after all, the role of a bard. Beyond seducing beautiful women, of course. :lol: So, is there anything you believe you may need my help with, or shall I head out now?"
My game:

My characters:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:27 am

After he slept and is refreshed, Nerre will continue to examine the items which remained in his hut.

Using knowledge on the items in this order, using as much mp as necessary until he knows there is nothing more about the item to learn:

- book
- flute
- pistol (if Eric shows up in time)
- stone glove axe (if Gru shows up in time)

He also smells at the half full bottle of something, maybe he can find out what is in there without magic.

Nerre puts the coins, the waterskin and the half full bottle into the backpack he found and stores it below his bed again. He puts the meat and the food into his storage.

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:39 am

Gru shakes his head. "Neva' 'ad da chanse"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Eric replies with a "Should'a bloody known...alright well the key to hunting Gru is to be as quiet as possible. And to stay in the shadows of the trail as best you can...It also means that you should look where you put your feet in the woods, and put down your foot all at once when moving, so twigs under your feet are less likely to break and make a sound.

Understand Gru? because we're about to go hunting here..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Gru thought on that for a bit before giving a sharp nod. "Ulroight den. Let's go get 'em"

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:45 am

Eventually, Gru-baak and Eric found something. There was one set of footprints running back, probably from the one who escaped, but there were also several sets of birdlike footprints leading from the cliff to the fire. They didn't lead to the other birds, they didn't leave, and they didn't even show that the birds had turned, so it was unusual. It wasn't often that four birds walked up to a fire, then jumped through it to fly away, and that was the only thing that made much sense unless the birds walked backwards onto their own tracks or something.

Klaga said, "I think I have everything I need to make a case, and that's what really matters. Thanks."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Eric takes note of the bird tracks but decides to follow the footprints. He moves quietly, trying to follow the tracks without actually stepping on them, hoping that the mud will mark any steps on hard ground for him.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

"No trouble at all, Klaga. Glad to help." Dietro makes his way back to the centre of town to wait and listen.
My game:

My characters:

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Gru-Baak watched inquisitively as Eric studied the tracks and then did his best to imitate him, walking quietly and softly.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 am

((OOC: Really, really sorry. I had a ton of stuff piling up. It should be taken care of now.))

The ground became hard stone down the path the tracks followed, and soon the two stopped leaving imprints, but the mountain path didn't branch, and eventually came to a ledge with a cave entrance.

The center of town was noisy this time. The talk of what had happened was everywhere, although the only new rumors aside from a few more people leaving were of new types of monsters, hardly surprising from what Dietro had learned.