Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:21 am

So long, sanity points! It was nice knowing you :)

As she recovers, Phylis will clutch at the lawyer, and immediately and loudly say: "Dead... Someone's dead! Not just Per Rommel I mean, someone else! Mord! That's what he said, Mord! Don't let anyone leave, please! Someone else is dead and ... the things they did... "

Phyllis, obviously extremely distressed will cling onto the lawyer, sobbing into his suit until she is able to calm herself down.

OOC: If Hemming, Jorgen or Boro happen to be paying attention to the crowd's reactions while all this is happening that would be awesome :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:42 am

Despite the woman offering a nice distraction, cases and books are hard to pilfer without grabbing and running... and while he might be able to lift a wallet or two in the commotion, it might be best to bide his time. Hemming plays the part of concerned citizen and helps steady her as he glances around the room. He isn't sure what brought it on, but if he wasn't the one taking advantage of her show to steal something, perhaps she had another partner...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:54 pm

The Lawyer orders you a wisky to calm you down, with only the slightest worried look on his face.
"Dont worry miss" he says. "It's easy to associate things with death when you just visited a funeral. Here have another drink!"

Notations on the other guests and people

Angnes R├Ânnell (by the gambling machines, champaign in one hand )
Johan R├Ânnell (drunk at the bar)
Johanna R├Ânnell (the widow is talking to the bartender with a hushed voice)
Hans Melker (last seen at the funeral)
Stina melker (left the room)
Liv Larson (putting her jacker on and started to head for the door)
Henrik Forsel (reading his book, ignoring everyone, with a few empty drink glases in front of him)
Moa Mackegård (drunk, but sitting by Phyllis, urging her to drink up!)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:03 pm

"Oh my goodness no! I don't touch the stuff. I think I'll just get some fresh air if you don't mind. Tell me though, what does "Mord" mean? I've never heard it before and for some reason now I just can't get it out of my head.

Phyllis waits for an answer and will then head over to the front door to get some fresh air and collect herself. Remembering the cross in her pocket, she'll slip it round her neck when no-one's looking.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:18 pm

"Mord? Means murder... If you don't want that whisky, I can take care of it for you..." Unless the lawyer pulls it back, Hemming will relieve him of it and down it quickly. While he wasn't much of one for the wetwork himself, Hemming once dealt with a fence that had a German bodyguard.

Hemming returns to the bar, attempting to unobtrusively sit near enough to Johanna and the bartender to see what it was they were chatting about...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Hemming empties the glass that was quite handsomely filled. Suddenly feeling a bit unsteady you slip into your chair, the world a blur around you... did you really drink that much? You seem to have chosen the right chair to collapse in, there are plenty of champainglasses and oysters on the table within reach... and within haring distance of the conversation at the bar:
Johanna "...ja jag har pengarna med mig. Så du fixar det till i morgon? Tack, visste väll att jag kunde lita på dig Seeman."
she stands up and starts leaving the room

Lawyer and moa to Phyllis
"Mord? That would be murder... Its bin a long day, maybe it would be best if you called it a night miss? you do look a little pail."
"you realy should drink something." Moa hands you a big glass of water

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:32 am

"No thank you, I'm quite fine. I'd just like some fresh air if you don't mind."

Phyllis will leave the bar and stand outside the hotel's front door until she feels a bit more composed. After a little while she'll remember that she hasn't eaten anything yet today and will walk to the co-op, glad to have a little bit of time to herself.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 am

Hemming pulls a few oysters towards him... seemed odd that he'd be feeling the alcohol so suddenly, perhaps he should slow down a bit.. he must have just lost track of how much and how fast he was putting them down... it's not like the lawyer would be trying to roofie the British woman, right?

As he steadies himself, with a bit to eat, he catches wind of the conversation between the two at the end of the bar... so, it seemed they had some deal going down... interesting.

As long as he's starting to feel a bit better, Hemming will rise and approach the newcomer. "You must be Hans. You missed choosing books left to us by the late Rommel."
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 am

sorry, my fault. Hans is still missing, he is not in the room

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:44 am

Hemming resumes his innocuous banter with Johan and Moa, but taking more care to drink at a slower pace than them. He gradually steers the conversation towards the widow, gauging Johan's temperament towards her.

"So, do you have any other family close by? Besides your sister and sister-in-law, of course..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Keeping a slower pace isn't hard... They are both quite fast drinkers! And Johan seems to be the one paying every round.
"Ja här på begravningen är ju Hans, hans dotter Stina, och jag tror liv är en släkting med... "
stearing the conversation to Johanna, the sister Angnes suddenly arives at the bar.

"yah, that death was mighty convenient for her wasn't it? Another month and she probably wouldn't have had a penny the spoiled brat. Im glad Per had the cense to leave the company to you Johan"

Johan: "there there sis, dont go sprouting nonsense, they where fighting a lot but the way you say it sounds as if she killed him! She's not that bad!"
"so what do you think of your book Hemming? I know that if you sold it to the right collectors you could probably get 200 000kr or more for it! Its rumored that the pages are written with the blood of a demon! I cant say if thats true, but we did have it checked, and it is written in blood! He, just don't go selling it to some cristian nut or they will probably burn it."

Another round of drinks are served, a black liquid that smells like licorice served in snapsglas

the lawyer exits at the same time as you, case in hand. Before heading for the armored car, he asks if he should drive you anywhere?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:55 pm

"The blood of a demon? Even more interesting. Unfortunately, I don't speak a word of Greek, but if I were to sell it, I do know a... collector that might be interested. I must say, I was quite surprised to be summoned here, I had no knowledge of your brother until I received the letter saying that he had passed. Do you know anything more about why this particular collection of people were brought here?"

As the dark licorice drink is handed round, Hemming takes a sniff... not the biggest fan of licorice, but it would be rude to turn it down... especially after Johan has bought all the rounds tonight.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:00 am

"Thank you, that's kind of you to offer. I was just going to pop to the co-op, but if you don't mind driving me I'd like to pop by the restaurant we went to last night. The food there was much better than the John! Would you mind dropping me off there?"

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:43 pm

► Show Spoiler
Well isent that tipicall my brother? He had this book you see, where he wrote down people who did him something good during his life... and bad. I guess your lucky enough to be one of the descendents of a person in the book maybe?

Now for Johan and his generous wooes! Skål och botten up!
(He raises the glass in a cheer and empties it. Moa dose the same. Yes its the Swedish way)

The lawyer drives you to the diner Cesar, casually making conversation along the way.
"That book you have there is quite something! I had a look threw the collection at home last night, and i couldn't make heads or tails of any of the plants! Beautiful book tho."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:49 pm

"Yes it is! I've always had a fondness for the natural world. It takes me away from the hustle and bustle of everyday people nonsense. Not that I'd want to live out there or anything. Oh my goodness no! Far too damp for my liking, and nothing good ever came from that if you ask me!

But what about you? What brings you to Filipstad? Do you live here or are you just here for the funeral? How well did you know Per Rommell? I must admit I'm quite curious about him. I never met the man, or even heard of him until I got the invitation to his funeral! I don't suppose you know what my connection to his family might be do you?

Phyllis will wait for an answer in between each question rather than rattling them all off at once like a machine gun :)

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:12 pm

"I was supposed to tell everyone... But his book of good deeds with all the explanations has gone missing... together with a lot of other things.. It seemed someone had shuffled threw his room when I got there.
Iv bin his Lawyer for 20 years now! And no im not from Filipstad! I live in Stockholm, but im originally from itally. I was quite surprised to be honest, I had suspected us staying at grand-hotel in the capital, with a few hundred guests.. And we end up here at this dump... But it said so in the will. Well his wife is from around here that may be the reason."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:49 am

"Oh my goodness! That's disgraceful, burglarising a dead man's possessions! What was this Book of Good Deeds? Have the police not managed to trace anything from the theft?"

"My goodness! 20 years is a long time! You must have known him well then? ...If it's not too impertinent a question, may I ask how he got on with his family? It seems like they have their share of family drama!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 am

Hemming raises his glass in joining the toast and knocks it back, hiding a grimace at the taste of the drink.

"So were all the others that chose a book strangers to you as well?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Lawyer:
Hehe, sorry to say the book of good deeds is just his own diary. He was one of those men who always wanted to pay back his dept's, so he wrote down the names of people who did something nice for him when he lived. Could have bin helping him with a broken-down car, or some girl he had a crush on...
Ah now sadly no, no leads on who stole the things... well almost no leads. It was a inside job, that much is known. The door was locked and the windows were closed. And i really shoulder be talking about his family relations. It was nice talking to you miss, you better go in to the restaurant before they close the kitchen.

As you get to the door, you see the note: "Familje olycka, Stängt"
Its quite obviously closed

Hemming: everything is getting a bit blurry and out of focus, and your having a hard time listing to the others, but you get that they diddent recognise stina and that Moa knows noone here... After some time of talking (you dont realy know about what) you note that Johan is asleep in his chair and Moa is excusing herself and heading for her room. The rest of the room appears to be empty, except for Henrik who is still reading his book a in one of the corners of the room.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Belatedly realizing he hadn't dealt with checking into a room, Hemming inquires of the barman if he would be able to secure a room for the night.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 am

"Well. I suppose I should have expected that... Damn."

Phyllis decides to explore the town a bit (I'm assuming it's early evening still?), and will head in the direction of any shops or pubs that look like they might be open. As she walks, she'll look out for any signs that will point her towards the town hospital or a taxi.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:03 pm

the barman walks over to the reception, and hands you one of the keys hanging on the wall. It has a large 9 on it... or is it a six? before you can ask the bartender has walked away. Image
The world is spinning to much to stop him. Might as well guess right? Is it the big one next to the bar, or the smal one way over in the corridor?
► Show Spoiler
Philips takes a walk: the town is simply flowing with life!

Ok, maybe not.... It looks totally deserted.

What signs are you looking for? you do find a pharmacy (that closed at 16:00) And there is a big sign with a cross on it that spelling "KREMATORIUM"
There isn't a single taxi in this town....

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Hemming opts for the closest room, and steadies himself against the doorframe as he fumbles the key into the lock on Room 6.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 am

Mostly a traffic sign or something really. Hospitals are usually sign-posted to be recognisable even to people who don't speak the language so I was hoping she could wander about a bit and find it.

Guessing that Krematorium is exactly what it sounds like, Phyllis will reach out pyschically to see if there are any spirits hanging around who might be lonely and fancy a chat. She'll keep wandering around town for a little while, but will start making her way back to the co-op to pick up some bread and cheese.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Fumbling with the key you manage to get it into the lock! It wont turn, but as you press the handle the door opens anyway! Its your lucky day! Just settle in around all the other stuff... uhm. At least there is no-one in the room right now? Your trained instincts makes you notice the purse on the table right by the door.

No such signs Philips... but you do find a cowering spirit by the crematorium.
"Kommer den hit? ├är den h├ñr? De gamlas tecken! Kraften! ├är du h├ñr f├Âr att ta min sj├ñl med? De tog hans! Jag k├ñnner att du h├Âr mig! Jag k├ñnd det! Vid hotellet! DU TOG DET ELLER HUR? DU TOG DET OCH NU ├äR DU EFTER MIGGGGGG! DU SKA D├û INNAN DU TAR MIG! D├û! D├û! D├û!"
...it dosnt sound friendly and the fear you felt from it has switched to anger and rage... and its moving towards you.
Hotel Jon is right behind you., you might make it if you run.