Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 [Recruiting Closed]

Home to all current Forum Games.
Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 [Recruiting Closed]

Post by Orga the Strange » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Bal-Ghash moves to EE 4. If EE 4 is occupied he instead moves to EE 5.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:04 am

And back from my LARPing weekend. Will update in a few hours.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:14 am

Galain charges into the room, swinging at a Skeleton's legs but it hops back to avoid him. Zhill moves into the room, taking up a corner and focusing his senses on one target, releasing an arrow that hits it in the eye socket and takes its skull clean off. Theis charges into the room, slashing at one skeleton and breaking several bones with his daggers. Zolas moves into the doorway and fires a bolt of energy at the Skeleton Galain is fighting, striking it as bits of bone fly off. Tadil enters the room and attacks the same target, his blade cutting it down into a pile of bones and dust. Bal-Ghash repositions within the first room, ready to join the fight.

The skeletons react, two of them converging on Theis, and one scoring a glancing blow that draws his blood. The third skeleton tries to swing at Tadil but the well armored Knight is nearly impervious to it's blows.

Galain moves to CC4 and attacks the Skeleton in BB4, but misses.
Zhill moves to DD2, spends a move action to Activate Keen Eye, then attacks the Skeleton in AA2, hitting it for 3 damage, enough to destroy it. It drops some treasure.
Zolaz moves to EE3 after Theis moves out of the way and attacks the Skeleton in BB4, hitting it for 1 damage.
Tadil goes to BB3 and attacks the Skeleton in BB4, hitting it for 2 damage, enough to destroy it. It drops some treasure.
Theis moves to AA3 and attacks the Skeleton in Z3, hitting it for 2 damage.
Bal-Ghash moves to EE4.

Skeleton from W2 moves to Z2 and attacks Theis, but misses.
Skeleton from Z3 attacks Theis, hitting for 1 damage.
Skeleton from Y4 moves to AA4 and attacks Tadil, but misses.

Dlover: Galain, Halfling Monk 1 - Health 3/3, Attack 2, Speed 3, Defense 4, Range 1; Counter Attack, Parkour
kida: Zolaz, Human Mage 1 - Health 2/2, Attack 2, Speed 2, Defense 1, Range 3; Magic User, Spells-Magic Bolt, Mage Armor
gamecreator: Tadil, Human Knight 1 - Health 4/4, Attack 3, Speed 2, Defense 4, Range 1; Smite, Healing Hands
Theis2: Theis, Elf Thief 1 - Health 1/2, Attack 3, Speed 4, Defense 2, Range 1; Lock Picks, Trap Sense
Orga the Strange: Bal-Ghash Zajar, Half-Orc Mage 1 - Health 2/2, Attack 2, Speed 2, Defense 1, Range 3; Magic User, Spells-Magic Bolt, Blink
SGTdude: Zhill, Elf Archer - Health 2/2, Attack 3, Speed 4, Defense 1, Range 8 ; Keen Eye, Reflexes

Map
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:25 am

► Show Spoiler
I will spend another action using Keen Eye, then attack the skeleton in Z2, and then move to AA2,
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:27 am

Zolaz moves to CC3 and attacks the skeleton in Z2 if he survives , otherwise attack the skeleton in Z3

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Tadil goes to BB04 and attacks the skeleton on AA04. He picks up whatever treasure was left from previous skeleton.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Galain, since apparently everybody wants to get in the road of one of the melee characters, sits where he is, uselessly, incapable of reaching any enemies. moves to BB3 to attack the skeleton on AA4.

Seriously, SGT, why are you taking an archer into the front lines when there is still a melee character to take that position? If you're assuming the enemies will all be dead, then sooner or later you will be too.
Last edited by Dlover on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:06 pm

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:38 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:55 pm

► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:58 pm

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

yes. I am not infantry. In the analogy I used I would be artillery. So I put myself in the spot where I could hit every target currently in combat. But in order to appease the "meat shields"...

I do not move from the corner I am in, use Keen eye, and take down the same target.

There. Now anyone is free to engage by melee.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 pm

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:20 am

gamecreator wrote:I'd rather see Theis hit something and get out of there. And then never end his turn in melee until he gets more HP or Defense.
It doesn't seem like that is possible, at least it wasn't last turn. My last action was supposed to be me moving away to CC2. I had enough actions and speed to do so.

Theis will be the last to act
Theis will attack the skeleton on Z3
Theis will then move to CC2 if there still is a skeleton alive on Z3 If moving after an attack isn't possible even with a new move action then just move away.

If the skeleton on Z3 is dead, move to the chest and search for traps.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:42 am

► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:45 am

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 am

► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 am

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:29 am

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:42 am

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:07 am

► Show Spoiler
Thank you for attention and sorry for offtopic. You are not obliged to answer to this post.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 am

I just want to play the game instead of arguing about minor misunderstandings when we havent even finished clearing the first room. Because, I dont know about you but I dont really find that fun.

I am pretty sure I understand the attack radius now, and I have taken actions to make sure I am neither on the front line, nor in the way. If there is something else I need to do in-game gc, please let me know.

Thanks

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Just waiting for Orga to post actions

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:13 am

Zajar moves to DD 4 and assists Taldil in attacking the skeleton in AA4.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Zhil nocks another arrow and takes careful aim at the second skeleton, releasing after just a moment and his arrow shatters the skeleton's chest, it falls into a heap of bones. Zolas enters and fires at the one that had attacked Theis, a bolt of energy blowing it apart. Tadil and Galain criss cross each other and swing at the remaining skeleton, Tadil's weapon taking off the creature's arms and Galain sweeps its legs out from under it and it crashed to the floor. Zajar enters the room, just in time to participate in looting. Gailain finds some coin among the bones of one skeleton.

Theis, free to move without any skeletons trying to kill them, approaches the chest carefully and then exams all adjacent spaces for traps. None are found.

Zhill spends a move action to Activate Keen Eye, then attacks the Skeleton in Z02, hitting it for 3 damage, enough to destroy it. It drops some treasure.
Zolas moves to CC03 and attacks the Skeleton in Z03, hitting it for 1 damage, enough to destroy it. It drops some treasure.
Tadil moves to CC04 and attacks the Skeleton in AA04, hitting it for 2 damage. He picks up the treasure at his feet, adding 2 gold to the Party Inventory.
Galain moves to BB04 and attacks the Skeleton in AA04, hitting it for 2 damage, enough to destroy it. It drops some treasure.
Zajar moves to DD04 and does nothing as his taget is dead.
Theis spends two move actions to move to W04, then searches the chest for traps. Theis finds no traps.

All Skeletons are dead.

Dlover: Galain, Halfling Monk 1 - Health 3/3, Attack 2, Speed 3, Defense 4, Range 1; Counter Attack, Parkour
kida: Zolaz, Human Mage 1 - Health 2/2, Attack 2, Speed 2, Defense 1, Range 3; Magic User, Spells-Magic Bolt, Mage Armor
gamecreator: Tadil, Human Knight 1 - Health 4/4, Attack 3, Speed 2, Defense 4, Range 1; Smite, Healing Hands
Theis2: Theis, Elf Thief 1 - Health 1/2, Attack 3, Speed 4, Defense 2, Range 1; Lock Picks, Trap Sense
Orga the Strange: Bal-Ghash Zajar, Half-Orc Mage 1 - Health 2/2, Attack 2, Speed 2, Defense 1, Range 3; Magic User, Spells-Magic Bolt, Blink
SGTdude: Zhill, Elf Archer - Health 2/2, Attack 3, Speed 4, Defense 1, Range 8 ; Keen Eye, Reflexes
Party Inventory: 2 gold

Maps:
► Show Spoiler