Oasis Hearth: A Roleplaying Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Oasis Hearth: A Roleplaying Thread

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:58 pm

--RP Thread for Characters from Civilization IV - - New Players Also Welcome!--

All info from before the Civ ended is here: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 - this includes a list of all characters (most recent is on page 97) and a description of stuff that's at the two main villages.

I'll "GM" this, but only as far as that:
- if someone new wants to join, I'll approve their characters.
- I'll post "world events" that happen and can be reacted to
- if arguments happen or things are considered unrealistic, I'll step in.

Please try to keep arguments over how things go to a minimum - if you want to do something, do it - post about "trying to do it" and then succeed or fail after a while as far as you see is realistic. If someone else posts about it failing, then it probably failed. Don't kill other people's characters or spoil other people's fun - in a freeform game like this it's all about give and take. If you succeed at everything all the time, I'll just throw monsters and earthquakes in to even it out.

If you want more than one character, go right ahead and make a second or third one. I will add character info to this post once people start posting. Having extra characters is actually encouraged, in my opinion it should keep the thread moving along, so if only a few posters are around, they can still interact with each other.

For ease of reading, please start each post with your character's name, and if necessary a location (eg Feather's Foothold/Oasis Hearth Outside/Temple/Wilderness etc)

Character List:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by nikohl on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Oasis Hearth: A Roleplaying Thread

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:10 pm

To start things off -

Armor-Maker (Oasis Hearth)
The un-imaginitively named young goblin apprentice sighs to himself as he walks out of his hut and stomps across the centre of Oasis Hearth for yet ANOTHER day of soaking animal hide and poking his fingers with bone needles. He waved to a couple of younglings as he passed, wishing he were still young enough like them - that he could run and play and attend the magic-lessons he so used to enjoy - and that he did not have to work in the hot sun instead.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Wind Rider (oasis hearth)

The young and small for his age goblin named wind Rider walked slowly toward the tethered glider. Today would be the first day he was to fly one of them. All his training and lessons had led him to this point. As he walked slowly toward the gliders some of his class-mates that bullied him called out at him as he passed "try to fall out of the sky wind-breaker" they jeered at him.

He would show them he thought to himself.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Throws Big Rocks (Oasis Hearth)

A young goblin who listened to he stories of Beats Rocks Together, especially the tale of hos Beats Rocks stopped a berzerking dwarf by hurling a boulder into the bearded berzerkers brain. The physically fit goblin worked hard to be a warrior for the tribe, proving as good in a fight as his idol, and he displayed great skill with thrown weapons, preferring lobbing large rocks. As a hobby he spoke with the tribe's engineers and learned about various siege weapons, which he learned the basics of setting up and using such devices.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Sails-The-Horizon: Explorer, Adventurer, and Sailor

Sails is busy working with the Yoodles on modifying the Sand Dancer to be fit for travel on the high seas. All of his crew(The Talon) have been called in to help, but the job is large enough that it will still take several days or weeks to finish. When he has time, he takes the portal back to Oasis Hearth to talk with his now longtime friend and comrade Reaches(The chieftess, for those who don't remember after so long), sometimes about important work, but just as often talking of small things as a way to relax. He also takes care of the young heir when Reaches has chieftess duties that keep her busy(When he isn't part of those duties as well or on a mission, that is), much as he did while the foothold was being founded; He became quite fond of the child after having taken care of her for many months.

I don't know how active i will be in doing things myself(Other than the continuing stuff i mentioned above, and adventuring once my ship is finished), but Sails is definitely still a presence in the tribe, and if you want to talk to him/join the talon/Reaches needs him on a mission, then he is available and i will almost certainly be able to reply.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:45 am

(People with new characters: Please tell me your Master/Expert/Mediocre things in your next RP post so I can add them to the list, they're only really for fluff but it's nice to have the info)

Armor-Maker - Oasis Hearth
Maker picks up the breastplate he'd been working on the day before and continues to work on it, shaping it over a stone used for that purpose. He hummed to himself as he worked to pass the time - even though he was only an apprentice, he had a great talent for leatherwork, and barely needed to concentrate on the simpler pieces that he was making.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 pm

((Well... Nothing has happened here for nearly two months... Absolutely the right time for me to jump in ! :D))

Reaches-for-the-Stars: Wizard, Inventor and Diplomat, Chieftess, Mother, Chosen of Maglubyite, Owner of a Divine Dire Wolverine Mystical Companion... Yes she has a lot on her Back.

In fact, Reaches for the stars seems to take at liking at feathers foothold. She founded it together with Sails and the talon, but credits (truthfully) at least 90% of the recet successes here to the Master Explorer. While she still does her best in Oasis Heart, be it Inner Tribal Politics, Diplomacy with Allies and Enemies, yet another species, wanting to go at war with the goblins or the last magical chaos wave - She seems to retreat a little from the bureaucratic parts of tribal politics. Since the death of her husband at the hands of a band of mischievous kobolds a few months have passed and she again, really starts to smile, while she often seems someway dreamy... Or wise beyound her years, as you ever want to put it. The winged goblin loves to sit or hover at the edge of the sea, watching the horizon and listening to the song of wind and waves.... It helps her understand the elements of air and water much better, she says. It helps her get new Ideas for the goblins. Well, maybe thats really true... But it also seems, that the wounds in the couragous chieftess soul slowly are beginning to... No, not heal... but... Fade...

She currently is in search for someone who takes the "administrative", the "bureaucratic" Details in Feathers Foothold, as Sails has her made understanding, that he does not really have any interests in the more dusty parts of the leadership here.

In fact, she can often be seen with the captain, whom she seems to consider her closest friend... HerhHusband, a great earth mage dead, her teller and her Master Spy... Well not so much at last... Seemingly lost in some kind of desert expedition. Also, she just TAKES her time, to play and raise her daughter. her only child, heiress of the tribes crown should something ever happen to her... And one can see, she loves her.

"Soo it will be time for her naming ceremony...", she tells Sails one day and smiles, yet a little sorrow is in her voice. "With Stops-and-Stares away, I am asking myself who should do it... I could do myself... But I already feel to have taken to much power in my own hands." A grin. "Sounds strange from a chieftess, I guess, hu...?" Again, she watches after the youngling - Playing with some of her friends in the white sands. "She will also get to know her stats... I was so curious that day at her age. While I already know, she has a Charisma an Intelligence which is way over the racial adjustments." Another grin. "But that also could be mothers pride..." A feather loosens from one of the six-feet-btoad, beige wings on her back nad starts to travel in the air... Until one of the warriors catches it and carefully pockets it. The chieftess sighed silently. Her feathers had become something akin to luck stones... Well, if it boosts the morale...

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 am

Sails is talking to Reaches after a long day of working on the Desert wind. Progress is still slow since most of the Talon is busy with the development of Feathers foothold, but he's about half done with converting the ship. He's a little worn out, but talking to Reaches is far more interesting and (mostly) relaxing than resting, so he's as animated as ever.

"Heh, i know for a fact that none of the clan would protest if you named your own daughter, they respect you too much, but i understand that you don't want to have the extra power or responsibility of naming the children. Hmm...Oh! I know, what if you made a law that in the absence of a teller, mothers could name their own children? That way you wouldn't be taking power for yourself, but giving it to all the mothers in the tribe." Visibly pleased with his idea, Sails lets his feet fall to the ground from where they were propped up and leans forward while talking about it. Only after he's done explaining does he follow Reaches' gaze to the younglings. "No, it's not just pride, she's been inquisitive and charming practically since she was born. I'd like to say i can take some credit for how she turned out, but i'm pretty sure i just taught her swordfighting and filled her head with adventure stories..." Sails grins a little sheepishly as he watches the heir gather up her friends and head off to dig up some buried treasure in the sands nearby. As he sees her reaction to the warrior taking the feather, he's a little saddened by it. Reaches is a symbol of greatness for the whole clan, but that can become a large burden, especially if one has to try and live up to that image, for the good of the clan. He's not sure what could be done to help though, Reaches almost certainly would not agree to anything that would hurt clan morale as much has ordering the members not to treat her as a deity. Instead he changes the subject. "So, if you're considering naming her yourself, you must have a few ideas for what names would sound good. Let's hear them!"