Minelings & Constructlings OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Minelings & Constructlings OOC

Post by gamecreator » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:57 am

We already have steady supply of food from seaweed. The problem is, that people underestimate how realistic this game is.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:16 am

gamecreator wrote:Seaweed spreads with spores, so you can say it has seeds.
Nerre wrote:I set the limit to the depth in which it grows to 7.
So should Kach drain the upper lake, all seaweed in the lower lake will die?
No, there is a special rule for that, so the plants don't die during the month of flood. It will keep growing the current season, but once it turns into seeds, those who are too deep will not sprout into new plants next year. So you might consider moving them to higher underwater ground which is within the limit of 7. Also moving seeds is the best method to spread it, moving plant parts has a chance of failure.

You don't know yet if the water stays that high or if it will balance itself back to the old water level. After all it was a one time event that isn't likely to be repeated.
:zzz:

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 am

One more question: are there other ways to get additional XP except combat? Of course, I am not asking you to tell about ones we haven't discovered.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Yes, I asigned more than just 1 XP/turn a few times. But won't tell how much and when. :)
Only so much about the why: Do something great or smart, and it will rewarded. As you noticed this game is not as much combat-focused as others.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Oh, well. I'll go reread entire thread then. It can't be helped. :(

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:24 am

SGTdude wrote:[I am assuming I will continue to be provided food so i dont die (since im at 1hp and 0rds stil damage from hunger)]
You still can use XP to heal yourself or let somebody do it if one of them is a doctor. Also Trip and you ate this turn, so you don't need food next turn. Minelings only need food every other round. Oggy will eat the last food next turn, and you will only feel hungry the turn after if you found nothing until then.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:31 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Tar climbs the mountain once more,..
(shouldn't that ladder still be there?)
I made the NPCs move them since 3 were without a task since the fire was not fed. But you can order them to move it back if you want to go up. Or you can take the longer route through the inside of the mountain Bob found. From there you can also go up, even if it takes a bit longer.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:51 am

The image for this turn shows the same level of water while description claims it's two blocks lower.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:13 am

Sorry, messed this up. Knew I forgot something but did not find out what. :D

I did correct it, all water 2 levels lower now.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 am

What about a little water over obsidian and one block of water near the big tree? Should it remain the same or evaporate?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:29 am

It will evaporate during this month, as it is not fed by nature. The upper one only got there cause of a heavy storm, the lower one cause Kach drained the upper pool. Rain might refill both, same for a flood.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Is it normal that I've been sitting at 8 exp for about 2 months in real time now I really want to learn those new skills, but can't cause my exp hasn't changed in a while.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:41 pm

**Constructlings, I was thinking that when we have the first new pick, we maybe want to get A worker to go mine coal in Bob's mine?
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 am

Sorry Croverus, I will take a look at the xp. I forget it sometimes.

Edit: I checked it. I forgot it once, so your XP progress was 6-7-7-8. Changed it to 6-7-7-9 to correct it, that way I only had to change one update. Same for the others. There should now be a +2 steps for the last update but a +0 the week before.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:22 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:**Constructlings, I was thinking that when we have the first new pick, we maybe want to get A worker to go mine coal in Bob's mine?
I got a mine under my name now? Cool!

Also I think it's a good idea.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:27 am

Yes, would be a waste to use him for cooking if he can mine. Not being forced to eat every day helps if your inventory and food supply is limited. :)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:53 am

Is there an upgrade to a doctor skill, which would lessen XP cost? It looks like a single-tier skill to me.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 am

You can improve it further. It is just that you nearly used it at all after you got it.
Some upgrades make it heal more, others make it cost less or have other positive side effects or grant more abilities. As your health and strength and constitution might increase, so will the skills. Else you would not get enough hp to heal yourself back to health in time between to fights. ;)

So far, Zaul is the only one who got the skill in both games. Some are close to have enough practice, but I won't spoiler who and why. You know, my "you wont get the math behind the game" thing. :roll:
As with most skills, you need to use it very often to improve it or initially learn it. As this one is special and needs XP to be practiced and trained, I will thinking about making the costs to get it after enough training lower or even remove them. You might be able to train it without using XP on somebody, at least partially as Zaul did with his good roleplaying, but if I lower the costs or remove them, you would have to pay the xp to heal, no matter how good you roleplay. I only might grant a bonus in healing power or introduce whatever you invented to improve healing as a new item.

If I would lower it below what Zaul pays, I would back any XP above the new costs, as he had to pay 10 XP after he already spend some XP to heal people and practice by doing that.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 am

I'm glad, that HP/XP rate can be improved. I feel strangely devoid of XP in Constructlings. This should serve as an incentive for me to stop being lazy and research XP-gaining activities already.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:30 pm

There is one example already. Advanced cooking for example can deliver minor buffs, but you have to roleplay what you do so I get an idea what you want. :)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:00 pm

I mentioned this to Nerre previously but just wanted to state publicly that I have really lost interest in this game and for that reason I am going to be dropping out as soon as the squid either kills me or is dead. You guys can have complains be controlled by somebody else or have him walk off into the lava, whatever works best for you.

Thanks
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:58 am

Okay. :(

So we need 1-2 players for both games now.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 am

I forgot my USB stick today, so I cannot do a proper update. I might be able to do it, but I could not check if anybody would get a skill upgrade. Would have to do that a turn later then. Got most of the graphics and text here in the thread, so it still might work.

Enkrod
Whispers Softly

Post by Enkrod » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 am

I've read through Minelings and i'd like to play Zoomy.
I will read through Constructlings but i'm not sure if i'll play there.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 am

Nice! Just post an action for him in the Minelings game thread then. :)