Minelings & Constructlings OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Minelings OOC

Post by Nerre » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 am

Updated the rule book, you might want to take a look. Some additions, no real changes.

Split up the section "Minelings" into "Minelings", "Actions and Movement" and added the section "Inventory" containing the rules of what you can carry.

@Looks: About the rope: 1 unit equals 1 block in length, so it equals 5 pixels. So with the 12 units rope, you can climb down 12 blocks (or even 16 if you jump down from the end of the rope) without taking damage.
It does not fill out 12 blocks, only 3 when rolles up. :)
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:39 am

Just to make sure everybody did spot it:

You have to explicitily state that you want to mine along a mineral vein by destroying stone (not granting construction stones) instead of mining the stone as well, else I will assume you want to mine it as well.
You can mine 2 stones per turn or you can destory 4. For each mined stone you get 2 construction stone, while destroying them gives you nothing.
While mining mineral veins, you can mine 1 mineral and 1 stone per turn, or mine 1 mineral and destroy 2 stone per turn.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:29 am

Well...Any of the other Original game peoples (other than Layf) wanna be in a second one?

Or anyone else reading this...

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:54 am

I think we should put seaweed into jars, so they won't dry up.

Also I signed up for the second game.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 am

I will first finish the curse of the gold update, than take a look at the second game and prepare it. Might start tomorrow. :)
Still one slot free.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:03 am

I'd be interested in the second game, though it would have to be different from this in some way, preferably either in the starting area, or we play as different type of -lings.

I'm going to bed now, so I won't post for at least 5 hours.

UnderstandsLittle
Whispers Softly

Post by UnderstandsLittle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:08 am

I had assumed you didn't want one person in both games.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Nerre.. FH and SA... are there any way of getting those except for the calender dates?
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Yes, there are special events and I also roll on them. But I won't spoil how often. :)

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Minelings & Constructlings OOC

Post by Nerre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:35 pm

gamecreator wrote:OOC: Are those holes in the ceiling unexplored or is it just coloring? In latter case, can you reserve magenta for unexplored places?
Pink means unexplored. I should paint the left one as a longer vertical tunnel than the right, since - I think it was Trip - already looked into it.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Yes, please do.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 am

Updated, the large duct is now far longer.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:57 pm

When will we see combat rules?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:54 pm

So far I was kind of lazy, I tried a few systems but none really convinced me, so I only put up an Thac0/etw0 for everybody, bugs, octopus and goblins, and then diced D20. Your chances to hit were higher than theirs. This and everybody being lucky ment nobody died except the monsters. :)

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Back from my weekend LARPing, sorry for the absence

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:34 am

No problem. Normally I am not on much on the weekend, this sunday was an exception cause of sore muscles and very bad weather. Saying: Normally you won't miss an update cause o fthe weekend, cause I don't update on the weekend. There might be exception, but only when everybody has posted. Talking about everybody: Any news about UnderstandsLittle?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 am

Since some already asked:

I tried a different approach on getting better skills and attributes. You do not know how to get them to stop people from pre-calculating their careers. You get basic xp every turn, and you will get more xp and options to get skills on the way. Mostly, it depends on what you did so far, but there will also be special events and items, which will give you a boost on a specific field of knowledge. Once somebody aquiered a skill, he will be able to teach the others, but it will take some time, depending on the amount of knowledge the student already collected. After the teaching is done, the student will still have to pay xp to finally acquiere the skill. Some of you are pretty close to get the first options, so just keep playing as fine as you did so far. :)
The Mineling game players are closer as those of the Constructling game, since it has been running longer.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:33 am

Ahh.. yea.. I forgot :( Hmm.. swill still use the SA's

Nerre wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote:Tar climbs back down the mountain and jumps to the tree. If the newly formed brown things can be harvested for food, he takes as many as possible.
I wrote what they are:

Events:
- The seaweed grows and so do the cones on the pine tree.
Hmm.. well.. some pine cones have seeds that are big enough to provide usable food, and that are eatable.. these pines cones looks huge... can we harvest the seeds? (also known as Pine nuts :P )
-Best regards LAYF

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 am

I have a question, sorry if it was asked or answered before, but I am wondering:

Does the contrustlings game and the minelings happen on the same world, or are we set in different "universes"?
Do we have a theoretical chance of meeting each other?
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 am

They happen in the same universe and world and have the same mechanics, as you can see from the ressource thread. But I won't spoil if you are close to each other or maybe on totally different continents.

Also, I fear Kach meeting Hack might cause the universe of both games to explode.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:49 am

We'll have to make sure he dies first then...mwahaha

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:50 am

Nerre wrote:Some of you are pretty close to get the first options, so just keep playing as fine as you did so far. :)
So Zaul already got his first option?
By the way, was he to choose doctor skill, would he heal other goblins for his xp or their?

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am

Yeah I guess the fact that some players play in both games can make the 2 groups meeting to be weird. Not impossible, but weird.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 am

Nerre wrote:But he finds out that as he uses up the air inside and thus the water level rises, the helmet becomes heavier and heavier, too heavy to swim.
Hey, that's not how breathing works!

Also I think pine cones aren't edible yet. They will be at the end of the month (and, probably, they will fall off the tree).

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 am

I did not want to come up with CO-intoxication and problems with too much CO┬▓. I am a diver. Actually the air inside really does get less, or more correctly, it shrinks cause of the water preassure. So if you only talk about volume, it really get's less the deeper you go. But not cause you use it up by breathing, you are right about that.