Play the GM; Cold night, Dark day!

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Play the GM; Cold night, Dark day!

Post by LAYF » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:01 pm

If you wonder what this is, have a look Here, there is plenty of room for players

Friday evening, 21:15 oÔÇÖclock, 13th of august, 2010
Next time update will jump to Saturday morning 0600 oÔÇÖclock
The sound of the TV can be heard in all houses, everyone is eager and nervous to hear the news because the last few months, a killing spree have been sweeping over the grit city of Seaheaven, 21:15, the news reporter turns around in his chair, looks directly into the camera aaaaaand! action: ÔÇ£Five firefighters have been found brutally murdered in a house they were called out to just four hours ago.
Police says that they received a call about screams and animal noises coming from a abandoned warehouse 2 hours ago. When the investigators arrived at the scene they found the fire truck parked out front and the front door kicked in!
Cautious walking into the house, the police found the building to be in a fine condition, with no signs of any fire, with weapons at the ready, they searched through the house and what they found on the second floor shocked them! Here is the statement of police investigator David Sakora: ÔÇ£ the still picture of a young officer is shown on the left site of the screen ÔÇ£It was a horrific site when we opened the door. Body parts were thorn from the torso and laid all over the floor, blood sprayed all over the place. Over by the windows, there stood 3 grills and a pile of wet leaves. That leaves no doubt that the ÔÇ£fireÔÇØ was a staged trap, not unlike what we have seen on previous murder sites this past months... besides the mutilated bodies, skinned animals were also found on the premises, apparently they must have been killed after the firefighters, because their footprints was all over the place made in blood...ÔÇØ
The news reporter gets back on ÔÇ£Currently the police investigators and forensics are on the scene, but it looks like this will properly be the last we hear about these cases, as chief of police Leonel Valk has asked city mayor to place down a ban on all information in the public media, until more progress have been made.

In other news, the heat wave that....ÔÇØ

The news continue... the city is silent, more silent than it usually is anyways....
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Play the GM; Cold night, Dark day!

Post by LAYF » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:58 pm

ÔÇ£The 21:15 news? What the fu**... Oh shit, I only have 45 minutes to get to the gymÔÇØ James says to himself, before listening to whatever new horrific thin have happened in this shit hole of a city,
Quickly he takes his jacket on and runs out of the door, leaving his roommate to wonder what the hell just happened.

*Running.. Running is good right?... Huf huf huf.... Damn IÔÇÖm out of shape...* James is running down to the gym, he needs to do this.. he needs to get in better shape... Damn.. why does it take so long to get to the gym? It only takes him 15 min to walk... it canÔÇÖt possible take longer to run, not even at this slow speed!
-Best regards LAYF

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:45 pm

They'd never let him near the crime scene so it was useless to show up anyway. Instead, Rosie made careful notes of the crime; the method of death, the description of the scene, the names of witnesses. He would approach them later after he'd done some research but doubted that he would get very far. There were too many variables and not enough facts right now.

He set the notebook and pen on the old mattress he'd dragged inside the crumbling, abandoned home where he squatted. Slaying the supernatural didn't exactly pay the bills but he had managed to find a working TV in the garbage down the road and stealing cable was easy enough. The floor beneath him creaked as he stood up.

If just one creature could be on the prowl then there was work to be done. He grabbed his ripped backpack and stepped out the backdoor then walked round the house to the street.

Seaheaven was full of the homeless, addicts and punks. One more sinner wrapped in dirty clothes garnered no attention. His ankle-length coat was copped from a homeless shelter, never washed, but it covered his thick belt and supply pouches well.

He walked from streetlamp to streetlamp, towards the general area where the firemen had been murdered. The culprit might stick close to its previous crime scene.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BeanDip on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 am

(i'll reply to them if I feel ok after my procedure this afternoon. If I feel crappy though, it might not be til tomorrow, so if someone else grabs either in the meantime I won't mind :)

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Dean stepped down from the bus and inhaled deeply. He had traveled a long, uncomfortable journey to get here, to Seaheaven. Rumor had it that there were all kinds of things that go bump in the night here, and Dean was counting on it.

But first, there are more important things to take care of. He was running low on time, and needed a refill. Judging by the looks of the town though, this shouldn't be a difficult problem. He notices a gang of loud college students stumbling into a bar; "The Grinning Skull" a sign over the door reads. Dean smiles softly to himself. A bunch of drunk, easily manipulated college students? This would be too easy.

The solitary figure weaves his way through the herd, slowly stalking his new prey, ready to feast.
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:05 pm

The small pen light moved over the shelves in the Library. Kat stood and moved the light down the rows of old, dusty shelves. Normally one could just check out books, but very rare books tended to be more closely guarded. And Kat had no intrest in hainging around a college in this city trying to decipher the ancient text.

So tonight she was going to check out the manuscript of a forgotten doctoral candidate from eighty years, permenantly. She stopped at the right name in the alphabet and grabbed the cover down. As she opened it, she realized that the manuscript itself was missing. The empty cover box mocked her. She blinked and wondered...who was it that ran off with what she wanted to steal.

The sound of something moving in the far darkness caused her to pause for a moment and switch off the pen light...

Claim Dean
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:38 am

GM Response to Dean
Inside The Grinning Skull the place is packed. Girls and boys seem to crowd around at the bar and booths of the front room. Just beyond that is obviously a dance floor down a set of steps, the music pumping out at volume 11.

On the other side of the bar is a short set of steps going up. There appears to be a pool table. At it stands a young blond girl, dressed in a tee shirt and shorts. She looks like she should be in high school still even if she is drinking a bottle of beer. She smiles at Dean when their eyes meet. The phrase "Its alright if it is All Night" stenciled in white across her chest. The girl appears to be alone, except for black haired girl in a black mini and black knee high boots who is focused on knocking around billiard balls.
Last edited by Quarg on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am

I'll claim Kat.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:54 pm

(I couldn't get this done, and I'm on vacation from tonight, so please don't wait for me >.> Sorry guys, I'll claim again in future but can't do the above ones.)

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:34 pm

GM Response to Kat./u]

Kat stood motionless, listening intently. The shelves soon came into view, as her eyes adjusted to the light. There were books strewn across the floor in the next aisle. Kat cautiously steps forward, tense and ready to spring. Just as she gets to the end of the row, a brown blur rushes by her. Kat reacts quickly, grabbing what felt like the collar of an overcoat.

The two tumbled to the ground, wrestling for control. It was a man, who was only fighting with one arm, like he was holding something. She lands a blow to his temple, stunning him. She quickly pins his arms and shines her light, revealing him to be an aged man, wearing an overcoat, and clutching something to his chest under his coat.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Response to Rosie

As Rosie gets closer to the crime scene, he notes how everything around him drifts into slum, the buildings gets more and more cramped, with smaller and smaller windows and narrow allies running down the sites, at first, the number of homeless raises nearly for each meter walked.
Then suddenly, only half a block away from the scene, the allies becomes empty, the small cramped apartments seems abandoned, ItÔÇÖs like stepping into a ghost town, and there, hundred meters down he spots the house, there, between concrete low rent apartments, is a medium sized lawn, with a single building resting in the middle, at least 10 meters away from any other construction.
In front of it stands a lone policeman, leaning up against the wall, the whole house plastered in police tape...
ÔÇ£ssssssssssssSTH!ÔÇØ What the? The street light above Rosie goes out, and as she looks up, she sees that all light in the target house is also dead....
-Best regards LAYF

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Dean returns the smile and heads in the young girls direction. He probably won't even need any spells to ward off suspicion, everyone here is too drunk to notice his eyes. Weaving his way through the bouncing crowd, he pauses only to grab a drink from the bar. Soon he is overlooking the pool table, feigning interest in the game.

"Who's winning?" Dean casually asks, speaking normally but still somehow managing to be heard over the repetitive music. He takes a quick glance around, inspecting his surroundings looking for anything suspicious.

I claim James.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 pm

GM Response to James

James continued running, and soon the gym edged into view. Finally, he was almost there! As he neared the door, he paused. Sirens could be heard in the distance. That was nothing new, sirens could always be heard. Only, these sirens could were getting closer. And coming from different directions. What's going on now? James thought, as he watched the buildings slowly become illuminated in flashing red and blue lights.

The first car came over a hill, lights flashing and sirens screaming, soon followed by many others. The cars came to a screeching halt in front of the gym. Police jumped out of their cars, weapons drawn. One cop approached James, one hand outstretched, the other on his pistol.

"Sir, we need to ask you a few questions," he said calmly, looking around nervously.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:05 am

I claim Dean

The room, which has several pool tables, appears to be empty of anyone but Dean and the two girls. It has no windows, just the door back into the bar, a set of stairs on the far wall going up to a floor above, and a door that attempts to be disguised in the wall panelling on the far wall.

The blonde looks at him and smiles, "Do want to play a game?" She asks...

The black haired girl staitens up and turns to Dean. Her eyes are blue, but completely and utterly soleless. She looks into Deans at the same moment he looks at her, and says "F***, what the hell..."

The sound of a door sliding shut sounds behind him...the room is now closed off from the bar.

Dean knows what he is facing, the dark haired girl in her really, really short shirt and short mini is a vampire.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Dean hides his grimace behind a plastic smile. "A game? Sure, why not?" he replies clamly, setting down his drink and picking up a stick. As he saunters over to the table, he glances around the room, noting the exits. The door behind him is likely guarded by whoever shut it. Same with the poorly disguised door. Once he has his exit strategy planned, he inspects the blonde girl for signs of vampirism, all the while racking up the billiard balls.