Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:39 am

Magister: Do it.
Mercenary: What items do you have that you would be willing to trade, 1 for 1?
Artisan: Carry on.
Apprentice: We'll see how you fare.
Marshall & D-Knight: Do it and if the artisan is able to finish the castle next season, he can start on the military academy next. But having land cleared (trees cut, shrubbery removed) could potentially let him start on the project much faster and finish sooner.
Regent: Do it.

SpyMaster: As much as I would like to use your expertise, I realize that you have only returned from your long trip and have still not had much time to spend in your mansion among your maids. Please, take the season off to recuperate and once you've tasted of the flesh, once you've bathed and rested, then I think I shall have something for you to do. (I don't want to lose his services, because he is not beholden to us)
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Spymaster:- "Well, you did always say you liked a challenge to show off your skills. The ultimate test would be for you to spy on the Mercenary...MWha... But i'm no fool to send you on a purely pointless mission. But perhaps you do need some rest and enjoyment from your long service and journey with the mercenary, perhaps just getting reacquainted with local affairs would be enough for now, or I suppose you could question the other spy we captured instead of the magister with his more magical means. Still I'd prefer more info on the last attack that occurred in my city which has to do with this Mortimer fellow. Some say he may also be for hire so perhaps just some leverage over him would be more useful than teaching him a lesson...for now... Hrmphh...

ooc: Badge is kind of right. The spymaster isn't exactly beholden to us but he does like to push his luck and see how far he can get with us.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 am

What items do you have that you would be willing to trade, 1 for 1?
Image

"One on one, you say..? Well, most of my stock is admittedly a tad more expensive than this, so I was more hoping along the lines of a discount to one of my other wares... But I'm sure we can come to an arrangement you none the less appreciate."

"Allow me to consider my current stock... Ah- I have quite recently come into a rather exotic stock of potions- I'm quite certain at least some of them might interest you... They are all based around invoking permanent changes upon whoever drinks it... They tend to carry some side-effects, but intended benefits usually do tend to outweigh those."

"Let me see... Ah yes- The first potion is one of ironskin... It will harden the skin of whoever drinks it to be comparable to that of iron... Although it does tend to make the person drinking it less mobile, a bit more sluggish..."

"Second potion is one of fleet feet... It tends to increase one's agility above what would ordinarily be possible. At times advertised as a weight loss potion- Although I wouldn't advise to use it in such a manner..."

"The third potion... Well, it's called the "Red bull"- I'm not sure why, to be honest, concerning it has nothing to do with it's effect: It tends to grant the drinker wings. Although for most people, just wings is likely not enough to fly- Too much weight compared to what the wings can carry, you see."

"I do have one final potion besides those three... A potion of polymorph- It is simply waiting for a final sample of whatever species, or specific person, the final target needs to be... And since I can already anticipate what you're about to say- I'd generally advise against using something from yourself, and giving it to one of your court. The most likely result of trying to force such a drastic change is death. The second most likely result is that you end up with some kind of amalgamation of a form in-between their original, and the target... And additionally, given the rarity of such ingredients, I'd feel like I would need to charge extra..."

"Do any of those sound interesting..?"
As much as I would like to use your expertise, I realize that you have only returned from your long trip and have still not had much time to spend in your mansion among your maids. Please, take the season off to recuperate and once you've tasted of the flesh, once you've bathed and rested, then I think I shall have something for you to do.
"Well, you did always say you liked a challenge to show off your skills. The ultimate test would be for you to spy on the Mercenary...MWha... But i'm no fool to send you on a purely pointless mission. But perhaps you do need some rest and enjoyment from your long service and journey with the mercenary, perhaps just getting reacquainted with local affairs would be enough for now, or I suppose you could question the other spy we captured instead of the magister with his more magical means. Still I'd prefer more info on the last attack that occurred in my city which has to do with this Mortimer fellow. Some say he may also be for hire so perhaps just some leverage over him would be more useful than teaching him a lesson...for now... Hrmphh...
Image

"Ah, well now, that is music to my ears... Don't mistake that I do wish to earn my keep, so to speak, but it shall do me good to indulge myself for at least a little while..." The spymaster says, jumping on the first opportunity to avoid his responsibilities- Although he does add:

"I suppose I'll spend some time doing a bit of research on both subjects, at least... Figure out which one might pay off more, what the best method of approach would be... Whatever I can from the comfort of my seat."

>The Spymaster will rest this season...

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:25 am

Mercenary : actually I was more interested in the artifacts you have acquired.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:56 am

actually I was more interested in the artifacts you have acquired.
Image

"Oh trust me, these potions could very well be considered artifacts- They're made with ingredients your Magister would be hard-pressed to get his hands on... Although I'd not dare test his skill on whether he could create them himself should he still somehow get his hand on them!"

"If you are interested in my actual artifacts, however, I can certainly provide... Although there'd be no one on one trade there, I'm afraid- Only discounts. Unless perhaps you have no issue with some cursed items..? I do have a couple of those that are perhaps of interest..."

"But first, to go over basics... If you remember, that decanter of infinite water has not quite yet left my hands- 10 gold coffers. In the same price range, I've made a new acquisition: the orb of foresight. I don't guarantee it's usefulness, since it seems to be a bit... 'Finicky' on what it will and won't take- But in theory, the orb should glow different colors depending on what kind of events will be happening in it's surroundings- With green usually being good things, red being bad things... The more intense the color, the better or worse the event- And the longer in advance it gives the warning... I actually have it on me, so here is one free prediction, on the house-" the Mercenary speaks up, as he digs into his coat- digging out a relatively small, hand-sized orb... Which is glowing a bright red.

"Oh my... Now that is mildly foreboding."

"Anyways, if you still consider either of those items too expensive... I do as mentioned have some cursed items I might be glad to get my hands rid off... First is the "truth choker"- It's a band that is placed around the neck, and forces it's wearer to speak only the truth... But once placed, cannot be removed- And with each truth spoken, tightens around the neck... It usually takes about three statements to choke them to death. I'm sure you can figure out a good use for that, although it is a bit of a macabre one..."

"The second one is a blooddrinker sword... It is an exceptionally powerful blade, capable of piercing even armor- But once taken out of it's scabbard, it has a thirst that must be quenched- If it is not, it will simply deem fit to take it from it's wielder..."

"The final one is a ring of shadow walking... Turns the user invisible, allows them to walk through walls... Bad thing being that while being in such a state, people apparently report the feeling of being "watched and hunted". Maybe it's just a feeling of paranoia... But I wouldn't take my chances with that. Seems to be elvish."

"Any of those interest you, then..?"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 am

How much are you willing to offer me for the lure worm egg? when it comes to a discount. I find the infinite water supply interesting... though.. I wonder how much water or can supply on a constant basis?
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:22 pm

How much are you willing to offer me for the lure worm egg? when it comes to a discount. I find the infinite water supply interesting... though.. I wonder how much water or can supply on a constant basis?
"Hmm, for a trade... I suppose... How about 3? A fair price it seems, to me..."

"As for how much water it could supply- If your hope is to use it as a sole supply for your entire city, I am afraid you're out of luck... Although it is substantial. Hard to put a number on it, but for example, I'm sure you could put it to use in your barracks, and provide enough water for all soldiers."

"So, Freyahl..? Is there anything that might interest you for such a prize?"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11417
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:18 pm

I dunno, none of it really seems... Good. Sort of like he's trying to pass off trash to us.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14619
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:42 pm

No thanks to the crappy water artifact. Only one was interesting was polymorph one and not how we want it to soo...Yea I'd rather not have his shit either.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Yeah... Thanks but no thanks.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:41 am

I dunno, none of it really seems... Good. Sort of like he's trying to pass off trash to us.
No thanks to the crappy water artifact. Only one was interesting was polymorph one and not how we want it to soo...Yea I'd rather not have his shit either.
Yeah... Thanks but no thanks.
Image

"Ah, truly a shame... Well, if none of my stock interests you, I'm afraid there is little to be done about it... What IS it you'd wish to see, however..? Oh, and- Do you still wish to sell that egg to me. or shall you be finding a different use for it?"

>The court has received their orders.
>Time passes

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:37 pm

We should still sell the egg to him, just to tie up loose ends as we don't have a clever use for it currently and might just get stuck with it hatching. I'd agree to some for of discount on our next transaction with him.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Image

>It is the 313th year after slumber.
>It is Autumn.


After selling the egg to the Mercenary- Which you decide to take in "credit" as a reduction of three coffers should you want need for his services or goods in the future, it seems business resumes at usual... You can't help but mildly worried about this "danger orb" he's shown, and it's imminent threat it predicted... But it's not like you could prevent anything it might predict- Right..? If anything does end up happening, you suppose you will simply need to roll with the punches... As you start making your rounds.

Image

First comes the Magister, as you expect him taking care of the spy is a job that does not ought to take too long... The "extracting information" part, at least- As you take report...

"Ah, sire- As requested, I've extracted information from the captured spy... What I could, at least. It appears that the Umicilien ones are beginning to employ rather... Drastic measures. Seems they were not quite happy with the last time some of their men were caught- They've begun to... Erase the memories of any of their soldiers that go on covert missions like this. Well, not erase perhaps- The implication seems to be that they are stored, and returned upon completion... But that seems as much as a convenient little lie as it might be the true. Quite honestly, I am not sure if I admire their... Efficiency, or if this crosses a line even I am not quite comfortable with."

"In each instance- No spell of this kind is perfect, especially in a rather rushed instance like this one, so I did uncover some information. The general idea of Darilcoth seems to be... That he largely still considers this a "game", and that he's got you easily outmatched... Albeit not quite happy the challenges he's sent out so far have been met with more failure than success. Luckily, he seems to consider this more incompetence rather than us regaining strength more quickly than he anticipated, so perhaps we can use that to our advantage."

"It also appears that he's been sneaking out what information he could attain through the use of some Rhenovian traders. Given their size, I'd be more urged to say it's just a couple foul apples rather than them being in on it, off course- My impression of them so far has been that they're far too much a bunch of pansies to turn their back on us like that. I'd already had sent out an order to have the traders in question to be apprehended the moment I uncovered such a vital piece of info, of course- Alas, it appears that they'd scrammed the moment they found their little contact captured... At the very least, this should disrupt operations for a little while."

"I suppose that finishes our report... But, ah- I do have one little present for you sire." the man begins, offering an almost maniacal grin- Waving his hand forth as if gesturing someone to come closer, as you eventually become aware of the little girl that had been "hiding" a bit further- Seeming just a little bit intimidated by both, well, yourself, although the magister does not quite earn himself a compassionate position, either.

"Alright, girl- Go right on ahead." the magister spoke, giving another prod and a "Come on" when the girl just locks in place awkwardly... And soon seems to roll his eyes when the girl bursts out in tears.

"Ugh- Children. Regardless, lord Freyahl- While our little subject here seems to not be quite... In the mood at this time, I can quite assure you of one thing. This girl here is the daughter of the innkeeper of the New Dawn Inn- A little inn that oversees our marketplace." he says, already giving notion to 'something' he's implying:

"And she's been witnessed to show some signs of magic quite recently..."

>The Magister has interrogated the spy!
>The Magister has founda potential apprentice!


Image

The Artisan meanwhile, continues his work... With the influence of another two coffers, things are going smoothly- Very smoothly, in fact. You watch him lead the operations as they serve to create many opulent towers, the main structures that had been left to construct. You admire his handiwork in the general sense of the structure, the mighty building standing atop the hill overseeing the main countryside, and you note the people's approving nods and lofty spirits as they gaze upon it. It was quite an expensive ordeal in the end, but one you believe to have largely paid off... Sure, it's splendor will, in time, wear off- But part of it's prestige will remain, as you walk through the halls and move to settle on your throne- Only the last few touches of detail, and a thorough cleaning required... Some of your court members will likely be "moving in" soon- Having more than earned their quarters...

>The castle is finished!

Image

Next you turn to the student... Who's gloating over a couple of finished ballista's- Appearing repaired and in working order...

"What a job! Oughta figured it wouldn't be hard to scrap a couple of them and use the parts to cobble up the other ones, ye? Babies should be plenty for one of your units!"

>Ballistas have been unlocked.

Image

Image

The Marshall and Dragonknight meanwhile, spend their season scoping out a spot to put the future military academy, and make preparations for it's eventual placement... This proves to be a job not too difficult- As they find a spot not too far from the city that offers plenty of land- More than enough for the main structure, and to build additional ones, such as barracks, as needed... And the rest of the season is spent preparing for the future build. It is not an unknown fact that most of the soldiers are not considered a crafty bunch- But under good orders, even them can perform an assortment of menial tasks, as a large part of the land is flattened in preparation, and found to have strong foundations. Lines are already drawn out, and some simple sign posts set up for what would become the horse tracks... Which would in the end, make the job of the artisan- Or any party responsible for it's construction job, a whole lot easier.

That job done, though, it does appear that the Marshall has another matter to discuss with you- One that appears rather important...

"Ah, sire... It is concerning the matter of Morgue. As requested, we've set up simple patrols, watching the pass for any potential refugees... And it appears they may have very well arrived- In quite sizable numbers. I know your idea was to try and shelter all of them, although be fair, this would put a lot of strain on the infrastructure we already have- Keep in mind we are already exporting a lot to Minerva..."

"In each case, regardless your choice, we've already set up a brief report with some of the more talkative members... It appears that things have been becoming rather dire in Morgue, and now it appears that even their warlord has gone insane- He's been lashing out at his own people, hangings not uncommon- Shelling of the city has resumed since the spell's been weakening, mages unable to keep up. It seems the final straw has been that the warlord apparently ran away from the city with his elite guard- But most don't seem to quite know where..."

>The Marshall and Dragonknight laid foundations for the military school.
>There are Morgue refugees...


Image

The regent, meanwhile, spends this season conversing with many of the farmers, finding a couple select ones whose farms are already "ideal" for the new crops that have been acquired, or border land yet uncultivated that'd fit- And under his support, soon some "dedicated" farms are setup, beginning to sow the precious grain. It'll be a whole season before the first proper harvest, of course, but the effects are already well known...

He also lets know of the good news: the gold vein has been reached! For now, it's just being sold to the markets, the profits added to the coffers... But it could just as well be sent to the coffers, or potentially exported to an interested buyer- Both which would add even more to them...


>The Regent helped with construction of the sweethop farms...
>The gold vein was reached!


Image

The Spymaster spends this season resting on his laurels, and indulging himself in a variety of spices of life at his manor- By the end of the season, the somewhat stoic spymaster seeming to have returned to his usual, overly self-confident self...

>The Spymasters patience is now high.

Image

And finally, the Emissary returns from his own mission- Having spent the whole season travelling back from his envoy into dwarven lands, he returns with a cart filled with some dwarven beers- A sign that even if negotations might have been rather harsh, they at the very least left on amicable terms...

"Greetings sire! I've made contact with the dwarves as requested, and have found our conversations to have been... Mostly positive. They do drive a hard bargain, I'm afraid- But it's not like they do it out of malice, rather than that they ask what they believe their services are worth."

"Firstly, trade in general... We're a bit too distanced to really trade at this point of time... Which can be a blessing in disguise, since it might mean they'd be willing to trade some of their more national goods so we can cultivate them ourselves- We'd not be competing with them directly due to the distance, for the most part at least... Most notable resource they have are inkcaps- It's a type of fungi from which a sap can be extracted, dark enough to form ink for parchment... But they've mostly been using it to brew more beer. I think it's just a tad bit too bitter and strong for most common folk, though..."

"The second important resource they can offer is genuine dwarven steel- Something that is a closely kept secret by their kind, and supposedly rather hard to make. But they'd be willing to offer either the refined metal to reforge into equipment, or simply pre-made equipment for our troops- One coffer to equip one troop."

"As for the matter of hiring an artificer... A couple tradesmen have applied, masters of their craft supposedly- And I've managed to convince at least one of them to potentially work for us, under the promise of one coffer per season, and a proper house and accommodations. He also requested a proper forge to work in, but by my descriptions found the current installations we've got going seemed to be enough to earn their approval."

>The Emissary has visited the dwarven lands.


Image

"Hmm, hmm, hmm... Things have been going quite well lately, have they not? Seems to be, at least..."

"Well, in each case- If you do wish to make use of my services still sire, or have changed your mind on a trade- You'd ought to let me know quite soon... I've decided that we are gonna have to make our leave quite soon, after all. Although I do sincerely hope to see you back by the time your squire has finished her servitude under me..."

>The Mercenary will be leaving before the end of this season.

.[tabs: Buildings]
Key buildings:
The castle: Excellent shape
Docks: Decent shape
Housing: Good shape
Nobility housing: Decent shape
Town hall: Decent shape
Resting chamber: Excellent shape
Cemetery: Becoming too small...

Economy buildings
Market: Decent shape
Guilds: Decent shape
Glassworks: Decent shape (Missing own source - potash)

Resource buildings
Mines: decent shape (provides metal resources)
Mountain mines: decent shape (provides metal resources) - SURPLUS
Forestry: decent shape (provides wood resources)
Forges: Excellent shape (producing steel- Capable of wrought iron and cast iron)

Defensive buildings:
City moat: Decent shape
Walls: Good shape
Barracks: Good shape
Main gate: Good shape, with drawbridge.
Secondary gate: Decent shape, with drawbridge.

Luxury buildings
Inns: Good shape
Theater: Excellent shape
Temples: Excellent shape
Lobster pot addition: Decent shape (provides luxury food)
Mushroom grotto: Poor shape (provides a small amount of luxury food)
Sweethop farms: Poor shape (Provides a small amount of luxury food)

Developmental buildings
School: Excellent shape

Additional buildings:
Market statue: Good shape, embedded with a magic stone.
Magister's workshop: Good shape

Utility buildings
Raincatchers (source of water)
Farmland: Good shape (provides food)
Fisheries: Good shape (provides food)
Roof farms: Good shape (provides a small amount of food)

[tabs: The people]
The people are happy.

Negative factors:
They lack many "luxuries"

Positive factors:
The townhouse was restored!
We got sweethops!
The castle was restored!

Primary needs:
Housing: above sufficient
Water: sufficient
Food: sufficient

Secondary needs:
Entertainment: sufficient
protection: sufficient
Structure: sufficient
Food quality: insufficient
Tools: sufficient
religion: sufficient

Desires:

Capabilities
Education: mediocre
Craftiness: mediocre
Magic: low
Combat: above mediocre
Health: mediocre
Charisma: mediocre

[tabs: The nobility]
The nobility are happy.

General
All families are not pleased with the appointment of the Libera family as nobility.
The nobility are happy with the theater.
effort has gone into contenting the nobles.
The castle was reconstructed!

Dunwall family
+Happy from the positive praise.
+The regent has been fairly elected
-The Libera became nobility

Gilden family
DISOWNED

Relia family
+The regent has been fairly elected
+The temple has been restored!
-The Libera became nobility

Etrange family
++A member of our family became Emissary.
+The Libera have been disowned!

Libera family
++Very pleased with their appointment as nobility

[tabs: Foreign relations]
Duchy of Morgue (Northwest)
Have no hostile intentions, seem willing to have arrangements for the right price.

Could establish trade if the pass was secured.

Issue with Gravenrogh?

Kingdom Gravenrogh (West, past mountains)
Very much willing to be friends
Have started sending trade ships

Servicius
Possible alliance with Umilicien?
Do not seem to have any immediate hostile intent.
Are not interested in any form of arrangement.

No known military data - Suspected to be larger than own.

Rhenovia
Strong allies.

Umcilien
Hostile!
Known information:
- Do not intend to wipe us out - Yet.
- Powerful army- Estimated to outnumber us 6 to 1.
- Powerful court mage, multiple lesser mages.
- Darilcoth has learned relatively strong magic.

-May attempt to sabotage or steal technology.
[tabs: War]

Current conflicts:
None

Training
All troops have received basic to advanced training.
All troops have received basic archery training.
All troops have minor combat expertise.
The castle has increased morale!

Land lore is known.

Special troops
1 mage with healing specialization.


The army currently garrisons:

1 regular troops.
3 elite troops.
1 unit of spies - Located within Servicius territory.

Equipment:
Hardened equipment for: 6 troops.
Regular equipment for: 3 troops
Ballista siege weapons for: 1 troop
Others: poor quality

Morale:
Extremely high
[tabs: Trade]
Trade has resumed

Current average income from trade: 2.5

Surplus sales
The following resources are created in surplus by the kingdom, and are sold for a raw profit:
Iron from mountain mines: 0.25
Gold from mountain mines: 0.5

Duchy of Morgue (Northwest)
No contact.

Kingdom Gravenrogh (West, past mountains)
Contact made: occasional trade ships add +0.5 major purchases each month usually
Resource connected: Glass (minor reduced efficiency) +0.75 major purchases each month usually
Ongoing war: -0.5 major purchases each month

Servicius
Hold potential trade goods.
Cancelled trade!

Rhenovia
Holds potential trade goods
Has good interest in trading: Provides +1.0 major purchases each month usually.

Marital contacts
Docks are in decent state.

-Gravenrogh
[tabs: Court]
The Marshall
Patience: High
The Marshall is neutral towards the Magister.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Regent.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Marshall is friendly towards the squire.
The Marshall is friendly towards the spymaster.

The Magister
Patience: Very high
The Magister is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Magister detests the Dragonknight.
The Magister is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Magister is neutral towards the Regent.
The Magister hates the Mercenary.
The Magister dislikes the Emissary.
The Magister dislikes the squire.
The Magister is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Dragonknight
Patience: Elevated
The Dragonknight dislikes the Marshall.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Magister.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Regent.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Dragonknight is friendly towards the Squire.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Artisan
Patience: Very high
The Artisan is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Artisan detests the Magister.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Regent.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Squire.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Regent
Patience: High
The Regent is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Regent is friendly towards the Magister.
The Regent is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Regent is friendly towards the Artisan.
The Regent is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Squire.
The Regent dislikes the Spymaster.

The Emissary
Patience: High
The Emissary is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Magister.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Emissary has not met the Mercenary.
The Emissary dislikes the Regent.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Squire.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The squire
Patience: High
The Squire is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Squire is neutral towards the Magister.
The Squire is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Squire is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Squire is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Squire is friendly towards the Regent.
The Squire is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Squire is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Spymaster
Patience: High
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Magister.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Spymaster dislikes the Regent.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Squire.

[tabs: Items]
Special items:
One bottle of "plague" poison
Three healing potions
12 barrels of black powder
"magic" ore: 200kg worth.

Lure snake "petals"
Lure snake acid
Lure snake scales
Lure snake egg

Pair of communion orbs: Capable of speech, one-way sight.

[tabs: Magic]
Known magic:
Fire breath
Ice breath
Torrent
Earthshatter
Earth block
Earth control
Wind surge
[tabs:Events]
315 Summer: Squire's contract ends.
???: Gem mine reached (Not being actively dug towards...)[/tabs]



>You have three "credits" with the Mercenary.
>The market has produced 3 major purchases.
>You obtained 1 major purchase from the docked Gravenrogh ships.
>The forge produced mining equipment.
>You have 11 major purchases available.
>The court awaits your orders.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11417
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:36 am

Magister: "Be gentle with the child. Humans are very delicate things."

Artisan: "I would like you to begin preparing a source of potash for the glassworks."

Student: --

Marshal: "Offer security to those refugees capable of using magic, as well as their families, so long as we can support them, and prepare guards to ensure the refuges not capable of using magic, or those mages that exceed our capacity, are safe from brigands on their way to Rhenovia."

DragonKnight: --

Regent: "Do you believe the forges can be used to prepare luxuries with the gold to enhance its value?"

Spymaster: "You have had good time to rest. Now, this... Band of Rats or whatever, they concern me. I want you to gather as much information on them as possible."

Emmisary: --

Mercenary: --


Maybe we should pay a visit to these dwarves at some point. Alcohol has to be rather strong to suit a dragon...
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 am

Magister: I would hope that our magic stone produces more than just one child, though to properly train them, we would need a proper magic school. Also, I would like the common people to think of it as a great honor to be chosen to come into my service for magic training. Give the innkeeper a good amount of gold (partial coffers?) and make sure that everyone else knows that giving their children up will be greatly rewarded. As to her training, I'll let you figure out that, but if you think it wise to build a school, should we find ourselves with a sudden influx of magic users, let me know.

Artisan: Over the last season, I've had the Marshal and dragonknight prepare a location for a military Academy. I think in order to properly prepare ourselves for the eventuality of war, it is best to begin building a place where the Marshal can properly our soldiers. Please begin building at once, or if you trust him, perhaps your apprentice can direct the construction. But perhaps it would be best if both of you worked on it until he gained a better understanding of buildings.
^Student:

Marshal: Wonderful job on preparing the grounds for the military academy, I hope the artisan will be able to begin construction soon. I would like you to work with the artisan in overseeing the construction of the academy so that everything you desire to be built is done so.

Regent: Thank you for your work on the sweethops, now I have more pressing matters. Because of the influx of refugees from the west, our food production is beginning to feel its weight. Do what you can to encourage either more farmers to begin planting crops or existing farmers to expand their operations. To any man or family wishing to move from the city to become a farmer, I will provide a small amount of gold (Partial Coffers again) to them, enough to help them begin their new life as a farmer (this could include those who wish to become herdsman).
^(Basically, trying to use gold to create a rush of new farming operations)

Spymaster:

Emmisary & DragonKnight: It seems we have a refugee crisis on our border, which is what I was hoping for, but I still think that matters need to be attended to carefully, lest they get out of control. I am also sending the marshall to help. I want the three of you to create some semblance of order to the chaos on the border. Meet with the leaders of the people and let them know the hard truth. Their escape means that morgue will most likely soon be falling to their enemies to the north. A nation that we are currently at peace with, thus they are safe in our lands. However, that safety comes at a price, the price of fealty. If they swear fealty, they are welcome as citizens in our country and will be integrated into our lands by being spread out among the many towns in the lands. Let them know that this is for their safety, should Gravenrogh attempt to root out all remaining morgue citizens, there will be safety, spread out across the kingdom.

Emissary, I am sending you to make sure that this entire (citizenship test) process goes smoothly. Dragonknight, you are to go along to make sure that things go smoothly.
Please create a temporary refugee camp near the border until such a time as those refugees can decide if they wish to join us or not. Also be on the lookout among the refugees for any of special talents, be they builders, farmers or magicians. These must still make an oath of fealty, but once they have done so shall be brought to the capital to begin working in such capacity as they are skilled. For the others who wish to become citizens, spread them out among the small towns across the lands, ensuring that they have a home and small plot of land in which to make a living from. My intention is to integrate any of these people into our lands instead of allowing them to be isolated and alone.

Agreed that if we continue allowing refugees into our land our food production may become weary from their support, however I think that the benefits of additional people will grant this country a great boon and allow us to grow much faster as well as produce more soldiers.

Mercenary: Go in peace and I look forward to the return of the Apprentice.

Have the mines begin producing military equipment.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:26 am

^Changing a few details.
Marshal: If what you say is true, then the country of morgue is soon to become no country at all. At this point, I think that we can all admit that the fall of Morgue is inevitable, especially if it to be believed that the warlord fled from the city, leaving it to Gravenrogh to take over the country. Call me greedy if you will, and though I don't seek to strain relations between ourselves and our potential alliance with Gravenrogh, I think it would be beneficial to claim some of Morgue as our own.
Take 2 units of soldiers as well as the dragonknight into Morgue and begin claiming large swathes of land as our own, the country is in its deaththros, and we might be able to find a way to make it benefits us.

Emissary: Along with setting up a refugee camp and caring for the people, go with the Marshall and dragonknight and see if the capital of Morgue would be willing to surrender their country to me. With their leader having fled the country, they will soon find themselves captured or worse murdered. I am willing to act as a go-between to make sure Gravenrogh gets what they want, but if we are able to Claim Morgue as a duchy of our own, perhaps that would end the war without a great number of the morgue people ending up dead. Make the point that this would be in their best interests...or they can wait until Gravenrogh captures them. Also let them know that under my ownership they would be granted the kind of protection that only a dragon can afford and provide. Also let them know that I will grant them a great deal of independence, with the exception of international decisions, which I will take care of.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:34 am

I made a new map, hope you don't mind.
► Show Spoiler
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:59 am

Nice map though my memory is telling me something isn't quite right...But as old image is unavailable I cant quite tell what.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:05 pm

It's mostly ok, with some adjustments being that Gravenrogh doesn't border Servicius (blocked by the mountains), and that Servicius takes up much more of the room near the bottom in comparison to Rhenovia.

You can still check the image if you want to, btw- You just need to right click it and go to it's source to be able to see it. Kind of annoying, but it works- I might reupload that map if you guys think it's useful.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:13 pm

I can adjust it, the nice thing about my map is that it defines Dragon or Human led cities based on the little icon inside the city.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Artisan:" You have done well with the castle, I am please...*LICK*- (Bringing it back). I believe you deserve a rest...As such if you can simply oversee and advise the apprentice in his next assignment as a test of sorts i'd be interested to see what he has learnt from you. I'd like to task him with building the Barrack with the Marshall being his main information on needs. I like to see what he comes up with. What do you think? If you do wish to keep busy some plans for a brewery could be useful."

Apprentice: "I see you have talent with building weapons...good lets see if you can do the big stuff. Your first big task is to lead the construction of the barracks, The artisan and Marshall will be there to advise but i wish for you to show your mettle. "

Marshall: "Good work with the set up for the barracks. I'd like you to brief the apprentice artisan on the details of what we need and visit the site when you can to advise. However with this refugees from Morgue arriving I fear we may have spies or black power try to enter our city once again. I'd like a similar set up to what we had with the Servican traders set up to check the comings and goings of those we let in. "

Regent/DragonKnight :" I am concern about the large influx of refugees, I expected some but not this many. Keep them outside the wall for now. Recruit those that have useful professions like farming, soldiering and healing and if the rarer case of a magic user come up i'd like to see them. "

Spymaster: "Well I hope you are well rested and hopefully reacquainted with my fair city lets find us some underbelly of problems. We previously discussed the matter of this Mortimer and the rat king, I feel that the matter may actually be a little cold to follow up on now but keep your ear out for any potential resurgences of this. According to the Mercenary and his little warning artifact something big will be coming some and quite frankly that is too vague to do anything with. We may come under attack from Umcilien but I hope the barracks and more men can be found before then, but knowledge of there next venture would be useful, I could send you there but I feel that risk may be too high... I think for now I would like to know more about what is going on in Morgue, with all these refuges coming in, rumors of a mad warlord, and the current state of affairs in the area would be informative. Unless of course Umcilein sounds more your thing. Actually i could also lend you this speaking sphere so you can relay messages faster to me and I can update your orders."

Emissary: "I hope your travels were pleasant and the Dwarven kingdom not too confining, I here the majority of it is underground correct. Which If true our mushroom groves could be the perfect place to expand into these inkcap fungus. As for the Dwarven steel, I am quite interested but fear getting the materials here like you said would be quite risky with the proximity to our foes. Did you find out their relation to them? Did they already have deals with Umcilien or Servicus? "

"So was an actual deal made and will an artificer soon be arriving or will I need to send you out once again for two seasons to pick them up, If an additional forge is needed i may try having the apprentice build a private one for the Artificer to arrive?"


Magister: "hmm.. Well it looks like some magic is beginning to show itself in my city good to know. Would you be willing to test her capacities and see if it can be grown and harnessed, If she has talent would you be willing to teach if she is able, or is she to timid a mouse that she'll not amount to much more than an inn wench"
--trying to invoke the girl to be brave a show her ability here--

"hmm.. well if you can teach her some that may prove useful. Lets try a season of training if you will and see where that leads. Perhaps you can trained her and myself together one day, on something simple i have not tried but is appropriate for both of us."

"In other matters The Mercenaries mentioned something big and bad coming with his little artifact. I don't suppose you have some divination magics to help narrow that down do you?"

Mercenary: "Wish the squire well for me and maybe net time we will deal"

Squire : Unavailable
Minerva: No update for now.
----------------

Additional - Change forges to create luxuries.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:59 pm

"Be gentle with the child. Humans are very delicate things."
I would hope that our magic stone produces more than just one child, though to properly train them, we would need a proper magic school. Also, I would like the common people to think of it as a great honor to be chosen to come into my service for magic training. Give the innkeeper a good amount of gold (partial coffers?) and make sure that everyone else knows that giving their children up will be greatly rewarded. As to her training, I'll let you figure out that, but if you think it wise to build a school, should we find ourselves with a sudden influx of magic users, let me know.
"hmm.. Well it looks like some magic is beginning to show itself in my city good to know. Would you be willing to test her capacities and see if it can be grown and harnessed, If she has talent would you be willing to teach if she is able, or is she to timid a mouse that she'll not amount to much more than an inn wench"
--trying to invoke the girl to be brave a show her ability here--

"hmm.. well if you can teach her some that may prove useful. Lets try a season of training if you will and see where that leads. Perhaps you can trained her and myself together one day, on something simple i have not tried but is appropriate for both of us."

"In other matters The Mercenaries mentioned something big and bad coming with his little artifact. I don't suppose you have some divination magics to help narrow that down do you?"
Image

"You speak as if I am not very much aware of how 'fragile' meatbags can be... You needn't worry. I can be careful as needed."

"As for her capabilities... She's a tad bit young to be put to proper use- 14, 15 I believe... But it also brings the advantage that she'll have plenty of time to study. Speaking of which, I don't believe you need to bother much about a "mage school" or the likes... Not enough mages are born to warrant the effort, usually. Nor are there enough teachers to make it worth it. There used to be the old academy which partially filled this role, but that burned down centuries ago..."

"No, we'll stick with just ordinary private tutoring for now- I suppose I have enough free time to take on an apprentice regardless of my usual duties... Although if your desire is for me to spend an season trying to explicitly gauge her current capabilities and tutor her, that is certainly possible..." the Magister admits, although not seeming too enthused having to spend too long in the presence of a "child"... Said child not having taken the provocation as you tried to taunt her into "showing off"... And the Magister deems fit to explain in her stead:

"While she's far from picked a specialization, it seems our girl here has an initial penchant for shadow magic... Her initial magical talents having shown as her using her shadow to move around things- It is a rare talent to start with, so likely one I'd pursue further, although teaching her the basic elements should likely be first."

"As for finding out what this supposed "big thing" happening is going to be... I can't quite say without any further ideas. I suppose I could try some divination magic against the most common threats, such as an army trying to approach, but I'm unlikely to have much success without some... Direction. Is there not something you believe might lead to trouble..?"

>The Magister may spend a season tutoring the apprentice.
>The Magister may attempt to find out the source of the "danger".

Over the last season, I've had the Marshal and dragonknight prepare a location for a military Academy. I think in order to properly prepare ourselves for the eventuality of war, it is best to begin building a place where the Marshal can properly our soldiers. Please begin building at once, or if you trust him, perhaps your apprentice can direct the construction. But perhaps it would be best if both of you worked on it until he gained a better understanding of buildings.
building the Barrack with the Marshall being his main information on needs. I like to see what he comes up with.
Image
Image

"Very well, sire- We'll get to work straight away."

>The Artisan and his student will begin work on the military academy.
I'd like a similar set up to what we had with the Servican traders set up to check the comings and goings of those we let in. "
"Offer security to those refugees capable of using magic, as well as their families, so long as we can support them, and prepare guards to ensure the refuges not capable of using magic, or those mages that exceed our capacity, are safe from brigands on their way to Rhenovia."
Image
Image

"I doubt these people will be especially intent on trying to smuggle in dangerous goods... But some military caution would be well advised regardless- If only because part of them might turn to riots if we intend to... Cherry pick between them."

>The Marshall and Dragonknight will oversee the refugees...
"Do you believe the forges can be used to prepare luxuries with the gold to enhance its value?"
" I am concern about the large influx of refugees, I expected some but not this many. Keep them outside the wall for now. Recruit those that have useful professions like farming, soldiering and healing and if the rarer case of a magic user come up i'd like to see them. "
Thank you for your work on the sweethops, now I have more pressing matters. Because of the influx of refugees from the west, our food production is beginning to feel its weight. Do what you can to encourage either more farmers to begin planting crops or existing farmers to expand their operations. To any man or family wishing to move from the city to become a farmer, I will provide a small amount of gold (Partial Coffers again) to them, enough to help them begin their new life as a farmer (this could include those who wish to become herdsman).
^(Basically, trying to use gold to create a rush of new farming operations)
Image

"If our forges were of the standard make, they'd likely be running a bit too hot to effectively make jewelry... Luckily, our artisan is no ordinary man- His forge design allows for a lot of control, so we could switch from selling the surplus gold to refining it directly- It would likely indeed earn us more."

"As for the refugees... It is indeed an issue- We do not quite have the infrastructure to catch all of them, and there'd likely be issues to try and select only those we find valuable... But we can certainly try. I suppose the immigration process will consist out of trying to take those we find valuable... Which by your words will be anyone possessing farming skills, mages, people with extraordinary skills, and their families..?"

"Hmm... I'll try my best, my lord. That leaves the matter of what our intention will be with anyone that doesn't match our criteria..? They are unlikely to want to rest out in the open- What with winter coming..."

>The Regent will attempt to regulate refugee intake.
>A decision must be made concerning the refugees...

"Well I hope you are well rested and hopefully reacquainted with my fair city lets find us some underbelly of problems. We previously discussed the matter of this Mortimer and the rat king, I feel that the matter may actually be a little cold to follow up on now but keep your ear out for any potential resurgences of this. According to the Mercenary and his little warning artifact something big will be coming some and quite frankly that is too vague to do anything with. We may come under attack from Umcilien but I hope the barracks and more men can be found before then, but knowledge of there next venture would be useful, I could send you there but I feel that risk may be too high... I think for now I would like to know more about what is going on in Morgue, with all these refuges coming in, rumors of a mad warlord, and the current state of affairs in the area would be informative. Unless of course Umcilein sounds more your thing. Actually i could also lend you this speaking sphere so you can relay messages faster to me and I can update your orders."
Image

"Hmm... It does sound like things will be mostly abandoned, with current affairs. Very well- I shall give their lands a minor... Inspection, and see what I can uncover."

>The Spymaster will investigate Morgue.

I am sending you to make sure that this entire (citizenship test) process goes smoothly. Dragonknight, you are to go along to make sure that things go smoothly.
Please create a temporary refugee camp near the border until such a time as those refugees can decide if they wish to join us or not. Also be on the lookout among the refugees for any of special talents, be they builders, farmers or magicians. These must still make an oath of fealty, but once they have done so shall be brought to the capital to begin working in such capacity as they are skilled. For the others who wish to become citizens, spread them out among the small towns across the lands, ensuring that they have a home and small plot of land in which to make a living from. My intention is to integrate any of these people into our lands instead of allowing them to be isolated and alone.
Along with setting up a refugee camp and caring for the people, go with the Marshall and dragonknight and see if the capital of Morgue would be willing to surrender their country to me. With their leader having fled the country, they will soon find themselves captured or worse murdered. I am willing to act as a go-between to make sure Gravenrogh gets what they want, but if we are able to Claim Morgue as a duchy of our own, perhaps that would end the war without a great number of the morgue people ending up dead. Make the point that this would be in their best interests...or they can wait until Gravenrogh captures them. Also let them know that under my ownership they would be granted the kind of protection that only a dragon can afford and provide. Also let them know that I will grant them a great deal of independence, with the exception of international decisions, which I will take care of.
"I hope your travels were pleasant and the Dwarven kingdom not too confining, I here the majority of it is underground correct. Which If true our mushroom groves could be the perfect place to expand into these inkcap fungus. As for the Dwarven steel, I am quite interested but fear getting the materials here like you said would be quite risky with the proximity to our foes. Did you find out their relation to them? Did they already have deals with Umcilien or Servicus? "

"So was an actual deal made and will an artificer soon be arriving or will I need to send you out once again for two seasons to pick them up, If an additional forge is needed i may try having the apprentice build a private one for the Artificer to arrive?"
Image

"Oh my, things are rather busy... Allow me to begin on the most important matters I suppose, sire- Regarding Morgue and the refugee influx... Given a coffer of gold, we could likely set up some simple camps for those who can not enter the city with the plans you've already made with the Regent- It's likely the most... Humane option to perform, even if it may very well bring it's own troubles. And one coffer of gold is rather optimistic and barebones, given the number of people I've heard are there..."

"As for trying to claim some of their land for our own... While I cannot stop you if you think this might be a worthwhile effort sire, and their city does stand on what many would consider magical grounds... I would very much like you to consider if it will be worth war with Gravenrogh, sire. Admittedly, I'm not sure if things would go that far, but I'd not be surprised- One to take back the land we'd try to claim, at least... At the very least, we'd be able to expect having our trade with them cut off, or severely diminished. Tiamat had let known she'd be willing to co-operate, and what you're hoping for is likely what the outcome of that effort would have been... But to rush in now while she's effectively already won the war- It is a smart maneuver... If we have no intentions of friendly relations with their empire. I could try and approach diplomatically the possibility of claiming some of the land for our own, but I believe it will likely be rejected for the reasons I just outlined."

"As for the dwarven kingdom- I've not really... Spied on their relations, but my impression was that they do not like Umicilien, and Servicius is just a trade partner... But the trip was pleasant, yes! Our mushroom grotto could probably serve to take the inkcaps, too, given some expansion..."

"As for the deal with the artificer- Nothing has been set in stone yet, as I wanted to have your approval first, sire... With that said, I won't need to return to accept this proposal- The deal has already been laid out and approved... I can simply have a messenger sent out to affirm we've accepted, upon which time they'll have him escorted here."

>Gold coffer(s) can be spent to set up a temporary camp...
>The Emissary can try to reconcile with Tiamat for some of the Morgue land
>The Emissary can send a messenger to take on the services of a dwarven artificer (free action).

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Patdragon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Magister- As the divining may be too vague with a world worth of worries go ahead and focus on the girl. You say shadow magic is rare-ish, Would I be able to learn it?

Emissary: Go ahead and send for the Artificer and tell them to bring some ink caps with them, I'll try and have the artisan and his apprentice expand the caves and build a brewery next season.

I'm tempted to send to send you to Rhenovia to see if they will except some refugees as well, But I guess sidling up to Tiamat now is better than open dragon warfare from two sides, Perhaps now we have the castle rebuilt we could invite her over..."

Refugees: Willing to spend a coin to set up a temporary camp, Families of the useful ones can enter. Perhaps Minerva would be interested in some more "Pets", put some of ships to Rhenovia.

-----------
Other non acceptable ideas but throwing them out there.
1. Eat them.
2. Let Tiamat visit and let her deal with them.
3. Send them to the mines/caverns and those that survive can join the city.
4. Force all of them to go to Servicius and let them deal with them.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11417
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Magister: Start with the Necropolis. Morgue's warlord has disappeared, and I am concerned that he has gone to deny its power to the invaders. Such an act could bring great destruction.

Emissary: A coffer for those refugees shoe cannot reach other lands is acceptable for humanitarian purposes.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8188
Location: Ohio

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 am

Magister: While tutoring the child is critical, the safety of this kingdom is moreso, please try to determine the danger.
Emissary: Take a coffer and setup a temporary camp for the refugees. Once the camp is created, tell them my offer, skilled laborers and those with magic inclinations are welcome to move into our city and take up jobs and tasks in the areas in which they are skilled. The families of those who are skilled are also welcome. To the rest of you, stay here for the winter and I ask their leaders what they would have us do for them. If they want, they can settle within our kingdom, create small self-sufficient communites.

While that is happening, Please open take this talking orb to Tiamet, I would like to talk with her personally about the situation at hand.

The rest of the tasks above are fine for me.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

Post Reply