Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Ruined Kingdom: All is rubble

Post by Alavar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 pm

More useless info would be letting Umicilliens know that somebody tries to rebuild kingdom, but NOT that dragon is awake (just some nobles who seized opportunity to become "kingling").
If they know I am awake, they would strike back as fast as they can. That's what I would do :halofall:
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Do not reveal a dragon is here unless people know about it already.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 pm

I agree with allowing the spies to somehow work as double agents, used to feed false information to the enemy. But I feel as though it may be too soon to give away that I am awake again.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Magister wrote:"As for you my lord... They seemed very much aware you were still alive. They were only doubtful about the fact whether or not there were any attempts to free you, and more importantly whether or not those were successful. I believe we are shortly approaching the point where it will become obvious to everyone what the answer to that is."
I just figured if it's going to be common knowledge soon, it's perfect for feeding to our enemy since they'll find out about it anyway, but if they learn it slightly earlier from their spy they're more likely to trust that he's not a double-agent.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:58 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
Magister wrote:"As for you my lord... They seemed very much aware you were still alive. They were only doubtful about the fact whether or not there were any attempts to free you, and more importantly whether or not those were successful. I believe we are shortly approaching the point where it will become obvious to everyone what the answer to that is."
I just figured if it's going to be common knowledge soon, it's perfect for feeding to our enemy since they'll find out about it anyway, but if they learn it slightly earlier from their spy they're more likely to trust that he's not a double-agent.
That is a very good point that i did not think of. I second feeding "controlled information" to the enemy so as to create a double agent.

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 pm

I want to play, but thinkslogically is constanly being all the smart... hence ill just lurk and ocasionaly say aye!
I hazz egg :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Hey, don't feel bad chiming in regardless. I'm not going by what "I" would think smartest, I try to go for what the majority seems to favor and try to include as much of it as I can in "one action". So if anything your still helping decide what the used actions will be. ;)

Anyways, I'll try to update later today.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Shit, sorry lozlo, didntwant to make u feel excluded! But its only m0rt who can say what will work or not, for all I know I'm sending this kingdom down the toilet so please do make your own suggestions...

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:09 pm

But fact that kingdom is being rebuild and 'we' are here means that we were at least awaken, and logical conclusion is that we will be freed soon...
So it is new information, and quite important one.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 am

Ow don't feel bad! Its not really feeling excluded more like, well thinks has already said something better then i coud come up whit so never mind :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 am

Dragonknight, bring our new troops with you and see what this mysterious ship claims to want. After that, continue training the remaining bandits.
Dragonknight: This seems like a useful test of our new troops. Take our new soldiers and investigate this ship for me. I wish to meet the captain of any vessel that would seek to land on our shores unannounced.
"The remaining group... Release them, but first allocate them to the task of freeing me. Someone have to do it eventually, and we cannot spare common folk as it is. Afterwards, you can try to train them once more if you want."

The dragonknight nods. "Very well my lord. I will make sure that, whether the ship be friend or enemy, that they are taken care of. I will send their captain here if they will comply. And I will make sure they won't ever come back if they seek to steal from us."

"As for the other bandits, I will tell them they will have to earn their freedom by task of freeing you. I will see you soon my lord." She says, bowing briefly before leaving.

>The Dragonknight will release the remaining bandits to earn their freedom.
>The Dragonknight will investigate the mysterious ship.

Magister, implant false memories within our Umicillian spies and then have them return to their homeland as sleeper agents. You can read their minds from great distances and reactivate them, if given time and needed materials I assume?
That is worrying news, but we will deal with it in time. Perhaps they simply need time to be persuaded. In the meantime, having a sleeper agent in Umicellia is an excellent idea. Can you make that happen? I think it is also time we considered building wealth for the kingdom - can you begin to convert base metals into gold?"
I would simply send them back with small bits of truthful, but not critical information about us so as not to arouse suspicion. Let the Umicilliens know I am awake and that efforts are being made to rebuild the kingdom. Otherwise, have them watch and wait. If they are sent back to spy on us again we can collect their information without fear of being traced, otherwise we can attempt to 'read' them at a distance.

The Magister grunts a little, though more of the fact that it seems he'll have to work, rather than being annoyed of the demand.
"Very well. I will make sure that the spies are brought safely into the enemy borders. I don't necessarily agree with giving them the information you ask from me... Then again, they probably know already. And it will help void away suspicion."

"Regardless, once they are in enemy borders, we will have no contact by them- Unless you wish for me to take contact with them, or make direct physical contact. I will install certain codewords in them, which should make extraction of information useful. In fact," The Magister says with a slight chuckle, "They'll be fully convinced that they're on their side, whilst working for us all the time."

"I suppose I can begin work on transmutation afterwards if I find the time..." He says, though his voice becoming more annoyed towards the end of his sentence- "But may I remind you that the feats of sorcery I perform are not just every day tricks? I assure you that the process required is lengthy enough on it's own. And even if I were to find the time to do as you ask of me... My laboratory is only in ample state after the attacks. May I suggest that if I am successful, we would spend the gold on renovating it? For future work, of course."

>The Magister will turn the converted spies into double agents inside the Umicilien kingdom.
Send word to the nobility that I favour any house which can prove their worth to me in this time of rebuilding! Have them re-establish any trade routes that they can and replant their fields. Use them to boost trade and create jobs for the common folk and craftsmen. Those who do this well and willingly will win my goodwill and will be well rewarded. Houses that work together to achieve greater things will share in a greater reward - see that they understand that I have no patience for petty squabbles. As for you, it is imperative that our people do not starve this winter. See to it that the farms are properly irrigated and make whatever improvements you can to ensure a satisfactory harvest this year.

The Artisan shifts nervously on his feet, seemingly trying to find a way to speak the words he wants to say without seeming offending- Or risk getting eaten for disobedience.

"My lord... I... I am merely an artisan. I have been carrying the burden of bringing these messages because, well... I realize you are slightly understaffed my Lord. Missing people you could trust. But this is... Not something I'm fit for. Nono sir, I'm... Not really that good wit- With words. What you ask from me, it is something that should be the regents responsibility."

"That being said, a regent should come from one of the noble families... And I suppose one of us has to do it, so I will do as you ask my lord and... And- And speak to the old nobility your message. I will try to report everything they have to say for themselves."

"As for the improvements on the farms- Yes my lord, I will depart with haste. It is quite late in season, and I fear we won't see much if any of it's effect this year- But it will ensure a bountiful harvest next season."

>The Artisan will speak to the nobles.
>The Artisan will begin improvements on the farm.

>All have been given orders.

>Time passes...

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:15 am

Artisan, you speak truth We need a spokesperson. It seems like a great reward for a noble man who proves his worth by helping inspire the rabble and rebuilding the kindom.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:18 am

"I agree. We will appoint a regent from the most deserving nobles."

Spend the rest of the season watching the bandits and supervising their progress on clearing the tunnels. Smoosh them if they look like they're deliberately attempting to either waste time or collapse the tunnel.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:35 am

The Artisan has served us very well, perhaps we should reward him so that he no longer fears us as much.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am

Probably shouldn't lick him again then huh? :D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 am

thinkslogically wrote:Probably shouldn't lick him again then huh? :D
No we must lick him many times!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:54 am

Can we even give new orders, i thought we were waiting for the next update....time is currently passing, the dragon is simply squabbling with the voices in its head. Poor mentally unstable dragon.

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Poor me, hearing voices all the time :P I shouldn't kill those bandits if they waste time. intimidate - yep maybe invite slackers for a friendly game of riddles?

PSychotic
Of Few Words

Post by PSychotic » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
thinkslogically wrote:Probably shouldn't lick him again then huh? :D
No we must lick him many times!
The burning lich speaks soundly, only instead of many times, just once.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:49 pm

So you've given up on the desire to eat him and would just like to lick him as the lich suggests....you give up too easily.

PSychotic
Of Few Words

Post by PSychotic » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Whoa there buddy! You've got your information mixed up. I think we should eat the Magister and I still do. However, I realize that no one else is likely to agree with me on that, so I'll wait until he betrays us. I've never said that we should eat the Artisan. He's awesome! Look at the stuff he's done! And he rightfully feared us in the beginning! Unlike the stinkin' Magister and Dragonknight.

Oh, also I just realized that it's about 99% likely that the Magister will not tell us all of the keywords for the sleeper agents. He'll probably keep a few to make sure that control over these spies is truly his, even if he does nothing with it. Food for thought people! And speaking of food, do you guys know what would be delicious? Magister! We should have some.

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:31 pm

he'll probably betray us eventualy, but for now i think we need him. Hence saving the eating for later

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:35 pm

>It is the 306th year after slumber.

>It is Autumn.

The season starts with high anticipation for you- The Dragonknight bringing the bandits to your lair to begin with the process of tunneling a way out big enough for you to fit through. The fact they are almost literally "digging their way to freedom" serves as proper motivation. That, and the fact a dragon watches over them is more then enough motivation to at least not run away. You watch them slowly chip their way up, to their- And your freedom. Sadly, you were fully unaware of a small fact- Their strikes were without thought, no plan. No realization how unstable the rock right above them was.

And so, a few days within the mining, you suddenly jump to the back of your resting place as the tunnel collapses- None of the bandits being fast enough to escape either up or downwards, as part of the wall crashes down along with most of the passageway that had been carved out. You almost knock over one of the remaining pillars out of rage realizing it not only means you will be stuck for even longer, but that it's possible it would take several weeks to even dig a tunnel for them to speak to you again. Luckily you restrain yourself before the event actually happens. It only now seems to become obvious how unstable the entirety of the structure became during the attack. Being too violent, it could bring down the entire ceiling on your head. So you lay down your head, awaiting someone to break through sooner or later. You expected it would take several weeks- When suddenly, only a mere 5 days later, an opening is suddenly created by a blast of what sounds very much like magic- As the dust begins to settle you fully expect to face a truly annoyed Magister- And are instead met by a man dressed mostly in red.

"Hahaha! Truly, it is a good thing I happened to arrive just at this time, is it not?" The man speaks enthusiastically, tipping of his hat and making a brief bow before you.
"Without me being here, I guess it would have taken weeks for you to be reached again! Consider it a gift from me, shall we?"

"Regardless, if you would allow me to introduce myself- You may call me Red if you so wish, Freyahl." he speaks as you glare at him for a moment as he speaks your true name- Not that it's a well kept secret, but you are more used to being called "king", or "Liege", or "lord".

"And I suppose, the best name for my particular profession would be that of "mercenary". But I assure you that me and my men can prove far more capable then just that your majesty. In fact, the very reason we are here is because I believe that we could work together for each others best interest. So let me state my offer, shall we!"

"Your kingdom is, obviously, not in the best shape as of the moment. And I think we can both agree about one thing- Money makes the world go round, and you could truly use some of it, no? Well, we could provide it- Up to three chests, filled to the brim with gold. You just have to give me the signal."

"Of course-" The mercenary says, chuckling briefly. "It is not for free- It is merely a loan. Within two years I would expect to see it back in double. Still- I think that it's worth the cost, no?"

"Regardless of whether or not you accept my proposal however- Know that our services will always stand at the ready, if you can pay the price. And I believe you will find that I can be very resourceful. For example- Wouldn't you wish to get out of here for real? I also have someone that seeks to move on from being in my crew- I'm sure that for a small fee, he'd be more then pleased to serve you Majesty. He used to be a general- I'm sure you could use someone with his skill. "

"I will leave you to think about it Freyahl. I anticipate your answer."

"Oh! Before I leave, a final show of goodwill- You will be pleased to hear Rhenovia withdrew all attempts to take your land when they received news of your awakening by their spies you had released. You will however be less pleased to hear that they had already taken a large chunk of land. And, at your current army's state... Which is to say, almost no army... They won't easily be intimidated of letting go of it."

>The mercenary offers a loan allowing up to three major purchases. He expects to be paid back double within two years.
>The mercenary offers many services, though at a price.

The dragonknight followed soon after, immediately slumping to her knees in front of you.

"Forgive me lord. I had no idea that they would have caused this if left unsupervised... I would never have allowed it to happen otherwise."

"...Also... Forgive me for not halting the mercenary. It appears they came with no ill intent, however, I do not think I could have stopped them if I had wanted too. They are not with many, but neither is our... Army. And they appeared far better equipped, as well as carrying some... Very interesting persons."

"Regardless, he offered to dig a new passage, and he kept true to that. I do not know what his motives are, but he does not seem of ill will. If he was, he could have done far worse whilst you were imprisioned once more my Lord."

>The dragonknights patience remains elevated.

It is only far later in the season both Magister and Artisan come to visit you- Though both also seem to have heard the news about the events. The Magister seemingly rather angry. "I don't trust him." He says on a tone far more serious then you had heard from him up until now. "He reeks of magic that... Almost rivals mine. My Liege, when you wield that kind of power, you do not just jump upon a boat and become a mercenary for the pitiful amounts of money to be gained from it. He could become court mage and spend his entire life living in luxury. ...While working of course my Lord. I do not wish to imply that we slack. Certainly not during times as critical as these."

"On that note- I think you will be most happy to hear that I have been very successful in my endeavors." The Magister says with a huge smirk on his face. "The Umilicien spies have infiltrated deep into the enemy borders, and from a quick look I did, seem to have fully gained the trust- Some minor excuse for their delay and all seemed to be in order. At your command, I can tap into their minds and salvage information. I already informed you of the risks involved, I believe."

"I also believe you had asked me to begin transmuting common metal to gold! It was an ardeous task, and I would suggest using the funds I earned into improving my alchemy lab, due to it's poor conditions I could not possibly have created any more... Future investing, of course."

>The Magister has placed an unit of double spies withing Umilician borders.
>The Magister has produced enough gold for 1 major purchase.
>The Magisters patience remains high.

The Artisan shuffles in, he too slightly nervous.

"I... I apologize my lord. Had I known of your intents to begin mining so early, I would have warned you about the danger. The structure of the passage is heavily damaged. Digging through from above will require care, and occasional reinforcement of the walls to prevent it happening again... And... Taking down this entire place with it."

"Regardless sir, I spoke to the nobles and... I'm sorry, I didn't really calm them down. I think I may have just made them angrier because they're thinking nothing is happening regarding to them. But but- I took notes! This should help make a decision, should it not? Let me see here for a moment... All of the families would like to see one of their family become regent my lord. They are all promising various things... Take a look-" He says, showing you a list of several of the families- A few of them standing out.

Dunwall family: A family with a long military bloodline, promising to put effort into restoring the military. Dislikes Libera and Etrange family.
Gilden family: A family of traders, promising to put effort into restoring trade. Dislikes Libera and Dunwall family.
Relia family: A family of high faith, having connections to the church. Dislikes Libera family.
Etrange family: A family with broad connections, promising to improve relationships with the other kingdoms. Dislikes Libera and Gilden family.
Libera family: Actually not originally a family of nobility... But a lot of the townspeople have been speaking highly of them due to their efforts- At your command they could become actual nobility, even if the other families will not be pleased about it. Dislikes none.

"Anyways-" The artisan says with far more excitement, "Right after that I got to work on improving the farms. I figured the best we could do was an irrigation system- In fact I figured the entire city could use a source of clean water my lord! I have crafted huge raincatchers through key points in the city- All rainwater that would rain down will be stared in one of many tanks, attached to pumps for either the populace or farms. Another great benefit my lord is we should never need worry about flood should we be hit by a major storm- The raincatchers should be able to divert a lot of the water!" He smiles excitedly, though returns to his usual nervous self soon after finishing- Slightly more nervous it seems, as he has one more thing to say.

"Ah, also, my lord... The population... Recent efforts have calmed them greatly, but there is still unrest, and now the fear for your magister has faded away... They may actively begin to rebel soon, if no action is taken I am afraid."

>The artisan has retrieved information from the nobles.
>The artisan has built raincatchers to catch rainwater.
>The artisan fears you!
>The artisans patience has risen.
>The artisans patience is now high.

>The city lays in ruins!
=>The city has been provided with shelter.
=>Key structures remain ruined.
=>The castle is in state of disrepair.
>You are trapped!
>Rhenovia no longer desires your land.
>Rhenovia has claimed part of your land!
>Food will (barely) last through winter.

>The people no longer fear you!
>The people are in minor open revolt!

>The mercenary is available.
>The Dragonknight is available.
>The Magister is available.
>The Artisan is available.

► Show Spoiler

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Although it will unsettle the nobles, I think we should choose a member of the Libera family as regent.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Magister, if i spent the amount of gold you created on improving your workstation, would you be able to double the amount created by next season? If so, it would seem a worthy investment, even more worthy if the amount could be tripled or more.

Dragonknight, please contact the Dunwall family and pick the best and brightest among them to train as leaders in our military. After this create two branches of military. 1. The watch(police) - this group will patrol the Capital and other cities that serve us as watchmen, catching criminals and instilling a sense of safety and security. 2. Create an actual military to do my bidding, build our numbers first in the capital and then later station them across our lands and along our less defensible borders to the east and south.

Artisan, I am most pleased with your labors. I will ask that you once more contact the noble families giving them each a message from myself personally.

To the Dunwall Family : You have server this nation for many years within the military, I would like to take the best and brightest from among you and train them to become leaders within the army. For this great honor I would like you to lay aside your squabbles and resentment for the Libera and Etrange Families.
To the Gilden Family : Your family has served this nation for many years as traders and I would like to continue this trend. I will allow you to hold a trade monopoly on any 3 resources of your desire. In return i expect you to put aside your squabbles and resentment for the Libera and Dunwall Families.
To the Relia Family : Your family has served this nation for many years as clergy and religious leaders. I will put effort into rebuilding the great Cathedral so you can worship there once more. For this i expect you to lay aside your squabbles and resentment for the Libera Family. I also ask that you send clergy into the streets of the Capital to calm the people.
To the Etrange Family : Your family has served this nation for many years as Diplomats and emissaries. For this service I would like to give you the honor of having a person from your family serve as regent to me for the Nobles. For this great honor i ask that you lay aside your squabbles and resentment for the Libera and Gilden families.
To the Libera Family : I will grant you the honor of becoming one of the noble families but you must earn this great honor. I ask that you use your heroic status among the people to calm them and steer them away from revolt. I also want to know how you intend on serving me? What abilities or resources can your house provide me with?

As for Mercenary, How much would it cost and long long would it take for you to dig me a passage from this hole?