Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Ruined Kingdom: All is rubble

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm

► Show Spoiler

PSychotic
Of Few Words

Post by PSychotic » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 pm

So much to do, so much to do...

Dragonknight, bring the head of the Libera family to me. They interest me greatly, and may be help remind the people that we are not recovering, but being reborn into a new age! Bring the heads of the other families as well, but not with the Libera head. They must not know of our intentions until it is irreversible. Afterwards, go into the city and build and train a proper guard, teaching them as you see fit.

Magister, investigate the mercenary as stealthily and fully as you can. Use all available materials. During your downtime, continue transmuting gold. I have a question on the topic. I assume you can temporarily transmute common into gold, yes? How much easier would that be for you, and how much could you transmute this way?

Artisan, good work. *Lick* Build the irrigation system as you see fit.

I also say that we put the gold we have into the magister's alchemy lab, as even if it doesn't double his production it will increase it. Contact the red mercenary as well, indicating that we wish to meet his former general to evaluate him.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:51 pm

You sir are demented.

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 pm

BadgeAddict has very interesting ideas :)

I say, let Artisan tunnel us out this season - appartition of the dragon-ruler will calm some rioters,
And I agree with Libera regent.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Davecom3 wrote:Although it will unsettle the nobles, I think we should choose a member of the Libera family as regent.
I don't think this would be wise. All of the other families despise the Libera Family. Although the dragon is the one true leader of this nation, the nobles do have a lot of power. I think that raising a Libera Family member above the rest would make them turn against us, possibly forever.

On the other hand, The Etrange family are skilled diplomats, i think they would serve as the best possible regents.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:19 pm

....Lick the Mercenary. What? You expected me to give out 'reasonable' suggestions?

We should also lick all the nobles.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:39 pm

I would point to Veternari of Discworld as a possible reason it might not be so bad. Further, it would likely reduce the unrest of the much larger peasant populace. The regular nobles might be fighting amongst each other to prove they were better suited than the peasant we chose as regent, trusting that we are likely only choosing the peasant candidate because they can't all get behind one noble as a candidate. We could even spread rumors among the noble houses that this was the case.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Davecom3 wrote:I would point to Veternari of Discworld as a possible reason it might not be so bad. Further, it would likely reduce the unrest of the much larger peasant populace. The regular nobles might be fighting amongst each other to prove they were better suited than the peasant we chose as regent, trusting that we are likely only choosing the peasant candidate because they can't all get behind one noble as a candidate. We could even spread rumors among the noble houses that this was the case.
Keep in mind that Lord Veternari is an assassin too, and not the greatest of leaders in a city that is well....not the best city in the world.

But i love Discworld books otherwise.

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:13 am

in this I trow my weight behind Badge great idea's all around.
Cus that damn magister is only getting that munny if he makes us more :P
I hazz egg :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 am

Badge Addict's idea is a good one. I would suggest that we form a 'high council' to which each family sends one adviser to hold the post and where each family will hold the same level of power. What squabbles they have between themselves is none of our concern, but if t impacts on the kingdom they can expect punishment. I think the Libera family should have lower status for now, but if they can prove their worth to us by calming the populace, then they can earn a full seat on the council.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 am

thinkslogically wrote:Badge Addict's idea is a good one. I would suggest that we form a 'high council' to which each family sends one adviser to hold the post and where each family will hold the same level of power. What squabbles they have between themselves is none of our concern, but if t impacts on the kingdom they can expect punishment. I think the Libera family should have lower status for now, but if they can prove their worth to us by calming the populace, then they can earn a full seat on the council.
Ahh, yes, i like this...

And then that council can elect a regent who can be a messenger between the council (who speaks for their individual families) and myself.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 am

Ooh! I hadn't thought of elections!

In case of a tie, we could also rotate through the houses each year, so that every year one house gets 2 representatives on the council (one 'normal' & one regent). THat might keep them happy if they insist on only voting for themselves.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 am

Either that or make a rule that they cannot vote for themselves and may only vote for someone not themselves.

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:30 am

wooot :D yeshhhhhhhh exelent

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:55 am

Mercenary, How much would it cost and long long would it take for you to dig me a passage from this hole?

"Ah, for such a simple task I dare not ask much Freyahl. In fact, I will offer more for the low price of one chest of gold- Reconstruction of the passage downwards. I have someone on board who would be very skilled in the particular task, you see."

The mercenary bows, leaving once more to leave you to think. You briefly tell him to halt just before he makes it out. He spins around on his boots, turning back to face you straight once more, and again takes a courteous bow as he dons his hat briefly.

"Anything else your majesty?"

On that note you lick the mercenary, remarking the fact he tastes rather sweet but salty. He stands perplexed for a moment, before he bursts out laughing, swiping of most of the drool as he then picks up his hat and dons it. He leaves soon afterwards, calling out "Until next time your majesty!" as he exits.

>The mercenary may "renovate" the tunnel leading to your resting place for 1 major purchase.
Dragonknight, please contact the Dunwall family and pick the best and brightest among them to train as leaders in our military. After this create two branches of military. 1. The watch(police) - this group will patrol the Capital and other cities that serve us as watchmen, catching criminals and instilling a sense of safety and security. 2. Create an actual military to do my bidding, build our numbers first in the capital and then later station them across our lands and along our less defensible borders to the east and south.

The dragonknight bows - "Very well my lord. I do believe the Dunwall family would prove a valuable source of military strength, and what they perhaps cannot redeem in the more political terms, they will be more then happy to make up for on the battlefield. I hope they will be more then willing to cooperate and help restore the army." As she says that, she bows, leaving shortly after.

>The Dragonknight will attempt to restore the army with aid of the Dunwall family.
Magister, if i spent the amount of gold you created on improving your workstation, would you be able to double the amount created by next season? If so, it would seem a worthy investment, even more worthy if the amount could be tripled or more.
I have a question on the topic. I assume you can temporarily transmute common into gold, yes? How much easier would that be for you, and how much could you transmute this way?

"Of course my Lord" The Magister replies. "Pay in mind I even had to spend time on taking care of the spies this season. With the improvements to my laboratory, I should at the very least be able to double the gold I created previously. Who knows? If the elements are acting in my favor, maybe even triple."
"Considering making, temporary gold as you speak however... I suppose it is a thing I could do, but I believe it would actually be far harder to accomplish. After all, assuming you would want it to be true gold, I would first have to actually transmute it. But it would be possible, and it would be a rather nasty trap if you do ask me my Lord... Grant them a gift of gold that suddenly turns to acid? Priceless." He says with a slight grin.
"Assuming you want to create easier gold however... As in a material that only looks like gold but is not, that should be far easier then actually creating gold. Of course, as it would not actually be gold, if they were to actually check whether or not the offered gold is real, it would most likely come out as false. After all, a material that looks so much like gold that it is almost indistinguishable could be called gold just as well." he says with slight snark.

>The Magister may produce "acidic gold", which is slightly harder to create then ordinary gold.
>The Magister may produce "fake gold", which is slightly easier then ordinary gold.

Artisan, I am most pleased with your labors. I will ask that you once more contact the noble families giving them each a message from myself personally...

The Artisan sighs as he sees he's once more burdened with the task of addressing the nobles, though smiles a little bit as he sees that, hopefully, the definite actions would put an end to that. Accompanied with the fact it is your firstmost concern, foresaking building for now, he would have plenty of time. Not that he'd much rather do this then work on his creations, of course.

"Yes my lord... I will bring the news to the families. I suppose they will all be... Disgruntled by the fact you wish to place none upon a... A pedestal. They want to stand out above the others, after all... But I think... That a vote might work. A diplomatic vote from the families for who should be regent should at the very least make it seem like the choice was entirely their own."

The Artisan begins to exit the room, as you give him a lick from behind. He just says nothing and continues walking on a slightly faster pace.

>The Artisan will try to assemble the nobles into a diplomatic party.

>The Magister is available.
>The Mercenary is available.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:00 am

Magister: Improve your labs and start making gold. Sooner or later we will need to start paying our armies as well as that mercenary...

Mercenary: Bring me your general, and I will pay you to clear the entrance / exit tunnel. It is time I had a proper lair again and not this pile of crumbling rubble.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 am

thinkslogically wrote:Magister: Improve your labs and start making gold. Sooner or later we will need to start paying our armies as well as that mercenary...

Mercenary: Bring me your general, and I will pay you to clear the entrance / exit tunnel. It is time I had a proper lair again and not this pile of crumbling rubble.

I agree on Magister.

As for the Mercenary I propose a deal. Clear my lair and rebuild the walls and columns so that they will once again support the ceiling and bring me this general. I would like you to start this immediately, when you are complete i will pay the price of two major purchases, one for the clearing and one for the general.

(basically, work now, pay later) (but not a loan)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:11 am

Oh, one thing to note in the long run as well as for right now- Firstly, major purchases. A major purchases can be provided for many different benefits, often ending up in a long term benefit you would otherwise could not have gotten or would have needed to spend a whole season on creating. In other situations, you could use it to greatly increase the odds of success, or to allow the person to accomplish multiple feats which he usually seen couldn't manage. An common example would be buying armour to outfit your army with. You could also fashion them, but it would take far longer- Especially considering the fact the mines are most likely out of operation.

Another thing which matters for right now is whether or not you guys want to accept the mercenary's loan, and if so how much. He may or may not keep his offer open for the coming seasons, but he'll need to know whether or not you accept the offer. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:15 am

... Mental note: Get the mines working & make dragon armour.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:22 am

I think what we're trying to do is lead the country towards some kind of stability, once that is achieved everything else should fall into place rather quickly.

For instance, once the nobles have settled down and actually started doing their jobs then we can start taxing them again.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:35 am

I think it's too expensive right now so I'd vote no on the loan.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 am

I agree also on saying no to the loan.

However, if we can get the mercenary to work on the lair now and pay him after he is done without taking a loan i would be highly interested.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 am

Since he hasn't asked for money for the general, I'd be inclined to just pay him for the tunnel repairs once it's cleared (and once the magister completes his lab) and not pay the general anything. HOwever, I'd rather wait to have the money in hand if the mercenary gets sniffy rather than make him an enemy.

PSychotic
Of Few Words

Post by PSychotic » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Magister, I need you to make one pool of real gold and a pool of acidic gold. I'll be installing a pool of real gold for you in your quarters because you've been doing such an awesome job. The acidic gold will be the basis for this new trap idea I got yesterday.

Dragonknight, make sure that the Magister's pool is filled with acidic gold. I need a good laugh and the Magister needs to lighten up.

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm

... I woud vote just having the magister use the 1 major purchacha to upgrade his stuff. and making as much gold as possible asap. This will probably be more valuable then the acidic stuff (were not under atack) and were to weak to start fooling people with fake gold and it will likely backfire and give us a bad rep.

If the merc is willing to let us pay at the end of the season. Let him start tunneling us out and get us the general. Lets get the party going.