Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Desert rats... (Always open)

Post by Dlover » Mon May 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Well, that went rather well. Almost as well as could be hoped, actually. Some minor damage that we can recover from is acceptable.

ANyways, interrogating the captives can be left to professionals, now that there's no urgency. Burns' offer to the smuggler is a good one.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 pm

all right.

Set the guard on alert and begin repairs on the forges. Use normal forces to begin with until we're sure the artisan is no longer a threat. If we can trust the smuggler's loyalty we could use him on our side; if not, i don't like the risk of a double agent.

In the meantime, round up the criminals and have them interrogated by the Marshall and the Magister as necessary. Don't tell the populace what happened until we know how big a threat this is. We can possibly pass it off as an accident if needs be, but I'd rather know what we're dealing with first.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue May 16, 2017 3:24 am

Sorry guys was away for a bit so missed all of the interrogation. Guess it went well enough though.

After all the damage can we re-assign the artisan and apprentice before the update, if so assign to the forges instead.

As for those captured, perhaps more gifts for Minerva (after questioning of course).
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 16, 2017 3:32 pm

So just to verify before the update- You guys want the magister to first help you track down the mountain beast, before interrogating the ratmen, sending them off to Minerva afterwards?

Also, you want to redirect the Artisan's efforts from creating a drawbridge to restoring the forges?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 16, 2017 3:46 pm

For now, sure.

I think I missed the bit about tracking the mountain beast, but I would personally put all of that on hold until we find out where this plot came from, who these saboteurs are and what the risks are now that their mage managed to escape.

I'm also thinking we shouldn't send them all to Minerva. Let that be the "reward" for their cooperation. Anyone who was a ringleader or refuses to speak should be publicly executed as a warning to others. The local populace will want some form of justice, so showing it to them might be helpful, as will giving them some faces to blame. Nebulous, faceless enemies are scary.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 16, 2017 3:48 pm

For now, I'm happy to have the artisan do either. Might as well restore the forges, and get them working again. I'd also be willing to put a coffer into upgrading them at the same time so that we can expand to finer metalwork and perhaps make even MORE money out of it. It'd also spit in the faces of the folk who blew them up in the first place.

I think I missed the bit about tracking the mountain beast, but I would personally put all of that on hold until we find out where this plot came from, who these saboteurs are and what the risks are now that their mage managed to escape.

I'm also thinking we shouldn't send them all to Minerva. Let that be the "reward" for their cooperation. Anyone who was a ringleader or refuses to speak should be publicly executed as a warning to others. The local populace will want some form of justice, so showing it to them might be helpful, as will giving them some faces to blame. Nebulous, faceless enemies are scary.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 16, 2017 4:25 pm

True that Minerva is too good for them. Let the magister make them into meat bag puppets if they dont comply >:D

And I aggree, info is more important than knowing where the beast is.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun May 21, 2017 6:11 am

aImage

>It is the 312th year after slumber.
>It is Autumn.

The scare past, you immediately shift some priorities of your court members to more immediate, urgent tasks- Which consist of instructing your Artisan to repair the damage done to the forges, see if he and his apprentice can construct any upgrades given the time... Before you let know the Magister he's allowed to have some "fun" once more: Allowing him to do whatever it takes to get information from the bandits, assuming most at the very least will be able to be sent off to Minerva... Or at least not be already dead in front of their public execution.

It's also a deal that you offer to the smuggler that had spoken all he knew, and prevented a lot of potential damage in the process... While you are not one to consider such a traitorous act as one to be rewarded at most times, it would set a bad example to punish him as severely as the others- And given the option between going to live with Minerva, whatever that may entail, and heading out to what seems to be him certain death... He opts for the former.

With that, your actions finally turn to the coming season, as you cannot help but notice the troubling storms that have picked up over Morgue to still be present, having decreased only slightly in multitude... From afar, any details are hard to make out, but you believe that Tiamat has greatly reduced the amount of ships engaged in active fire with the city. A smart play you realize after a while- With that storm, there is little their ships can do, and they're liable to suffer damage in the process... But it's hurting them, too- Simply leaving in enough force to keep up their costly spell, or risk having it down and be bombarded once more...

But this war is none of your business, the storm more than far enough to not hinder you or your people... Mostly. It is a shame the sun is so often gone, obscured by dark clouds. You let it not hinder you too much as you set out on your own endeavor. This season... You will slay this beast!

Admittedly, things do not look super promising at first, as it seems you find yourself in the same rut you had before, just covering a smaller area... Again, the beast only comes out at night. Again, it is far too dark to take proper notice of the beast...

But as day comes around, you find yourself more and more to stumble upon clues, further directions of the beast's lair. And as you seem to get closer and closer, this task only becomes easier and easier. And eventually... It appeared you had come too close to it. As during one night, it no longer lay silent.

The beast began with it's usual MO, intoxicating smell falling over the camp... Like usual, your men are prepared, and this time, so are you- As you and your men charge for the beast, finally getting a proper look at it.

The snake seemed to have no proper head, in it's stead seeming to be large "flower" petals, in it's midst a gaping hole from which the intoxicating smell find it's source. It's body is initially thick, but quickly grows long and covered in scales. This time around, it's not backing down. You swoop in to breathe fire upon it, as you find the beast hurling a ball of acid from it's gaping mouth. Luckily, you think quickly on your feet, using your wind surge to deflect the blast, acid splattering somewhere on the ground beneath you, as your dragonknight takes the opening. She delivers another cut against the large beast, as your men throw spears and shoot arrows... But the men have to back off as the beast swings it's tail backwards, and threatens to wipe half the group in a single go. You, of course, do not allow that- Diving down on it's tail as it seems to let out a cry, claws sinking in deep while your fangs find themselves biting deep in the neck of the beast... Granting your knight the opportunity to dive her sword deep into it from below, before you finish it conjuring up a series of earthern spikes from the ground, digging them deep into the flesh of the beast as, eventually, completely overpowered, it succumbs to it's injuries.

Much rejoicing is had, and the next day is spent fruitfully- Your men collecting a bounty of items from the beast they think might be useful, while another group looks to finish finding the beast's lair, to make sure that it was the only one. They eventually find it, a single, deep hole in the ground, as it appeared the snake posed as a large plant, or perhaps a rock formation during the day... It did seem that the beast had been the only one, at least to live there, But at the bottom of the hole, they do find one more thing they collect and take back to the city... An egg.

>The mountain beast has been slain.
>Some valuable resources have been attained from it:
>Lure snake "petals"
>Lure snake acid
>Lure snake scales
>You obtained a monster egg.

Returning to the city, you go and see the Magister for progress on his task, already seeing some of the results of his work displayed as some men are hanging on the gallows... And request his report.

"Ah, greeting sire... I dredged through the minds of these men, but I'm afraid I did not discover much we did not already know... It does appear the men here were mostly all just mercenaries, doing their job with little question. I even dug deep in a couple of them just to make sure I was not missing anything. Do not worry of course, sire. I made sure their screaming was convincing enough as I sent them off to the gallows. Most of them are fine, as promised."

"Now, as to what I discovered. None of them really know who ordered the attack, but they know who might, and that by itself might tell something..."

"The first one is obviously their leader, this rat king "Mortimer"... He seems like the kind of guy willing to take any job for the right amount of money, so what happened is likely "nothing personal" to him... He'd probably even work for us, if we'd cough up the coin. Issue does lie in the fact he does not just reveal who hired him for which tasks, as that'd be a good way to lose... Customers."

"Secondly, and perhaps more interesting, perhaps even the actual funder, there's the supplier for all the black powder they smuggled in... A man by the name Savant- A merchant, and a member of the royal Servician family. Which might suggest it was a ploy by them all along..."

"In each case, we'd need to somehow get our hands on either of them to find out more. This rat king to find out who paid him for this job, or Savant to find out why he was selling this gunpowder."

"When that was all said and done sire, I did still have some time left... And given we were running out of time on the clock, I used this to have our little Umicilien spies... Self-destruct, so to speak. Things turned out quite well, if I do say so myself... I managed to have a couple slip in the royal kitchens, poison a feast he was preparing for a lot of his nobles... The feast did not last long once the poison began acting up- Might even have given your dear rival an indigestion."

"Others managed to torch a building, although i'm not sure how extensive the damage might have gotten as they got cut down soon afterwards... And I also had some of the men try and steal some blueprints to bring to us. As I expected, they failed their mission, but at the very least made sure to destroy the plans before being caught and cut down."

>You have two potential leads for finding out who ordered the attack...
>The Umicilien spies have been disbanded, doing damage to the Umicilien empire in the progress.

Next on the agenda you find the Artisan, reassigned to the task of getting the forges back running... A lot of effort is spent during the season on just this, the explosions having done damage to the main forges- But the Artisan and his assistant do manage to fix them by the end of this season, an initial test-run revealing that things have seemed to be as good quality as they were before the incident- Although leaving little time to think off improvements...

>The forges have been restored.

You turn to the marshall, realizing that, besides the incident, he's likely had a rather easy season considering the last of the ratmen had been ratted out... He reveals he spent the season none the less investigating for any more signs of their presence, though, eventually uncovering another hidden stash of gunpowder- But besides that, found their presence gone.

He also, of course, assisted in having the bandits, and the surviving ratmen, brought to Minerva. There were no issues in the transfer, although their presence may have prevented any of them trying to make a run for it. The actual transfer for a moment also looked like it was gonna go bad... The massive ant-creatures that were keeping guard on top did seem to expect them, but were not really... Super prepared to carry the prisoners down. The first guy that they took was, according to the Marshall's words, almost cut in half as they grabbed him between their pincers a bit too intensely. There was almost a panic, but they managed to quell the men as the next ones went more smoothly, one of the big ants apparently having adjusted their orders to be more gentle... Although razor sharp pincers still make for cuts.

Finally, though, he turns to you as he seems to have a last word of notice... Pointing your direction towards your shores, as indeed, he points out some Gravenrogh ships dwelling awfully close... Luckily, he'd already sent out sloops to investigate, and found that their intentions were not hostile, although ones you may or may not appreciate... They are requesting permission to dock at our shores, and use that time to perform repairs and resupplying here. They would, of course, pay, and still come out on top as it'd spare them the long trip around the continent towards their own harbors, making it a potential "win-win" for both sides... Although one would need to face that they'd still be using those ships in their war efforts. Your Marshall suspects that Morgue can hardly consider it their priority to try and counteract that, if they even have the means of capability... But it's still something that should perhaps be kept in the back of one's mind.

>The Marshall cleared the city of intruders.
>The Marshall assisted the
>There's Gravenrogh ships near our shores, requesting access to our docks...

With the prisoners delivered, you are curious to see Minerva's reaction. As you ask her if she's safely received the prisoners, and how they're faring... You do not really care that much for the latter, but you presume it's only polite conversation.

"They have all arrived well. A couple turned out to be rather injured in the process of safely getting them in here, but their wounds were healed quickly. I've yet to interact much with most of them. I need... Some time, and I think them, too. There's a lot of them, though, more than I expected... And most appear rather rowdy and unintelligent, although the presence of my guards is quick to shut them down."

"Still... A deal is a deal. I hope you're happy with what you got on your end..."

>Minerva has delivered more of the magic ore.

Next, you turn to the regent and Emissary, seeing how their progress fares, their efforts this month focused almost solely on making sure the nobles are content without slinging even more unnecessary money their way... Their efforts went well! A multitude of simple, but elegant events are organized, helping appease them... A couple of them are renamed to "executive" nobles- A meaningless title that serves to make feel people more important.

They also helped oversee the project of hiring some constructors to take care of the townhouse. As is expected of contractors, their results are not amazing, but neither is it bad- It's simply "okay"... Which is about what you'd expect for one coffer of gold. With another season and another coffer or two of gold, they could likely be persuaded to improve it... If you consider that even remotely a priority.

There is one final thing though... As the regent addresses you.

"Ah, sire... There is something you should be aware of. The Servicians... Following the attack here, they've stopped sending over trade caravans of their own- And the ones we sent have been violently turned around. Well, not violently I suppose- But it did appear that things would escalate to that point if they had not obliged... In each case, we can no longer count on them for a benefit towards our coffer, it appears. We've not heard of any real reason as to why- Although one might be able to guess..."

>The regent and Emissary appeased the nobles.
>The Emissary oversaw contractors in reconstruction of the townhouse.
>The Servicians cut off trade!

.[tabs: Buildings]
Key buildings:
The castle: Disrepair
Docks: Decent shape
Housing: Good shape
Nobility housing: Decent shape
Town hall: Decent shape
Resting chamber: Excellent shape
Cemetery: Becoming too small...

Economy buildings
Market: Decent shape
Guilds: Decent shape
Glassworks: Decent shape (Missing provider - potash)

Resource buildings
Mines: decent shape (provides metal resources)
Forestry: decent shape (provides wood resources)
Forges: Excellent shape (producing steel- Capable of wrought iron and cast iron)

Defensive buildings:
City moat: Decent shape
Walls: Good shape
Barracks: Good shape
Main gate: Good shape, no drawbridge
Secondary gate: Decent shape, with drawbridge.

Luxury buildings
Inns: Good shape
Theater: Excellent shape
Temples: Excellent shape
Lobster pot addition: Decent shape (provides luxury food)
Mushroom grotto: Poor shape (provides a small amount of luxury food)

Developmental buildings
School: Excellent shape

Additional buildings:
Market statue: Good shape, embedded with a magic stone.
Magister's workshop: Good shape

Utility buildings
Raincatchers (source of water)
Farmland: Good shape (provides food)
Fisheries: Good shape (provides food)
Roof farms: Good shape (provides a small amount of food)

[tabs: The people]
The people are content.

Negative factors:
They lack many "luxuries"

Positive factors:
The townhouse was restored!

Primary needs:
Housing: above sufficient
Water: sufficient
Food: sufficient

Secondary needs:
Entertainment: sufficient
protection: sufficient
Structure: sufficient
Food quality: insufficient
Tools: sufficient
religion: sufficient

Desires:

Capabilities
Education: mediocre
Craftiness: mediocre
Magic: low
Combat: above mediocre
Health: mediocre
Charisma: mediocre

[tabs: The nobility]
The nobility are content.

General
All families are not pleased with the appointment of the Libera family as nobility.
The nobility are happy with the theater.
effort has gone into contenting the nobles.

Dunwall family
+Happy from the positive praise.
+The regent has been fairly elected
-The Libera became nobility

Gilden family
DISOWNED

Relia family
+The temple has been restored!

Etrange family
++A member of our family became Emissary.
+The Libera have been disowned!

Libera family
++Very pleased with their appointment as nobility

[tabs: Foreign relations]
Duchy of Morgue (Northwest)
Have no hostile intentions, seem willing to have arrangements for the right price.

Could establish trade if the pass was secured.

Issue with Gravenrogh?

Kingdom Gravenrogh (West, past mountains)
Very much willing to be friends
Have started sending trade ships

Servicius
Possible alliance with Umilicien?
Do not seem to have any immediate hostile intent.
Are not interested in any form of arrangement.

No known military data - Suspected to be larger than own.

Rhenovia
Strong allies.

Umcilien
Hostile!
Known information:
- Do not intend to wipe us out - Yet.
- Powerful army- Estimated to outnumber us 6 to 1.
- Powerful court mage, multiple lesser mages.
- Darilcoth has learned relatively strong magic.

-May attempt to sabotage or steal technology.
[tabs: War]

Current conflicts:
None

Training
All troops have received basic to advanced training.
All troops have received basic archery training.
All troops have minor combat expertise.

Land lore is known.

Special troops
1 mage with healing specialization.

The army currently garrisons:

1 regular troops.
3 elite troops.
1 unit of spies - Located within Servicius territory.

Equipment:
Hardened equipment for: 5 troops.
Regular equipment for: 3 troops
Others: poor quality

Morale:
Very high
[tabs: Trade]
Trade has resumed

Current average income from trade: 1.50

No contact.

Contact made: occasional trade ships add +0.5 major purchases each month usually
Resource connected: Glass (reduced efficiency) +0.5 major purchases each month usually
Ongoing war: -0.5 major purchases each month

Servicius
Hold potential trade goods.
Cancelled trade!

Rhenovia
Holds potential trade goods
Has good interest in trading: Provides +1.0 major purchases each month usually.

Marital contacts
Docks are in decent state.

-Gravenrogh
[tabs: Court]
The Marshall
Patience: High
The Marshall is neutral towards the Magister.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Regent.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Marshall is friendly towards the squire.
The Marshall is friendly towards the spymaster.

The Magister
Patience: Very high
The Magister is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Magister detests the Dragonknight.
The Magister is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Magister is neutral towards the Regent.
The Magister hates the Mercenary.
The Magister dislikes the Emissary.
The Magister dislikes the squire.
The Magister is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Dragonknight
Patience: Elevated
The Dragonknight dislikes the Marshall.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Magister.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Regent.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Dragonknight is friendly towards the Squire.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Artisan
The Artisan is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Artisan detests the Magister.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Regent.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Squire.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Regent
The Regent is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Regent is friendly towards the Magister.
The Regent is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Regent is friendly towards the Artisan.
The Regent is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Squire.
The Regent dislikes the Spymaster.

The Emissary
The Emissary is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Magister.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Emissary has not met the Mercenary.
The Emissary dislikes the Regent.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Squire.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The squire
The Squire is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Squire is neutral towards the Magister.
The Squire is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Squire is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Squire is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Squire is friendly towards the Regent.
The Squire is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Squire is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Spymaster
Patience: Ordinary
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Magister.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Spymaster dislikes the Regent.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Squire.

[tabs: Items]
Special items:
One bottle of "plague" poison
Three healing potions
12 barrels of black powder
Large piece of "magic" ore.

Lure snake "petals"
Lure snake acid
Lure snake scales
Lure snake egg

[tabs: Magic]
Known magic:
Fire breath
Ice breath
Torrent
Earthshatter
Earth block
Earth control
Wind surge
[tabs:Events]
313 Summer: Spymaster's contract ends.
315 Summer: Squire's contract ends.[/tabs]

>The market has produced 2 major purchase.
>The forge was down for maintenance this month.
>You have 10 major purchases available.
>The court awaits your orders.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 21, 2017 6:36 am

Get Mountian beast body to magister to experiment with. Also have him check the egg, but NOT DAMAGE IT!

Dragon: Take care of the egg, maybe raise it as a little monster child/pet.

Marshal/Emmassy: seek out this 'mortimer' character and bring him to me so we can speak to him in person. Heavily suggest a job needed to be done but wants it said in private.

Allow Gravenrogh ships dock for money.

Artistan: Upgrade forges.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 21, 2017 7:09 am

I think it's high time we got started on the castle...

Have the artisan spend the season finishing the drawbridge (if it isn't already done), but let's get that castle built next.

I'll have a think about jobs for the others.

Patdragon
Game Master

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Full sail ahead.

Post by Patdragon » Sun May 21, 2017 7:26 am

Artisan-" Good work, continue to work on the main gate draw bridge and training up the apprentice. "

Magister- "Good work, Here have some of the monsters parts if you can make use of them. What are the chances of being able to control or tame such a beast as this. I'm tempted to either sell the egg or use it myself.

I'd still like you to work on the device for Minevra if you have time. "

Emissary- thinking

Dragonknight - thinking

Regent- " Now the mountains are clear lets send up some prospectors to find a decent place to start mining. "

Marshal- " Lets guard the prospectors a little in case of either bandits, war refugees or more monsters.

Us- Shall we take the rest of the corpse to the temple as an offering.

Other musings-
Let the Gravenrough ships dock for a fee.
We kind of already know Servicius were having pressure put on them by Umcilien so this Savant person is most likely beholden to them in some way.
We still need potash for the Glassworks

---Unavailable---
Mercenary.
Squire.
Spymaster.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Get Mountian beast body to magister to experiment with. Also have him check the egg, but NOT DAMAGE IT!
Good work, Here have some of the monsters parts if you can make use of them. What are the chances of being able to control or tame such a beast as this. I'm tempted to either sell the egg or use it myself.

"I could certainly investigate the findings, and that egg if you wish, sire... Check through some of my old tomes that survived to see if I can pin down what exact species we're talking about. From there, I suppose I'll be able to deduce what might be of use, and how possible it would be to try and tame such a beast... Worst case scenario, I'll be able to deduce at least any magical properties from what you salvaged. Worst case scenario, you can just sell it all- Likely worth a pretty penny..."

"I suppose I shall get to working on that soon, if that is your priority, my liege..."

>The Magister will inspect the monster salvage and egg.
Take care of the egg, maybe raise it as a little monster child/pet.
Shall we take the rest of the corpse to the temple as an offering.

You're not sure if you're ready to be a father... Nor that you can really spend the time on properly keeping it warm, if that is even what it requires- But assuming the Magister's research proves to be advantageous, you'll be sure to make preparations...

As for taking all you can salvage off the beast as an offering to the temple... You could most certainly have your Emissary do that- It would likely be considered a great gift, although if you're going to do that, you might as well consider asking for a godly blessing in return. Such as... Pushing away this drool weather from your own shores- Lest people start complaining of meager harvests...
seek out this 'mortimer' character and bring him to me so we can speak to him in person. Heavily suggest a job needed to be done but wants it said in private.

"Hmm... That... Might be tougher than you make it sound like, sire. For one, given recent developments, it seems uncertain I'll even be allowed to enter the city... Or worse. Even assuming I get in, finding him would require digging in the underworld, and if your intent is then to somehow get him here... He doesn't seem like the kind of person to move. I'm afraid we will need to look for... Alternative solution to tackle that problem."

"I suppose that, assuming the Servicians might be willing to cooperate some, we could try and work together with them to capture this figure, since him and the king are not on the best of terms... Although the fact he's not already captured may say a lot by itself. Or assuming I am allowed in the city, I could just ask for an audience, assuming you have questions you need to ask..."
" Now the mountains are clear lets send up some prospectors to find a decent place to start mining. "

"Of course, sire. Would you want mines installed on the veins of iron or coal we have already found, or do you wish for further inspections to see if we can scope out any rarer minerals..? Assuming you are free for the season, or the Magister perhaps, your affinity with earth should be a huge boon in the latter..."

"We will likely also need some funding to begin establishing foundations for a small outpost- The mountains are too far to take manpower from the city, and we'll probably have men living in a small village there... It'll likely be just one gold coffer to get started, although some more might be required to get things fully operational."

Allow Gravenrogh ships dock for money.
Let the Gravenrough ships dock for a fee.
" Lets guard the prospectors a little in case of either bandits, war refugees or more monsters.

"Of course, sire. I'll give the green light to the Gravenrogh ships to dock, I'm sure they'll appreciate it in more than just coin... And I shall arrange for protection of the Regent- Hopefully unnecessary now the beast has been dealt with, but you can never not be cautious enough."

>Gravenrogh ships are allowed to dock for compensation.
>The Marshall will protect the regent.

Have the artisan spend the season finishing the drawbridge
Good work, continue to work on the main gate draw bridge and training up the apprentice. "

"Of course, sire. With that incident we obviously didn't get the chance... But we should be able to finish it off finally this season."

>The Artisan will construct a drawbridge on the main gate.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri May 26, 2017 8:38 am

Ok so extra-

Regent - "Ok lets spend two coffers to get the miner up and running. Lets start with the basics of coal and iron but have people scout out for the rarer materials and yes I will do a fly by and examine the area with my abilities to see if we can get a rich and reliable vein of worth before we completely set up."

Emissary - "I think given the circumstances finding this Mortimer character or the trader in Servicia is ill advised then for the moment if it is still a problem in the future hopefully the spymaster will have returned by then and we can deal with it as you say in a different way. So instead I'd like you to try and find me a reliable source of potash with the dragon knight."

Dragon knight "I'd like you to keep the emissary safe and assist him to help organize and set up the Potash we need for the glass works. See if you can find a local source first before going any further a field.

Us- "I will take the body of the corspe wurm to the holy site and give it as an offering for good weather for our fields"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat May 27, 2017 4:21 pm

"Ok lets spend two coffers to get the miner up and running. Lets start with the basics of coal and iron but have people scout out for the rarer materials and yes I will do a fly by and examine the area with my abilities to see if we can get a rich and reliable vein of worth before we completely set up."

"Understood, sire- Two coffers should be more than enough to get operations under way as soon as possible. I'll find some willing men, and we'll set out in one of the coming days..."

>The Regent will construct a new mining outpost.
>You will scan for rarer metals...

"I think given the circumstances finding this Mortimer character or the trader in Servicia is ill advised then for the moment if it is still a problem in the future hopefully the spymaster will have returned by then and we can deal with it as you say in a different way. So instead I'd like you to try and find me a reliable source of potash with the dragon knight."

"Not my usual expertise, but I can most definitely try, sire... Although I believe we already have almost everything we need to produce it ourselves- We just need the actual facilities in order to produce it ourselves in full. Maybe we'll start pushing the boundaries of our forestry, though, and we do not have a real "supply line" for the required sand we could get from our shores..."

"Given a coffer of gold sire, I shall have some contractors hired to build the expansion to our glassworks, which I believe should cover most if not all of what we need. Otherwise... I shall see what can be arranged. I suppose given no other recourse, I can perhaps find a dedicated supplier that gets us what we need for cheap rather than the market value- Which could work just as well."

"And I believe you are right concerning Servicius, sire. Hopefully, this mercenary returns soon upon this spymasters contract expiration..."

>The Emissary will attempt to secure a supply of potash...
"I'd like you to keep the emissary safe and assist him to help organize and set up the Potash we need for the glass works. See if you can find a local source first before going any further a field.

"Understood, sire. I will do what I can."

>The Dragonknight will assist the Emissary.

>The court has received their orders.
>Time passes...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 pm

>It is the 312th year after slumber.
>It is Winter.

Giving access to Minerva to allow her warships to dock for whatever minor repairs they need, you receive good compensation in return... As the "war" rages on- At this point, it's quite clear that it seems they're just waiting them out, mostly... Eventually, sooner rather than later, it'll become too much and they'll be forced to capitulate... At least, that is likely what Minerva is hoping for.

Your first order on the agenda is to check on the Magister's progress- You left him in charge of investigating the salvage from the beast you've slain... And consecutively, hopes of him having discovered what it might have been, what use it's salvage might have... And whether or not such a beast could be tamed.

"Ah, greetings sire. I've done investigations as you asked... And I believe I have found the beast you have been dealing with."

"The beast was known as a 'lure snake'- It's an... Mostly giant snake, part plant-like creature. It's head basically resembles a large flower... They use that partly to lure in prey, partly to disguise themselves when they sleep during the day, burrowing in their tails and closing their mouths, blending in with their surroundings... They are mostly carnivores, however- Hunting at night, going mostly for easy prey that is entranced by the smell they can produce."

"I suppose that is one of the things I can use the acid you recovered for- It can serve as a VERY effective lure... And depending on whether or not you make it accessible, can be used to dispose of things, too... I put a small glob of it near my windowsill to keep away all flies."

"It's scales are also rather tough, but above all, poison resistant... Something that'd melt through stone would likely do nothing against it. Could probably make something useful from that... But it's not my forte."

"Finally, as for taming it... I do not believe actual taming will be possible- It's too dumb for that. Control, however, might work out... Assuming we can keep it fed and placated in some form of containment in the meanwhile. Biggest problem would be that it might get ornery during the nights, as it usually tends to roam around during that..."

>The Magister investigated the Lure snake.

Next on the agenda, you go and see if your investment on the new mines is paying dividends, while also being obligated to investigate for any rare minerals yourself... You see that, under the promise of coin, swift progress is made- Many a workers erecting the foundations of resting and eating accommodations within a week, beginning to make progress towards getting the start of a mine-shaft dug out... You even help a bit with that initially, doing work that would have taken a month in a matter of hours- Although, eventually, you have to cede doing so as the tunnel gets too deep, and going wider would be more trouble than is worth the effort... In each case, as you watch things progress quickly, you have another job to take care off- Scanning the area for other, valuable materials...

You decide to stick rather close for any more intensive scanning, off course... It'd be rather moot to fly out to a whole other region of the mountain, and find something there- That'd be yet another mining outpost you'd be required to build, while preferably you keep things centralized... And you find yourself in luck! Prospecting, pulling up some deeper parts of stone nearby, you sense the presence of rarer metals... Gold! It might take a season or two for them to hit those veins, but given the right instructions, this iron mine might turn into one to focus on rarer minerals instead...

That's not all you find, though... You also detect the presence of an underground chasm, below the surface. You can not tell exactly how deep it is... But do know that while it seems like it might contain valuables- Gems, for example... Such locations can also be a harbor to monsters- It'd be eventually up to you to see whether you'd avoid it, or dig towards it in hopes of claiming all it's spoils...

In each case- Amazing progress was made, and the iron mine will be operational next season already... Right now, it sounds like it's simply going to be creating a surplus, considering your forges do not have the capacity to handle the extra influx themselves- But you can simply sell it for some nice extra cash, regardless...

>The iron mine has been made operational!
>A source of gold has been found deeper in the mountain!
>There is a chasm filled with many gems...
>The Marshall protected the regent. (But nothing major happened)

Content with one project completed ahead of expectation, you move on to the next... Seeing the Artisan has completed the work on the drawbridge as well- It still seems like the whole concept of a drawbridge is his arch nemesis, it admittedly not his proudest work... But it is completed, and functional- Seems it won't suffer any disaster like the previous ones did, as at the very least he learned from his mistakes...

>The drawbridge on the main gate was completed.

Finally, you turn to see the progress your Emissary has made, with the assistance of your Dragonknight... Admittedly, she did not seem like she'd be of much use given the Emissary's goal, but he does praise her highly... Even if for reasons she could not exactly help- As the Emissary explains her mere presence during negotiations gave both an air of importance, and... Well, just a tad bit "convincing"... As he explains what he eventually managed to muster up.

"Well, sire, I first tried looking for contractors I could get to install an expansion for cheap, but that soon fell short... So I turned to the other idea I had- Trying to find a dedicated supplier. Eventually found a merchant that does a lot of bulk goods trading, secured ourselves a contract- He'll bring in all we'll need, and we'll be paying reduced market rate... Which means we'll get to pocket the extra money."

"It's still not the best solution, since that would be building our own facility- But there's only so much things you can prioritize at once..."

>The Emissary secured a trade contract for potash!

.[tabs: Buildings]
Key buildings:
The castle: Disrepair
Docks: Decent shape
Housing: Good shape
Nobility housing: Decent shape
Town hall: Decent shape
Resting chamber: Excellent shape
Cemetery: Becoming too small...

Economy buildings
Market: Decent shape
Guilds: Decent shape
Glassworks: Decent shape (Missing own source - potash)

Resource buildings
Mines: decent shape (provides metal resources)
Mountain mines: decent shape (provides metal resources) - SURPLUS
Forestry: decent shape (provides wood resources)
Forges: Excellent shape (producing steel- Capable of wrought iron and cast iron)

Defensive buildings:
City moat: Decent shape
Walls: Good shape
Barracks: Good shape
Main gate: Good shape, with drawbridge.
Secondary gate: Decent shape, with drawbridge.

Luxury buildings
Inns: Good shape
Theater: Excellent shape
Temples: Excellent shape
Lobster pot addition: Decent shape (provides luxury food)
Mushroom grotto: Poor shape (provides a small amount of luxury food)

Developmental buildings
School: Excellent shape

Additional buildings:
Market statue: Good shape, embedded with a magic stone.
Magister's workshop: Good shape

Utility buildings
Raincatchers (source of water)
Farmland: Good shape (provides food)
Fisheries: Good shape (provides food)
Roof farms: Good shape (provides a small amount of food)

[tabs: The people]
The people are content.

Negative factors:
They lack many "luxuries"

Positive factors:
The townhouse was restored!

Primary needs:
Housing: above sufficient
Water: sufficient
Food: sufficient

Secondary needs:
Entertainment: sufficient
protection: sufficient
Structure: sufficient
Food quality: insufficient
Tools: sufficient
religion: sufficient

Desires:

Capabilities
Education: mediocre
Craftiness: mediocre
Magic: low
Combat: above mediocre
Health: mediocre
Charisma: mediocre

[tabs: The nobility]
The nobility are content.

General
All families are not pleased with the appointment of the Libera family as nobility.
The nobility are happy with the theater.
effort has gone into contenting the nobles.

Dunwall family
+Happy from the positive praise.

Gilden family
DISOWNED

Relia family
+The temple has been restored!

Etrange family
++A member of our family became Emissary.
+The Libera have been disowned!

Libera family
++Very pleased with their appointment as nobility

[tabs: Foreign relations]
Have no hostile intentions, seem willing to have arrangements for the right price.

Could establish trade if the pass was secured.

Issue with Gravenrogh?

Very much willing to be friends
Have started sending trade ships

Servicius
Possible alliance with Umilicien?
Do not seem to have any immediate hostile intent.
Are not interested in any form of arrangement.

No known military data - Suspected to be larger than own.

Rhenovia
Strong allies.

Umcilien
Hostile!
Known information:
- Do not intend to wipe us out - Yet.
- Powerful army- Estimated to outnumber us 6 to 1.
- Powerful court mage, multiple lesser mages.
- Darilcoth has learned relatively strong magic.

-May attempt to sabotage or steal technology.
[tabs: War]

Current conflicts:
None

Training
All troops have received basic to advanced training.
All troops have received basic archery training.
All troops have minor combat expertise.

Land lore is known.

Special troops
1 mage with healing specialization.

The army currently garrisons:

1 regular troops.
3 elite troops.
1 unit of spies - Located within Servicius territory.

Equipment:
Hardened equipment for: 6 troops.
Regular equipment for: 3 troops
Others: poor quality

Morale:
Very high
[tabs: Trade]
Trade has resumed

Current average income from trade: 2

Surplus sales
The following resources are created in surplus by the kingdom, and are sold for a raw profit:
Iron from mountain mines: 0.25

No contact.

Contact made: occasional trade ships add +0.5 major purchases each month usually
Resource connected: Glass (minor reduced efficiency) +0.75 major purchases each month usually
Ongoing war: -0.5 major purchases each month

Servicius
Hold potential trade goods.
Cancelled trade!

Rhenovia
Holds potential trade goods
Has good interest in trading: Provides +1.0 major purchases each month usually.

Marital contacts
Docks are in decent state.

-Gravenrogh
[tabs: Court]
The Marshall
The Marshall is neutral towards the Magister.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Regent.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Marshall is friendly towards the squire.
The Marshall is friendly towards the spymaster.

The Magister
The Magister is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Magister detests the Dragonknight.
The Magister is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Magister is neutral towards the Regent.
The Magister hates the Mercenary.
The Magister dislikes the Emissary.
The Magister dislikes the squire.
The Magister is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Dragonknight
Patience: Elevated
The Dragonknight dislikes the Marshall.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Magister.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Regent.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Dragonknight is friendly towards the Squire.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Artisan
The Artisan is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Artisan detests the Magister.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Regent.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Squire.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Regent
The Regent is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Regent is friendly towards the Magister.
The Regent is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Regent is friendly towards the Artisan.
The Regent is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Squire.
The Regent dislikes the Spymaster.

The Emissary
The Emissary is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Magister.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Emissary has not met the Mercenary.
The Emissary dislikes the Regent.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Squire.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The squire
The Squire is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Squire is neutral towards the Magister.
The Squire is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Squire is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Squire is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Squire is friendly towards the Regent.
The Squire is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Squire is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Spymaster
Patience: Ordinary
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Magister.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Spymaster dislikes the Regent.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Squire.

[tabs: Items]
Special items:
One bottle of "plague" poison
Three healing potions
12 barrels of black powder
Large piece of "magic" ore.

Lure snake "petals"
Lure snake acid
Lure snake scales
Lure snake egg

[tabs: Magic]
Known magic:
Fire breath
Ice breath
Torrent
Earthshatter
Earth block
Earth control
Wind surge
[tabs:Events]
313 Summer: Spymaster's contract ends.
315 Summer: Squire's contract ends.[/tabs]

>The market has produced 2 major purchase.
>You obtained 1 major purchase from the docked Gravenrogh ships.
>The forge produced equipment for troops once again.
>You have 11 major purchases available.
>The court awaits your orders.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 31, 2017 3:52 pm

I vote for building the castle!

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed May 31, 2017 4:54 pm

I assume you don't mean Minerva in the first paragraph and you actually mean...The female dragon from Gravenrogh.

Will post some plans tomorrow as it's late.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 6:24 pm

We should change the forges over to producing luxuries, we have more than enough military equipment.

Magister: "I would like you to fashion a new set of scrying orbs, that Minerva may look through hers to see our end without us seeing her."
Regent: --
Marshal: "When the squire made contract with the mercenary, I witnessed him place a curse mark upon her to seal the deal. Did he leave such a mark upon you?"
Artisan: "I believe it is time to see to the repairs of my castle. Make sure it is a grand sight."
Emissary: --
DragonKnight: --
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:44 am

Magister: "Work on the scrying Orbs for Minerva,and if possible, make more than one, this way one could be used to travel while one remains stationary, if possible." (Ditto of Dlover)
Regent: Wonderful job on the mines, they will in due time bring in riches that will help the kingdom swell. It may be worth the price to purchase some contractors to help to quickly expand the mine so that its riches would more quickly come into our hands. I sense the presence of a gold vein as well as a chasm potentially filled with Gems. Aim for the first, while the second, due to the potential danger that it poses, I would ask that you create a secondary shaft to reach it, this way it can be sealed off if deemed unsafe.
Artisan: How is the training of your squire coming along? I hope that this was not a bad decision to have you take one on. I think we have finally raised the funds and resources to begin rebuilding the castle, only I want you to build it more resplendent than it was before. However, I would also like you to look into expanding the forges and not just the ability to make more items, I wonder if it is possible to make metal stronger than it currently is, and I would like you to look into increasing the quality of our forges for make such harder metals *(Steel)
Emissary: Wonderful job getting the potash, this will make our glassworks possible until such time as we can make our own , Tell me, given that two of our neighbors are locked in battle, though I am keeping a neutral position on the matter, do you think it possible to negotiate a cease fire between the two countries, one that benefited us? In addition, I would like to find more variety of food as well as some luxury goods to keep the nobles happy, anything you can think of?
Marshall/DragonKnight: While I can fly to the edges of our countries borders without much trouble, I want to create an better warning system for this city should our country come under attack. I would like you both to look into where might be the best places to build some keeps along our countries borders to provide a means to stop the flow of an enemy...should the need arise.

(Are there villages outside of the main city?)
(Where is the Spymaster?)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 am

(Spymaster's with the Mercenary as part of a contract until Summer of year 313.)
My game:

My characters:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:07 am

As I'm quite busy today and only on phone. I agree with most suggestions so far.

Did we fly the corpse of lure wurm to temple or leave it with the magister. Happy with either but it with magister a gentle repose spell might be useful.
Plus what shall we do with the egg?
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 am

We could also hatch the egg and then "try to control it" and then place it near our borders. specifically our southern border...or just go ahead and drop it in our enemies lands. whilst under our control.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:10 am

I vote for building the castle!
"I believe it is time to see to the repairs of my castle. Make sure it is a grand sight."
How is the training of your squire coming along? I hope that this was not a bad decision to have you take one on. I think we have finally raised the funds and resources to begin rebuilding the castle, only I want you to build it more resplendent than it was before. However, I would also like you to look into expanding the forges and not just the ability to make more items, I wonder if it is possible to make metal stronger than it currently is, and I would like you to look into increasing the quality of our forges for make such harder metals *(Steel)

"Off course, sire... It would be a great boost to morale to see those ruins restored to their former glory... Although it might be better to simply have the entire thing demolished and reconstructed- Preferably, bigger than it was before, of course..."

"It will likely take longer than other projects have taken though, I must admit sire... If that is the kind of level we're striving for, at least- I'd probably need some gold to replace some of the more opulent features, too, and with more I could afford more men to hasten the process... It's your choice of course, sire- Shall I perhaps just focus on clearing the foundations and laying out the plans for the new castle?"

"As for the forge upgrades you speak off... I believe this steel you are speaking off is dwarven technology..? From what I recall, they've been protecting it rather well, although a couple other kingdoms have gotten their hands on it as well. From vague descriptions I've heard of the process, I can experiment to see if I can replicate it- Or we can obtain actual blueprints in some other manner..."

"And my apprentice has definitely proven to provide some valuable insights, sire- I still need to tutor him on some finer points, but so far I think he's been a net positive."

>The Artisan will begin reconstruction of the castle.
>The Artisan can use coffers of gold to improve/speed up the process...
>The Artisan could look into upgrading the forges given either time or blueprints.

We should change the forges over to producing luxuries, we have more than enough military equipment.
The order is received, as priority shifts...

>The forges will begin creating luxury goods once again.

"I would like you to fashion a new set of scrying orbs, that Minerva may look through hers to see our end without us seeing her."
"Work on the scrying Orbs for Minerva,and if possible, make more than one, this way one could be used to travel while one remains stationary, if possible."

"A bit more menial labor than I prefer, but given I'm the only one capable of doing it... Fine. You do remember what I said of it previously, do you not sire..? The ingredients to make these are expensive- Especially if I'm to add a vision feature to one of them... I'll probably need a beholder eye for that one..." he speaks, muttering the last part, seeming to do some internal calculations before turning back to you.

"I'll probably need around three coffers to make this work... Each. I could do just voice for one, if you want me to make more than one... Do I have your permission for that?"

>The Magister will create more communication orbs given the gold to do so.
"When the squire made contract with the mercenary, I witnessed him place a curse mark upon her to seal the deal. Did he leave such a mark upon you?"

"I... Cannot really talk about that." he hesitantly answers- Seeming like he wants to avoid the question, while rubbing one of his hands...
While I can fly to the edges of our countries borders without much trouble, I want to create an better warning system for this city should our country come under attack. I would like you both to look into where might be the best places to build some keeps along our countries borders to provide a means to stop the flow of an enemy...should the need arise.

"Keeps would likely do little to stem the actual flow of an incoming attack force... We simply have too little troops over too large an area to effectively cover enough ground to do so... But they could serve as an advance warning system, to make sure we're aware of attacks as soon as possible- We could assign an unit of troops to that, if we wish..."

>The Dragonknight and Marshall will look to set up a border patrol with potential watchtowers...
Wonderful job on the mines, they will in due time bring in riches that will help the kingdom swell. It may be worth the price to purchase some contractors to help to quickly expand the mine so that its riches would more quickly come into our hands. I sense the presence of a gold vein as well as a chasm potentially filled with Gems. Aim for the first, while the second, due to the potential danger that it poses, I would ask that you create a secondary shaft to reach it, this way it can be sealed off if deemed unsafe.

"Most definitely, sire. Would you like for me to put my focus there? Reach these greater riches as soon as possible?"

>The Regent will attempt to speed up mountain mine progress (Using gold if given)
Wonderful job getting the potash, this will make our glassworks possible until such time as we can make our own , Tell me, given that two of our neighbors are locked in battle, though I am keeping a neutral position on the matter, do you think it possible to negotiate a cease fire between the two countries, one that benefited us? In addition, I would like to find more variety of food as well as some luxury goods to keep the nobles happy, anything you can think of?

"Hmm... Doubtful I admit, sire..." the Emissary begrudgingly concedes after thinking it over for a moment. "I think, given how things are going, Tiamat will likely just want to finish the job, so to speak... The war would probably end if she were to withdraw, even if I think it's not something that Morgue would forgive- They don't have the means to fight back, but... Depending on how bold they dare to be, might do something to incite another attack, like they've done to start this war in the first place."

"The best thing we could try to do is to get Morgue to finally agree to meet their demands, which might be enough for Tiamat to withdraw under them... But to be completely fair, that's a lot of risk, for which I don't see many benefits for us in it..."

"As for more variety of food- If you'd wish me to, I could see about perhaps purchasing some new kinds of crops from our neighbors..? I know Rhenovia for instance has sweethops- If we can acquire some of it and plant it on our own farms, we'd be able to get it towards a lot of our classes rather than having to import it, which means it's considered a luxury instead... We'd probably need a proper brewery to make full use of it, and a building such as that might bring it's own advantages even without the sweethops. I know Servicius has incense, but no idea how difficult that might be, Gravenrogh holds sugar cane... With your permission, I'll visit any of them to see if something can be arranged- But with the exception of Rhenovia, I do not believe we are on enough friendly terms to have a chance to arrange a trade like this without the offer of some money... Or something else."

>The Emissary may attempt to arrange a trade deal...

I assume you don't mean Minerva in the first paragraph and you actually mean...The female dragon from Gravenrogh.
Yeah, I meant Tiamat- My bad.
(Are there villages outside of the main city?)
There were, like little farming villages/ mining villages/ misc villages, but those pretty much got destroyed by Darilcoth when he invaded. It's only natural that as time passes, smaller encampments will once again form that eventually turn into whole towns...
Did we fly the corpse of lure wurm to temple or leave it with the magister. Happy with either but it with magister a gentle repose spell might be useful.
Kept the resources the snake granted, as the temple is a bit far for the dragon to fly on his lonesome- And in addition, it's valuable commodities, so I want to get confirmation from more than one player before using it up...

And I would like some confirmation on what you guys are planning on doing with the egg, yes- Whether it's "hatch it", "Make sure it won't hatch", "Sell it for a nice influx of gold" or anything else, really.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:37 am

Artisan - "Begin with clearing the rubble and starting on your blueprints for the castle. The construction and expenditures can come later, but how does three coffers sound for enhanced detailing?"
Magister - "One needs to receive images, one needs to deliver images. We can keep the old orb as a stationary method for sending only speech, to cut expenses. It would be six coffers, then? That is... Manageable."
Marshal - "I see. Is it safe for the magister to examine? I wonder whether it is possible to release its effect - not to reveal the mercenary's secrets, but to ensure he has no hold on my court."
DragonKnight - ---
Regent - "How much would you need for this task?"
Emissary - "I would like you to visit Rhenovia, to see whether they would be willing to share their crops. I do not expect it to come free, even from them, for we can only ask so much on goodwill, but look into their willingness, and the cost."

Egg... I got no clue. Hatching it sounds troublesome.
My game:

My characters:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:03 am

Artisan:" Go ahead and begin a complete reconstruction, I can help with some demolishing if you do not plan to re purposes the material. However my chambers are all ready complete so work that into your plans. For the castle I believe I am willing to spend two coffers a season maximum."
-----
"We captured a lure wurm recently would you be able to construct a set of armour from the scales? I feel I would like to gift my dragon knight with some new armour .

Magister:" Three coffers... Fine just make the one that can send images and on to receive them"
-----
"By the way if you have additional time go ahead and make a strong lure from the lure wurms acids. It may be useful when we breach the caverns in the hills."

Regent:" Focus on just expanding to the gold for now, but keep in mind we will explore those caverns later."

Emissary: "Go ahead and see if we can do some trade with Rhenovia for some sweet hops. If the Potash and glass works are on course maybe they would be interested in some of those.

By the way are there any known settlements to the south of Umcilien or are they completely cut off other than Servicius?

Marshall: "Once the Artisan is finished on the castle I think a real barracks is in order along with a standing army, now we have a few more income sources. Can you along with the dragon knight begin some exotic weapons training of some of the troops, or increase the basic training of those troops we have. Personally I thinking we could do with a small cavalry for a quick response team for attacks from the wall, plus if we have too they can go further afield for threats that need to be quelled. I also think we could recruit...nay placate a few nobles later on by giving them knighthood or some such."

DragonKnight: "Assist the Marshall in exotic weapon training/ Cavalry training."

-------------

As for the egg i'm thinking either sell it or harvest it for parts once its grown a little now... I like the idea of acid resistant armour for our knight....as i believe our main threat was a black dragon who's most common attack would be acid? Still knowing we can change out breath weapon now it might be a one off advantage...if that ever happens.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem