Ninjas - The Role Playing Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Ninjas - The Role Playing Thread

Post by nikohl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 am

Sakura:

Ichiro was surprised at how quickly the man agreed to let a complete stranger mess around with his wares, but didn't say anything - after all, he wanted some work, and the man was offering him a trial. So, not wanting to risk dropping and breaking the jugs, he opted to take two at a time and move quickly, rather than try and hold as many as the man had been holding. He jogged to the counter and placed them carefully down, then hurried back for the remainder. As he went, he looked around to see where there might be a broom. Deciding to try his luck behind the main counter, he leant over and looked down but found nothing - then saw a small cupboard nearby. He was sure to find one in there! Opening the door, sure enough he saw a broom behind a mop and bucket and some other supplies. He drew the broom out, brushed a spider off it, and hurried back to the man. "Here I am! Those jugs are heavier than they look!"

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am

@Kai

The man behind Kai was quick enough to dodge the flying dagger, which hit a trunk behind them. However, he wasn't fast enough to dodge his companion's blade, which Kai deflected in his direction while he was about to strike. His mouth filled with blood, and swayed in his movement, gently falling sidewards as the battle raged on.

The former samurai disposed of the other bandit too, his wakizashi cutting through his neck, spilling blood in a wide arc as the blade moved around. However, his success promptly stopped as Gorou cut his side.

The leader flailed around the bastard sword, which then stopped right before Kai's neck, rubbing it faintly.

- You know, live by the sword, die by the sword... - grinned the man. - Now, drop your other weapons too, before this beauty does something ... unadvised. - to make his words weigh more, he pushed the sword firmly at Kai's throat.

@Sakura

- Back here so soon? Good job! Of course they are heavy, noone can say my wares lack the materials! Hahha. Now, go into the backyard, and ask Masuyo for instructions. She is with the freckles and reddish-brown hair.

The backyard was big, and full of wares. Jugs, cups, mugs, pots, plates of all size and many colors stood in stacks, and surely would have formed a maze, weren't for their practical, organized layout. From one side a great heat lashed at Ichiro: the ovens that finished the clay pottery had big, metallic mouths, which periodically opened as two bulky men placed in and out the wares.

The boy looked around and soon noticed the girl of the description intently working on a vase on a throwing-wheel.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:19 am

Kai:
... First.. Kai was sure he was at an end... while the wild barbarian swung his sword unskilled, the pure power and weight behind the weapon was more than Kai could have stopped in his current condition... and now...

Idiot, was all that went through Kai's head! You willingly hand me the victory? well... I wont be one to say no to such an offer...
Slowly, Kai stretches out the hand where he holds the wakizashi... He releases his grip on it..
just as he had expected, as soon as it lefts his fingers, befeor it even hit the ground, he could feel Gorou's blade slowly raising for a killing strike....
"1!" Kai says and moves to a lower stance.
"2!" as he uses his right hand to push the slow lifting blade aside!
"3!" as he uses his raising momentum to sweep the legs away under Gorou.
"4!" as he grabs his tanto from under a sleeve while he kicks Goru on the arm holding the sword, sitting down over the arm.
"5!" as he breaks the mans arm between his legs.
"6!" as he plants the tanto in the mans torso, between the ribs, on the outside of the lungs, same height as the hearth!
"6, That was the amount of live men you were before you tried to attack me...
Luckily, a tanto is made for suicide... just as what you committed when you made that faithful decision...
I feel sorry for your men!" Thats the last Kai says, as he sweeps the tanto deeper into the man, dragging it right over the right lung, and into the heart...

Kai stands up.. holds himself to the side...
"Get the survivors over to the wagon.. and start giving them bandages and water, lets safe as many as we can! I'll go for the last one..."

Kai goes back to the archer, finding that the man has awakened and managed to remove the shirt from his eyes, but not escape... he has seen it all...
"So, I guess there will be no problems with you will there?.." The man nods.
"Good... so here is the deal... We will take you and the survivors with us to the next town, its only half a day away... here we will turn you in. telling the Guard that Gorou was your leader and where to find the body.. If you corporate, the law states that you will not be executed, but put into labor at one of the forts instead... What you do is up to you... but if anyone of you tries to flee... I WILL kill you.. you understand?" another nod. "Good"

Kai returns to the merchants, finding two of the robbers bandaged, the rest dead... and the one without an arm looks like he is close to the same state...
With his own voice so the merchants recolonize him, but still the mask, so the bandits don't, he says: "Good... I know you are tired, but we have to press on.. according to the road signs, we are no more than a half day from the next little town, A half day is the same as a half night. we must push on... we will take turn walking and laying on the wagon. You!" Kai says and points to the youngest of the merchants" take the rains and get this card going.
Kaunata-toimaru* Can I ask you to lay my bandages please, I took a cut to the side, and would like good hands to make sure it does not get infected!"

After Kai have gathered his weapons, with addition of the bow and take what might have value of the bandits things, As the card starts rolling, and Kaunata starts bandaging Kai, he signals to the old man to lean in closer... "I do not know what you have in that crate.. and to be honest, that is none of my business.. but if someone might now about it, and someone might have send these men to get it, tell me now.. I want to know if there might be more people hunting us..." Kai pauses for a minute, then look at the old mans small cut on the throat from where Gorou held him... "..Oh... and Kaunata-toimaru, are you okay?"

The sky is frost clear, and the open farm land is full of the sounds of animal, as the ox wagon, heavily loaded wit wears and men roles out of the forest and through the night.

*Toimaru is a Japanese merchant title, Kaunata is meant to be the name of the eldest merchant!
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Roshi:

Looking down on the tea he accepted in his hands, Roshi is thinking for some seconds. When he looks back up to the master, he says "I will need some time to think about this. If am not asking for too much, would you show me what you already got about that sword? I kind of like the idea, but I still got a unfinished sword in the smithy, so I will have to stay until it is done. I do not like leaving things unfinished. So maybe reading into the legend with what you got in the meantime would be a good idea."
:zzz:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Sakura:

Ichiro approached the girl but stood off to one side, not wanting to startle her or distract her and cause her to ruin the pot. "Err, hello? Masuya-san? I'm meant to ask you for instructions? I think I'm working here now. Today, at least."

(ooc: sorry for the delay, been busy at work >.<)

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:37 pm

@Kai

- Yes, I'm fine, th... thank you. - says Kaunata, still under a light shock from the events.

The merchant binds Kai up, who feels himself awful. His stomach is all set up as the pain bothers his mid-body, which somehow reminds him on that faithful night with a sai... He sits on the cart, leaning his back at the heavy box - which he hasn't been told about much, still. In any case, the night passes uneventful, and Kai manages to stay awake during the whole time, while the merchants are all going to sleep.

The morning shine wakes the merchants early, who hasn't been sleeping well, the event took its toll on them, too. They decide to stop, so Kai could get some sleep while the rest of the caravan stretches and looks for breakfast in a lazy and still sleepy pace. The next city is about two hours away, and they decide they make the pause now so they can enter it refreshed.

@Roshi

The master smiles.

- Of course, feel free to do so, take your time! As said, this is not something urgent. You can read about the legend in the scrolls that are kept in the Clan's library, just ask Mitishi-san the resident librarian for them, they are no secret, really.

He sips from his tea, and listens to the chirping of birds and the shatter of the leaves in the breeze, while his mind seems to be wandering.

- This is such a nice day, don't you think?

@Sakura

The girl looked up, while her hand were still forming the vase, which looked neater after every spin, at least to Ichiro. The same couldn't be told about the girl, however. Well, she was cute in a way. She had beautiful hair and a matching pair of brownish eyes... only, her face had an elongated shape (maybe her jaws were so?), thus her sight reminded so strongly at a horse, it was really hard to resist not to give her a handful of straw and pat her on the neck.

- Yes, I am. - She replied, with a voice that suggested that she was well over in the age of the boy, even though she still looked girly. (And horsely.)Her voice also had a hint of sadness, probably it wasn't easy to get by on a daily basis with that look, but she smiled gently, nevertheless.

- Judging from the broom you are on cleaning duty for today. That will pay you a copper as there is

**CRASH**

- Sowwy! - said a young boy, currently buried under a big plate and a smaller pile of broken mugs.

- That was your second mess-up within this week, Takumi-chan, and it's only Tuesday... - sighed Masuya with a motherly smile. - also, I'm afraid you won't get paid for those...

- I'm going to be the biggest potter, though! - came the reply from below the stack.

- Well, way to go, way to go!

The girl turned back to Ichiro.

- Okay, so your first task is quite obvious. What's your name, by the way? You seem to know mine, but I can't say the opposite.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:11 pm

"Indeed it is, master. I get to drink tee with you in this relaxing place, beside getting a very special offer and finishing my first sword. Nice might be an understatement for this day." he relaxes fully, now after the important part of the talking is over, and enjoys the moment. Not that the presence of the master would have stressed him, that man behaved far to nice to do anything like that. Excitement, yes, that would be the right word. But now, it declines and is succeeded by happiness and peace of mind.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:27 pm

"I sure hope they have some herbs to help my wound heal up...." Kai thinks to himself.
After breakfast, Kai gets up to walk into the city... "My friends, I'll leave you here before the city itself, not that I'd not like to follow you, but I'll not like to remove my mask near these robbers, and I'd not like to pass the city guard with the mask, if you understand. Keep any reward these might bring you from the Guard, but I ask you, If you see me in the city, or any other place, please do not greet me..."

Kaunata, nods and sends his fellow merchants a look that tells them that they better agree two, then he throws Kai a bag, the sound and weight tells that there are more than was agreed upon "Thank you Kaunata-toimaru, and a continued good journey to you all... also you" Kai says and looks at the surviving robbers.

Then he sets his phase high and moves towards the city.. when he is out of sight he darts to the side.. looks around and sees that no one is there.
He finely removes the mask, 12 hours behind leather and cobber can make a face sweat.. then he waits, looking for the merchants to pass.. then, he waits 2 hours more.. that must be enough..

He turns his cloth around so it looks like normal travel cloth again, then he walks into the city, looking for a good herbalist, and a warm bath at a good inn... when walking in the main gate, paying a gate toll for the first time in his life, he suddenly sees a city from the inside for the first time since he was 5.. the sight is overwhelming.. where will he find what he needs?
-Best regards LAYF

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 am

Sakura:

Ichiro nodded at the girl's words. He tried not to stare as she spoke - not all the girls at his village were pretty, but there was no one there who looked quite like her. She had kind eyes even if they looked sad, though. He hoped they'd get along.

"Ichiro. My name is Ichiro. How many people work here?" As he spoke he started to sweep up the broken clay that Takumi dropped, bringing the pieces into a pile. He worked quickly but didn't rush too much, as he didn't want to make the same mistake as the young boy.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 am

@Roshi

The garden was calm. Another master came along with a long, wooden stick, and headed to the big heap of pebbles that has been lying around a bit further away, forming a miniature map with mountains, valleys, and hills. He sat down in the zazen posture, and held the stick with only one hand. Then he began to chant, repeating some kind of mantra the boy couldn't remember, since he wasn't really involved with religion, yet. Soon other masters joined in: they sat down outside of the pebble-pile, also in zazen. They didn't chant, though, merely hummed to the tone and rythm, occassionally louder where the verses repeated.

The master next to Roshi was listening to it too, but he didn't join. Instead he put down the cup and lay down on his back, arms crossed behind his neck, surrounded in the smooth grass.

@Kai

- Move it, man! - Kai has been tossed away while he was observing the miracle of a town... He was standing on the main street, which was quite busy still, so he decided to get to the side of the road. Now he had time to look around: there was a smaller, round square further along the way, which spawned several minor and bigger streets in all directions. The buildings were one-two stores high, forming a light maze out of the city. Kai could promptly notice an inn somewhere in the front, but to find an aphoteque or anything else he needed took more than just standing around.

@Sakura

- Pleased to meet you, Ichiro-san. - bowed the girl a little, while she picked up a piece of wood and gently but firmly pushed it at the spinning vase. Soon, intricate spirals and circles started to appear on its side as the girl moved it along the vase.

- There is a shovel and a bucket somewhere there - she nooded her head in a direction - it's easier to collect the bigger pieces together with those. Can you see a pile of broken pottery in that corner? We generally put rubbish there as they still might be of later use. You can just sweep the dust and the rest somewhere else.

She slowed down the spin to be able to check her work from all the sides. She didn't look satisfied and soon she began to shape the vase again with her hands, flattening out the carved surface in parts.

- Oh, that depends on the time of the year, the weather, and how well the business goes. Right now we are nine: Dad, Uncle Hikaru-san and Hayato-san, some temporary or regular kids, and me. The weather is turning nice so I expect more people to mill around soon.

She suddenly fell silent, as if she realized she is just chattering around innecessarily. Biting into her lips, she turned her attention back to the vase.

@nikohl
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:16 am

Kai:
Okay... Time to look around... Kai will walk up the main road, looking at all the wears from shop fronts, buy some food while walking.. He tries to think back to when he helped Haruto in his little place.
Then he stops up at a small shop front, and ask if the seller knows someplace you can buy some specific herbs.. those he ask for all have primary uses not withing medicine, but in food and color production.. he knows that will seem less suspicious, while properly direct him to an apothecary anyways to get it all at once..
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:52 am

Roshi was wondering why the master that offered him to come here and have a talk with him behaved so different than the others. He observed him for a while,then, he calmly stood up, bowed towards the master and went back to the smithy. He picked up the sword he made, and continued to grind it, then he started polishing and garnish it. It took him the rest of the day, but he was far from being finished. With the layers being so fine, he did not want to risk grinding off too much, so he did the finishing touch only by polishing. This might take a few more days until it is finished, he thought.
Later, he joined the evening training. After sitting nearly the whole day, drinking tea and polishing, he needed some exercise to keep his mind balanced. After that, he went into the library and started looking for books, which had something to do with the story about the broken sword.