Ninjas - Training Grounds (Closed)

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Ninjas - Training Grounds (Turn 3)

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:16 am

Sakura will look in the next barrel along.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 am

Mesa, high above the room, takes a leap of faith to the platform and rolls to break his fall. As he stands he will carefully lift the 3rd barrel lid.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Ninjas - Training Grounds (Turn 4)

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:45 am

Training Room 1

Turn 4 >>Next Turn

Beni investigates the freshly discovered crawlspace, followed by Rae, who is genuinely interested in checking out his butt the new area, too.

Mutzu believes in great physical activities, and showers boxes from above. He calls it Box-jutsu, and is already thinking of founding a school.

Sakura checks the middle barrel. Bingo! I mean, Dummy.

Mesa does a double Rittberger from above and nearly breaks his neck at landing. He carefully opens the last barrel's lid, finding nothing.

Last edited by LooksAndSmiles on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:51 am

Mutzu will meditate until he hears the gong

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 am

Feeling the warm heat of adrenaline trickle down his leg, Mesa quickly strikes at the dummy in the barrel. Mesa says something along the lines of "Me First" and then laughs like a madman.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:15 am

Sakura will go back down the ladder and finish off the dummy that doesn't look quite as broken as the others.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 am

Rae waits patiently for Beni to hit the dummy, then she'll move over, pick up the stick, and bang the gong.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 am

Ah, the dinner bell. Beni knows it all too well. He will move to it, pick up the stick, and, if he has time, examine it. He has a sneaking suspicion that the back has been marked. Or at least that one of the podts has been scratched.

That should leave Rae room and time to finish off the last dummy. (Though I wonder if he would have been able to slash the dummy en passant...)

Ninjaed. How appropriate.

Okay. Beni will roll forward, ending just past the dummy, then stand, turn, and slash in a single coordinated movement.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Ninjas - Training Grounds (Turn 5)

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 am

Training Room 1

Turn 5

After all that physical activity, Mutzu begins to train his mind by meditation. Or maybe he is just tired.

Mesa can't resist the urge to strike something, and to strike something hard.

Sakura lets him be, and goes down to hit the dummy some more, in case one hit wasn't enough. Well, it was enough, but a work done thoroughly is better than a work not done, right?

Rae decides she has no interest in more fighting, instead checks out the loud musical instrument someone put there for fun.

Beni sighs as he gets ninja'ed (this is a feeling one will surely get more often), and strikes the dummy with one swift move.

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

- Well done! I was a bit afraid that you don't split up and we have to wait an eternity until you railroad every single dummy, but wisely you have been sread out, finishing the job in no time!

- I also have to congratulate you for your keen eyes and sharp mind that let you reveal the secret room.

Your next task is ...

To beat the dummies, without being seen!

Training Room 2

This time, you don't get training sticks, but each of you get a weapon of their affinity!

Mutzu: [Katana]
Mesa: [Chain of Thousand Power]
Sakura: (unarmed)
Rae: [Short Staff] (a pair)
Beni: [Dagger]

I don't give the stats of the weapons just yet, as you can 1-hit the dummies anyway.

Something to consider:

Metallic Weapons glint in the dark, and may cling or make other noises, therefore they give a -1 to Stealth unless they are covered. Your stealth cannot go below 0. :)

Your weaponry:

[Katana]: metallic, cannot be hidden in clothing. It can be seathed if a silk scabbard (or any appropiate cloth) is found, or the blade can be coated (if the appropiate gel is found).
[Chain of Thousand Power]: metallic, cannot be hidden in clothing, but can be wrapped around the body (arms, torso). While wrapped around, it can be covered by additional piece of clothes. Chain can be coated, too.
[Dagger]: metallic, can be hidden in clothing. The blade can be coated, too.
[Short Staff]: wooden, can be hidden in clothing.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Ninjas - Training Grounds (Turn 5)

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:59 am

Mesa enters the room and then scampers up the wall on the right to the tunnel above. On the way, he attempts to extinguish the torch.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:12 pm

"Mutzu enters the room and examines the door to the right. If it opens inside the room he opens it staying behind it. if it opens to the next room he climbs to the tunnel and open the door from above.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:13 pm

kida wrote:"Mutzu enters the room and examines the door to the right. If it opens inside the room he opens it staying behind it. if it opens to the next room he climbs to the tunnel and open the door from above.
And what if it opens sideways, like the doors in japanese houses in general?

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:22 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:
kida wrote:"Mutzu enters the room and examines the door to the right. If it opens inside the room he opens it staying behind it. if it opens to the next room he climbs to the tunnel and open the door from above.
And what if it opens sideways, like the doors in japanese houses in general?
Open from above

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:53 am

Beni hides his dagger and goes to investigate the door on the left. He does not open it just yet. Instead, he ponders how one can tell which way a faceless dummy is looking.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Rae hides her sticks in her clothes and scampers over to the right and hops up into room above, crouching low next to the table and looking around.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:36 am

Sakura hides where she is until the door to the right is opened

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Man, now i wish i paid more attention to the recruitment thread. Ah well. Good luck guys, i'll definitely be watching in case a spot shows up. :)