Magic, Monsters and Mazes Oh My!

Home to all current Forum Games.
CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Re: Magic, Monsters and Mazes Oh My!

Post by CroverusRaven » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:29 pm

OOC: As it is a move action, you can only use it once. Since the Archer has a ranged attack and hits as hard as the thief plus can avoid one attack made against them, I needed a way to make them not as OP. Since it increases the Attack stat by +1, that means at Level 4 the Arher can fire two shots with the increased Attack stat.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 pm

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:36 pm

As I'm a little confused as to which rat is still alive, I wonder if you could make a mark on the map somehow to denote dead ones.

(3) Slice'n'Dice will move to the closest rat and then attack as many times as possible.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:12 pm

I put negative numbers by the ones that have taken damage. I need to figure out a symbol to drop on top of dead creatures/characters... I'll figure that out in a bit. But as of right now the only living rat is the one above Tharl.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Tharl (3) attacks the puny rat just to be sure it dies. Then tossing rats aside he moves to and opens the chest, hopefully looting it. If the last rat is definately dead before he can act, and Tharl knows dead rats, then Tharl moves to, opens, and definately loots the chest.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:10 am

Tinian(2) moves through the door to the left.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:47 am

Karl (3) Moves to F8 and shoots the rat on G6 or attacks any other living rat.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 am

Group 2! (You guys like splitting your parties)

Pinky opens the door on the right, revealing a long hallway that turns sharply. She spends two move actions to end up just short of the turn, noticing no traps, but she can hear a groan from around the corner.
Morror follows Pinky, able to stay directly behind the Theif.
Meat goes to the door on the left, opens it and steps into the room beyond, a large room that may have been a storeroom. Broken crates litter the room, and Meat can heat the squeaking of rats.
Tinian moves through the left door behind Meat, staying behind the barbarian.

Updating map. The Spaces with Brown broken boxes are considered difficult terrain and cost 2 points of Speed to move through. Updating map to add the new rooms, and show positions of the players and monsters.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 am

OOC: Oops. I was thinking Pinky was moving to the left, therefor I did not notice us splitting up.

@Group 2: Should we rejoin?

If the group decides we should, I suggest Pinky and Morro moving to the left. Else we should attack the thing at the end of the tunnel.
:zzz:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:48 am

Yeah, let's regroup.

2: Pinky spends her actions to get back to the main room. She shuts the door behind them if Morro also makes it back to the main room this turn.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 am

I hope I can move back as quick as I moved there, so we should make it back to the main room easily and also get quiet close to the other door. :)
:zzz:

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:48 am

Meat (2) will wait for the rest of the group to catch up.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:14 am

I think all of group 3 has moved.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 am

Group 3

Potian takes his aima nd fires at the rat in G-6. His arrow buries itself into the rat's eye and kills it as it does 4 points of damage.
Slice moves to G-7 but the rat is already dead.
Tharlsteps over the Rat's corpse with a move action, and opens the chest. He finds 2 gold pieces and a magic dagger. He can claim either the gold or the dagger for the loot action he performed. Since he is the only person that can stand in G-6 the others cannot loot from the chest until he moves out of the way.
Karl moves to F8, but the one Rat that everyone was eager to kill is dead so he takes no further actions.

Map updated! Round 5 Begins!
► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 am

Group 1 is still waiting on Questions. Anyone seen them?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 am

Karl moves to J5 and opens the door.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 am

(3) Potian moves to I 5, ready to protect his friends...
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 am

Is it possible to delay an action (or all three) until we see what is on the other side of the door?

(example)
Slice burns 1 action this turn to defer until next turn. At the start of next turn, slice gets 3 of his normal starting actions + 2 that he saved from last turn = 5 actions this turn.

???

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 am

Tharl (3) snarls in a way that is almost a quiet crooning as he takes and examines the dagger. Tharl not know magic, but Tharl know weapons. If, in Tharl's expert opinion, the dagger would be better for the thief or the mage, in that order, after himself, then Tharl will reluctantly part with the dagger. Tharl may need to weild the dagger though to find out how good it is. If, somehow it is determined to be a 'dagger of returning' then Tharl would instead prioritize the mage (I don't know. Should we add a ranged attack to someone else, or help the mage more, or wait until we know what is what?). Tharl will let others assist in examining the dagger this round. Tharl moves to J6, beside, but not in front of the door.

OOC: I recomend that others in my group, besides 1 opening the door, finish looting the chest, and decide if you have the actions to assist in examing / identifying the dagger.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am

Slice would be more than happy to both accept and spend his entire turn examining the dagger. Slice happily accepts the dagger from tharl (if he simply throws it to his feet, or gives to him)

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:55 am

No, actions do not carry over to next round. You can instead be like "If there are enemies inside I'm going to move to one and attack them as long as others join the fight"

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:42 pm

Identifying a magic item's properties, as I think I've stated before, takes a single action and is a % chance of discovery, with mages getting a bonus for each level they have, and if someone spends the whole round examining they get a large bonus. Thral looted the dagger last turn technically, so this turn he can try to identify it, then give it to Slice, then he'll move. Slice will spend his whole turn identifying it.

You both know that daggers can only be effectively wielded by Thieves.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm

well...then....Slice will walk to the chest (action 1), take the gold coins (action 2), and walk until he is standing next to tharl.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:You both know that daggers can only be effectively wielded by Thieves.
Ah, well, that seals the deal. After spending 1 action to ID it, Tharl (3) will hand it over to Slice (3). So to repeat, I loot, ID, give and move. Uh, if one of those is not a free action, skip ID.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm

your loot action is free since you used loot last turn. I'll move the dagger to Badge's character and then post an update.