Magic, Monsters and Mazes Oh My!

Home to all current Forum Games.
CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Re: Magic, Monsters and Mazes Oh My!

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Karl moves to J5 and opens the door, revealing a small room with more dire rats and a small greenskinned monster. A chest is in the back corner.
Potian moves to I5, sprinting across the room into place.
Tharl, having taken the dagger, tries to identify it but does not succeed. He spends an action to give the items to Slace, then moves to J6, ready for the next fight.
Slice accepts the dagger as a free action, moves to the chest, loots the 2 gold for a move action, then fnishes his turn by moving to I6.

Map Updated! Round 6 Begins!

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Tharl (3) charges, moving to M5, then attacks both adjacent rats with his last 2 actions. (I probably can't attack twice, despite having 3 actions per turn. If so, attack rat M4, and hope the archer or mage takes out the other.)

OOC: team, if thief moves to O4, through the diagonal between the rats, then he can attack the goblin. Mage could attack Rat at N5 by moving to L5, and archer attack rat at Q5, for a total room clear in 1 round. Your choice though.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:17 pm

As stated in the rules regarding actions, you can only attack once per round. You can make a second attack when you reach Level 4, and a third at Level 7.

Also, be sure you check the first post and read our class so you know all the fun tricks your class gives you (Like spells!)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Slice will study the dagger.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:42 am

Hey guys can my team vote for my actions the following 2~3 weeks? I'm on a trip to Bulgary so I wont be here too much.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:04 am

I'll allow it since you're giving permission

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:27 pm

(3) Potian fires his arrow after taking aim at the rat at Q5 (use an action to gain +1)
"Why is there all these harry pinktails... die creeps!"
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Then I will vote for Bob (2) to just wait until the other two arrive. If he is attacked he will defend himself.
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Karl (3) moves to L5 and shoots the rat on N5

(I know about the spells but saving them for now and is it a broken door in the room?)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Questions
Mutters to Themself

Post by Questions » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 pm

I'm sorry, guys. Lost internet for a few days. I'm back, and it should be solved.

Junter moves to F3 and attacks the skeleton in F2, then retreats back to the safety of his original space. If he will not be able to retreat Junter doesn't attack. He instead follows Hunarak into the room and stays behind him while looking around the room to identify what the golden things are and check for traps. For the rest of this combat any monster that has already been struck (after this turn) Junter will move to and attack to attempt to kill. Once combat is over if the golden things are coins Junter will move to pick them up if he has already checked the room and the coins for traps. If they are trapped he will attempt to disarm them in the safest way possible, then pick them up. Any traps found at any point he will warn his companions about.

That's just in case my internet begins acting up again.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:43 pm

No worries Questions. If you want I can have those be your default order of actions if you disappear for a couple of days.

Working on updates, gonna be a bit slow today, got a lot going on in RL at the moment and I don't work as well when I'm depressed.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:41 pm

All Groups are updating today!

Group 1
Lonar moves to H2 and unleashes a minor blast of magic at the skeleton in F2, hitting it for 1 point of daamge.
Kalin moves to G3 and strikes at the same skeleton as Lonar, his punch cracks a few ribs as he does 1 point of damage.
Hunarauk moves to F4 and strikes at the skeleton in G4, but it ducks under his attack.
Junter slides to G2, ducking under the injured skeleton's guard and uppercutting it's jaw with a dagger, sending the skull flying away as he does 2 points of damage, then Junter retreats back to his starting spot.

Skeleton F2 is dead
Skeleton G4 attacks Hunarauk, who easily blocks with his shield.
Skeleton E3 moves to F3 and attacks Kalin, but the monk sidesteps the attack with little effort.
Round 7 Begins!

Group 2
Pinky sprints back to Q14 to regroup.
Morror follows, ending in Q15.
Meat Stands his ground.
Tinian hides behind Meat.

The Rats all moves, one ending in L16, one in N13, one in N14, and one in O16.
Rat N13 attacks Meat, but its teeth can't find a hold on his armor.
Rat N14 though darts past his defenses and bites his leg, hitting for 1 point of damage.
Round 4 Begins!

Group 3
Tharl charges into the room, stopping in M5 and dropping his blade onto the Rat in M4, killing it in a single blow as he hits it for 4 points of damage.
Slice uses the whole turn to identify the Dagger. He succeeds! It is a +1 Attack Dagger, Thieves only. He may name the dagger if he wants. (bonuses to stats will be reflected in your stats.)
Potian takes aim at the Rat at Q5 then unleashes a devastating shot, hitting the Rat for 4 points of damage and killing it!
Karl Moves to L5 and launches a small magical bolt at the rat in N5, but it dodges to the side.

Rat M4 is dead.
Rat N5 attacks Tharl, but misses.
Gobbo P4 moves to N4 and slashes at Tharl with sharp knives, slashing through his hides armor and hitting for 1 point of damage.
Rat Q5 is dead.
Round 7 Begins!

Maps are all updated!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Hay, quick note, grp 3 imo is same as grp 2.
-Best regards LAYF

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks for the catch, fixed.

Questions
Mutters to Themself

Post by Questions » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Junter (1) will wait until someone attacks the skeleton in F3, then will move to F2 and attack it as well. If he kills it he will then examine the room for traps. If it doesn't die he will retreat back to where he started.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Slowly Tharl (3) can feel the rage building with every blow. Move 1 north to M4 and attack the goblin. Kick the dead rat.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:35 pm

(3) After equipping the new dagger which is now named Stabby, slice moves to the goblin and attacks it.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Lonar(1) attacks the skeleton in F3. If he can't attack from his current position he will move to D3 before attacking

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Hunarauk strikes again, turning the momentum of the deflected blow into a whirling slash.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:03 pm

► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:30 pm

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Kalin (1) attacks the skeleton in F3.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:07 am

Pinky (2) will use her thiefy ninja skills and climb onto the boxes so she can get in to the room and help, and will stab down at the rat.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 am

Morro (2) climbs on the box on O13 and attacks the closest rat from above, trying to help Meat. If the rat jumps at him, he tries to dodge it.

OOC: Since I can ignore movement penalties, I shouldbe able to get past P14, although or mage is standing there, right? Or can we pass each other without blocking each other anyway?
:zzz:

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:47 am

OOC: You can pass each other for no penalty. You ability would allow you to count entering 1 space with boxes as a normal space. Everyone else treats every space with boxes in it as costing 2 points of Speed.

Edit: To further compare: Morro and Pinky both have a Speed of 3. A single move action would allow them both to move 3 spaces. A box counts as 2 spaces, so Pinky would spend a move action to enter 1 space with boxes, and wouldn't be able to move to any more box spaces with what's left of move, requiring Pinky to spend another action to enter a second space with boxes. But a Monk counts the first space as a regular space, spending only 1 point of Speed to enter it, then the rest of his Speed to enter a second space with boxes.