An Adventure Begun Badly... (Recruiting, Turn 4)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Questions
Mutters to Themself

Turn 5

Post by Questions » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Rigel grabs the corpse he is wrestling with and tries to shove it away, but loses his footing in the muck of the tomb. He tumbles forward throwing the corpse onto it's chest in the dirt and his weight pins it down. It's spear rolls away, and Rigel, not wanting to let the thing back up pulls his hatchet from his belt and cracks it in the back of the head. Dust flies up from the broken skull and it is still.

Absculian glares at the flaming corpse, Flame licking up to the point of its spear. He Begins to conjure and illusion of himself and steps back away from it hoping the corpse will attack something that isn't there. It works, but as the corpse shoves the spear through the illusions chest the tip of his spear hits Absculian's leg...He grunts in pain and steps further back as his illusion shimmer's out of existence.

Hummingbird Flits down the tunnel, taking care not to be caught in the smoke that is gathering near the top. As she moves further down she can hear the sound of voices in a language she can't understand...it sounds guttural and full of awful noises. As she carefully moves down the passage she comes to a corner around which she's sure a campfire has been set...she lands and sticks her head carefully around the corner. There are two goblins at a campfire eating what she hopes is goat...One of them says something to other, gestures at it's meat and then leans back and puts its arms up in mock fear. "Noooo, Pleeezzz," it screams. The other laughs, and Hummingbird begins to feel sick.

Character sheets
.[tabs:Rigel Brimsley]Cliche's remain the same: Soldier 2, hunter 2, "Acheologist" 1
Inventory
  • Bayonet
  • shirt
  • pants
  • jacket
  • flint and steel
  • tinder
  • hatchet
[tabs:Absculian]Takes some damage!: Soldier 2, Mage 1.
Inventory
  • Flint and steel
  • Dagger: glowing
  • shirt
  • pants
  • jacket
  • healing potion (1 use)
[tabs:Hummingbird]Cliche's remain the same. Mad inventor 3, fairy 2, Archer 1
Inventory
  • Crossbow
  • bolts for crossbow
  • Toolbelt
  • Miner's helmet with magic powered lamp
  • magic powered stun stick (3 charges)
  • 3 potions
[/tabs]

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: An Adventure Begun Badly... (Recruiting, Turn 4)

Post by nikohl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 am

Hummingbird will flit onto a high point that is still hidden but offers her some stability, then carefully line up a shot on the first goblin with her crossbow. Once it has returned to eating and is still, and she has steadied her breathing and calmed herself, she will shoot it in the head.

(Called shot/sneak attack type of thing if possible.)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:48 am

Rigel stands up and tightens the grip around his hatched. Then he steps forward and picks up the spear the destroyed corpse just dropped. With it, he can keep his distance to the burning one, and still attack. Trying to be as sneaky as possible and trying not slip again, he advances until he is one spear length away. If he manages to get behind the burning corpse, he will try to take it's head off with a long swing of the spear, while it is still heading for Absculian. If it turns, he will jump back.

sneaking, not tripping and use of spear sounds more like hunter than soldier, so I will use the hunter cliche this time.

Suggestion for Absculian: Get away from the corpse as quick as possible. Kick things in it's way to slow it down. Cliche soldier.
:zzz:

Questions
Mutters to Themself

Turn 6

Post by Questions » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:57 am

"Back up," Rigel shouts. Absculian backs away from the corpse as quickly as he can, the flaming corpse lighting up the tunnel brighter than any torch could. Rigel tries to swing his spear at the corpse, but finding the tunnel too small to swing the spear, he instead lunges and give a hard thrust through the corpses back and pins it to the wall on it's chest. It spear, trapped between it's body and the wall, points straight up and flames lick the ceiling of the tunnel. The corpse shrieks as it reaches out with a burning hand toward Absculian and opens and closes it. "You," it says, "you should not be here." Rigel glances from the corpse to Absculian, getting his first real look at him...He wears a motley assortment of clothing and a soldier's jacket, and holding onto his arm at the left elbow is a hand from one of the corpses.

Hummingbird flits up to the wall and finds a spot that must have been a place to hang a torch once. She lands and steadies her breathing and her nerve...She checks to make sure her crossbow is loaded and glares at the goblin that had been making fun of her dead companion. Slowly she raises the crossbow to her shoulder, and watches him talk and laugh. When he finally leans back over the food and starts to raise another bite to his mouth she puts him in her sights and pulls her trigger. The crossbow makes soft click and loud thwum, and the goblins slouches into his food. The other goblin grabs a dagger and jumps to his feet, and looks around. Hummingbird won't be able to hide for long, and if this guy calls for help she'll be in a world of hurt.
► Show Spoiler
Character sheets
.[tabs:Rigel Brimsley]Cliche's remain the same: Soldier 2, hunter 2, "Acheologist" 1
Inventory
  • Bayonet
  • shirt
  • pants
  • jacket
  • flint and steel
  • tinder
  • hatchet
[tabs:Absculian] Cliche's stay the same: Soldier 2, Mage 1.
Inventory
  • Flint and steel
  • Dagger: glowing
  • shirt
  • pants
  • jacket
  • healing potion (1 use)
[tabs:Hummingbird]Cliche's remain the same. Mad inventor 3, fairy 2, Archer 1
Inventory
  • Crossbow
  • bolts for crossbow
  • Toolbelt
  • Miner's helmet with magic powered lamp
  • magic powered stun stick (3 charges)
  • 3 potions
[/tabs]

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:19 am

Hummingbird decides not to get close to that dagger, and reloads while the goblin is looking around, lining up another shot quickly. She aims a shot for his head, not wanting to take the chance of leaving him merely wounded.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:31 pm

"Explain that" Rigel says to the corpse. "Why we should not be here? What is here?"
If it is already burned to final death or doesn't answer, he asks Absculian. "Finally, we won. Good to see somebody who moves cause he is still alive too. Since you do not seem to be undead, please introduce yourself, sir."

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:56 am

Can you please update me what is going on? I need to read to much in too many games and I don't have time for it...
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:14 am

The udates are very short and only 3 so far, you should really read them, could not write it much shorter, therefore better read the original. :)

we got lost and seperated, undead appear, we fight. Rigel (my char) found Absculian (yours) and helped, but the fight is not over yet. Humminbird is somewhere else in the dungeon/crypt/ruins.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 am

If the battle is finished, Absculian answers Rigel:

"I am Absculian. A former soldier of Nograk*. I used to be in a special unit of mage-soldiers. Now I'm seeking adverntures. I'm not exactly sure how I ended up here, I just entered the cave... I'm missing my sword. I need it to cast more powerful spells and I fight better with it than this butter knife. And who are you?"

Else he throws his knife at the remaining undead from a distance.

*I just made up the name. If you want you can change it to anything that matches the campaign.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 am

"Sir Rigel Brimsley, explorer, adventurer, acheologist, at your service. I once was a soldier as well. I am glad my help was appreciated and I made it here in time. If you want, let's take a look around, maybe we can find your lost weapon as well as mine. You do not happen to have seen a rifle around here, do you?"

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:05 am

"A rifle? No. I don't think so. I never understood how to use these things. What was bad with the good old crossbows we had? " Absculian answers.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:07 am

"The reloading time." Rigel says with a sarcastic grin. "I didn't see many who where able to fire a second or third round with a crossbow, except during a siege."

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:13 am

"I thought those rifles also had a long reload time. If you ask me, the normal bows are better. They just take a lot of practice, but once you master it... No that I know many who do know to use them. We fought some elves once in a battle. I swear, those things can shoot 5 arrows in a second! What a battle that was..."
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:18 am

"The newer ones have clips, so can shoot a few times before reloading. But let us not talk about our individual preferencies, let's try to get our equipment back and find a way out of here." Rigel suggests and takes a good look around, trying to find anything of interesst. Runes, symbols, mechanisms and so on.

Using Archeology cliche.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:14 am

Questions wasn't here since the 30th of july, I fear this is another abandoned game. :(

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 am

Yeah, maybe. Well, he might have internet problems or something - we'll see!

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:56 am

He disappeared once for a long time, I fear he might do it again. I wont be surprised if we wont see him for a while... :(
► Show Spoiler