Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Lands of Gorder.

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Quentin heads back to the village with the rest of the group.

Ciela will tag along & scout.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Everyone returns to Farmrest. As you step into the green grass of the glade the town is in you notice smoke coming out of the barracks. The guards and the orcs charge over and soon you find out what happened. It seem while everyone was away someone want into the barracks and used foul magic to warp the spears inside and burn the mattresses. Hunter who had just returned said he manage to sneak a glance at who did it. He said he saw a woman warping the spears but as soon as he burst in the woman suddenly faded from sight and he was unable to get a closer peek at her.

Night is setting for the group and you should rest.

EXP
1500 for the days work for everyone.

Stopping the bear +1 to Farmrest.

Alerting the army to the ghouls presence. +1 to imperial soldiers.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

► Show Spoiler
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:38 am

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Quentin, in the privacy of his mind, is quietly disgruntled about having had the right idea, but still it wasn't enough to prevent anything. SO frustrating! :wall:

Ciela keeps on surveillance mode.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed May 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Mu'Laek bids the group good-night and goes to the inn to try to get some sleep.

(GAH! I keep trying to update Mu'Laek's sheet, and each time I do, something happens that erases all my work! First there was a power outage, than firefox glitched and crashed, and now today, I went to minimize firefox and wound up closing it by mistake. AAARGH!)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

( sorry moving into my new apt so i've been real busy. Try and see if you can update your sheets and i'll try to update soon.)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon May 06, 2013 3:36 pm

The group gets a good nights sleep before awakening and coming downstairs to eat. Theirs alot of hushed whispers about a army of undead creatures hiding just beyond the forest and the villagers look scared and tired. Some comment on the lack of travelers and some think it's because whatevers is in the forest is keeping them at bay. Some even worry that the other choosen won't be able to break through and get to farmrest.
You also notice several scruffy looking imperial orcs eating breakfest in the corner. Even as you eat you can't help but notice them snapping at the waitress for not bringing the food fast enough. It looks like they had a long night.

A small village boy comes to your table to bring a message. In the late of new events Bromwick is called all those with some power to a meeting at his home. He coridially invites the group to come and meet with them and discuss what the next plan is.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 am

Quentin prepares new Spells (will edit them in later) and follows the invitation.

Ciela stays in surveillance mode.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue May 07, 2013 1:47 am

Etta follows Quentin, bringing her equipment - firstly she doesnt want to risk it being stolen by any more sneaky goblin infiltrators, and secondly you can never be too prepared.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 am

Cambrek will follow along as well, meditating on the battle the previous day.
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue May 07, 2013 4:49 pm

► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed May 08, 2013 12:50 am

Mu'Laek goes to the meeting in hopes of learning what the plan is.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:13 am

Tog moves along with with rest
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed May 08, 2013 2:47 am

I would LIKE to update the character sheet, but someone has to tell me HOW to do that, please. Ok, I roll 1D4 (wizard) for HP and what else? Do I gain any spells just from leveling up? Any skill points? Any other stuff?
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 pm

The group arrives at Bromwicks home and are ushered into the dinning area which is full of people. To one side their is a pale man in green robes gingerly sipping from a wine glass. You notice he seems to be sweating alot but he doesn't seem to even notice it as falls from his pale head. Next to him is a thickly built man with black hair who hovers over the green robed mans shoulder. You can also see Tenel drinking from a flask and Hunter who wounds looks healed up. Allbright is also there.

" Welcome everyone" says bromwick taking off his blue hat. " I don't think everyone has meet the chosen. Mu'laek, Etta Quentin, Cambrek, and uh...Orc friend of theirs? This is Borik of Boriks winery and our local wizard and his personal Servant Grevik. I was hoping they would hear us out and help us."

Borik raises his glass and nods to everyone fixing them all with a eye to eye stare before returning to drinking his glass. Grevik ignores you compeletly.

" Now, as you all know their is now a new threat to our village. Undead were found in the forest in large numbers and we don't know how many their might be. Add that with the raise of wildmen forces and the frogs raids and we face a serious threat that even your garrison might not be able to match. I was hoping that togather we could forumulate a plan on what to do next. Any suggestions?"
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu May 09, 2013 1:47 pm

"Our 'Orc friend' is named Tog. He's proven himself to be a loyal and useful ally at this difficult time - I'm sure you all will extend to him the same hospitality you have to us, especially after his efforts in alerting the guard to the Undead attack?" Etta smiles politely as she speaks to Bromwick, then sits back and listens to what other people have to say about the threats and plans.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

" Ah Torg. Good to know everyones names." Bromwick says than he turns to Allbright. " you've fought wildmen before when you were stationed at the Oilintun. What do you have to say about their tactics.

Allbright sips his cup and shrugs. " Most wildmen we fought fled at the first sight of imperial troops. They don't have the strength and skill to match our training and armor. Most used hit and run tactics but the ones here are actually fighting us longer. The frogmen especially even though it's costing them dearly. They throw themselves against us as if they have nothing to lose. If I had the numbers I'd take a garrison of orcs and wipe out their whole damn village."

Borik chuckles as place his glass down. " The frogmen have lived in those swamps since they were tadpoles. They know every pool and every fern. Even with a full garrison of brutal orcs you'd have difficulty taking them down...No what we should be worried about is this two headed giant that Hunter has told us about. From what I can gather from one of the remains of his undead minions he's using a very difficult and ancient witchcraft called blood magic. It involves the use of bones and blood to gather power and inflict harm upon those who wish him harm. Very good for curses as well. I think he's in the center of all this somehow."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat May 11, 2013 7:07 pm

"Actually, Allbright, from what our group has gathered, it appears the Frogmen are fighting because they have everything to lose. They do not appear to be in this fight willingly; rather the two-headed giant appears to be holding their breeding grounds and eggs at swordpoint, forcing them to fight." Mu'Laek says in response. "As for a next move..." Mu'Laek pauses and thinks for a while. "I wish I could say I had a plan of action, but the wildmen have been very effective at keeping us fighting reactively. Our best bet would be to start an offensive, but I know not where we would even begin."
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 am

" I know one place" Allbright says " Those frogmens village is somewhere in that swamp and it's not big enough to hide in forever. The swamps aren't that bad. We take them out than we no longer have to worry about the disease balls they sling at us" Allbright takes chuckles and leans back on his chair. " Plus we get to take out wildmen heretics.

" But if they being used against their will perhaps we could free them and gain a ally." Bromwick suggests.

" Pft, We don't need the help of frog heretics to win this fight. We have the power of the empire behind us and I won't cheapen with the primitive worshippers of mud statues..." Allbright says his voice taking on a zealous tone directed at Bromwick who quickly shuts up and wipes his brow nervously with a rag..
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am

"Allbright, I do not think that the frogmen would be so easily defeated, and not without significant casualties. As you mentioned, their diseased balls would cause a problem...I am more inclined to attempt to ally with them, as Bromwick suggested. They may be heretics to the empire, but so once were the humans here, and now many loyally serve her. If we aid them at this time, it would make them react more favorably in the future, and perhaps we could gain concessions from them after we have saved their young...Get them to agree to become more civilized, or at least tolerate the empire and its citizens in the swamps..." Cambrek will say, looking at the others. "I say we see if the Frogmen will lead our forces to where the ettin is holding their spawning grounds hostage...Or at least some of us, if they will not trust a large group. We can attempt to drive the Wildmen from there and fortify the area against further incursion...And if we find the Ettin...He is the main threat. Without him, the wildmen have no leader and the undead may simply go feral or perish."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun May 12, 2013 1:49 pm

"I agree the frogmen might be valuable allies, even if our views don't align with theirs. But they weren't exactly happy to see us before. We should tread carefully if we do parlay with them again in future, their fear and anger could spill over and be directed at us."
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 pm

► Show Spoiler
" The dwarfs thinking is sound" Borik says standing up. " and I might be of some help should they not corporate. I can use divination magic to scout the swamps and try to discover the breeding grounds on my own. It will take time though. It would be easier if the frogs just told us but they are renown for being anti social to anyone but their own. It will be hard to gain their trust even with the Ettins knife hovering over their throats. I agree with Etta here. Any talks with them must be handled with care and tact." He says and than glances at Allbrights growing red face " If their were no imperials their i'm certain the talks would go easier. Allbright hasn't made many friends outside this village."

" You would dare cross the emperors own laws Borik. Of all people I would expect loyalty from you." Allbright snarls at him.

Boriks chuckles in his drinks and turns a icy stare at Allbright.
" Don't speak to me of the emperor.. Unlike you I have actually talked to the man and I would expect his judgement to fall alongside mine. In the face of these numbers allies cannot be turned away. The man on the throne is very tactical or else how would he have held him empire for so long."

Borik than turns to everyone else.
" I would point out that their is someone out there who properly knows more than the rest of us and might be willing to share that info. In the woods their lives a old charm maker."
" You mean a witch" Mutters a surly Allbright.
" Hardly. I know the differences between a witch and a powerful druid Allbright unlike you. She makes charms and runes for Wildmen and villagers from these village. The wildmen almost worship her for charm makers are rare nowadays and have connections to the spirits and ancestors. She would know the locations of Wildman camps and more info on this Ettin. Perhaps seeking her out might be of some help."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed May 15, 2013 3:21 pm

► Show Spoiler