Lands of Gorder.

Home to all current Forum Games.
Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Re: Lands of Gorder.

Post by Donnigan » Wed May 15, 2013 4:56 pm

► Show Spoiler

"This Charm Maker sounds intriguing. However, you mentioned she makes these charms for both villagers and Wildmen? We need to be sure which side she shall fall under...I suggest talking with her first then...Then perhaps the Frog people. Or two delegations, if we do no have enough time."
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 pm

► Show Spoiler
"We could try to defeat the hydra again. If we succeed, that might get the frog people onto our side..." Quentin pipes in.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu May 16, 2013 1:37 pm

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 16, 2013 3:34 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 am

"oh, yes. The hydra. Forgive me for not being too enthused with that plan, but the damn thing near bit me in half last time we stumbled across it. Not that I wouldn't like to get my own back for that, it's just going to be difficult to get the jump on it in it's native environment. Perhaps the Charm Maker is a safer first stop."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am

I already lure it away from you once, I not like to do that again.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri May 17, 2013 1:40 pm

"We could try to defeat the hydra again. If we succeed, that might get the frog people onto our side..."
" Hydra?" Bromwick says with wide eyes " What Hydra?"
"oh, yes. The hydra. Forgive me for not being too enthused with that plan, but the damn thing near bit me in half last time we stumbled across it. Not that I wouldn't like to get my own back for that, it's just going to be difficult to get the jump on it in it's native environment. Perhaps the Charm Maker is a safer first stop."
I already lure it away from you once, I not like to do that again." I'm sorry? What bloody hydra!?" Allbright asks rather loudly.
" The hydra in the swamps." Borik says in a bored tone. " Been plaguing the frogmen for a while now. Another good reason why taking a garrison into the swamps isn't a bright idea. Facing off a cousin of the dragons might be more than your up to fighting Allbright."

Quentin asks some general questions starting with a ambush site. Borik suggests a old imperial fort that was used about 100 years ago when wildmen where fighting in force. It's been abandoned for a while now and in disrepair but it would work for hiding and than jumping out at a foe.. Hunter says he can properly find a ambush site in the woods but the wildmen might already be aware of it having been living in these woods for a while.

The question of bait comes up. Allbright mentions that the frogmen and wildmen got pretty peeved with the destruction of the old god statue. Perhaps dragging off the pieces and threatening their further destruction might be enough to bring them out of hiding.
Borik suggests that perhaps the charm maker could be the bait. She is highly valued amongst the wildmen and they would likely willingly throw their lives away for her. Of course controlling the charm maker would be difficult. She has alot of power, enough to discourage Allbright and his zealness from tracking her down. Allbright falls into a angry silence after this comment.

The question of the animals come up but no one knows much about it. Hunter says he's met a few druids during his wild corp days and this is not like them. He says their more like silent observers than vengeful destroyers and wouldn't harm the animals under their care. Borik says the work on the animals is clearly a twisted from of druidric magic and witchcraft.

No one is quite clear on where the wildmen came from. Allbright thinks that since their hostile that their clearly under command of Roeriks the leader of the wildmen rebellion that has been going on since the empire claimed complate control over Gorder. But he has no further proof of that.

everyone lapses into silence to think of any plans they could make to create using that info.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed May 22, 2013 2:18 am

"I wasn't trying to learn about a possible ambush the frogmen, as I think co-operation would be the key with them, I was trying to learn about an ambush suited for the hydra or two headed giant, who is behind all this." Quentin remarks. "But the information about that fort is good to have. Maybe we could get some supplies there, take a couple of orc with us as guards just in case (no more than 8, as we don't want an army there just someone to keep us safe when/if we are away or sleep there) and thusly have a safe spot in the swamps to return to. Coming back into the village in between "missions" does eat a lot of time. Also, it would be good if we could find a way to communicate with the village, in case there is another emergency. Like sending up color coded lights and/or horn sounds and/or use messenger birds. Do we have any resources for that?"

OOC, @ GM: What excatly are the wildmen? Are they humans, are they their own race, are they some form of animal-humans? Do we know if they possess any special skills or abilities (e.g. casting magic spells, going into a rage, camouflage,...)? Can they easily infiltrate Farmrest, or would they be spotted (without use of magic on both sides)? Do we have any idea where they are located in relation to the other POI?

btw. some kind of "territorial map" would be nice, if that isn't too much to ask.

@ team: Generally, I would suggest some or all of us going to the charm maker. There, ask her if she is willing to make a charm to protect the village (or at least the innocent percentage of the population) from harm. (e.g. the ones that didn't want to tear down they statue of the local deity and that are suffering now along with everyone else, nonetheless) If she makes it, bring it back to the village and put it up (or if there are many small ones, hand them out to the population and have them hang it up in their individual homes). (Screw Allbright if he's against it. Find some way around his "authority". From the last few updates I think he is just a pompous, overzealous "trouble maker" that got into a somewhat high position and now thinks he has to tell people how to live their lives. I don't want to risk open confrontation with the Empire, but it seems that he backs off rather fast, if you use the right words...)
Also, ask the charm-maker about the situation at hand and maybe political and/or tactical advice and/or how to resolve this whole conflict situation. Maybe we only need to get some of them to TALK to find a common basis.

@ GM again: How likely would it be that the Empire really cared about a thing like this (the statue of the deity, hanging up charms etc.), and have forces come investigate and or "re-invade" the country? Is there any way to know if those acts of vandalism were indeed backed up by the law of the Empire or even an order from someone up high (emperor, if there is one) or if this might have just been the idea of the local captain (allbright) and has no foundation/reason, or maybe even, if they would learn about it, the emperor would be outraged about how his loyal military treats his subjects?
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm

(I agree about visiting the charm maker.)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:27 am

Tog looks around slightly distracted and not sure how he should react. He stays silent though.

Going to the charm maker sounds good to me
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 pm

► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Fri May 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Cambrek agrees with visiting the Charm maker soon and then perhaps having her or someone in the know setting up another meeting with the Frogmen to perhaps convince them to allow us to help them.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:52 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm

► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:29 am

No worries Jacon, see you when you're back, hope you feel better soon & get less stress at work :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:44 am

nikohl wrote:No worries Jacon, see you when you're back, hope you feel better soon & get less stress at work :)
Seconding that.
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:04 am

"I wasn't trying to learn about a possible ambush the frogmen, as I think co-operation would be the key with them, I was trying to learn about an ambush suited for the hydra or two headed giant, who is behind all this. But the information about that fort is good to have. Maybe we could get some supplies there, take a couple of orc with us as guards just in case"
" Now he wants my orcs" Grumbles Allbright but Borik waves his hands.
" Consider it done. The fort is a good defensive position with eyes on the swamp. A little repairs and it would give us a fallback position in case the wildmen attack us en mess. Allbright will send four of his orcs to help you though if your looking for supplies you won't find much. Only a few rusty old swords and shields perhaps." Borik says waving his hand to silence Allbright protests.
"Also, it would be good if we could find a way to communicate with the village, in case there is another emergency. Like sending up color coded lights and/or horn sounds and/or use messenger birds. Do we have any resources for that?"
" Well you yourself are a wizard. I believe their is a minor cantrip that allows you to shoot balls of light in the sky. I can teach it to you, it's fairly minor magic. I can also make a bead that when thrown into a fire will cause the smoke to have a blue color. I will prepare several for your group when I return to the winery."
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 pm

"I didn't want to look for supplies in the abandoned fort, I wanted to bring some there, so we could genuinely use it as a base for future operations. I was talking about food, mainly, so we could return there, have a bite to eat and rest up and then go back to where we are needed, without having to go back all the way to the village all the time." Quentin clarifies.
"That spell sounds very interesting and the little capsules to be thrown into fire, too. Do you have a system, which color means what, already, or do we have to think of one? In any case I would be thrilled if you could teach me the spell, please."
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

" . We don't have alot of food since our granary burnt down but a few weeks of ration food shouldn't be to hard. I'll have Bromwick prepare a wagon for you. We don't have a system for the capsules.. I never felt the need to offer them up to the village since the guards don't go out of the town to patrol."
Borik quickly opens a rather large tome and flips through it's page. With ease he goes through the rather simple spell with Quentin helping her write the arcane words into her own spellbooks.

( Quentin has added Dancing Lights to her spellbook.)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:35 am

"Well, let's load up with supplies and head out, shall we? No time like the present, I suppose the charm maker will be expecting us by now. Ladies like her are not often caught unaware."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:18 pm

The group starts off towards the ruined fort which is on the way to the charm maker. They are joined by five large orcs carrying food and camping supplies. The group moves out of the village into the swampy region. They walk for several hours trying to ignore the orcs who snap angrily at each other over small matters like bumping into someone. Finally they reach the fort.

The fort might have once have been formidable but now their are several large gaps in it's defense. The outer stone wall is breaking down and has several large holes to walk through it. Inside the walls is a large single stone building built to be a mini fortress. A large stone door is set in it's middle and you can archer slots on the second floor.
The Orc leader who's name he told you was Topek glares at the place.
" Ain't much to look at now." He mutters " My grandfather use to tell me that places like these was the way the empire won the war with you gorderians. Once a place like this was up it took countless lives to breach it's defense. I guess age will beat even the best of castles."
With a shrug he turns to the group.
" So, you gorderians are in command here. What should we do? Set up camp or search the place?"
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:06 am

"I say search first, just in case there are animals or monsters here that could ambush us while we are setting up our camp."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:13 pm

"Yes, searching the perimeter is always a good idea before digging oneself in." Quentin agrees. To help, he sends Ciela on a surveillance round.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:27 am

Tog helps investigate the ruin focusing mostly on what have been in the area.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Torg and the orcs go inside the fortress followed by the rest of the group. It takes three strong orcs to open the front door. As they move the heavy stone door aside suddenly three monkeys come sprinting out ducking and weaving beneath the feet of the group. After the surprise theirs a few gruff chuckles from the orcs before they go inside..
Inside theirs a round room that might have once been a war room/armory and dining room. Theirs a few weapons racks on the wall but the weapons on them have long turned to rusty useless blades. Theirs also small tables for eating but most are cracked and broken and the chairs for them are no better. You certainly wouldn't wanna risk sitting in them. Torg looks around and finds a few monkey feces scattered about but nothing else to suggest what has been here. Theirs doors at the end of the room which the orcs make their way towards since nothing has sparked their interest here. A orc opens a door and is instantly knocked on his ass by a very large chimp who shrieks loudly beating the orc about the face with his fists. ( 2 damage.) With a snarl the orc knocks the monkey off him ( 5 nonlethal.) and manages to backstumble towards the others orcs who raise their weapons.
The monkey is joined by two others and surprisingly a boy of about 17 summers armed with a staff. He's wears only simple leather pants and several wooden symbols hang from his neck and long corded hair. Blue and red tribal tattoos cover his body. He seems to be of rioga descent. He spits out several insulting words in common, orc, and dwarven. Those who understand him get the idea that these langauges aren't his first and he's not very good at speaking them. Despite the obvious grammar flaws and several missing words from sentences the point seems pretty clear. He saying as best as he can " fuck off, my place."

Ciele scouts above the building but only notices local wildlife such as squirrels and monkeys.