Lands of Gorder.

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Lands of Gorder.

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 am

Jacon, I hope you don't take this badly, but I tend to get confused somewhat by your description of the combat (which is very nice to read and colorful/descriptive), so could you please post a summary of how MANY foes are still in fighting condition at the end of the turn?
Because I have no idea whether or not there are any ghouls "left", and if so, how many (you still list their initiative rating, but as far as I can remember the last ghoul until the main force comes in, was under Cambrek and he killed it from what I gather from your description). The wild-man that Etta shot in the throat, is he out completely, or will he recover (if we can tell that)? What about the other two that got barreled by Hunter? Are they just prone, or dead or what?

Quentin retreats slowly with Cambrek, while trying to stay out of reach/detection of any hostiles.

Ciela scouts the immediate (and further, as possible) surroundings again, letting the party know of any danger she finds.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:25 am

Good idea. I will post a summery of living foes at the end of the updates.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:37 am

Tog sniffs at the potion he was just handed, and then proceeds to drinking it. If he feels better he will follow them back to the rest of the group fighting
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:29 am

Theis2 wrote:Tog sniffs at the potion he was just handed, and then proceeds to drinking it. If he feels better he will follow them back to the rest of the group fighting
Aren't you supposed to get the Healer and the Imperials?
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 am

I think he send another orc to do that.

If that isn't the case, then I will search for them instead.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:27 am

Mu'Laek swings his blade at another wildman, then takes a 5-foot step back toward Farmsrest.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 am

( all wildmen are dead.)
"The plan is kill them all, Hunter - or do you have a problem with that?"
"Hopefully Reinforcements are on their way. We should, however, still make an orderly retreat towards the town."
The group rallies once more and makes a small retreat backwards. Cambrek casts cure moderate wounds on himself healing himself for 13 points of damage. Than out of the bushes come crashing a large group of roaring, snarling ghouls. 15 in number they come rushing towards you in a dead sprint. They'll be here next turn. Etta takes a shot at them and hits one in the chest for six points of damage. It's still on it's feet and still charging despite the steel bolt in it's chest.
" Good plan..." Hunter says sulkily as he raises his sword and axe for battle.

Ciele doesn't see anything new.

Torg sniffs the waterskin. It has a nutty smell. With a shrug he gulps it down and is healed for about 3 points of damage. ( wow those rolls suuuucked.)
He than, at least for the moment charges after the other orcs.

Stats
Quentin:
hp 9/21
invisible.

Cambrek:
23/28.
Mage armor

Mu'laek
22/30
Prone.

Hunter:
6/???

ghoul: 7
6/??

Foes:
15 ghouls.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 am

"Now would be a brilliant time for your horrible-monster-scaring-roar, my friend. Make it a big one!"

Etta holds her action until after Cambrek casts Turn Undead, and shoots at anything that isn't fleeing shortly thereafter. If he doesn't or can't cast for whatever reason, she shoots the one she shot previously.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 am

"Moradin, I pray to you. These unholy creatures are foul abominations in your eyes. Help your servent in his time of need. Destroy his enemies and show your power as the Soulforger, and will sing your praises until he is unable. " Cambrek prays, then turns to face the horde. "Foul creatures of the night! Begone from this land and plague these good people no more! BEGONE!"

Cambrek will use Turn Undead when all of them are in range. Invisible castle is out, so can you please roll.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:54 am

Quentin stays out of the way for the time being. Unless someone from the team wants to be enlarged, etc., in which case he casts the appropriate spell on them.

Ciela scouts the immediate (and further, as possible) surroundings again, letting the party know of any danger she finds.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 am

Tog continues on but remains at a distance and stick to ranged attacks.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:09 am

Mu'Laek stands ready next to Cambrek, striking any ghouls that get within range.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:31 pm

( Etta, 24, Wildmen 23, Hunter 16, Mu'laek 13, Cambrek 11, Quentin 8, ghouls 2,)

"Now would be a brilliant time for your horrible-monster-scaring-roar, my friend. Make it a big one!" Etta shouts reloading her crossbow and than taking aim at the head of a running ghoul.

"Moradin, I pray to you. These unholy creatures are foul abominations in your eyes. Help your servent in his time of need. Destroy his enemies and show your power as the Soulforger, and will sing your praises until he is unable. "
Cambrek prays holding his medal close, Than he turns and raises it high above his head.
"Foul creatures of the night! Begone from this land and plague these good people no more! BEGONE!"
Cambreks voice booms with power and his once again his eyes become blue with power. The five foremost ghouls stop charging and with a shrill shriek of fear the five turn and flee into the forest. Etta upon seeing whom are fleeing raises her crossbow and takes aim at the wounded ghoul. A sudden misstep sends her bolt flying into Mu'laeks armor which luckily keeps it from piercing his flesh. ( critical fail.)
Hunter takes a deep breath and than shouts " FOR FARMREST YOU ROTTING SHITS!" And with a snarl charges into the group whirling about with axe and sword. Sadly the blows are dodged by the ghouls.
Mu'laek manages to strike down the wounded ghoul that Etta hurt before cleaving it's head off.

Quentin for the moment doesn't do anything.

The ghouls attack the foremost members which are Hunter, Mu'laek and Cambrek. 3 attack Mu'laek but he expertly throws them off. another 3 attack Cambrek. One draws a AOO which Cambrek lands doing 11 points of damage to it. The other two misse. The last three chomp on Hunter. One hits doing 6 points of damage.

Ciele flies overhead and spots a group of five wildmen coming up behind the ghouls. They have javalins out and will likely attack with them next turn once they pop out behind the attacking ghouls. . He can also see another large group of ghouls coming in the distance. She hears orc cries coming from the towns direction.

Stats
Quentin:
hp 9/21
invisible.

Cambrek:
23/28.
Mage armor

Mu'laek
22/30
Prone.

Hunter:
12/???

ghoul: 8
11/??

ghoul 9:
prone.

Foes:
9 ghouls.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:51 pm

"Oops - sorry!" Etta grins, seeing Mu'Laek is not wounded by her shot.

She reloads and shoots again, at one of the ghouls on Cambrek. She hopes to free him up for another Turning attempt, unsure if he can do it many more times.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:24 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Die, misbegotten creations!" Cambrek shouts, attacking any ghoul he can get between him and another party member, focusing on any wounded Ghouls.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 am

Quentin moves towards the group of wildmen and casts sleep onto as many of them, as he can. If it will help him stay invisible, he'll use Ciela as medium.

Ciela helps Quentin by delivering the sleep spell (if this improves his chances at staying invisible - as far as I understood it, the sleep spell doesn't count as an "attack", therefore the invisible spell should stay in place, but I don't KNOW for sure, and generally I'm rather safe than sorry), else she stays out of the way and scouts the immediate (and further, as possible) surroundings again, letting the party know of any danger she finds.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:36 am

Tog slowly keeps moving forward to the battle site.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:05 am

( Etta, 24, Wildmen 23, Hunter 16, Mu'laek 13, Cambrek 11, Quentin 8, ghouls 2,)

Etta fires another wild shot and the five wildmen appear from beyond the ghouls clutching their javalins. They send them flying in the direction of the chosen. one of them connects into Mu'laek piercing his leg dealing 7 points of damage as well.
Hunter swings about piercing a ghouls legs with his sword and than chopping the same ghouls head off with a mighty swing of his axe.
Mu'laek manages to wound a ghoul for 7 points of damage.
Cambrek aiming for a wounded ghoul misses.
Quentin sneaks up on the wild men and starts chanting the spell of sleep under his breath. Suddenly one of the wild mens eyes roll in the back of his head and he topples over while another wipes the sleep from his eyes. The group seems confused for a moment before one of them starts barking orders in a tribal langauge. Than he starts carefully scanning the woods and takes a step towards Quentin though it's obvious he can't see him.

The ghouls attack. Of the three attacking Mu'laek one manages to scratch him doing three points of damage. Mu'laek doesn't even feel a thing of weakness after being hit. Cambreks protects himself well from his ghouls.
Of the ones attacking Hunter one manages to hit doing 7 points of damage and Hunter goes down once more from whatever weakness that the ghouls touch inspires. The ghouls around him start mercilessly flailing away at him.

Ciele scouts the surroundings and finally can see a large pack of orcs emerging onto the group and will be their next turn. Torg is bringing up the rear.

Stats
Quentin:
hp 9/21
invisible.

Cambrek:
23/28.
Mage armor

Mu'laek
15/30
Prone.

Hunter:
19/???

ghoul: 8
11/??

Foes:
8 ghouls.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:11 am

Etta shoots at a ghoul attacking Hunter.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Mu'Laek swings at the ghoul he wounded last turn, hoping to finish it off.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Cambrek will fight defensively and attack the Ghouls fighting the Hunter.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 am

Quentin moves out of the wildman's way and casts daze on one of the ghouls that are about to attack Hunter that isn't occupied otherwise. (Unless, of course, daze doesn't work on undead. It doesn't specifically say so in the spell description, but maybe undead are immune to mind affecting spells, I dunno.) If any team member wants any of the remaining spells cast on them (or Hunter), instead, Quentin will oblige.

Ciela helps Quentin by inconspicuously darting into the bushes in the direction the wildmen is looking for the source of the sleep spell, then making as much noise with the leaves and branches as possible, before silently getting out of that general area again, hoping to distract them a bit and delay their attacks until the orcs are here.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Etta shoots a bolt into the shoulder of a ghoul doing 8 points of damage. ( critical hit.)
The One wildman helps wake up his fallen body while two others send more javalins at Mu'laek . One hits doing 7 points of damage to Mu'laek. The last one continues to search for Quentin when suddenly he hears noises from a bush nearby. With a snarl he turns and faces it and makes his way towards it. Ciele takes to the air having done her job but the wildmen see's her and sends a javalin towards her but stumbles and impales himself on his own spear. ( critical fail) Quentin ignores the dying mans gurgles and makes his way back to the party.
Hunter lies there.
Mu'laek takes a wide swing at a ghoul and misses.
Cambrek fights defensivly and goes to help Hunter. He manages to hack down the ghoul that Etta just hurt.
The ghouls attack. Cambreks easily throws off his attackers his shield and armor giving him protection.
One ghoul scratches mu'laek dealing 4 points of damage. Mu'laek feel his limbs weaken and he falls to the ground unable to move for 3 rounds.
The last two continue their attacks on fallen hunter. He takes 6 more points of damage.

Suddenly bursting out of the woods is a orc with a warhammer. With a snarl he falls upon a ghoul and sends it heads flying. With a roar seven other orcs crash into the ghouls. The orcs raw power sends ghouls crashing into trees and they hacks them to bits. The ghouls numbers are quickly reduced to a mere 2 by the orcs. The air is filled with orc war cries and with a snarl they charge further into the woods after the wildmen who turn tail and flee into the woods. two orcs stay behind to engage the ghouls.

Torg brings up the rear.

Stats
Quentin:
hp 9/21
invisible.

Cambrek:
23/28.
Mage armor

Mu'laek
8/30
Prone.

Hunter:
25/???

Foes remain.
two ghouls.

new allies:
two orcs in your position currently.
6 orcs charging after the ghouls.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:25 pm

"Yeah! Nice one, Tog - good to see you guys!"

Etta goes over to Hunter and protects him if any ghouls attack him after the orcs are done. "He needs healing."

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

"Agreed, Etta." Cambrek says, continuing to fight defensively as he kneels to use his last Cure Moderate on the Hunter.