Lands of Gorder.

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Lands of Gorder.

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 am

Whoa, our group and its immediate surroundings seem to be cursed/blessed with an unusual amount of crits (both successes and fails). How many have we had this far? :lol:

Quentin moves out of the gouls' and orcs' way and casts daze on one of the (unoccupied) hostiles that is going after unconscious Hunter or immobile Cambrek (in that priority; if any). (Unless, of course, daze doesn't work on undead. It doesn't specifically say so in the spell description, but maybe undead are immune to mind affecting spells, I dunno. If push comes to shove, Quentin will use wizard's fire instead, if this is more feasible, even if it turns him back visible.) If any team member wants any of the remaining spells cast on them (or Hunter), instead, Quentin will gladly oblige.

Ciela, content with what she has achieved with sneaky planning (that went not exactly as expected) and sheer good luck, goes back to observation duty (or, as KITT would say "surveillance mode" ^^) .
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:03 am

Undeads are immune to mind affecting abilities.

Tog continues forward towards the group

(It seemed like he still had to move a bit before arriving)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:23 am

Hunter is healed by Cambrek for 10 points while the orcs dispose of the remaining ghouls with ease. Quentin helps by shooting a ghoul in the back of the head with fire. Ahead you can hear more battle sounds and orc war cries. You can also see large blooms of smoke from a forest fire as it spreads..
Torgs walks up the group.
You can also hear the clink of metal from behind you. Several imperial soldiers are bringing up the rear including Allbright and a slightly hung over Tenel.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 am

Jacon wrote:Several imperial soldiers are bringing up the rear including Allbright and a slightly hung over Tenel.
Joke:
► Show Spoiler
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Etta searches the fallen wildmen.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:30 pm

"Guys, we should probably follow the orcs, because at some point, they will probably run into that giant..." Quentin says to his team mates. "I am not sure they can handle him, he seemed like he might still have a or two trick up his sleeve..." He makes sure to say it with low enough volume not to be overheard by Allbright & Co, though.

If Tenel is the healer from the village (sorry, I'm so terrible with remembering the names and I have quite the headache this morning, which doesn't help), Quentin get himself and Ciela healed up. He then follows the rest of his group wherever they want to go.

If they DO go after the orcs/in dircetion of the giant or hurry back to the now unguarded village, Ciela will fly ahead and scout.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 am

► Show Spoiler
I got you help, but I be too weak to help fight against the giant. He does have ghost wolves though.
Tog looks around to see if there are anyone nearby except the group and the imperial soldiers.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:02 am

"Let us move after them." Cambrek will say, using a CLW on Mu'Laek and Quentin as they follow the Orcs.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 am

Mu'Laek's still paralyzed on the ground.

(He's good at it, too! :P )

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 am

Etta looks through the fallen wildmens stuff but only finds their weapons and a few necklaces of bone and stone. Fairly worthless.
Mu'laeks lies on the ground with hunter.
Torg looks about for anyone else but doesn't see anything new.

Cambrek heals Mu'laek of 8 points.

Quentin tries to get some healing from Tenel who gives her cure light wounds prayer which heals her for 12 points of damage. He however ignores Ciele saying he'd rather reserve his spells for those humans and orcs likely to get hurt in the fighting. Than they rush off followed by Quentin and Cambrek.

The smoke gets much worse as they get closer and in it they can orcs doing battle with more ghouls and wildmen. It seems they are winning through pure brute strength but they are taking casualities. A orc drags one of his kin out of the smoke. Two javalins sticking out of his chest, his eyes blankly looking to the sky in death. Nearby they see a large orc rush into a group of four ghouls taking one down but than becoming overwhelmed as the ghouls scratched and rip out his flesh. the orc stumbles and falls.

With a snarl Allbright shouts " FOR THE EMPIRE!" and charges with his guards. Unlike the orcs who use pure strength to overcome their enemies the imperials use skill and finesse to overcome, casually cutting off limbs and heads. The ghouls have a hard time getting past their armor and it seems with the aid of the guards that the remaining force will soon be wiped out.

Both mu'laek and Hunte start to move again.

Quentin:
hp 21/21

Cambrek:
23/28.
Mage armor

Mu'laek
16/30
Prone.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:49 am

Cambrek will rush at the ghouls attacking the large orc and attempt to knock them back from him, hacking away.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Etta will run up to join the battle, sniping at distracted ghouls.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Mu'Laek staggers to his feet, gathering any dropped equipment. He spends the turn getting his bearings and making sure he's got full mobility back before doing anything.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:18 am

Tog stays back for a little while before following the rest.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:05 am

Quentin thanks Tenel for the healing, then alerts anyone who would listen (except the bad guys!) that the village is now relatively unprotected, because of the orcs and the empire guys all being here and that this would be a perfect opportunity for the enemy to have a second force attack it.
Quentin then tags along with his team mates, which ever way they choose, also attacking any hostiles on the way.

If no one goes back to the village, he sends at least Ciela there to check whether or not his suspicions are true, while he follows the rest of the group. She then tries to stay out of everyones sight even more than usual, because she's all alone, then.
If one group at least (orc of empire) listen to reason and return to the village, Ciela will stick with Quentin instead, scouting above and a little ahead/around him.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

Quentin alerts those who will listen that the village is unprotected. Hunter says he'll go back and gather a homeshift miltie in case theirs a attack.
Mu'laek shakes off his sickness and finds that everything is in order.

Quentin charges to the battle and lets a ghoul have it with a firebolt but it misses.
Cambrek charges the group pushing the ghouls back with his shield and than putting a axe into the ghouls head who topples over. WIth a snarl the ghouls turn on Cambrek when suddenly two imperial soldiers appear out of the smoke and quickly smite them.
Etta meanwhile snipes a ghoul in the shoulder dealing 5 points of damage and who turns with a hiss towards her. Suddenly someone comes up besides her and lets out a little groan.
" It'ss to fuckinggg earlly..." Tenel says his words slightly slurred. He's holding his head and looking like he has the worst hangover. With a sigh he raises he's his holy symbol made of stone and begins a prayer. Suddenly he's words become booming like Cambreks no longer slurred and a grey smoke begins to come off his body.
" YOUR PATH HAS ENDED!" He yells and the ghoul approaching them stops and stares at him as if in wonderment " THE ROADMASTER HIMSELF COMMANDS YOU TO RETURN TO YOUR REST! YOUR JOURNEY IS OVER CURSED ONES!"
The holy symbol in his hand booms with grey light and the ghouls eyes roll in the back of his head and it's body topples over lifeless. So does at least seven others who fall without a sound.
With the sudden fall in numbers the orcs and soldiers manage to best the remaining forces with ease. Despite Cambreks efforts the orc wounded by the ghouls submits to his bleeding and dies before he can be reached. The dead amongst the group numbers two dead orcs.

" A great victory for the empire!" Allbright says wiping his bloody sword. " Those wildmen will think twice before they amass like that again.."
" They've got undead...Thats worrisome" Says a tired looking Tenel.

The orcs gather in a group around their dead comrades and start chanting softly. It sounds like some kind of war prayer.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:31 pm

"...There is still the Ettin..." Cambrek will mutter, saying his own prayer for the dead, although not interfering with the Orc's ritual.
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 am

"We cannot charge after it now." Mu'Laek says to him, fully mobile now. "And as for this... I would not celebrate. I doubt this was anything more than a test or ambush. Still, we are in your debt, all of you." Mu'Laek bows to both the orcs and Allbright.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:29 am

"Phew... I'm glad you all turned up. That was getting out of hand.

I think we should regroup at the village, enough people have been hurt today."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 pm

A bit of at a loss about what to do next, Quentin respectfully watches the orcs chanting. If any item from anyone needs mending after the fight, Quentin will offer to use the "mend" spell he has prepared on it.
Then he compares the notes he had written down on the gone missing villagers with the ghouls' bodies. If he finds any obvious matches, he'll try to get them buried decently, and inform the according families.

When/if the rest of the party moves, he and Ciela will tag along/scout.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 am

Tog sticks with Quentin for the moment.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 am

"...There is still the Ettin..." Cambrek mutters scanning the surroundings but he doesn't see anything. He than mutters his own prayer for the dead.
"We cannot charge after it now. And as for this... I would not celebrate. I doubt this was anything more than a test or ambush. Still, we are in your debt, all of you." Mu'laek bows to the orcs and Allbright. Allbright just gives a sniff of disdain but the orc leader gives a short nod.

"Phew... I'm glad you all turned up. That was getting out of hand.
I think we should regroup at the village, enough people have been hurt today."

Quentin looks about the bodies and matches three of them to the missing villagers. However their seems to be a large amount of unknowns of both tribal and imperial origin. The soldiers and Tenel will handle bringing the bodies back.

" Let's head back to town." Allbright says. " Looks like the fight here is done."

The small army starts to head back to town.
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Cambrek will spend the remainder of his spells healing whichever nearest is most injured.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Mu'Laek turns and heads back to town as well.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 am

Etta heads back too.