Lands of Gorder.

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Lands of Gorder.

Post by nikohl » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:42 am

"Hey, whoa, kid. Look, we're not taking over, we just need a place to sleep. We don't want to fight you, so lets talk. Maybe we can buy a room from you for the night?" Etta says, repeating in the only two languages she knows in case he doesnt understand common - trying to talk him down before they have to hurt him.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:03 am

Quentin tries to keep the orcs from continuing the fight, because he, too, thinks that this young feral humanoid creature could be reasoned with, and that the group - and Farmrest - had enough enemies already as it was. He also repeats what Etta says in languages he speaks, but she doesn't.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

Cambrek enters behind the others, readying his weapon in case the kid still decides to attack. "We do not mean harm. We simply wish to use this site."
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:11 am

"Hey, whoa, kid. Look, we're not taking over, we just need a place to sleep. We don't want to fight you, so lets talk. Maybe we can buy a room from you for the night?"
"We do not mean harm. We simply wish to use this site."
( Etta succeeded at a 18 diplomacy. Cambrek failed to help her.)
The kid listens with his staff raised. Not alot of what you say seems to get through but he does seem to understand you mean no harm to him at the moment. He looks very nervous and keeps looking back at the orcs and Cambrek. He goes off on another mix match of languages that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You get the idea that he's properly only repeating words he's heard and doesn't actually know what they mean. You manage to pick out the words orcs, dwarves, land and kill. Seeing that you don't really understand he speaks a whole another language that he seems fluent in directed at Mu'laek. Mu'laek actually picks up a few words this time. He's speaking very old Roiga-Tua. Sadly the language has been almost forgotten and Mu'laek only knows a handful of words taught to him by the elders.
The kid seems to be saying that this is his home and he lives here with his friends. He's also asking alot of question but Mu'laek doesn't pick up a whole lot of them. One of them that Mu'laek understands is asking "why are you here?"

Meanwhile the orcs are mumbling amongst themselves and Quentin overhears them.
" Properly a wildman. We should just kill him."
" Ah, he's more than that. Look at how those monkeys obey him. That druids magic if I've seen it"
" Allbright will pay well for a druid head." Says another orc with a bloodthirsty grin.
Torpek says nothing as he's fellows orcs start to raise their weapons again.

Quentin how ever tells them to lower their weapons and they shoot him a nasty glance before looking at Torpek who nods his head in agreement. With a sigh the orcs lower their blades. " Later than." Mutters another orc.
( Diplomacy 15)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 am

Etta waits and listens (even if she doesn't understand) while Mu'Laek and the boy converse.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:57 am

Tog moves a bit forward and drop his club before squatting down and look at the monkeys.

When Tog notice the orcs raising their weapons he grab his club again and readies an action to bull rush them if they charge the boy.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:42 am

If there is a pause or something similar in the conversation between the boy and Mu'Laek, Quentin quietly informs Mu'Laek of the orc's intentions and add that it might be a good idea to warn the boy about them, because he, Quentin, doubts that they can be controlled all the time.
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 am

Mu'laek attempts to converse with the boy but he's only picking up every tenth words or so. As the two do their best to converse Torgs takes a knee and drops his cub. He takes a closer at the monkey. They look pretty normal and healthy. They do look pissed showing off their teeth and hissing at him. He keeps a short eye on the orcs ready to bullrush if one tries to attack.
Quentin takes a quick moment to inform Mu'laek of the orcs intentions who than tries his best to inform the boy. It looks like he got the guise of the message as Mu'laek stumbles over his words.
The orcs continue to grunt and complain.
" I don't see what's so hard about this. He's a wildmen, were fighting wildmen. Let's just cut his head off and get a reward" One of the orcs say with a sudden decisive snort he starts towards the human and is suddenly bull rushed by Torg who pushes the slightly smaller orc five feet back. With a snarl the surprised orc lashes out with his fist hitting Torg on the jaw for 5 nonlethal points of damage.
" What the hell do you think your doing!" The orc snarls as Torg stumbles back and suddenly two other orcs rush forward kicking and punching him dealing 13 points of nonlethal damage. The other orcs smelling a fight start forward towards Torg.
" Freak" says one of the orcs as he gives Torg a vicious jab to the face " Have you forgotten who you kin are or have you gone native!"

The boy looks very surprised by the sudden burst of violence and starts to slunk back towards the door with his monkeys.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:12 am

What kind of armor does the orcs have?

Tog spits at the ground before continuing in orcish.
No I haven't but I'm not stupid. This boy can't have taught this to himself, so he knows where there are others like him. So if you want more than a single bonus we better be on his good side for now, because we won't find the others if we aren't!

Tog awaits their reaction ready to sprint if it is necesarry to get away from them to survive.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:45 am

"KNOCK IT OFF!" Etta shouts at the orcs in a commanding tone, surprisingly loud and forceful for a small girl.

(Intimidate +10)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:22 pm

► Show Spoiler
The orcs look about ready to pummel Torg in some more who looks about ready to flee when suddenly Etta twists about and gives shout that freezes the orcs in their place.
"KNOCK IT OFF!" He yells and the orcs fall into complete silence and shuffle back towards Torpek almost shamefully. Torpek chuckles and says " I guess we know who's in command here."
► Show Spoiler
Torg spits out a small amount of blood and stands up to retort to the orcs taunts.
No I haven't but I'm not stupid. This boy can't have taught this to himself, so he knows where there are others like him. So if you want more than a single bonus we better be on his good side for now, because we won't find the others if we aren't!

The orcs mutter amongst themselves and Torg can't help but feel a few hostile stares but they seem no longer hostile.

Meanwhile the boy makes a sudden sprint for the back door he came in and slips through followed by his monkeys.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 am

"Ahem. Yes. Well. Let's go find our new friend, shall we? He's escaping." Etta seems surprised that worked so well, but isn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. She grins and jogs after the boy, stopping at the doorway and calling through it.

"Hey! Come back, we're still ...friends...mostly?" Checking her surroundings before she proceeds, she will follow the boy if she thinks the corridor is safe.

(ooc: yay for natural 20!)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:08 am

Tog follows the others, but takes note of where the monkeys went, as it is most likely easier to track them rather than the boy. (Still attempting to track the boy but not mentioning if the orc walks in the wrong direction)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:42 pm

"Ahem. Yes. Well. Let's go find our new friend, shall we? He's escaping." Etta says jogging her way to the corridor with a smile on her face. She looks down the doorway to see that the door runs north with multiple doors but at the end is a gaping hole that leads ( with a bit of a jump.) outside. She thinks she see's the tip of a monkeys tail heading outside.

"Hey! Come back, we're still ...friends...mostly?" She says. One of the orcs walks up to her
" We could bring him back, No boy is going to outrun us." He says eagerly but awaits her command.

Torg follows behind and yep, the monkeys and boys trail leads to the outside.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:23 am

"Its you he's running from, you big lump!" Etta grins. "You scared him off. Still, that's good really... At least I think it is. With you guys keeping watch round here, we might be able to call this place home without worrying too much."

Etta looks back to the others. "He's gone outside. What do you think? Shall we settle in out here? He'll come back, this is his house. But we still need somewhere to camp, and hopefully he understood when we said we weren't invading...?"

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Quentin stays back with the orcs and asks them to ind a good spot to set up camp. He sends Ciela after the monkey boy, with orders to help Etta and the others follow him.
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:13 pm

"Its you he's running from, you big lump! "You scared him off. Still, that's good really... At least I think it is. With you guys keeping watch round here, we might be able to call this place home without worrying too much."
The orc shrugs and heads back with Etta to the others.
"He's gone outside. What do you think? Shall we settle in out here? He'll come back, this is his house. But we still need somewhere to camp, and hopefully he understood when we said we weren't invading...?"
" Hmp, by law of the clan we drove him out so now it's our home." Tordek says scratching his chin.
Quentin says nothing for the moment but has the orcs set up camp in the center hall. Two orcs go off to see what they can do to block off the hole.

Ciele follows the monkey boy as he heads deeper into the woods. So far nothing exciting has happened to him so far.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:08 am

Quentin takes a look at the surroundings, while the orcs set up camp, maybe he can find some clues that tell them more about the boy and/or his teacher. He's mindfull of any traps or other hostile/dangerous stuff.
Ciela continues to follow the monkey boy.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:54 am

Tog look back at the others before muttering I scout the area

He then proceeds to scout the area for any imminent danger or tracks that might reveal what usually are in the area.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 am

"Alright, well... he probably doesn't read, if he doesn't speak much English. Maybe this'll work if he comes back."

Etta finds a piece of flat slate or wood, or if she can't find that, uses a piece of sturdy parchment from her pack, and draws a sign. She draws a monkey with a stick-figure human on the left, a smiley face in the middle, and then a group of stick figures representing herself and the group, with a campfire, on the other side. She then draws the figures again, including the monkey and boy, all sitting around the campfire.

"Well...that looks a bit rubbish. It'll have to do, though."

She puts her makeshift sign up near the door.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:09 pm

"Alright, well... he probably doesn't read, if he doesn't speak much English. Maybe this'll work if he comes back."
Etta finds a piece of wood and draws on some paper she has a monkey with a stick-figure human on the left, a smiley face in the middle, and then a group of stick figures representing herself and the group, with a campfire, on the other side. She then draws the figures again, including the monkey and boy, all sitting around the campfire.
"Well...that looks a bit rubbish. It'll have to do, though."
She puts it up next to the front door.

Torg looks about trying to get a better idea of what might have been in the area. He finds plenty of monkey tracks and dunk and even a few footprints from the boy. While searching the courtyard he finds a very large track that looks like the monkey tracks. He guesses that maybe it was a large gorilla.

Ciele keeps flying above the woods following the boy. As he rans he seems to be gathering more and more small monkeys who shriek and follow closely at his ankles.

Quentin continues searching the area. She finds some rusted weapons, a storage room which contains old moldy sacks and rotting crates none of which have anything useful in them. She finds some wildmen tools in a bedroom including flint and steel, a shortbow and five arrows, a small amount of dried meat ( 1 days ration.) A waterskin and a necklace which contains a monkeys claw that has strange symbols carved into it.

The orcs set up tents in the courtyard, gather firewood and start a small fire, they place a few logs on the broken wall where the boy got out so it's not complatly clear and send up a sentry to keep a eye at the highest point of the small fortress. Torpek comes up to Etta.
" We've continue working on this place to make it into a base of operations, If you wish you can continue unto the charm maker and me and the boys will keep a eye out. IS their anything you'd like done if your going?"
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:18 am

Ciela keeps following the monkeys & boy.
Quentin inspects the necklace.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler