Sidus Diabola - OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Sidus Diabola - OOC Thread

Post by Nerre » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:29 pm

I am trying to bring in my char now, back from holidays. :)
:zzz:

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Good to have you back
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 pm

I understand that I've left a lot of information out. This was supposed to be to keep your characters from knowing things that they shouldn't but I think it's left you guys guessing in the dark more than anything. It was also supposed to increase mystery but I think it's only increased confusion. I trust you guys not to meta-game so I will be posting a fairly huge update with important information (security procedures, day to day living, common parlance and slang around the station, important people, weapons, medical procedures, power source of the station, how the station is supplied, what brand of coffee is in the break-room and other neat stuff. I'll put it in the OOC thread and link from the first post of the OOC and the Game. Expect it late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

In addition to that, LAYF has made an awe-inspiring redesign of my map which I will post as well.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:44 am

@Bean: Feel free to ignore this if you don't want to play this way, but would it be possible to have character-specific knowledge PM'd to us individually? Might make the group dynamic a bit more interesting if it's possible to lie about these things to the other players :) Our little dysfunctional group makes me think that the odd bit of backstabbing might not be completely out of the question!

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 am

Eesh...I can feel the knives in my spine already...lol ;) this is going really fun. But LAYF is awesome at making maps, I think it's safe to say we'd all love to see it.
I am high in fructose.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 am

thinkslogically wrote:@Bean: Feel free to ignore this if you don't want to play this way, but would it be possible to have character-specific knowledge PM'd to us individually? Might make the group dynamic a bit more interesting if it's possible to lie about these things to the other players :) Our little dysfunctional group makes me think that the odd bit of backstabbing might not be completely out of the question!
Hey. This is j=such a good idea that this is exactly hwhat we will be ldoing. iim not ignor great perospn, greatidea

lalfy, map fuckon awesoem as piss. poss yoorkslf

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 am

BeanDip wrote:
thinkslogically wrote:@Bean: Feel free to ignore this if you don't want to play this way, but would it be possible to have character-specific knowledge PM'd to us individually? Might make the group dynamic a bit more interesting if it's possible to lie about these things to the other players :) Our little dysfunctional group makes me think that the odd bit of backstabbing might not be completely out of the question!
Hey. This is j=such a good idea that this is exactly hwhat we will be ldoing. iim not ignor great perospn, greatidea

lalfy, map fuckon awesoem as piss. poss yoorkslf
Bean, whatever they got you on, I hope it's as awesome as your typing makes it look. :lol:

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 am

it d hoof streng, than kik for insput. awsumn to

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:37 am

BeanDip wrote:lalfy, map fuckon awesoem as piss. poss yoorkslf
lol! I understood as far as here, but this sentence is lost on me :lol: I'm going to assume you're singing the praises of LAYF's map-making skills though.
BeanDip wrote:it d hoof streng, than kik for insput. awsumn to
This one? Not so sure, but I'm glad so many things are awesome :D

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:43 am

thinkslogically wrote:
BeanDip wrote:lalfy, map fuckon awesoem as piss. poss yoorkslf
lol! I understood as far as here, but this sentence is lost on me :lol: I'm going to assume you're singing the praises of LAYF's map-making skills though.
BeanDip wrote:it d hoof streng, than kik for insput. awsumn to
This one? Not so sure, but I'm glad so many things are awesome :D
First one is... Map is fucking awesome, please post it yourself.

Second one looks like... It's half strength, (from here we start playing probability) thank's kurik for (nothing I can think of makes a lot of sense here), awesome to.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 am

KUR foir inputs. than/ biiif podsrrtty comin i sory. don eb mad. i lik uyo plates. great fiensdsall. i tr but to zkaned atinvanm

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 am

That's okay, it can wait until you come down. :)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:31 am

Hmm.. if Kurik is to be belived:
► Show Spoiler
If not... just ignore me :)

PS. I'm not 100% that the location is correct, as it was just a temp placement, so... please await input from a more non drugged Bean or for a cryptographer to claim it as his holy duty to decipher everything ;)

And Bean.. thanks for the praise :oops: :D
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:42 pm

We're on the outer ring, but other than that there's no way to know exactly where on the ring we are anyway. It's a pretty damn good map.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:30 am

okay :) Fixed the map...

And thank you... its the first I've made of that style...
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:28 am

Alaen wrote:Oh come on you don't do yourself justice, also minority complexes are already my schtick :roll: .
Martin will make use of about everything and anything. While he's still alive, you don't get to have a schtick all to yourself.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:13 am

Even though I missed getting in on this one, I will be reading both threads with anticipation. I'm loving it!
(I'm already rooting for the twitchy guy!!)

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:17 am

It's one the most fun ones to read. Like a mini book in the making.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:24 pm

DIABOLA STAFF INFORMATION PORTAL
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Okay so there's a thing.

I don't know if it's good or not. questions are appreciated. I do realize guys, that suddenly including nanochips kind of changes the game and I'm sorry for that. It is meant to make the prison more secure though so. Everything above is something basic that every station member should know. For people like Eva who's a nurse, I would PM her specific treatments for illnesses and stuff like that. I'm still a little zapped but should be back regularly.
Last edited by BeanDip on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Hey! Welcome back Bean!

I'll look over all that later, only have a few minutes.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:39 pm

It would appear the chips don't really matter, unless the guards were fighting each other. The prisoners must have found a way around their chips locking down weapons and doors, if they were involved in that gunfight.
My game:

My characters:

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Mysterious! Or maybe BeanDip just doesn't know what the hell she's doing! Either way let's drag into into the streets and beat her until she confesses so we can burn her at the stake!

...wait a second... I'm BeanDip! :shock:

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:11 am

Well some inmates are probably hackers, so we can just Handwave this as resourcefulness of the inmates ;)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:06 pm

So it seems the followup to Sidus Diabola has been created: Viscera Cleanup Detail.
My game:

My characters: