Sidus Diabola - OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Sidus Diabola - OOC Thread

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:35 pm

A thread for players, lurkers and other interested parties to talk, chat about plans, talk about what's going on in the game, ask questions, comment, criticize or whatever you want really. :)
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Re: Sidus Diabola - OOC Thread

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 pm

So I asked in the game but this is really where I'm supposed to ask, should we talk in first or third person? D: I feel like it's important AHHH
I am high in fructose.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Third, please. It makes it easier to collect posts together. :)
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Okay *whew* good that's what I did :) thank goodness, didn't want my first post on a game to make it look like I was an idiot.
I am high in fructose.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 pm

No. I'm sure that the rest of your posts will do that.

I'M JUST KIDDING. YOU KNOW YOU'RE MY FRIEND *noogie*

:P

To answer your other question, yes most players will know your history but their characters might not.The history is for you to play off of during roleplay and explain knowledge and experience that you have ("when I served as a medic in the army we used to do blah blah blah all the time") in the context of the RP. It also helps me to look for things that might trigger good roleplaying in your character. Like if a characters parents died in a house fire that only the character survived, I might have that character be trapped in a burning room to play off the character's past. I have to scare both the players and the characters, history helps with the latter.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Alrighty, gotcha.
Annnnd *NOOGIE NOOGIE NOOGIE* don't even TRY and go there, sister.
I am high in fructose.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 pm

I would have loved to participate in this. Even knowing I couldn't play, I concocted a character who was in fact an escaping inmate who had managed to disguise himself as a computer tech [his former occupation, no less] and was simply planning on taking a shuttle off the station after the morning crew left the break room.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:02 am

Woot! We're starting!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 am

I forsee two people not getting on too well already, lol! Should be fun to play, though.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:45 am

...Yeah. Sorry! Nothing personal, she (Eva) is just a know-it-all :)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:55 am

It's alright, Felix is stubborn and will have a dig back I'm sure, but she doesn't generally take personal offense so they should get past it eventually!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:25 am

Honestly, Eva wouldn't even notice if she had caused offence; being sociable is waaay down the list of priorities compared to acing her internship.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:28 am

Debate of what can and can't be done within the rules of the station, and sensible conversation! Meanwhile, Don'thitanyone,don'thitanyone,don'thitanyone...

While other people forsee interactions between characters, I forsee Martin being given a weapon and completely screwing over everyone ever to exist on this station. Not an ideal weakness to have, but it will be fun.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 am

@Beandip
How far in the future are we and what kind of tech can we expect?

Also I really wonder how I will get involved with the others as Alan is not the type to just chat with random strangers.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

Game start, and I almost miss it because I needed sleep and then yard-work. Figures. :roll:

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm

@ Alaen

Takes place in a non-specific far future. All the tech is more advanced than our own, some is about the same but a little better, some is far more advanced. I'm not really certain what kind of tech you're looking for specifically (weaposn tech, medical tech, transport tech, etc). I have the notes on it but it's too much to type out every kind of tech that could come up. If you need info on a specific tech-type then ask and I can explain it. :mrgreen:

Also, excellent posts so far everyone. Thank you for participating

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Hey, I don't think Joel will be getting along with most people, unless they meet one of two requirements, one which is obvious and one which is less so :P
It's all just roleplay, someone's gotta be the Dr. Professor Ass D.D.S. :D
I am high in fructose.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 am

This looks pretty cool. Is this just a strictly RP game or is Bean dip rolling stuff behind the scenes?
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Mostly freeform but I do rolls or coinflips when it's appropriate. Sometimes these rolls and flips will be hidden but sometimes I like let you know that what you're about to try is up to fate (e.g "Ingrid think that she could rewire the control panel and open the elevator but there are two input cables still unattached, red and green. Only one will work and the other one will likely shut the elevator down for good.") The following hypothetical scenario would result in a coinflip if Ingrid decided to proceed.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Could we tell which direction the gunfire has been coming from? Toward or away from medbay?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Away from. I'll edit it in .

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Okay guys. I'm sorry this isn't better and it's not really detailed at all but I will be posting important information along side it explaining things a bit better. This is information that your characters would know. You will soon have a chance to question NPCs for more information. When you find a map you'll get a more detailed version of the area you are in. The maps are pretty easy to find and you won't need a map to spots doors along the hallway for example. In addition, I will attempt to post room maps when you enter a new room.
► Show Spoiler
The station is huge and pentagon shaped if viewed from the top. It consists of three "rings" with the exception of the first "intake" and last "power" levels.

*Intake: The sole exit and entrance to Diabola. Manages intake of new prisoners, visitors and a variety of other introductory functions.

*Levels 2 to 6: The actual 'prison' part of the station; all identical. Each level is colour-coded to ensure that inmates stay on their proper floors and can't steal a uniform then use it to travel through multiple floors. A properly coloured armband or coloured uniform is required.
***Center Ring: Home to the cellblocks. Prisoners and guards only unless it is an absolute emergency. Under constant surveillance from cameras and can be watched from anywhere within the Inner Ring. Is the first level to be locked down in case of an emergency.
***Inner Ring: Guards primarily inhabit this ring with some staff who work very closely with inmates. Visitors come to this ring to communicate with their loved ones inside the center ring.
***Outer Ring: The ring with the most activity. Home to the staff and residental areas along with many other important sections of the station. The largest ring aside from the center ring. Holds the only elevators and staircases on Diabola which is how you move between floors. All floors have their own laundry rooms, cafeterias, sickbays, repair shops, small stores, etc and all floors serve identical functions.

*Power: Holds what else, the recycling machines, the power systems, etc.

Sorry guys. Too tired now. Ask questions and I'll gladly fill in the blanks tommorow if it's something you're characters would know. Like I said, you'll get some NPCs for information soon.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Which floor are we currently on?
My game:

My characters:

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Dlover wrote:Which floor are we currently on?
*lurks in to admit he's reading the game thread with interest*
BeanDip wrote:"Fourth Level, Outer Ring, Break Room 10"
*lurks out*

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Thank ye Jack.
My game:

My characters: