Re: Sidus Diabola - Game Thread

Post by Nerre » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm

► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:57 am

"No, I'm not sure. But the prisoners have found weapons. Guards would not be running around with guns drawn, in such a rush, if the prisoners were unarmed. And if this were a normal power outage, I imagine the station is designed so that the cells lock the doors when the power drops. Emergency power is up now, and there is fighting, along with that guard telling the other to worry about their own level first, that means this isn't a small, isolated problem. Prisoners are likely attempting to overrun the inner and middle rings, with some bands testing the outer rings. I don't know about the rest of you, but even if the guards are able to hold, the last thing I want is for any prisoners to see my face."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:02 am

"Half the prisoners here KNOW my face... And they're perfectly nice to me. But that's when they're calm and still locked up. I doubt they'd be so friendly in this situation. So yes, let's stay the hell out of sight."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:08 am

"I imagine they quite like you for easing their problems. I brought them here. I'm sure they'll pat me on the back and congratulate me for that, right before shoving a blade between my ribs and letting me bleed to death slowly."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:32 am

"God! We don't know if ANY of that is true! Stop jumping to conclusions and let's just get to the sickbay. Something big is going on, but there's no point in panicking everyone by talking about riots!"

Eva, getting increasingly nervous about the whole situation, keeps heading to sickbay. She'll jog to keep up with the group if need be.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:45 am

"Worried are you? Don't worry, you have the near-paralyzed man to protect you."
My game:

My characters:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:50 am

"But it's against the rules to fix you, so you'll have to do!" Felix grins, continuing her quick pace along with the group. She will make a quick map in her head and if she thinks they'll pass by her dispensary, she will mention that they could detour in and pick up Martin's medicine, just in case sickbay are out of his specific pills.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:16 am

"Y'know, I had to get my dog fixed while I was living on Earth. I don't quite think I would want to be fixed. :lol:"
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:15 am

Miles keeps jogging with the group, throwing a quick, worried glance backward. "...something's not right about all this. The power should have kicked back on sooner than it did. Comms are down, prisoners are likely loose in the station... It's like everything that could go wrong decided to do so all at once." Miles keeps jogging. "...it... wait." Miles abruptly slows to a walk, then stops in his tracks. "If this black-out released all the prisoners, does that mean any prisoners in medical were ALSO released?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 am

"I'd assumed they would be handcuffed to the ward beds, like they are in movies. Movies imitate real life, right? That's why people can get shot twenty times and stand in an inferno with no permanent side effect in the big action films, isn't it? Even if they are loose, if they're in medical then they're likely to be seriously unwell and unable to harm us, right? It wouldn't be a safe zone if it was dangerous. Unless the heads decided they would only be hiring people who could beat sick prisoners into submission, in which case I've no clue why they kept me, since my charming looks aren't that good as to make people break down into uncontrollable weeping."
My game:

My characters:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:45 am

"Well, best-case they're unconscious, cuffed to the beds, under guard and so on. Middling-case, some of them got into the morphine and are having a nice little holiday/overdose in the corner and those hooked up to machines aren't doing well at all. Worst-case, they're all tweaking on whatever they got their hands on and armed with scalpels and dirty needles. Nothing we can do about any of that, though, so..."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:46 am

Knowledge check: Eva would like to remember how many patients there are in the sickbay, how they were guarded (e.g. were they restrained? are there guards posted to watch them etc.) and what condition they were in (e.g. minor injury -> critically ill).

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 am

Eva knows that there were about 120 patients inside sickbay right now. There's 85 staff members in total, not counting guards. There are always guards posted inside sickbay, with the number fluctuating depending on the amount of prisoners inside sickbay. There were 10 guards in sickbay when Eva left and 15 prisoners who were severely injured. Staff injuries at this time are not-critical with an unusual amount of complaints of sore-throats, difficult breathing, severe headaches, dizziness and blurred vision.

Prisoners with small complaints (such as colds, cuts and scrapes) are treated in a much smaller sickbay inside the Inner Ring. If the prisoner is severely injured they are stabilized inside the Inner Ring sickbay, restrained and then transferred to the larger, better equipped Outer Ring sickbay for further treatment. When inside sickbay, prisoners are under constant watch.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:40 am

OOC: thank you!

"Yeah... Or you guys could stop making up crap and just ask. We have a few severely injured prisoners at the moment, but they're guarded and restrained. Obviously. So come ON!"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:44 am

"They WERE guarded and restrained. So was every other prisoner in this place. Remember? What state the sick bay is in now, is anyone's guess. I'm just saying, we shouldn't assume it's safe now, just because it was safe yesterday."

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 am

► Show Spoiler
"I'd like to see them try anything. If they're whining about a cold, I'll give em a few new things to whine about..."
Although somewhat inebriated, Joel is brimming with confidence. He's seen the prisoners, albeit on rare occasions. Comms was nowhere near the holding cells. But he saw enough to get a gist of what to expect. Often either scrawny or obese, washed up, spoiled from the transition from the streets to three meals a day in space. Even the ones who looked dangerous were probably much more talk than walk. At least that's what he remembers seeing.
I am high in fructose.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:23 am

"I'm not arguing about this with you but even if someone ran into sickbay, freed all the prisoners and armed them with machine guns, they still wouldn't pose a threat to anyone, never mind the guards. They're here because they're seriously ill or badly injured and a couple of them will be lucky to have survived the power outage. Now can you PLEASE stop second-guessing me and MOVE!"

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 am

Alan struggles to keep up with the others, sport was never his forte.
"You know if theres one thing fiction has taught me, it's that things will always be worse than you expect, and right now theres pretty much nothing I don't expect."
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:28 am

"But... how can you actually be sure about that? For that matter, won't the other prisoners, the ambulatory ones, want to come down and break out the prisoners in medical? It just seems like we should go somewhere where there aren't any prisoners at all, rather than running to where we're sure there are prisoners who'll probably be less than glad to see us." Miles points out, glancing behind the group again for any signs of anyone coming up behind them.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 am

Eva stops dead in her tracks and turns to face Miles.

"Look. I have a responsibility to my patients, no matter what colour their overalls are. If you want to go somewhere else, then go. I never asked you all to follow me and I have no problem with any of you going ANYWHERE else. I really, really don't. Now, I am going to sickbay and would LOVE it if you would all stop talking about riots, escapees, machine guns and... rioting. Also, I'll have you know that I am a ray of bloody sunshine in that place, and my patients have no reason to pick a fight with me."
► Show Spoiler

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:06 am

"Doc's right, let's shut up with the "What If's" and get going."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:49 am

"You say that as if anyone else stopped moving..." Felix calls back to them from halfway up the corridor, taking her muffin out of her pocket and starting to unwrap it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:50 pm

"Ah, the ifs and buts are always so fun though. The thought of danger always puts a spring into my step. And then I inevitably trip on the spring and land face-first on the ground, taking some time to get my legs back under me. But a spring in my step, nonetheless."
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 pm

OOC: When do you finally arrive? Want to join you. :)
:zzz:

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 am

"It's not like we got anywhere else to go. And the medbay is away from that gunfight, so thats also a plus."
► Show Spoiler