Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Home to all current Forum Games.
kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Post by kurik » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:22 am

Mereneth wrote:
kurik wrote:So it looks like someone, who shall remain nameless, may or may not have gotten drunk and goggles at the same time. :paranoia:
drunk and goggles?
I might have doodled on the page. :P

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:28 am

kurik wrote:
Mereneth wrote:
kurik wrote:So it looks like someone, who shall remain nameless, may or may not have gotten drunk and goggles at the same time. :paranoia:
drunk and goggles?
I might have doodled on the page. :P
Yup, i'm confused now.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:12 am

BeanDip wrote:
theis2 wrote:John quickly looks to the ground and looks for a rock or some other heavy object to throw at the triceratop while making a quick and load roar at it.
I'm not criticizing you or anything at all but how does a raptor throw something? Raptor arms work very differently than human ones and throwing with the mouth just seems awkward.
The situation is stressful and he used to have proper arms and hands to throw stuff with, and John original plan was to divert focus away from Hoff not that he really thought the consequenses through :roll:
He might feel like shitting his imaginary pants right now though :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:31 am

So, erm. The update only says that Alyssa's body was thrown to strike into Lauren in her mid-jump. It doesn't say if it hit her, if she got thrown of course much or at all, if she got bounced back onto the ground by its momentum, if she may even be stuck under the body now. And whether or not Lauren got hurt by the impact etc.
Does that mean I can pick what I see fitting, or did you forget to write what else happens there?
Also, iirc, you said that Alyssa was smaller than the rest of (most of) us? How much difference would that be? I have to know if her body hit Lauren head on, if it would be enough to push her back, or just throw her off balance, if I can pick the outcome of that throw myself.

I'm not trying to nit pick here, or criticize you, I'm just looking for clarification, please. :)

Also: zaki, Brigitte & Terrence good luck with the hostile raptors. I would assume those are "normal" ones, no ex-humans. I suppose I would either run, towards the battle, or - in brigitte's case try female persuasion and quick talk on them.
From what I gather, there seem to be only two of them here (Maieieh & Baki; Lika seems to be the name of their alpha), and maybe we could even recruit the male raptor (Baki) for our pack. He doesn't seem to get treated all that great with them, and if it's fresh blood he desires, well, the whole pack of ours is fresh. Probably in more than one way... o:)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:52 am

Leaving that up to you. Alyssa was only around 4' tall, so not exactly a weighty raptor yet.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 am

Mereneth wrote:Leaving that up to you. Alyssa was only around 4' tall, so not exactly a weighty raptor yet.
Awesome. I hope what I came up with is ok (not too game breaking), as it's still a combination of clumsiness, freak luck and instincts chiming in at the right moment, that could happen, imho. Besides, Lauren is really in no safe place now, so maybe that makes up for the wounds she was able to give the Trike a little?

If you think that I manipulated the outcome of her jump too much into the player's favor, please tell me so, and I'll try to do something about it. :)
(But I think I want Lauren to survive way too much to come up with a bad outcome for her on my own... :stab: )
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:58 am

GathersIngredients wrote:
Mereneth wrote:Leaving that up to you. Alyssa was only around 4' tall, so not exactly a weighty raptor yet.
Awesome. I hope what I came up with is ok (not too game breaking), as it's still a combination of clumsiness, freak luck and instincts chiming in at the right moment, that could happen, imho. Besides, Lauren is really in no safe place now, so maybe that makes up for the wounds she was able to give the Trike a little?

If you think that I manipulated the outcome of her jump too much into the player's favor, please tell me so, and I'll try to do something about it. :)
(But I think I want Lauren to survive way too much to come up with a bad outcome for her on my own... :stab: )
I don't expect you to come up with a bad outcome for yourselves. If I feel an action warrants an injury, i'll deal it to you myself; otherwise i'll leave leeway for you to be reasonably creative. If you think an injury comes of a situation, like Alex and the wound on his chest, i'm not stopping you from doing that either.

As this is a survival rp with no numbers openly involved in determining outcome, I make my decisions based around the situation at hand and your own reactions in RP. Take Jorge for example, his getting swatted into sam was based on who attacked and who held back. If Sam had been an attacker, Jorge would have just tumbled into the dirt etc.

I try to look on the scene i put you all in, consider the deadly potential outcomes, and then set a series of possible outcomes based entirely on what you guys do.

The raptors Brigitte is now dealing with? You guys might not have encountered them till later, if at all, had everyone stayed to fight. Or if everyone had fled per Doug's instruction the other packs scouts might have been agreeable to abandon their weaker pack in favor of survival with your larger, yet bizarre, one.

I'll keep saying it that every decision you make has an effect :D

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 pm

My brain is all "why have so few responded?" but then i have to remember i made the post less than 24 hours ago xD Bear in mind, in no way rushing but admitting my silliness.

I'll respond brigittes group later though, just want terrence to have a chance to respond.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 pm

MOAR DINOSAURS PLS

I check this game for updates far too often too. Take it as a sign of good-game-ness!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:43 pm

(sad face) i don't feel included.....

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Then join Brigitte! She isn't that far from you and they're making plenty of noise.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:49 pm

but im wounded..... and im scared.....sigh....fine.... let me stir up a bowl of creative soup....

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:51 pm

nikohl wrote:MOAR DINOSAURS PLS

I check this game for updates far too often too. Take it as a sign of good-game-ness!
I think my problem is you guys are so fun to RP with that I have a hard time not responding as often as possible xDD I say 3 days for content, but then post 1-2 times a day! xD

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:25 pm

I believed I would have time, but for some reason it kept eluding me this week. But most of the people I know are at the Roskilde festival the coming week, so I should be able to post a bit faster (I'ts 00:23 am for me now and just checking the different threads at the moment before I'm thinking up a post consisting mostly of "oh crap oh crap it's coming for me!" :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Mereneth wrote: I think my problem is you guys are so fun to RP with that I have a hard time not responding as often as possible xDD I say 3 days for content, but then post 1-2 times a day! xD
You should start a "triceratops at heart" game parallel to this one, which begins with a herd losing their pack leader and its offspring...

;)
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Mereneth wrote:
nikohl wrote:MOAR DINOSAURS PLS

I think my problem is you guys are so fun to RP with that I have a hard time not responding as often as possible xDD I say 3 days for content, but then post 1-2 times a day! xD
I actually know how it feels, I responded and glared at my game when it started and everytime someone posted I were about to burst out with stuff happening all the time. I'm a lot more relaxed now/lacking a bit of time to make it
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:47 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:
Mereneth wrote: I think my problem is you guys are so fun to RP with that I have a hard time not responding as often as possible xDD I say 3 days for content, but then post 1-2 times a day! xD
You should start a "triceratops at heart" game parallel to this one, which begins with a herd losing their pack leader and its offspring...

;)
Ha, tangent games that i can make collide on occasion. Whats that? I want to kill off a player? TRICERATOPS BATTLE

On a more serious note, though, would it be the same concept and the trikes are humans, or something a bit more primal?

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:08 pm

I've been busy lately so sorry if I'm not keeping up on responses. I don't know why but it feels like I woke up and my life was suddenly incredibly overwhelming. I have a ton of trouble prioritizing and not procrastinating. The internet makes it much harder to stay focused. I get distracted and then one tab turns to two, two to three, three to four, ad infinitum.

I think that if the triceratops were human then their solution to every problem would be "HEADBUTT!" We'd only get two posts in before everyone had a concussion
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:05 pm

I know how it goes bean. I think I mentioned everything i'm doing atm? I'll do so again for the sake of the conversation lol

This story and all the interaction and npcs etc; personal story about Riarkraa; comic script for an artist starting a web comic; + gobs of other random stuff that is smaller by comparison.

Though, adhd and all that i've fine tuned to make multitasking a breeze. At one point around 2000 I was role playing in a D.R.o.P. forum as 5 characters....who were supposedly controlled by different people. aka I roleplayed people roleplaying. Only person who caught on to some of them was an english teacher and even she was unsure of those AND she wasn't even aware of all of them.

I'm just glad everyone is enjoying things.

If the effective speed is too much, I will make an effort to slow down and keep posts more to conversation and character interaction when not moving the story along every 3 days. I'd rather everyone enjoy themselves and have time to post than push the story forward too fast.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:32 pm

I love the speed the game is moving at. I just feel really overwhelmed and taht is my fault, not yours.

Truth be told, I could probably do most of my stuff in a single day but I can never just focus on one thing. Never ever. I end up basically wandering off halfway though a project and leaving it half-finished (which is why I have a stickynote on my desktop to inspire me to keep my game going). It's like I'm a TV flipping channels. Even if I have important stuff that I NEED to do, I cannot focus on it. In fact it's like how important the task is is inversely proportional to how much attention I am able to pay to it. Not to even mention my problems getting motivated to do anything in the first place.

So my issues. Not yours. :)
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:58 pm

sounds like my adhd when i'm not focusing it.

As to the game speed, i'll wait for more responses before actually acting on adjusting it. Few people haven't posted yet and want to give them a chance.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm

I've heard that before :/

People have told me that I seem to have ADD. I don't doubt it, the symptoms all match and I can strongly relate to the stories that people tell about it but if I have it, it remains undiagnosed. I think it's a definite possibility that I have ADD though, not ADHD.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 pm

When you're browsing the tv guide or flipping channels for something to watch, do you pause after each click or just zoom through and simply reach something interesting?

adhd and add aren't bad things really. They represent amazing tools when properly applied.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 pm

I typically flip through, look for something visually stimulating or a rerun of something I've seen before and then get on the internet and have the TV running for background noise only :P
My internet browsing is jumping from tab to tab rapidly half-learning whatever subject catches my fancy at that moment before becoming bored with it and moving on.

I've always seen it as a hindrance and cannot ever imagine it being a good tool. Can you explain that better, please?

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:48 pm

In essence you fine tune the ability to bounce between subjects until it isn't out of boredom but part of the flow of things. You shift before it is boring and eventually end up back on it and finish it off or at least consume more information.

Then there is the general thought process and how many topics you can maintain in a go. Personally I take a twisted thrill out of confusing people who can't keep up when one moment i'm talking about oranges and the next i'm thing you know, burger king is opening a new location. Its all a matter of finding a good location to eat at. Can always peel the orange at home.