Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:02 am

I'm currently on a trip to NY... Will be returning home tonight and can post..

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Mereneth wrote:Small in game boon if you can guess at Gilroy's past life; the more accurate, the better the reward. I think I'll call em Hoff Tokens :D
Serial killer (with a pinch of madman) who at least cut up (if not ate, a la Hannibal Lector, or did something else unusual with the body part) his victims?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 pm

And a quick call by Gathers!

Gilroy was indeed a serial killer, so bad to the point that his execution via electrocution wasn't even government sanctioned and done quietly by as many of the victims loved ones and associates as could be found to witness it. He hadn't fully cracked into madman until he realized how close he was to being caught, at which point he identified as many people involved in his art [case] as he could and began rigging explosives that had to have their timers reset every 48 hours or they'd go off at night.

His MO was typically to drain the blood of his victim, Give the body a viking burial [minus the ears and fingers] in an abandoned quarry and then cover as much of the entryway of his next victim in the blood of the last within an hour of going to take them out. As to the fingers/ears, he mailed one finger or ear to a previous victims family with a hand written chain letter style series where he would depict their final moments and the steps he took afterwards; a family would receive up to 10 different peoples fingers and 2 different ears before the letters stopped coming.

Like most serial killers he kept trophies of his kills in the form of a piece of their bloodied clothing, be it a sock, shirt or other article. He also kept all jewelery in a chest in his personal home.

Gilroy's favored method of killing required the victim be bound as he would arrange them to collect their blood before actually doing the deed. He would cut their neck open carefully, reveal the carotid artery and ease it out of the neck before cutting it and staring in fascination as the blood flowed out.

It is unknown what kicked off his destructive ways.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:30 am

I thought it was fairly obvious he was a serial killer, since he bragged about it. I figured you wanted us to guess something else! :lol:

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:48 pm

nikohl wrote:I thought it was fairly obvious he was a serial killer, since he bragged about it. I figured you wanted us to guess something else! :lol:
Perhaps a bit, though I wasn't entirely sure if I gave a serial killer vibe or just psychopath murderer. Plus I got to tell a bit of his backstory this way. =D

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:33 pm

And I got a (pretty cool and helpful) boon out of it. o:)

So... what/whom are we waiting for?
Me, right now need a response from the GM if the separation of the leg works (and/or if Lauren got smashed to pulp while trying to do that), before deciding what will be done next.

Besides, what I have been meaning to ask: Do we get "turns" as in we get to write ONE post max. between Mer's updates, or can we post multiple times to react to each other's doings & sayings?
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:33 am

okay, sorry for the delay, will post in the next few hours. again my humblest of apologies.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:18 am

I sure hope Brigitte's face survives this turn... Lots of people are coming to kick and slash at the thing she's got her jaws around :lol:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:24 am

release release...

I wonder for how long Bjorn will run around talking about Loki and potentially thor before someone asks him what the heck he's talking about. :P

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:11 pm

@ Gathers - You can post as much as you'd like, especially when interacting with each other, though I do have to ask if you're posting to interact with the npcs that you try to wait till I can respond to you. I won't always make giant posts; i will aim to split off my posts to have individual npc responses. For the moment its just more convenient to post for all the npcs at once since everyone is actively involved in the same thing.

Also, Gathers, you don't have to wait for verification on an action if it will logically work. Its not like you're trying to pop the stego's leg out of its socket, just the small haunch of a raptor =D

I'm working up the npc responses now, though i may not finish before i have to go to work; if that ends up being the case I will finish upon getting home this evening!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:44 am

@ badge, I didn't want to point fingers or anything, please don't apologize. I was just curious.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:54 am

Mereneth wrote: Also, Gathers, you don't have to wait for verification on an action if it will logically work. Its not like you're trying to pop the stego's leg out of its socket, just the small haunch of a raptor =D
Now I'm kinda confused though... because Lauren has ripped off and run away with the haunch of the raptor, which Brigitte had bitten into to try to get a grip and pull the whole body off the trapped kid. Where does that leave me? Yanked away by the face? Invisible? :/

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:11 am

Just throwing a quick hi in, in case not everybody checks the recruitment thread anymore. ^^

Seems like you will have another companion along for the ride. ;)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:13 am

oh, I'm sorry. For some reason I thought Brigitte was biting into the tail of the dead one.

See? that's why I prefer to get an "okay" or "this works out that way" from a GM. :oops: :lol: :halo:

and Welcome, Feytala! :cheer:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:33 am

I'm used to waiting for GM confirmation of what happens too Gathers, it's just a habit! I don't mind retconning to say that Brigitte was biting the top of the tail though, so we can both do what we're doing.

It's just a bit confusing when half the group are like "I try to do this" and the other half are "I've done this", especially when we all post in response to the same event. Some stuff gets ignored/missed, some stuff is contradictory, etc.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:55 am

What do want from me gathers...to grovel...

:P

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:16 am

Well if you guys would prefer it I can okay things like that instead. It feels like I end up limiting your options a lot more, but I'll do it that way if that is going to be the general preference.

I'm running this with a bit more RP freedom in mind since every action counts, but if the opinion is this will cause player contradictions...

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 am

Actually, just thinking it ahead a bit I can see where the problems you're concerned about could pop up, Gathers. So, stuff like what you're wanting to do would need GM approval then; however, in the interest of story telling I won't necessarily be answering that approval as if I was a dungeon master "Lauren's attempt pays off and the leg does a somersault through the air". I'll be more specific when something fails, but when smaller things go right and multiple people are involved in said thing I will generalize the success. You'll see what I mean in the next post.

I think my concerns rest more in how the story might derail a bit more than any player conflict. I think its fair to expect players to read the posts before them and not just my own to determine how their character interacts, so as to avoid a "but i'm already doing/have done this" situation organically. No retconning necessary, if you misread something and try to do the same thing in the same place then congrats, you've bumped noggins with each other; will this cause a conflict between you or solidify the idea of team work between you?

Also, welcome to the game, Feytala. I'm incorporating your appearance into my next post. I'll post your raptor depiction before I post the new content.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Just gonna jot down rules for this since it seems necessary. I'll update the first post of OOC with these later.
  • Rules for RP confirmations and where they're needed:
  • Smaller actions: Actions that for the most part only directly influence your own character or don't immediately impact another npc or player - no confirmation needed [Your most recent post, for example, is great, Gathers.]
  • "Medium" actions: Actions that will affect other players or npcs in role play in such a way that it should be their decision how it impacts them- leave open ended for the recipient to decide how it affects them.
  • Large actions: Combat, directly influencing another character [excluding roleplay stuff like saying you shoved them, which can be left open for them to decide just how much the shove impacts them] and anything you feel might require GM interaction - wait for approval before following through with your action.
  • If you're ever unsure, wait for approval. I don't mind doing so if it will make your experience better, no matter how big or small you might think the action is.
I've interacted with most of you enough who are currently in game that I feel I can trust you to make appropriate decisions regardless, so i'm not going to slam a hammer down with these rules so much as use them as guidelines that can bend a little. Given the nature of the game I want your actions and decisions to count every step of the way, so i'd prefer to offer as much freedom as I can for what you do while still keeping things in line.

Does that work for everyone? Any clarifications needed?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Do raptors have internal or external sex organs?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Scientifically speaking? They lay hard-shell eggs, so their genitalia would be cloaca-based, i.e. internal; the males may have a penis on the inside used for copulation like e.g. an alligator, or they might just have a cloaca and reproduce by basically pressing the cloacal opening against a female's, like most birds.

tl;dr there won't be external dongs

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Bummer

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:33 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Bummer
orly

and lol at the tl;dr nikohl.

Not that we have much reason to be descriptive about the reproductive bits anyhow. I think you guys will have your claws full with just surviving for now!

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:41 pm

I just wanted to know if Katrina even realizes her gender has changed... To which the answer is no. :D

And if we ever come to the issue of reproduction we have either been very good or VERY lonely :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:03 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Bummer
*snerk* Why would you want external dongs when they'd be exposed?