Outpost Builder

Home to all current Forum Games.
WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Outpost Builder

Post by WhirdCheese » Wed May 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Your caravan has stopped. You set out four weeks ago and have eaten most of the food that the King gave you. Along with 39 peasants, coming with to avoid debts or for personal gain, and 10 of the Kings private soldiers. The forest surrounds you except to the south and southwest where plains roll. As you have traveled most of the peasants have been avoiding the 4 of you while the soldiers have been staying in the wagon provided for them. Stores are running low and all you have for shelter is some wagons. Close examination of the area shows a large number of footprints, though no one here recognizes what types of creatures they are from. As people begin to unload you realize that they are all looking to you for guidance. With hope you'll be able to build up your defenses before whatever these tracks came from return, but without a consolidated effort from all of you civic leaders things will go south fairly quickly.

Map

Stores
► Show Spoiler
Followers
► Show Spoiler
Requests of City Members
► Show Spoiler
Known Constructions
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Re: Outpost Builder

Post by I'mBob » Thu May 30, 2013 6:18 am

Brenard gathers his followers.
"I need 4 people who are strong enough to gather wood, 3 more who can construct and 3 for farming or gathering food somehow."

He commands his building squad to build 2 huts with the wood from the stores/they new chopped wood.
The wood gathering squad will gather wood in the forest, and the food gathering squad will search for source of food like bushes and trees. He commands his followers to call him if anything special happens.

He then talks to the 3 leaders that are with him. "I sent some of my followers to gather wood and some to construct huts and some more to gather food. I suggest you should send yours to mining and more food as we wont survive long without it. "
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:52 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Frank glances around him before looking at the others. Shall we begin construction here or push a bit further?

Frank glances at the ressources available (how many wagons do we have already? And are they big enough for 5 people to sleep in?) We need a lot more wood before we an house everyone, so someone should gather some more if we intend to stay.
He waits for the other to chime in with the idea of staying, and if it is agreed upon he will start instructing people on how to construct the huts most efficiently and help with it himself.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Gradius feels that the most important thing is to have the soldiers housed and training. "Alright folks, lets get five of you on building a Barracks for the soldiers. They can best train us from any early monster attacks. Two of you start gathering more wood and two of you look for food."

He turns to the other leaders. "We should set up here. If we push further we will waste resources."

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Hadrian will assign 5 commoners to scouting the area and 5 towards either gathering wood or stone if a source of stone is found. Hadrian himself will work on developing techniques to build with stone.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Nothing goes wrong as the your followers spread out and begin to gather or build. The soldiers take up defensive positions though two of them go north. A large haul of food and wood is brought in to maintain the outpost as Hadrian's followers bring in a trifling of stone. A quick count shows 36 commoners. Another brings the same result. A search is formed for the missing two and after a half days search they are found attempting to return to camp while one of them is hobbling one one foot, the other missing due to a "freak woodcutting accident". Apparently they went to a nearby Forest and one wasn't paying attention as they brought a tree down. The leaders manage to recall how to build a wall out of stone. It's slightly more sturdy than a wooden wall, but still requires some wood for a framework.

Also a Commoner leads a tiny mutiny and takes the loyalty of two commoners from each of you and implants himself in the leaders circle.

Map

Stores
► Show Spoiler
Followers
► Show Spoiler
Requests of City Members
► Show Spoiler
Known Constructions
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 am

Arthurus arrives with his group, who were busy hunting some prey last night on their way to the new outpost. This is why they arrived so late. They start providing as much food to the others as they can afford to share without starving themselves. Since they didn't sleep last night , they start building a hut (as many as requiered, the rest will gather food). They also take one unit of stone to build a stone chimney, so they can make a fire inside the hut without risking to burn it down.
If they got enough time, they will build a second hut. 8 man building, with Arthurus helping and supervising them so they hopefully won't hurt themselves.
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:zzz:

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:46 am

"We are going to need much more food." Brenard sends 5 of his man to food gathering, and the other 3 to wood collecting.

"The others should build things and gather more stuff. I think we should start making walls here and there, we can't know what lurks in this place..."
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 am

Gradius we have limited resources and while I appreciate the thought of having a barrack for the soldiers I would rather use what wood we do have to house everyone.
It doesn't matter if we have well trained warriors if we can't protect us from the weather or what else mother nature decides to throw at us.

Frank then continues to gather whoever feel like listening to him for the moment and starts to speak.
"I guess many of you have noticed how our supply of food has been dwindling fast. The current building projects won't matter if we starve to death so I want you to drop them for now and search the area for food. Once we have gathered enough food to last for some time, then we can devote our time for other projects. But for now, we need food. So grab your equipment for hunting and foraging and get out there and stay sharp.
Oh, if you find something you suspect are edible but aren't certain, avoid touching it directly and keep it apart from what we know is edible.

With these words he dismisses the people and continue ┬┤what he does best, and keep working on the housing. (The goal is for every commoner to have a place to sleep, then a barrack for the warriors)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:07 am

Is there room for another player?
If yes, then Elendithas and his followers start hunting (and, if there is water nerby - fishing) (5) and start a vegetable garden (2)
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:17 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:31 am

Alavar wrote:Is there room for another player?
If yes, then Elendithas and his followers start hunting (and, if there is water nerby - fishing) (5) and start a vegetable garden (2)
You just hijack my character that i created. I dont appreciate that :x

Elendithas nod his head in argeement to Frank.

"Yes we should focus on feeding and housing the people before we build Barracks. The flock need to have roof over their head and food in their mouth or they will catch disease."

Elendithas speak to his faithful flock.

"Children of Pelor (Dont know what god they whorship but i decide to go with 4e dnd god) the amount food that Pelor bless us with is dwindling and we need to seach for food so that we can survive to worship him for lending us here to live."

After telling his follower to search for food Elendithas go with them to help and watch over his faithful flock.

(7 follower gathering food)
Last edited by Nolandking on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:15 am

"I'd much rather have the soldiers' allegiance and cooperation as much as possible. My men will continue constructing the barracks as I ordered them. The injured man will rest in one of the wagons for now. The remaining two will join in hunting for food."

Gradius then proceeds to meet with each of the soldiers one at a time, learning what each of them has been trained in as far as weapons and armour, and any techniques they know. If any of them have unused training he gathers them, determines if they are strong enough and starts teaching them how to hit harder than usual at the sacrifice of a little accuracy. (Teaching them Power Attack if they have unspent Feats and Str 13 or higher.) He does basic combat drills with the other soldiers, scheduling a very specific routine of guard duty, practice, and rest.

(5 followers are building the barracks still, 2 are gathering food. The 1 injured man is resting)
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 am

"Strange" says Arthurus to his hunters. Before we came and noticed that they nearly run out of food, nobody seemed to care. "Well, better to much than too little food." he says to the other commanders.

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Hadrian will send 4 commoners to gather food while he and the other four will look into finding new sources of food, more renewable or consistent sources of food, and any other useful plants using his skills in knowledge nature and knowledge local.

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:57 am

Nolandking wrote:
Alavar wrote:Is there room for another player?
You just hijack my character that i created. I dont appreciate that :x

Elendithas nod his head in argeement to Frank.

"Yes we should focus on feeding and housing the people before we build Barracks. The flock need to have roof over their head and food in their mouth or they will catch disease."

Elendithas speak to his faithful flock.

"Children of Pelor (Dont know what god they whorship but i decide to go with 4e dnd god) the amount food that Pelor bless us with is dwindling and we need to seach for food so that we can survive to worship him for lending us here to live."

After telling his follower to search for food Elendithas go with them to help and watch over his faithful flock.

(7 follower gathering food)
Sorry.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:58 am

Errrr... I hope that game didn't die becauso of my mistake?

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:49 am

I mean, I've given my followers their orders. I'm waiting to see what the GM says happens.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:28 am

Another game bites the dust? Come on, at least tell us what is on. PC defect? No internet? No time anymore?