Not TWSK Murder-Game: The Travel-Cube

Home to all current Forum Games.
Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Not TWSK Murder-Game: The Travel-Cube

Post by Runsaround » Sat May 25, 2013 6:24 am

In the far future, mankind's reach, formerly confined to one insignificant rock in an arm of the Milky Way, has begun to tentatively reach ahead.

One such reach is the unfortunately-named Travel-Cube No: 13. This hurtling cube contains a motley assortment of forlorn astronauts headed to the obscure planet of Likon Beta, but is blissfully unaware of the many agents inside intending to do serious harm to the mission of the Travel-Cube. There is the sinister syndicate, the morbid changelings, the secret space-things and the danger that is the revolutionaries.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This game is like TWSK in that people vote on whom to "lynch" each "day" and at night the "killers" do their dirty work BUT, it is much more complicated and it all depends on sheer guessing and certain people that can attempt to determine who they are. Besides that, there are many "roles", and there are more "special people" than in TWSK. Also, You don't know exactly what kind of villain you'll be facing.

The meta-roles are:
Traitor: An agent of the Syndicate, has easy-ish objectives but is capable of killing only once every two nights, may leave special corpses sometimes.
Changeling: An alien monster capable off absorbing it's kill victims and getting their non-meta-role powers, but leaves behind special corpses when it does. Can kill one person a round, but can absorb once every three.
Space-thing: An otherworldly being bent on killing the entire crew, kills once a round and is immune to being killed in the night, leaves behind special corpses.
Revolutionary: Can't kill, converts others once every three rounds that must obey one order, must make converts the majority of crew.
Vigilante: Kills once every two rounds, wants crew victory.
Convert: Obey order of revolutionary, secure rev victory, can kill once every three rounds.

Jobs:
Security: Votes every round to kill someone in the night, but makes votes publicly. Immune to Rev convertion.
Captain: Harder to kill, needs to be attacked twice, except by the Space-thing. Immune to Rev conversion.
Detective: Special security, that investigates corpses to tell what exactly killed them.
Janitor: Can prevent someone from using meta-role powers once every round.
Assistants: Knows when one other assistant has a meta role.
Cargo crew: Can vote to become a second security amongst themselves, but are not immune to being converted.
Medical: Can vote to protect someone from being hurt.
Administrators: No abilities.

Note that all these roles don't always appear at once, one round may have no Janitor, one may have only one Medical, another may have no security except the detective. Meta-roles only usually appear in groups of one kind. Usually.

This game can have 15-30 players.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: Not TWSK Murder-Game: The Travel-Cube

Post by Runsaround » Sat May 25, 2013 6:25 am

Recruiting now.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 am

I'm not sure you will be able to collect 15 players, but I'm in.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Sat May 25, 2013 4:35 pm

In I guess.

the original thatguy
Remains Silent
UStream Username: That-reminding-guy

Post by the original thatguy » Sat May 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Id like a piece of this action.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Sure, mafia-related game looks fun.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun May 26, 2013 2:13 am

In.
I miss TWSK.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 26, 2013 2:21 am

Sure, let's give it a shot. Pure luck may favour me more than trying to decode or hide clues... Maybe.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:34 am

I'll give this a try.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 am

Sorry to say this but the game is dead and runsaround haven't been on the forum for a loong time
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:46 am

Damn you necromancers. I am supposed to be the only necromancer around here!

Okay now, unless runs pms me or something this is going to be put into a lockedchest.