Another Civ, in another Land [Interest?]

Home to all current Forum Games.
CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Another Civ, in another Land [Interest?]

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey guys, so while Aegis is on Hiatus I wanted to see if I had the brass to run one of these. This is just the interest check. If I can even get just 10 people interested in me running another Civ game I'll do my very best! If Aegis is kind of the one and only, well then I'll quietly sit down and stop this madness.
This. Is. SPARTA!!!

*Ahem* anywho, I'm going to go make a map, probably make 10-15 potential starting locations. We'll see. You guys wanna do the standard Goblins or try out a different race this time around?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Another Civ, in another Land [Interest?]

Post by nikohl » Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 am

I'd be interested to try this out. Maybe something non-goblin, to make it nice and different?

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:39 am

I'm interested, but not as much if it turns out to be multiple story parts in the same day limiting audience participation. *looks at Myr-men*

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri May 24, 2013 12:53 am

I'm probably going to avoid people going of and "doing their own miniquests". If events arise that only specific people go on a dungeon crawl, it will be few, require most of the players, and won't take more than a month to finish unless the place is truly massive. I've got a map, but waiting to see if Aegis can give me some ideas for the Pros and Cons of starting locations. I ended up marking 17 locations on the map I made.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri May 24, 2013 1:50 am

Yes, very interest. But I second nikohl's assertion to make it non-goblin, or maybe non-fantasy.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Fri May 24, 2013 2:10 am

Interested, but I agree non-goblin :)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri May 24, 2013 7:22 am

CroverusRaven wrote:I'm probably going to avoid people going of and "doing their own miniquests". If events arise that only specific people go on a dungeon crawl, it will be few, require most of the players, and won't take more than a month to finish unless the place is truly massive. I've got a map, but waiting to see if Aegis can give me some ideas for the Pros and Cons of starting locations. I ended up marking 17 locations on the map I made.
So did I for Civ 4, whatcher point? Heh. I just pulled random shit out of my ass for it on the starting locations and smashed the keyboard with my face for the location names (mostly). You could do the same, throw in a quirk of nature or two per spot, and call it at that.

Wow, lots of people want to do a non-goblin Civ... I know I threw out the idea of doing akin to Spore where you evolve from a bacteria to a sentient being... Crov, if you want to bounce ideas off me, best to catch me on Steam (Capricornian) or League of Legends (Rhezhenkanti).

I normally don't check other game threads or play in anything else; only reason I'm here is I'm hopped up on four boxes of Junior Mints and a liter and a half of Mountain Dew before going to play League of Legends for awhile after my Chaos get their ass handed to them in Bloodbowl (two deaths, one a minotaur).

hmmmm... if people want a non goblin civ... and my muse is pushing me to write about an adventuring party...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 24, 2013 9:05 am

Interested.....in lots of things, including myself....actually, A lot of interest in myself (similar to Cat in Red Dwarf)

Otherwise, Interested in a game, whether it be goblin or non-goblin......Heck, if it was non-goblin we could be evil adventurers that hunt goblins for their relative ease to kill and mostly cheap xp? (I'm an evil evil person)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 am

That's actually a pretty cool idea, Badge. An Anti-Civ. Not building up a civilisation, just being a bunch of marauding assholes that go round knocking them down. Not even stereotypical D&D party, just a mini army of brigands. All about the lootin' and pillagin'.

Not sure how it'd work with 20+ people in a "civ-style" setting, but it's still a fun idea.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Fri May 24, 2013 10:51 am

RED DWARF!
Sorry needed to get that out of my system.

non-goblin civ sound fun

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 24, 2013 2:04 pm

nikohl wrote:That's actually a pretty cool idea, Badge. An Anti-Civ. Not building up a civilisation, just being a bunch of marauding assholes that go round knocking them down. Not even stereotypical D&D party, just a mini army of brigands. All about the lootin' and pillagin'.

Not sure how it'd work with 20+ people in a "civ-style" setting, but it's still a fun idea.
(Very linear)
There you go, Anti-Civ is born. A party of 10-20 people who are "adventurers or Bandits" who start in one location and travel through the country-side (by voting) (example: travel A) Travel East, B) Travel West, C) Travel North, D) Travel South, etc) and encounter villagers and towns and settlements in which quest like things happen (and/or are voted on) (example: You've encountered a small war camp of goblins, do you: A)Kill them all!!!! , B)Befriend them, C)Ignore them , D)etc)

Now, how to have Player characters. Well, as the group of 10-20 Adventurers/brigands gain xp, (lets say there is a list of all the people who want to play: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc) as soon as the party gain X amount of xp, a Player character is born.

The player character has the ability, through SAs and FHs to perform actions outside of normal voting standards, but normally, leaving the group is not an option, because there is power in numbers.

If this doesn't happen....I may have to make it happen myself, because it sounds really awesome.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri May 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Am game for this AntiCiv idea. It would be fun to rampage the lands.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Since you started this idea Croverus, I leave it in your hands, but if you don't start this "Anti-Civ" game, then I will try to put it together. You have dibs.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri May 24, 2013 7:10 pm

I really like that idea actually. I'll go ahead and make the map and do as Aegis suggested practicing my face typing for the pros and cons.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 24, 2013 7:33 pm

If you would like, I would be more than happy to (basically not play) and co-produce with you. We could use a Google document in order to share ideas. I went ahead and created a Topic in recruitment to 1. see who would be interested and 2. create a place where some brainstorming can be done. I find myself getting giddy with excitement about this and would really like to help. But, if you just point the shot-gun at me and say, back off bub then I won't push the subject.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Fri May 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Sounds like an interesting game.
I'm still reading shifters.

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Sat May 25, 2013 1:17 am

I lost track of ongoing Civ game, but I do like to start fresh.
And I vote yes on non-goblin.

Errr...
If it will be Anti-Civ, then sorry, not my piece of cake.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat May 25, 2013 5:14 am

Please no Anti-Civ. It sounds like something with a definite end, and also is kinda mean-spirited.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat May 25, 2013 5:34 am

I think maybe this is coming across in the wrong way...Anti-Civ not meaning anti everything Civ was.

Think pathfinder without all of the intricacies of skills. Or, this is what I'm thinking, Though, Croverus can do whatever he would like.

It would be exactly like Civ, minus a few details: You wouldn't be goblins, you wouldn't be in one place forever. (that should be mostly the only differences)

the reason i said Adventurers/Brigands is because you vote/choices would decide who and what the gang is/does.

So, if the majority votes to raid and plunder a village, then that would be done (with rolls). If the majority voted to help the villagers, then that would be done (with rolling).

Perhaps Anti-Civ is the wrong way to say it, perhaps it should be called something like this.

Civ

- Civ Goblins

- Civ Explorers <--- This one

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 am

I am also interested in either version

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat May 25, 2013 10:53 am

I'll play in whatever's made, but I like the idea of the Nomadic-Anti-Civ. And by Anti-Civ I mean not settled and building.

(although being a bunch of marauding pillager-types by design would be funny, I can see how it would also get old fast - so having the option to be nice sometimes sounds more balanced ;))

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 am

Also, with Aegis's permission you could use the original map from the Civ that is currently on Hiatus, just make it so that you are unable to start in the chaotic desert.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sat May 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Just finished my map. Making Pros and Cons, but thinking there will be fewer of each since you guys will be nomadic so you won't be staying in the location.