Threads of reality - OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Threads of reality - OOC thread

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 am

Alright, old players. Now with the new forum it's time for a decision to be made about what happens to this game... I have a few options laid out which I thought off- It's your guys choice about what we'll do.

1: I close the book now. The story won't continue. But this will allow me to reuse the story again at a later time and hopefully give it a worthwhile ending. As things stand however, maybe not the best option after all.
2: I explain what could have happened along the big storyplot lines. Thing is with this option there would be many "maybe's" and "if's" as a lot of it defines would depend on what you'd do- But this option would tell you what the big plotlines were/are.
3: Speedrun through: This would be more of option two, but with the change you would still have some control over how the story goes... Basicly, I would forsake the game mechanics for the sake of getting through the game. AKA, you will go to pirate's cove, immediately end up there. Half of the people you'd originally meet won't be there anymore and instead you'd instantly cut to the big people/events that would happen. I'll treat battles as if they're automatically won and will roll dice for the "final battle" with slight bonuses on how "well" you did along the way or something.

Doing this would take away some of the charm of the game... But the thing with this option is, it'll already be hard enough to follow, or even know what to do with me giving suggestions as to what you could do. Even if I were to do a quick recap, which I guess I will do, but it could not nearly contain a lot of the critical plot details. So what I'm saying is the following:
-There would be little "personal" achievements (though I'll attempt some such as Hears getting his precious lil' dragon)
-I'd expect you guys to at least have some knowledge about what happened before
-To be active- Most if not everything I post will be part of the main storyline, and hence should be known.

4: Epilogue: similar again, but instead of doing a speedrun you guys just give me a big, general idea of what you'll try to do and will try to accomplish and I'll try to pour it into one big, final update. (My least favourite due to complications... But possibly I could do 2, assume you guys got the "best" ending, and then do an ordinary epilogue)

What do you guys think?

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Thread of reality - The end?

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 am

I would prefer 3 over 2. I like 1 the least. Indifferent about 4. :)
:zzz:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:02 am

5: Normal run through where we left off???

I...would like to use Cut again. In the full. Not short cutted (heh) or anything. So none of the options really...fit.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:08 am

I hardly think that's still possible at this point. I doubt the use of most options at this point, but am willing to try something just for the sake of finishing the story...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 am

I...liked the charm of the game though...and I am unsure if speed running would be good enough :/

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 am

Yeah, if we really can't resume the normal game, then I think I would prefer a complete cut-off. Anything short of a full playthrough would just feel.....superficial, to me. Like trying to fix a crushed limb with only a single band-aid and some antiseptic cream.

So, of the options, I think 1 is my favourite. Or least hated, I suppose. Because, while we wouldn't get a conclusion to this adventure, at least this way the characters and setting would have the potential to be used again in some other story, where they can hopefully get the closure they deserve. And I think that's better than a slapdash, incomplete run-through or superficial epilogue.

In my opinion, anyway.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:43 am

I too would prefer a complete cut off or a full running. I would much rather use cut at a later date and give him what he deserves, and the ending he wants. He does not want to be shoved and ignored, he wants people know that he is still there and fighting.

I will have him do what Spaz, and EatsBrains did, which was when gms abandon games, reuse the character and go off from where the gm left off, and making sure that the blank slate fits the character (or whatever setting they are in), until they die or get the ending they deserve.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:33 am

and there goes my hope to have this game at least revived to some point. :/

Another char for the dead before their time has come list. :gonk:

You make me suffer with your votes, cause you keep me from getting to know what was the plot behind. :( As much as i hate loosing another game and char, it hurts even more if you are left in the dark on top of that. Well, maybe you could PM me option 2 mortimer? Better than nothing.
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:30 am

I suppose we could just be er...hmmm not sure yet.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 am

Well, I could just continue the game, but I don't see it succeeding... Because, let us be honest, how many of you who are still here followed the story actively enough to have a basic idea of what's been going on?

With nothing to fall back on, and so many people who have already left... The only way I could continue as we left off is if from everyone that is left at this time they will follow the game intently. There will be enough work with me having to explain a few things as they come up due to there being nothing to look back to and find the answers in.

So? Are you guys willing to do that? On that note, do any of you have news on Godbot/Madmartin?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 am

I remember the jist of it! I have a short summary of it too. You saw it ^_^. (Needs to be altered a bit and added more things but hey, it is there)

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 am

(You just posted this today, give me a break! 8) )

As for me, I love playing this game. TGH and ToR are unique and some of my favorites on the forums, they have an epic feel and an amount of roleplaying that is hard to get using pictures(Not to mention the fact that i have gotten rather attached to Studies after all this time). That said, I understand perfectly what you mean about the story being a little unwieldy and confusing(i've been here since the beginning, and i only really understand the gist of it), but while i was thinking about what we could do, i had an idea that i really liked personally, but i want to hear what you guys think.

My main idea: At some point during our previous adventures(probably right where we stopped at, but maybe some other time would work better). Some weird time/space thing happens(was itIntentional? an accident? what really happened? I have no idea!) and our characters are transported somewhere else and their memories are wiped. They wake up somewhere having no idea who they are or what they're doing beyond their own names, and have to figure things out as they go along. They might not even know who the others are(The extent to which they've lost their memories is up to m0rt). I like this idea because we keep our characters and the same general plot, but it throws a ton of uncertainty into who we are and what's going to happen next. Also, most of the details will be up in the air; Where do we end up? Do we still have our gear? Are there some clues remaining in Studies' diary, or is it totally wiped? How will this affect the story? Will we eventually figure out who we are? Also, this would be great for newcomers because we're not supposed to have any idea what's happened anyway. Even if we learn who we are, the characters won't know more than an outsiders summary of what happened. It might actually be harder for the veterans, trying to act like they don't know what's going on(totally worth it though, i was getting a little tired of knowing exactly what was going to happen next. :P ). Anyway, all of this is open to interpretation, so if you like parts of the idea, feel free to change it to fit the story and your own ideas m0rt.

Another idea is that we could start a completely new story, either at first level or at a higher level as an established adventuring party. That would require a lot of work from m0rt though, so we'll see.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 pm

You do realize that Cut's full name is basically his background...right?? Yeaaaaaa. So he'd be the only one that knows what is going down :P

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Suddenly, Cut can't remember his name at all! What was his name again? The world may never know. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Your suggestion is basically "start over completely"... Which in turn is option 1 I proposed. With the thing being that I am too bummed out about having lost everything to just say "Oh no problem I'll start over immediately." If I'd have to do that, it would be at most a "convenient" excuse to recap stuff to the characters in person... Not to mention the fact that whilst there has been some silly/crazy stuff going on, there is always a reason behind that, and there's no real reason behind for what you suggest unless I make one.

And I'd probably end up making a recap anyways. Burns made one as well, though not perfect. Not that mine will be but still.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm

madmartin26 wrote:Suddenly, Cut can't remember his name at all! What was his name again? The world may never know. :roll:
Nah he's likely to remember his first given name (Likes Long Names) and his nick nick nick nickname Cut and Paste.

I should totally put that recap in here after getting back to the desktop.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Well, i wasn't saying there shouldn't be a reason, I just didn't know what a good reason would be, and i thought you would have a better handle on what a possible reason would be. But whatever, if option one is taking a break and then starting a new game/a continuation then i vote for option 1. Or just continuing from where we left off. That would require a recap for me to remember enough to continue, but it's a good idea as well.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:31 pm

I guess the question simply put comes down to: If I write a quick recap, will this be enough to fall back onto and continue the game as it was? And will you guys give the required attention to the game?

If the answer to that is yes, I'll get to work on getting the game back on track... If not, well, yeah.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes. Also.

ÔÇ£It is a shame that I have not kept any notes as to what has happened during the time period of a few days ago and now, but I do have insight as to what has happened from where everything was shredded into pieces and caused the destruction of some of our history. This is important for every goblin to know of what has occurred. The last piece of history that I have in front of me now states that we were in the city, like we were a few moments ago. Only this was days ago, when I was not allowed inside the doors of the mageÔÇÖs guild, where Bluff was here, where Destroys was not a paladin, from where Picks the Plan was still here and before Dares Devils left us.
Picks the Plan thought it would be a good idea to jump into the pit after another goblin and was put inside the arena, where he met Boom. Picks eventually got out legally after we swayed the king to help us get him out away from the captian guard also know as GidianÔÇÖs arena. We overstayed our welcome in the city, mostly due to GidianÔÇÖs work and some of your guyses, and while Studies was giving a letter to the Chief, which he could have opened it and used the heartbound telepathy to show what was inside, he got attacked by badgers, which were controlled by ravens. Fortunally he was saved by the forest guardian, whom Born had talked to earlier in our endevours. There was a man made of metal that was surrounded by many ravens and lots of smoke, which attacked us in the city. But we prevailed in defeating him and left him to the devices of the men here. At this point, Destroys Nations became Lost His Pants, a paladin.
After the man attacked we found a bag of minion grabbing and these creatures are rather unique in nature. These minions are apparently immortal and one of the firsts immortals we have defeated. These manakins are constantly hungry and starve for magic, and vanish when they go. They gain more power the more magic that is fed to them. Some of them stay shape after a while or you tell them to. Some manakins probably donÔÇÖt need magic after their final form.
Anyways, we journeyed to the lair, temple, or tomb of Narfe. This is where we have spent most of our time at. He started out alright, but he had made several errors on his behalf, the first being not telling us that there was a trap door where Born fell down, and instead of becoming completely mad, he went into a journey deep into his own mind and found his own guardian, the Chaos guardian, or Hats as Born refers to him. But we were somewhat busy with slimes to help him at that point. Picks and I eventually were able to get him out of the trap and he eventually snapped out of it and learned what his destiny was and gained powers that allowed access to the mind. And we started to see the theme in this place when we fought both Greed and Gluttony nearly at the same time. We lost some momentary value during the fight with Greed and gluttony had a manakin inside. Narfe apologized for the trap and stated that the next two rooms had none. Around this time, Lost His Pants became Almost Drowns.
Around this time, Boom got out of the jail illegally and followed an elf by the name of Kaldien who we need to meet up with later to talk about the letter, and various other things. His friend died when teleporting to the desert dwellerÔÇÖs place. Boom stayed there for a while and found Asrem, a mental guardian of sorts, and shortly after was attacked by another of those metal men. This one had an instrument. Born, got interested in what Asrem was and made a mental link with Boom, who went into BornÔÇÖs mind somewhat shortly after.
After defeating Greed and Gluttony, the powers that I had changed for the better, I can heal and do things at the same time, instead of constantly doing nothing but healing. This was a good thing I assure you. Afterwards we came across three bottles, two with deadly poison, and one with potion of potential. Without thinking about things, Dares grabbed the bottle and drank it, when I could have divined whether or not a bottle was poisonous or not. He was very lucky that it was the potion of potential and gained abilities from it. But it was another trap. Another trap that Narfe said that was not there. He should have known that place inside and out but he lied to us again and he irritated me.
Around this time, Boom has came across Kadieon, the elf from the letter and Kadieon said various things that while troubling, I can potentially put into great use. If anybody can worship a deity and gains powers this way, one can possibly pretend to worship or actually worship, multiple, perhaps even more than a deity and the quote and quote peace loving diety. Perhaps one can even go even further and worship something which is not a deity and still gain power, like oneself.
In the room where greed was there was a split, we had to go one way or another, and so we did. We ended up in the room with Envy inside it, and Envy tried to make us attack the other party. We did not however and when one of us got to the pool, Envy attacked us. We slayed Envy pretty quickly. Then one of the goblins decided to see what the light was, for it might be magic. It turns out that it was not magic but rather a giant fish that tried to eat many of us. We struggled to keep goblins alive while we pull them out, this problem was magnified by a crown that one of us was wearing. During the time of the fish, Picks tried to do something to the crown, which turned out to be Pride, who was much more tolerable than the other sins, and especially Narfe. I was annoyed at Narfe, and was tired of what he did and what he put us through and I hated him. I was irritated at what he has done, the lies that he cast at us and he locked the doors while we were healing before the battle of Pride.
I was able to fight Pride. Me. I am not a fighter, but I am very good with words. And the battle was themed as such. We decided upon a rap battle, even though Pride did not wish to do it at first. With good reason as I slayed Pride with my very own. I then decided to become the new Pride, the better Pride. It was part of my destiny to slay him and to become Pride myself. I am still on the way, but even know I feel the power it grants me. It was a shame to see a good sin go, but to become one is exciting and is the first thing that I thoroughly enjoyed since becoming an adventurer.
Anyways after defeating Pride, I pissed off Narfe enough that he decided he wanted to face us next. Deserved him right after what he had done to us. Anyways, he was being a chicken and lazy by sending out a beast with a large heart that tried, he said that he is the sin of love, but I do not believe the lies, he is the fusion of many. The heart beast attacked us and we used manakins to annoy Narfe who was playing the organ to make the beast better at combat. He took away our efforts of changing our minions into something else and made them to be fire and ice. That was pretty annoying. We were able to destroy the monster, with the finishing blow being a rather large wall of text that I summoned upon him.
One Bluff Too Many and Picks the Plan changed personalities around this time, Bluff becoming Happy to be Cursed, and Picks becoming Receives Many Beatings. After defeating Narfe, Born got up and grabbed a piece of the the sacrificial stone, and we all saw before us a vision of a group that was once similar to ours, but now we stray from, and also had voices similar to ours. They talked a bit about helping the kid, which was the mortal form of Asatun. The vision vanished shortly after all of them decided to use it. We then grabbed items from the chest and we shortly got out, for it was falling down. I messaged the chief afterwards and we started traveling back. Or would have. I put on the ring that I got in the dungeon, sensing no danger from it, only to have something called a Hitchhiker in my head. I was not pleased at the moment and me and Born had a journey back into my mind while the others travel back and spotted some ravens along the way. Dares and I argued as to who gets what and after leaving the tomb I suggested that he either leave or stay and help, he decided to stay for the time being. We have also met up with Boom at this time, who is apparently a wild card.
They got to the city while Born and I were messing around in my own mind. I wanted the elf out, but after hearing what the elf has been through Born felt sorry for it. Afterwards, I traveled to knowledge to see if he could actually do anything, and he canÔÇÖt do anything physically to me. I then traveled to Order, a headless man in a plane that is outside of my own mind, but I was still in my mind. It was confusing. He suggested that I do what the elf said about something, but I could not at the point for Born was gone. I went back to the real world and not my subconscious and said to the elf that he gives me advice and also tells me what Order says, and what is controlling me, and he does not get annoyed by me. Of course, that does not mean I would not otherwise, but so far he has not annoyed me and I am starting to like the guy. This may be a terrible thing, and one of the things I am keeping track of. Anyways while in the city we did various things, a couple people were able to buy potions of potential, one with money he did not earn by his own sake, but money that he gained from a manakin, one of our minions. The love or lust manakin got loose and he decided to grab it, and was fortunate enough that the guards did not notice and that Vires was not in the mood to just simply kill him straight away. Almost Drowns and various other goblins were just trying to make money. Almost saw Thorval and saw that his arm was getting damaged by a damaged mana core or something similar. Dares decided to try to tame a dragon. I was trying to find out what it is to be an elemental and if I was truly cursed like Mobius said, but he got it all wrong, I am not cursed, and even if it was, it does not act like one at all. Born was trying to find out what the jabbawack did and then Gideon the guard herded us to the healing place where Almost was and we saw what appears to be Ansem. And Gideon blamed us for bringing him here and was almost to the point of fighting. This is the point where we lost Dares Devils, Happy to be Cursed, and Receives Many Beatings.ÔÇØ

...Yea you thought that I wouldn't put it on here?
► Show Spoiler

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On

"Wow Cut, just make the story about you, why don't you. You left out tons of interesting stuff! First, there was when we all decided to become adventurers, ready to protect the village! Unfortunately, Chief wasn't all that happy with what we did, but he still told us about the visions our teller was having, of the end of the world and the green meteor. Born met up with a time traveling gnome somehow I'm still not really sure what that was about. Then a human showed up who wanted to learn about the heartbound connection, but it turns out his dad was in the visions the teller had seen, so we asked him to take us to his father. On the way to the human city there was the fight with the wolves, that wasn't very interesting but we found some useful items. Once we got to the city, most of us went to do work(I started delivering mail) while Cut and Dares went to go warn the human king, and to meet our human friends' father, who turned out to be a very important churchmember. He told us more about the green comet, and how it had been stopped before using a sacrifice stone, that required the souls of adventurers to power it. Once we heard that, we knew that the stone was important for us to save the world, so we decided to go find the pieces. Oh, and Born got kidnapped by rainbow robed fanatics who worshiped him but ended up accidentally killing him. He talked to death and then got better though, so that's alright. After the debacle with the jail and subsequent breakout that cut mentioned, i was on a mission delivering mail to the Chief when i got attacked by a crazy badger controlled by ravens. I survived, but then we had to fight Black Smoke, who was associated with the crows somehow. We beat him, took the manakin bag that Cut mentioned, and then decided to go to Narfe's tomb to look for a piece of the sacrifice stone. We had to fight our way through tons of sin elementals, and i found an elemental tome, that made me an awesome wind mage! it was so cool. Unfortunately, Born fell in a trap and got poisoned until he fought the poison in his own mind, creating a 5th dimensional bow out of nothing, and defeating madness, a rogue part of his personality. He also met the guardian of chaos, i think. Man, Born is so weird sometimes. After we rescued Born and kept fighting our way forward, Cut pissed off Narfe so much that he started actively trying to kill us, and we had to fight his huge L??? elemental, which hit REALLY HARD. We won anyway, and got a piece of the sacrifice stone as well as some sweet loot, half of which we don't even know what it does. We also got a clue that something important might be in the pirates cove, so we resolved to go there after we rested in the town and got our bearings. Oh, and Boom showed up. Boom had been teleported to the desert city by kaledion, where he met up with some resistance fighters against the desert king. He became friends with Ansem, who worked for the mind guardian, and Ansem helped him trek back to the tomb where we were. Along the way they got attacked by a swearing bard that looked similar to the Black Smoke we defeated earlier, and Ansem bought time for Boom to get to us. As we traveled back to town, I talked with the mannequins for awhile and learned more about their home plane, where all the magic had been sucked out by an evil guy, killing their mother in the process. There were also some weird ring/universe things that i'm still trying to figure out. We arrived in town, and everyone got ready for the trip to the pirates cove, and i learned who had destroyed the mannequins home(It was the champion of the humans arena!) and found a book from a gnome time traveler that i can't wait to read. Then Ansem showed up, possessed by the mind guardian and badly injured, and that's what we're dealing with now. That's all i can remember off the top of my head anyway, it's a good thing i'm writing this all down. If i didn't, so much adventuring would be lost!"

Well, that's pretty much what i can remember, with some bits skimmed over for time. Born really is weird, isn't he. ;)

Edit: oh man, that text color has to change. It is making my eyes bleed. There, that should work.
Last edited by madmartin26 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:12 pm

(darker...green please? your green is so bright here. Also I didn't include Keenspot info when I made it!)

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah, i just noticed that. Edited so only my name is colored.

Edit: Oh, your version was fine, but Studies wasn't going to just let you make the history. Besides, it was pretty centered on you. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

madmartin26 wrote:Yeah, i just noticed that. Edited so only my name is colored.

Edit: Oh, your version was fine, but Studies wasn't going to just let you make the history. Besides, it was pretty centered on you. :roll:
alrighty then!
"Well I did say when we last left off the last notes that have been there and have not been forgotten, words that are still in their place. Those words still reside there and withold their power and I thought that I should not indudge with what is already there, but yes I suppose that is important too, but I do not think it was us that choose that route at all, but rather the guaridans that I believe reside in our heads, and they forced us to become adventurers of class which was best suited with our personalities or ideals. This is perhaps why Visions did not see us as adventurers when the vision came to her. And Order has said that he has ....influenced me in some ways, I am betting this so called choice was one of them."

(Yes, it was centered on cut, that is why mort didn't like it XD. I asked if I should make a more neutral one but no response. I was going to use him and nigh together too! And this is Cut speaking...so of course it's going to be centered around him! :freaky: )

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:04 am

Hi Mortimer.

I just found a little backup for this game.

it was the mail you did send me when I took over Drowns for asks. So it is a summary from Mortimer himself. Maybe this helps you, here it is:
About 5 days and 5 turns ago, which is apparently some really weird kind of time management, 7 I mean 8 goblins decide to become adventurers, due to the fact of ten goblins defeating a demon 50 years ago, which made the entire world see goblins at an elevated status. Sadly for said goblins said status isn't "Oh praise you all mighty goblins!" but more like "We barely tolerate your presence.", which they were hoping to change by becoming adventurers. The first step of becoming adventurers of course, to try and take everything out of what little armory the goblin village had, and then slaughter some poor innocent animals. Anyways, their teller, who by the way is a pretty incompetent teller since she hasn't had a single decent vision in the past two years and had to resort to calling the young'uns "suckshisthumb" and "likesmilk". Though with great coincidence on that very same day she was found blacked out on the ceremonial site due to some vision of a catastrophic event, lighting the whole world on fire, like the multiverse's greatest barbecue. Basically the vision was about a blindfolded man opening a door with a symbol the goblins did not yet recognize on it. It also so turns out that, coincidentally enough, a mage visited their village requesting to study the goblin and their unique connection to "fate". After the classic goblin welcome to the vilage, which included our adventurers pointing at him with dangerous sticks and spears and interrogating him for all he knows, they eventually found out that the person the teller had seen in her visage was that of, conveniently enough, his dad. So after the goblins slayed some wolves, because Born had heard they were evil and pawns of a maffia boss that ruled among the forest animals called the forest guardian, by a squirrel with a gambling debt. Born tends to attract such kind of thigns for a reason. Which is not to mention the fact he got a message from the fucking future just before they left the village for Valdenoir, where the mage, whose name is Tripp, lives.

Once arriving, our adventurers immediately begin to act as if they were in some kind of MMORPG, meaning that they pretty much did two things- Getting their quests, and grinding all the repeatable tasks for at least a whole day to try and earn money. Anyways, considering the quest part they talked to Tripp's father, Mobius, which did know what the symbol represented. So he explains the item is called the "sacrifice's stone", called so because 8 people literally sacrificed their souls to create it with the help of everyone's favorite do-good god, Asatun, to ward of the destruction of the plane by an event called the "green meteor".

It then turns out that the stone broke up in 7 pieces after it's use, these pieces being scattered across the whole plane, and considering the vision, decide that they need to reassemble the stone. Which pretty much means they traveling all across the damn globe, many major cities apparently holding one piece of the stone, including the very city they were in at the time, which makes them decide to speak to the king. But apparently the king doesn't know anything about the world ending, and hence doesn't really feel obligated to do anything special for the goblins. But turns out he didn't need to do any preparation whatsoever, because their piece of the sacrifice's stone, which they kept in a glass container on a pretty pedestal in their museum turned out to be stolen. Just as everything else in the museum for that matter.

Meanwhile in the city's arena, due to an act of extreme stupidity bravery Picks got himself captured in the very same arena. However, through the power of diplomacy, managed to get himself out. But not before meeting Boom, another goblin captive that had decided to become an adventurer on his own accord, though his backstory on that part seems to be that he just got very, very drunk. Anyways, together with some of his fellow captives, he decides to make his escape, which coincides with a powerful mage trying to break out his friend, his first spell being one to unlock every lock in the entire arena, causing chaos in the entire arena. And also making the entire plan he executed to get out in the first place obsolete. They all decide to run straight into the arena in the hope of escaping and in the same time discovering what I just explained, finding the mage Kaleidon trying to escape with his friend Arcano by teleporting away through a ritual. They succeed in doing so, but not before the arena champion kills Arcano with a single hit, as the teleport spell brings them to the desert city which I can't recall the name of at this exact moment of time.

Before that Studies had taken the very important duty of mail, and discovered that there had been a letter addressed to his chief a very long time ago, and decides to head there on his own. On his way there he is almost killed by a damn badger who was apparently under mind control of a nearby raven. Luckily for him he was able to be saved by the help of the forest notorious maffia boss, by Born asking him for help, hence ruining my plan to kill all my heroes thus. Delivering the letter they discovered it was from nobody else then Kaleidon, asking them about a "recent" event considering a divine event at their location. Thing is, with an delivery time somewhat close to "two years ago" that event wasn't so "recent", and it occurred to the goblins that perhaps it had something to do with the previous tellers disappearance, which is the whole reason they have to resort to an teller who names goblins "suckshisthumb".

On his way back to the village, he suddenly not found a single raven behind his back, but more like thirty. Which, with certainty, could mean only one thing- 30 badgers. Which would probably have made for a far more hilarious boss battle, but after running back to the village the first villain revealed himself- A cyborg with most of his body replaced with a weird kind of black metal. Luckily for the goblins, Gideon, captain of the guard and Tripp's brother came to help them out, and eventually they defeated "Black Smoke". Well, not really defeat him as in kill him, because who or whatever is his boss apparently then killed him by making him choke. Which turned out to only be a play the goblins learned far afterwards through cryptic foreshadowing, but not yet really knowing exactly what he ended up doing after waking up from his fake death.

Anyways, after their battle they head to their first dungeon, a place called "Narfe's tomb" which was, well, a tomb. With the one exception the guy that was supposedly dead in there was alive and there to greet them. The goblins progressed through the dungeon, killing several sin elementals on their way through. At the end discovering they were Narfe's sins brought alive by a powerful curse that was cast upon him by a powerful sorceress he was smitten by, after giving her more then a few reason for her despising him. After the goblins killed the L??? elemental, the final battle, Narfe, who had lost more then a few screws by that point decides he rather be cursed then alive and healthy, which finally manages to piss off said sorceress enough to make her pay a personal visit. After one final "insult", she kills him, and rewards the goblins with the first piece of the sacrifice's stone. It displays a vision which appears to have happened at the very creation of the universe, but nobody was watching that because everyone was busy collecting their AWESOME TREASURE.

Boom in the meanwhile had ended up in the desert village, and decided to help Kaleidon because he in turn would reward them greatly, and in the desert city having money instantly means being important, which immediately granted Kaleidon a place at the palace to stay. Boom helped him in the construction of what Kaleidon called a "divine bomb", it's purpose he soon after explained. The reason he was wanted by many of the cities is because of the fact he made a startling discovery which apparently his elder council did not want to get into the public. He claims the event known as the "green meteor" was nothing more then a made up fairytale, and by logic deduction, then assumes the sacrifice's stone was nothing more then a tool to help elevate Asatun to the status of a "fake god". What is more, he also believes he somehow blocked access for all other gods to their plane - Instead pretending to be said gods whilst trying to raise his own power. The divine bomb he was trying to craft was a way to make sure once and for all that this is the case, because if successful, it would leave Asatun without powers for a short while, and in turn meaning that there would not be a single god, since he is nothing more then a pretend god. And of course if being wrong instantly being smitten by about a hundred gods at the same time.

Whilst in the city he also visits a clan of rebels that try to revolt against the current regime of the city by planning a takeover. Boom decides not to help the rebels, but in the process of doing so meets Ansem, a powerful psychic. Reading Boom's mind he instantly decides he needs to talk to the goblins who at that moment where still in the tomb, offering Boom to escort them there.

Ansem also visited Boom in his mind a few times, due to a crazy accident Boom had had which in turn also allowed him to visit other people's minds- Though far less effectively then Ansem seemed capable. This in turn seemed to be caused by two guardians "living" in their head, or at least it appears to be that way - Ansem's guardian being one of mind whilst Born is one of chaos. And him being absolutely certain he is the only one with a guardian.

On their way to the tomb, they pass through a dwarven outpost in the mountain - Which is when they are assaulted by a second mechanical warrior, a skinny guy basically wearing an electric guitar for a weapon. Boom decides to make his escape on demand of Ansem, who duels with the warrior. Eventually Boom arrives at the dungeon whilst the other goblins are doing the final battle, and eventually escapes with them, which brings us to where we are now. And I am stupid for writing this out so elaborately since if this doesn't scare away people I don't know. :roll:
Here is the skill overview I got for Drowns:
PALADIN

Lvl1 Smite/detect evil

Lvl2:
+ Lay on hands: restore 1 HP, minor action. Can not be used in battle
- Bless: Boosts an ally's defence with 1 for the duration of the battle.

Lvl 3: +1DEF
Choice between:
- Justice: An attack that does +1 damage for each missing HP- Requires both minor and major action for that turn.
+ Poison resistance: Resistance to all poisons

Lvl4 :
PASSIVE:
- Holy aura: a holy aura automaticly hurts evil enemies for 1 damage in combat.
+ Divine favor: An attack that would knock him out instead leaves him remaining on 1HP. Any attack released on him from that point will, however, knock him out.
Abilities:
+ Purify: minor action, restores 1HP.
- Radiance: can be used once each day. Emits a burst of lightning that dazes all evil enemies, leaving them unable to attack.

+1 AP left
And here is a picture of our equipment from the one time we tried to reorganize it so nobody is too weak. After that we got some better gear for beating the mechanical heart vessel. I remember enchanted boots for Drowns, +2 ATK, +1 DEF. If everybody else remembers his newly gained item, we would be on the latest update.
Eqipment Overview.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:11 am

Our equipment and stats are all in Obsidian Portal, so that's fine.