Threads of reality - OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Thread of reality - The end? Nope

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Well, I am quite intrested but the question is....will my schedule allow such things?
AT the moment, yes...but I seem to be quickly becoming overloaded
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 pm

All loot of the other party members is for you to take if you feel it would be more useful on your person.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:22 pm

I think i'm good on items for now(I already got a big boost from the 100 gold i got from the mage), but somebody might want to get the potions and potion materials from Happy. I did think he already gave the potionmaster the ecos though.

Studies

"Er, it doesn't look like you guys need my help anymore; I don't know any healing spells, and it doesn't seem like there's going to be a fight anymore. And I really want to read this book... So i'm just gonna stay here, alright?"

Studies eagerly starts reading the first chapter of the time travelers book he found on the shelf. If he has time afterward/during, he checks what the possible greed enchantments are again(i seem to remember an enchantment that increases speed...).

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Aw nice. Let me take a look at what sort of stuff we've got lying around...

Weapons:
► Show Spoiler
Armor:
► Show Spoiler
Other:
► Show Spoiler
And a grand total of 123 gold. (Totally gonna buy that mysterious egg.)

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh, I suppose i will take the deck of cards, if no one objects. and are we going to use the money on group objectives or divvy it up?

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm not sure what we should spend the money on, but I'd rather we pool it and buy something cool that helps the whole group, like a magic item or a new spell or something. Whenever this group gets spending money, it becomes every man for himself. Maybe we could buy riding dogs for the whole party?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 pm

We should pool the moneys. I tried to do so earlier but failed...
Anyways, I will take the rapier, I needed a weapon and the belt of languages, Cut should speak ALL OF THEM.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Maybe? Do you remember how much Casper cost? Anyway, i agree that getting something for the group with the money would be best, especially since all the characters still with us have already gotten their share of the money.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:16 pm

20 gp me thinks. Oh yea, and Cut gives Born the helment, because piercing damage boosted by crown is awesome and I am pretty sure that it boosts wordsling.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Fortunately for us, M0rt put the list of buyable items on Obsidian Portal before the forum crashed.

List of mounts (riding dogs are 10 gold)

List of buyable spells

List of enchantments

These should be enough to keep us occupied.

Edit: Aw, wait, what if we bought some of those elemental tomes? The ones that permanently give your character new abilities or something, like Studies got?

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Actually, the supreme ward spell looks totally awesome. (minor action, +3 def for everyone and ranged attackers are immune to damage, for only 50 gold). I don't even care who gets the spell, that would be really helpful. Plus, we could get that AND riding dogs for everyone, if we want.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:49 pm

I can get it. And then maybe boost it with words sling. Hell maybe even the crown. That and silence...aw yess....

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Ooh, nice. (I'm a little worried about how M0rt will react to the players suddenly gaining the ability to become invincible, but it looks well worth it.)

Detect Magic and Dispel Magic look like good things to have around, too, and they're really cheap if we don't bother with focus items. I'd suggest Magic Hand, too, but Studies already has stuff like that covered.

(By the way, turns out I saved a copy of Ansem's conversation with Born about how his powers work and what they can be used for, because I kept having to go back and reread it. So that's something. I don't have anything else, though - I just saved the rest of the important updates that I kept needing to find in my favorites.)

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:53 pm

I wouldn't mind being able to detect and dispel magic again(Though i think i can still detect magic by sensing it somehow? I'm not really sure how that works). M0rt, does magical ability affect how likely detect magic is to find something and/or how likely dispel magic is to work?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:54 pm

I gave mort a huge paper of previous updates ...like 159ish pages? Oh and I have a holy focus item already (with healing) which is going to be given to born (most likely to use that damned thing)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 pm

.......a dragon would be something that helps the whole group :puppy:

In all seriousness, could I have one of the Iron Breastplates and the language belt? Being able to talk to the dragon regularly, without having to borrow the belt every five minutes, would be good (once I've actually bought him, of course). Plus it would go quite well with my Charmspeak trait, since I'm pretty sure targets need to understand me for it to work on them.
You guys can do what you want with the rest of the items and money.
Although, we should be able to get much more by selling all the useless stuff. So, if you've got any left over after that; say, 50ish gold...... :puppy:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:43 am

Yeah I have what was saved from the updates, though large chunks of it are missing. It's like trying to read a book that has been mostly lost in a fire or something. :/

So guys, should we make this the OOC thread?

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Thread of reality - The end?

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:37 am

Godbot wrote:"Oh gods, Ansem! Why is everyone just - get out of the way!" cries Born, pushing his way past the guards to the front of the group and turning to glare up at Gideon. "The body this Guardian is controlling is a living person, who I know, but his body's been completely destroyed. The Guardian is keeping him alive right now, but if he returns control to its owner, he'll die. But we can still save his life if we heal the body! Isn't that all you humans care about?" he demands. "Looking out for your own race? What does it even matter if he was rude to you? He's trying to save someone's life!"

"Come on, let's go inside," Born says over his shoulder to the MG, probably without listening to Gideon. "If I can use this cleric thing, I'll do what I can to help."
"Sir, please excuse the harsh words from Born.-" he points on Born "-I don't know what dispute you have with this man, but it will have to wait until he is healed. " Almost Drowns says, trying to intervene and calm Gideon down. "As a paladin I cannot idly stand by and let somebody die. You seem like a man of honor yourself, so i am sure you will understand. If he has broken the law or whatever, you still can arrest him afterwards. Now excuse us please, he came here for healing." Drowns helps Born to get the hurt person to a somewhere were he can lie down and cast his strongest healing spells on him.

OOC:
I would like an upgrade for my healing abilities too, maybe one of those greater focus spellstones. That way I could cast at least once two of my strongest spells in one turn. But so far I only got 22 gold and it costs 40. Anything else i think is to expensive, like greater heal with +3 hp (which would not be that good of an upgrade, since I can already do +2).

@Mortimer: Can you please add the link to the obsidian portal in your signature again? Would be nice. :)
Yes, we should make this the ooc thread and this time be much more strict with OOC talk in the update+post thread - strict like moving it here or deleting it. That would also help those who have less time to be able to follow the story better.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
:zzz:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:39 am

Yeah, making this OOC makes sense to me.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:33 am

Sorry Burns I deleted your thread. I'm just going to rename this to the OOC thread and put up the new main thread soon. I think it's best if only I can access that. :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 am

...You don't trust me with even that? :S

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 am

Ofcourse I do! :shifty:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Oh and I have a holy focus item already (with healing) which is going to be given to born (most likely to use that damned thing)
Yeah, I figured out what you were talking about after I saw ObsidianPortal. Good thinking, getting us a reusable healing item.
Nerre wrote:I would like an upgrade for my healing abilities too, maybe one of those greater focus spellstones. That way I could cast at least once two of my strongest spells in one turn. But so far I only got 22 gold and it costs 40. Anything else i think is to expensive, like greater heal with +3 hp (which would not be that good of an upgrade, since I can already do +2).
And that's a pretty clever idea, too. Drowns being able to heal two people in one turn without having to leave combat, on top of Cut's group healing, sounds fantastic. I think at this point we've got plenty of healing ability already, probably way more than we actually need, but it's something to think about.

Edit: Crazy ideas about spamming a buff as a free action removed, due to a misunderstanding of how focus objects work. Still cool, though.
Nerre wrote:@Mortimer: Can you please add the link to the obsidian portal in your signature again? Would be nice.
Yes, we should make this the ooc thread and this time be much more strict with OOC talk in the update+post thread - strict like moving it here or deleting it. That would also help those who have less time to be able to follow the story better.
Here you go. You can always just save that in your bookmarks, you know. And by the way, you're in luck - since we're down to six players, updates are inevitably going to be shorter and easier to follow. Should be easier on everyone.

(Oh, and Nerre, do you want that +2 sword that heals you every time you get a kill? I thought you might be interested in it, being our tank and all, and you could use a shield with it if you ever get sick of that two-handed sword we made you take. Not saying you have to take it, just thought you might like it.)
Dusk9 wrote:In all seriousness, could I have one of the Iron Breastplates and the language belt? Being able to talk to the dragon regularly, without having to borrow the belt every five minutes, would be good (once I've actually bought him, of course). Plus it would go quite well with my Charmspeak trait, since I'm pretty sure targets need to understand me for it to work on them.
You guys can do what you want with the rest of the items and money.
Although, we should be able to get much more by selling all the useless stuff. So, if you've got any left over after that; say, 50ish gold......
Yup, go ahead and take the chestplate. At this point, you're the only one who can use one but doesn't have one anyway. Burn wants the belt of languages too, though, so you'll have to take that up with her. And yeah, we should definitely sell the stuff we don't need.
Last edited by Godbot on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 am

Oh, I just remembered a particular question one of you guys asked to the mind guardian before the forum died, and now seem to have forgotten about. A question of which I'm not sure if I'm relieved or saddened by the fact that it seems to have been forgotten. So obviously I am required to make a cryptic post about it.

Anyways- I'll make a thread now, though the update probably won't be until at least monday.

Also one thing- No selling equipment from the other characters, just in case we'd find a replacement. Everything else is fair game though.

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Thread of reality - OOC thread

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Godbot: Do we already have the +2 sword with healing or would we have to buy it? Well, on the other hand i am doing not much damage, and it says "kill" not "hurt". I am not sure how mortimer deals with the attack order or if it is enough to be in the group that kills something. Since Drowns does not do that much damage i am not sure if it is a good trade. he might not get many kills, only assist in them. Does that count? And how much does it heal?

The focus item would be very fine indeed.
:zzz: