Threads of reality - OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Thread of reality - OOC thread

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 am

Oh he is referring to jax, the black guadian from the last game. The thing is....cut does not care too much about it. And he has been influencing some thoughts

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:22 am

Cut wouldn't even know about him. ;)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 am

Exacly! Hence he does not care!

I rememver making Jax feel ...what is the word...ingdignified? When Speaks was holding his hand to make sure he would not go anywhere and do anything destructive, rather than killing him. Then Picks killed him!

edit: also the ward spell is even better because if one just uses range attacks or nothing at all they are immune to damage.

Also greater heal sounds like a major. Not minor. So maybe 4 hp per round, not 6. (And as someone who has the healbot role it seems really silly that the paladins are overpowering the cleric when I don't have much else to go on :/) That and dusk is correct, 120 gp is a bit too much for healing when we have so much already and now that we have a way to be immune to damage it is not as important.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Also greater heal sounds like a major. Not minor. So maybe 4 hp per round, not 6. (And as someone who has the healbot role it seems really silly that the paladins are overpowering the cleric when I don't have much else to go on :/) That and dusk is correct, 120 gp is a bit too much for healing when we have so much already and now that we have a way to be immune to damage it is not as important.
It is in the spellliste on the obsidian portal. Look at magic equipment.
+3 hp, not 4 or more. It is +5 in my calculation if it is combined with the greater focus item.
Though there is no description if it is minor or mayor, at least the focus item would be free (or minor if we buy the cheap one). So far most spells were minor or free.

On the other hand you might be right with the shield spell, that could limit the damage. On the other hand I expect Mortimer to bring up stronger enemies, now we can withstand more. That would not only keep things exciting, but also be a good reason to give us better loot and more gold. ;)

Maybe Mortimer could tell us if greater heal is a mayor or minor action, no matter if we buy it or not.
:zzz:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Greater heal is indeed a major. Also, the focus object allows to store a spell that can be released later for free indeed, but the item will still need to be charged by the spell you'd wish to see used- Which would require the action it would regularly take to cast the spell.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Greater heal is indeed a major. Also, the focus object allows to store a spell that can be released later for free indeed, but the item will still need to be charged by the spell you'd wish to see used- Which would require the action it would regularly take to cast the spell.
Which (minor action) i gave to born to have another healing capability but we can probably store other fun things later.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
M0rtimer wrote:Greater heal is indeed a major. Also, the focus object allows to store a spell that can be released later for free indeed, but the item will still need to be charged by the spell you'd wish to see used- Which would require the action it would regularly take to cast the spell.
Which (minor action) i gave to born to have another healing capability but we can probably store other fun things later.
I think the old item was different. It allowed to recast the last spell put on it infinitly with a chance of failing and having a negative effect.
The greater focus allows only to cast the stored spell once, but with no chance of a negative effect. At least it reads like that. That is why I described its function like a rechargable +3 hp potion.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Oh yeah, your speaking of the amulet- Born has that I believe. And your very right about the greater focus in that way.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Nerre, no one's arguing that you being able to heal 3 HP instead of 1 wouldn't be a good thing - we just don't see how it's worth 120 gold, when our cleric is going to learn that spell for free, and we could spend that kind of money on things like that full-party shield spell, or mounts for the entire party, or magic items and potions of potential. Maybe later in the game it would be a good thing to have, but right now we have other things that we need more than extra healing.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:34 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Oh yeah, your speaking of the amulet- Born has that I believe. And your very right about the greater focus in that way.
Born has the amulet with the super curse (13 damage three targets) AND minor focus (heal 2)

Mort really needs to update our inv. cause i KNOW I bought it and charged it.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 am

Maybe I could get a potions of potential for Drowns? If we are lucky he will get a taunt-skill out of it, since you can't tank if the enemy does not want to hit you. Then being able to take much more damage than the others is worthless.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:21 am

...Did you just try to shh Cut? You do realize that does not work....right? I tried that. He just keeps on talking. And constantly urges me to do more. And more. And more. Till I am tired and can't do such.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 am

As always, cut is going to remember what actually happened. Even if people correct him.

List of things to sell:
sharpened tusk, elven wine, dagger, posions (maybe? Or we can try to use them), candlesticks, extra bow, extra armour.

Things I would like to have:
Belt of Languages (you can borrow it later for the dragon but right now Cut really would like it), rapier (he needed a weapon for a while, and this one suits him and it's defense slightly counteracts the defense I lost from gaining the crown, and now he can have the title of battle cleric), and maybe a potion or two.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:55 am

Actually, I'll be rather busy for today, as I have to stay at school until at least half seven and an assignment due tomorrow... So what do we say we just make today's "update" one arranging what is going to be bought and sold? Like just post here what you guys would want to buy and what you'd want to sell, and I'll tell you what is gained/lost accordingly.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Things I would like to have:
Belt of Languages (you can borrow it later for the dragon but right now Cut really would like it), rapier (he needed a weapon for a while, and this one suits him and it's defense slightly counteracts the defense I lost from gaining the crown, and now he can have the title of battle cleric), and maybe a potion or two.
Well, I suppose there's no reason you couldn't have the Belt for now. However, once I've released the dragon, I'll really need some way of communicating with him consistantly. Which will likely mean keeping the Belt on me at all times, instead of just borrowing it.
I guess I could always buy some sort of draconic translator, but that seems like a bit of a waste when we've already got something that can do the job. Is there any reason you really need the Belt, beyond interest because it's cool?

As for selling/buying: I can't really look into that now, cause I'm at work at the moment. I might have some time in an hour or so though.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:09 am

Cut can talk to anything. ANYTHING. What is wrong with that? It might have been something I was looking into as a part of a potential thing to get from PoP. It is something he is definitely interested in, if not want.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:33 am

Well, alright. I'll see how much a draconic translator is then. If it's really expensive though, we'll probably end up having to share the Belt.

Now, shopping!

Things I want from the leftover item pile: x1 Iron Chestplate, Complete Crafting Kit, Hammer and Chisel
Stuff nobody needs that can be sold: x2 Sharpened Tusk, Elven Wine, Dagger, Bow, 1x Iron Chestplate, x1 Leather Coif, x1 Skull Helmet, +1 Iron Sword, Candlesticks, x2 Leather Boots, x3 Leather Gloves, x3 Leather Pants, x2 Studded Leather Body (includes mine), x4 Bones, x10 Fangs, x5 Claws, Spare Crafting Kit, x1 Spear, x1 Harpoon
Stuff we should probably keep: 1x Leather Coif (Boom needs), Wand of Fireballs, Pickaxe, potions, potion ingredients

Not sure what I want to buy yet, but I would like to look for a draconic translator of some sort, to see how expensive they are. Also, how much it would cost to get full Iron armour for Hears (need pants, boots, and helmet to complete the set).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 am

There is probably a spellbook/skill book to teach draconic, too...

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 am

@Dusk: Potion of potential for me.

If you think the healing spell is to expensive and unnecessary, I will go for something else.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 am

No PoPs yet. There might be some at the pirates but for cheaper. And from what mort said, we need as much money as we can get our hands on.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:No PoPs yet. There might be some at the pirates but for cheaper. And from what mort said, we need as much money as we can get our hands on.
Burns is right. The full-party shield spell is a good investment basically no matter what, so we're almost definitely going with that, and we've still got ~200 gold altogether, 73 of which is reserved for spending as a group (123-50=73). We're holding off on buying anything else until we know what the situation is in Kraken's Cove. (A PoP for Drowns would be a pretty good idea, though, but let's wait and see if we can respec our characters or multiclass before deciding on that.)

I have to say, I like this system of spending money as a group a lot better than everyone focusing on their own characters. Let's stick with it.

Oh, and I'd like the other leather coif, actually. We can sell Born's +1 skull helmet instead, along with that +1 fur robe I've still got in my inventory. I think I should probably hold onto the bow, though, since I'm pretty sure Born physically takes the Jabbawack with him when he uses Deep Dive, and I'm slightly more comfortable with Madness/Auto-Born having an emergency weapon than not. But only slightly.

Sell: +1 fur robe, +1 skull helmet (in place of the leather coif)

Buy: Thirty-six +0 arrows and six +1 arrows, using my own gold

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:36 pm

I still think getting the full party ward spell is a good idea. It's a lot of defense for very little(comparative) expenditure. not sure what other stuff we need though.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm

madmartin26 wrote:I still think getting the full party ward spell is a good idea. It's a lot of defense for very little(comparative) expenditure. not sure what other stuff we need though.
Don't worry, we're definitely still getting that. I think Burns bought it this turn, actually.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh yes and reading it first.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Alright, so let's see:

Things being sold:
2 sharpened tusk: 6 gold
Elven wine: 10 gold (apparently it's rare)
dagger: 3 gold
bow: 7 gold
iron chestplate: 10 gold
2 skull helmet: 2 gold
fur robe: 3 gold
+1 iron sword: 17 gold
candlesticks: 15 gold
2 leather boots: 6 gold
3 leather gloves: 9 gold
2 studded leather body: 12 gold
4 bones: 4 gold
10 fangs: 5 gold
5 claws: 2 gold

crafting kit: 4 gold
spear (+2 ATT I believe it was- I'll adjust if I'm wrong in that) 3 gold.
harpoon: 7 gold.

Total worth: 127 gold. With 25% reduction that comes down to 96 gold earned from selling all that stuff.

Buying:
Surpreme ward: 50 gold
thirty-six arrows: 6 gold (Born)
six +1 arrows: 5 gold (Born)
Draconic books: 20 gold (?)

I will be checking ObsidianPortal tomorrow for all the items and remove them and replace them by the sum of gold that is earned from it. What will be done with the money is up to you guys, but as it is for the group I expect it to be a group decision. If there's no clear decision, I'll just equally distribute it amongst everyone. If you guys would wish to buy something else/ Not sell one of the items listed, notify me before then, kay? :)