Threads of reality - OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Threads of reality - OOC thread

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Ya know, part of me was hoping one of you guys would suggest that... I got some cool ideas for it, but as Godbot said, it's not terribly plot-relevant. It'd just be an "interesting detour". So if you guys want to do that, is up to you... :roll:

Also, Burns is right- There's no way for anyone to actually check the ether- The best thing that Born could do is enter the ether and take someone with him- Which would actually require entering the ether first and going to their consciousness...

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Drowns can join him, but I am sure he cannot do it on his own, just "taking a look". He got the true sight potion, so if you take him along it can work.

Mortimer: can we asume we are back to full health? Cause then the divine intervention would be active again, so I can at least tank 1 turn no matter what is comming for us.
:zzz:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm

M0rtimer wrote:And you'd definitely want to see what's waiting in the ether for you first... :roll:
>:I

Fine, fine. I'll rewrite my post later. I guess I should probably leave the area, so that auto-Born doesn't have a chance to mess things up. Unless we're visiting Atlantis tomorrow, rather than immediately?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Pulling things out of context aren't you? when I said that I meant that you should visit the ether to see what I was talking about before considering the feat we were talking about... :roll:

Also, yeah, with HoT everyone would be at full health again.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:42 pm

IF you want to check out the ether and need someone to come with you, Studies would be willing. I don't really have anything for him to do right now.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm

So you guys probably want to decide if going to Atlantis is something you really want to do, and if so, act on it. :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Detour!!!

:3 I think we should go. Should be helpful.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Yeah, I'm on board with a field trip to Atlantis.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 am

I'm a little worried that the detour will cut down on our remaining time too much, but then again it's atlantis and it has a magical book that sees the future. There's no way Studies is passing that up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 pm

That's cool. I'm still going to need some incentive to go there, though- Anything along the lines of "that could be useful... Maybe we should go along to check that" would work.

On that note, as I only have a single action, no update for today. Also my birthday yaaaay.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 pm

One convenient excuse, coming right up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 am

Just a note- The whole 'breathing' problem isn't a matter of there not being enough oxygen- It's pressure. As in, the whole area is under heavier pressure than you usually experience, like a plane descending... Is that a good analogy? I dunno? Hence the "ears popping", though I understand if it wasn't exactly clear.

Studies wind magic can probably still alleviate that some, but still. :roll:

I also realize that my science is probably off somewhere here, but I'm claiming artistic license if that's the case... Feel free to enlighten me, though. :P

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:16 am

Artistic liscense is fine, but technically the increased pressure at depths is due to the massive amount of water pressing down from above(We're actually being pressed down by a huge column of air all the time, but we don't notice it because we're used to it and it's lighter than water). Since the water seems to be being held back by some force, it shouldn't have an effect on the air pressure in the bubble. That said, that only means the air pressure doesn't have to be high. since this is a completely enclosed area, the air pressure can be pretty much whatever you want it to be(It's one of the reasons Studies thought the air might be thin, when creating a bubble on the bottom of the ocean if you can hold back the water the air pressure wouldn't be a problem, but there wouldn't be much air to fill the bubble you just made).

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:19 am

It's almost like this setting has magic or something!

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:26 am

Well yeah, without magic the air pressure would be the only thing holding back the water, and if the pressure was high enough to do that, we would have been juiced like grapes the moment we got here. ;)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 am

Oh, I know that stuff- Followed chemistry/physics until I went to college, so I know how pressure works- The thing I'm not sure of is how the higher pressure would have effect on a body- It makes sense to me that it would affect breathing, but I could totally be wrong there. It could also be that currently you guys lungs should have im/exploded,but artistic license... :roll:

You're right that the pressure could technically be anything though, because magic- If it were pure physics, either the bubble would burst or indeed probably kill you guys upon entry.

That being said, it's intentionally high- They could probably make it so the pressure would be the same as it is on the surface... But that'd be one big change when they step out of the air bubble, wouldn't it?

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 am

Okay i looked it up because i'm curious, and for high air pressures that aren't high enough to cause permanent damage(Which would be crushed organs, popping eyes, etc. Basically the 'squished like a grape' we mentioned before), common effects are headaches, pain in the ears from them popping, and pain in the joints.

*The more you know*

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:11 am

Huh, nothing with breathing? Bit surprised to know that, but good to know for future reference. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:18 am

well there goes my reasoning to become temporarly merfolk. :(

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Well, the pressure on your chest may make it hard to breathe if the pressure is bad enough, that makes sense to me, but the medical websites i found didn't mention it. I suppose that being in air pressures that high isn't very common, so they might not know too much about it. *Shrug*

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:21 pm

I am a diver. If Drowns and Studies it still should work. All we have to do is to make the air we breath equally dense. 1 bar + 1 bar for every 10 m depth. And, well, Studies and/or Drowns would have to remove the gas intoxication effect on us.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 am

Hey so...Studies is definitely going to wake up from the noise of the water and Drowns, but if you want me to I can have him realize that you two are talking and not interrupt. Otherwise, he'll ask Drowns if he's alright.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:17 am

you can join the conversation, no problem. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:52 am

I was going to mention this in the update, but everyone will be having a small hangover in the morning.

That's what magic booze will do to ya... :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:54 am

And cut likely getting the worst of it. :p