MyrMen OOC.

Home to all current Forum Games.
kida
Gives Speeches

Re: MyrMen OOC.

Post by kida » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:21 pm

You have the height advantage, why do you want to give it up?
The reds need to come to you for a fight - you just chop them as they come.
Also the spear you have is a ranged weapon.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:47 am

ThroughTheWell wrote:
Can I tell if the 2 red guys on
------
\/ \/

those goblin-esque hoverboards are really flying?
They are standing on [self supporting platforms] :)
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:49 am

kida wrote:You have the height advantage, why do you want to give it up?
The reds need to come to you for a fight - you just chop them as they come.
Also the spear you have is a ranged weapon.
If I had a repeatable ranged weapon, then no, I'd not want to give up the height advantage. As it stands, we have to wait for them to finish the ladder, plus, at the top of the cliff we run the risk of being cut off if they break through the lower gate. My spear works once at range, and then I've given them a weapon.

Our slinger, and DA's can do repeatable ranged attacks. But the DAs have not even shared all ofthe spells they have (made them into manuals and delivered said manuals to the MM.) I do like the idea of a few fire wasp floating down to cause havoc while we rearm.

I see 8 'red' targets (including the warrior and it's purple pet dino), and I only see 10 of us players. Unless I hear some good suggestions, I'm about to head back to the MM and do infrastucture and build stuff along the way (build the 2 bridges to the statue, pick up the brown stuff in the crater, pick up the gas regulator for recycling, make a copper mining manual, build a sling and sling stones, maybe build a wall on top of the gate, invent rope, invent grenade, invent flamethrower, invent some DA item, build a talisman, hell, even move resources, etc), since I don't think I can do any good where I am.

Any DA (Theis) that is near me that has a manual, or will make one from an unmanualed spell, and will give me the manual, then I can deliver it to the MM for them. I'll trade you my spear and shield for a complete set of manuals (the protection spell, talisman). Glide might be nice too.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:20 am

I think we might want to invent some kind of catapult, we can destroy their bridges/ladder.
We also need to do something about the underwater tunnel, if their diver can transport people it might be dangerous.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:11 pm

I considered poisoning them with gas. But we will need huge amount of worm tubes for that.

Also TTW, you can only build one building per turn. And analysts only reverse engineer items. Scientists are those who analyze materials.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Hmm. Shall I build the gas production tank? I'll have a small chance to reduce the cost. It'll use up most of our copper though. (We'd have 2 left)

On that note, gamecreator, what gas tank are you referring to? I don't think we built one yet, have we?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Hmm. Shall I build the gas production tank? I'll have a small chance to reduce the cost. It'll use up most of our copper though. (We'd have 2 left)

On that note, gamecreator, what gas tank are you referring to? I don't think we built one yet, have we?
No we dont.. I think he is talking about the blueprints....
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Mort,

Yes, but as it's author I think Mike knows enough to invent gas container without actual tank.

About building, I don't know where. Maube dig some room for it and another farm tank. Speaking of which, better go build food unit, there is still one free place.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Oh no, I certainly think you could craft a container, even without the tank- I'm more referring to the fact you also said you'd be filling it when there's no actual tank yet.

Also LAYF- I'm assuming I couldn't say that for example, I could substitute 1 iron for 1 water, right? :P

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Hmm.. :S well... ARGH......
It was supposed to be any material for any material.... but i can see the stupidity in that :S
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Well it's your call boss. Of course I'm going to replace stuff for water if it's a possibility, and it would almost be a free unit since we have a way to reliably get it each turn with the water screws... But it's more than understandable if food/water can't function for it.

Also- Assuming we'll build the gas tank, we should look into some way of storing the gas since from what it looks like it's just released in the air unless collected immediately. Considering the fact it can explode and causes sickness that's probably not a good thing. Unless it's stored in the tank itself for collection? (confirmation LAYF?)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:31 pm

I'll say, survival resources (Water/food) cannot be used... it just seem weird....
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:37 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Oh no, I certainly think you could craft a container, even without the tank- I'm more referring to the fact you also said you'd be filling it when there's no actual tank yet.
No, you got it wrong. I meant container designed to hold gas and be filled from gas tank.
Also I think unattended gas tank will just produce nothing.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:42 pm

So is gas created by the gas tank immediately released or stored? (Layf?)

If it's immediately released, we'd either have to research some kind of way to store it immediately (a big tank, with gas production stopping if it's full? Based on GC's tank if successful?) or perhaps hollow out a large area above the tank which makes for a probably not safe storage area... And the actual collection would probably be more difficult too.

Also I'll probably be making my own post soon and adding a vote for me building the tank- If there's suggestions on where to place it or something similar, do tell. (Place it up by the worms and slowly starve them?) :P

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:52 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:Any DA (Theis) that is near me that has a manual, or will make one from an unmanualed spell, and will give me the manual, then I can deliver it to the MM for them. I'll trade you my spear and shield for a complete set of manuals (the protection spell, talisman). Glide might be nice too.
I don't have any manuals yet, but I could change my action in an attempt to create both manuals? Would you mind attempting to invent the strenght amulet I attempted last turn with me as well if I change my action to wait with the attacking and create that instead?

Layf, the glide spell enables me to travel 8 hexes before I risk taking damage right, or is it 11 (right before I fall another hexagon down)?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:56 pm

You don't need votes to build.
M0rtimer wrote:perhaps hollow out a large area above the tank which makes for a probably not safe storage area... And the actual collection would probably be more difficult too.
Below. Below the tank. Gas is heavier than air.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:57 pm

M0rtimer wrote:So is gas created by the gas tank immediately released or stored? (Layf?)
The tank can take 5 "Production units" each unit can store up to 2 gas at a time.. so if its fully build... 10 gas would be produced and keep at the tank, ready to be tapped..
a gas container would of cause hold more, while a canister would only hold 1 but be able to release it with some kind of trigger...
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:06 pm

You don't? Surprising- Well, not for small buildings perhaps, but larger buildings take quite a large amount of resources. Anyways, guess I'll add it then unless there's protest. But seems our problem considering the storage is solved.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Theis2 wrote:
ThroughTheWell wrote:Any DA (Theis) that is near me that has a manual, or will make one from an unmanualed spell, and will give me the manual, then I can deliver it to the MM for them. I'll trade you my spear and shield for a complete set of manuals (the protection spell, talisman). Glide might be nice too.
I don't have any manuals yet, but I could change my action in an attempt to create both manuals? Would you mind attempting to invent the strenght amulet I attempted last turn with me as well if I change my action to wait with the attacking and create that instead?
I like the idea of you dropping a fire wasp this turn, but I'd rather have the manuals, and talisman blueprint. So, if you will make those, I'll deliver them. I'll edit one of my actions to help coinvent a strength amulet (+1 for every action spent in creating it, LAYF?). I'd ask that you throw a SA or FH at the attempt. I'm thinking about throwing a SA at it myself. Are we okay for the trade?

I'm considering editing in a free action to pick up the hobby Builder 1, which would let me build the wall and 1 bridge this turn. LAYF, can you rephrase builder level 3 for me? I think it means a builder 3 can make engineering items without having to first move the resources to the MM, or in the case of teleport, without access to the MM at all.

Mort, if you prefer to play passively, the using prime XP to advance foreman sounds good. If you grab an extra hobby, we could probably use a 2nd scientist. OTOH, Junk collector is mostly passive, but I'm not sure we need the resources that badly. Ninja might be nice for you to stand around and not get hit. But really, foreman maxing is the way to go.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 am

Is there a place somewhere that lists all of the possible hobbies and their advancement options?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:09 am

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 am

Hey, thanks, don't know how exactly i missed that.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:24 am

ThroughTheWell wrote:
I like the idea of you dropping a fire wasp this turn, but I'd rather have the manuals, and talisman blueprint. So, if you will make those, I'll deliver them. I'll edit one of my actions to help coinvent a strength amulet (+1 for every action spent in creating it, LAYF?). I'd ask that you throw a SA or FH at the attempt. I'm thinking about throwing a SA at it myself. Are we okay for the trade?
I'm not sure what you ask about here? If you can make an amulet that gives +1 to strength for each action used to create it? no.. that would allow you to make a +4 amulet.. that's to much...
But I'm not sure I've understood you correctly...

ThroughTheWell wrote: I'm considering editing in a free action to pick up the hobby Builder 1, which would let me build the wall and 1 bridge this turn. LAYF, can you rephrase builder level 3 for me? I think it means a builder 3 can make engineering items without having to first move the resources to the MM, or in the case of teleport, without access to the MM at all.
Yes... if the Builder have the materials in his inventory, or stands next to them in lose from, he can build right there, without delivering the materials to MM first, and even without access to a mothermachine...
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:38 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
ThroughTheWell wrote: I'll edit one of my actions to help coinvent a strength amulet (+1 for every action spent in creating it, LAYF?).
I'm not sure what you ask about here? If you can make an amulet that gives +1 to strength for each action used to create it? no.. that would allow you to make a +4 amulet.. that's to much...
But I'm not sure I've understood you correctly...
Eh, it was worth a shot. o:) I'm a player. Of course I'm supposed to try to get the most bene's from the GM. 8) Besides, that +4 would come at the cost of a completely used up turn. So you know, I'll just have to find other ways to get into trouble for those 3 actions. ;)

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:53 am

Mort,
1, when I get back to the MM I can make a Copper Mining 101 manual. So, at the end of the turn after this one. Then our worker could do a better job a copper mining. Consider waiting until then?

2, If you are going to ask for an invention, please not fire. Every player can make fire with the spell for 1 DA skill point. The DAs can do this for free. And I'm about to get the Talisman blueprint to the MM which would let any player walk around with that spell stored, if they so desire. Plus as an inventer, and a DA item inventor, I can make fire reliant things fairly easily.

3, I have an alternate invention request: a teleporter. Specificaly, I want a teleporter that TPs stuff TO the mother machine. We could TP resources without having to make the trip back, meaning we could harvest more resources. We could TP blueprints and manuals to the MM without having to make the trip back, meaning we'd be able to use them at the 'front' the turn after making them. And the MM is in 1 fixed location, so technicaly the TP should be easier. But as far as me inventing this, I'd guess it would be tougher than fire.