Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: MyrMen OOC.

Post by gamecreator » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:51 am

Take your time.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm

LAYF - you don't draw our myrmen workers, is it because of the change in their actions? We also can't see the right side of the map, is it because there is no myrmen masters there?(the workers should come to the MM from time to time).
I guess the female beetle already died, and there are new little beetles. Next month is the month of the crypts, and they'll probably attack us.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 am

kida wrote:LAYF - you don't draw our myrmen workers, is it because of the change in their actions? We also can't see the right side of the map, is it because there is no myrmen masters there?(the workers should come to the MM from time to time).
I guess the female beetle already died, and there are new little beetles. Next month is the month of the crypts, and they'll probably attack us.
Nah.. I've stopped drawing the workers as long as they just do their standard job, so unless you call them to fight along side you.. (or something else) they wont show, you can count them as being by the MM :)
The right side of the map is, as you guessed because there is none of you there to look :) (But you can see the "latest" out look in the full map with grid image)
Beetle - Who knows ;)
-Best regards LAYF

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:21 am

We used to see what the workers are seeing, so if they are by the MM...but you are the boss :)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 am

kida wrote:We used to see what the workers are seeing, so if they are by the MM...but you are the boss :)
Ahh.. true.. Had not thought about that... Well.. than I guess I have to tell you, nothing is happening at the MM right now at least...

Hmm....
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:42 am

Nerre wrote:Maybe do not shoot the nearest, but one on the platforms above. The nearest seems to be melee, I can take care of him.
Sling is medium range weapon, it gets -1 damage penalty for shooting over the distance of 20 pixels. Also I think red on the platform just threw his spear, so he has none (unless he carries several spears with him). And red near MM can just produce himself a spear next turn.

LAYF, in combat situations it's very important to see the latest data. For one, I don't see a spear someone threw this turn.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 am

20 pixels doesn't seem like mouch thinking about the size of a myrman. That isn't even the other side of the MM of the red tribe, isn't it?
:zzz:

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:04 am

It isn't. It's close to 20, though.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:26 am

gamecreator wrote:
Nerre wrote:Maybe do not shoot the nearest, but one on the platforms above. The nearest seems to be melee, I can take care of him.
Sling is medium range weapon, it gets -1 damage penalty for shooting over the distance of 20 pixels. Also I think red on the platform just threw his spear, so he has none (unless he carries several spears with him). And red near MM can just produce himself a spear next turn.

LAYF, in combat situations it's very important to see the latest data. For one, I don't see a spear someone threw this turn.
He does have multiple spears (all on the platforms have) about not seeing a spear, that's because its 100% hidden behind Nerre, that was a mistake on my behalf :S (4)
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:40 pm

There are 8 live red guys left + a purple monster = 9. Some of red could be warriors or masters. We have 8 players sort of in the fight. A couple of people have spent XP to gain a HP or bump up a fighting skill. Some of us have taken damage. I'd just like to urge the rest of us to look at the XP they have available to spend, and come help finish the fight. I still feel out numbered.

I really want to get builder 3 for myself, and ultimately the tribe, so I hesitate to spend my XP on HP unless I'm dieing. Thank you Dlover for the heal.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:01 pm

umm...you know, i actually think that the purple thing is a myrman female. in fact, im starting to wonder if thats what a female one of us looks like. where else would they get a purple myrman. I think that is the purple female. We should capture her and feed her food, and get purple myrman eggs from her. Who knows, maybe even convert her to a red queen somehow.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes, I really hoped it might be some kind of purple queen, maybe able to lay eggs. When we last checked them before the explosion, they only were 4-5. Now they are more than us maybe.

Also I think we should work together more, stick together in a fight. Currently 3 are fighting in front, without much medic or dark arts protection, 2 in the middle and the rest does other stuff. To much risk for too little gain. Crafting and inventing can be paused, fighting not, cause the enemies got a word in it as well. If one of us is killed it is much more damage to the tribe than doing something else a bit later. :(
:zzz:

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Meh, three of us in front will easily tear through all reds.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Maybe we should spend monster lore point to get info on the purple queen.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:09 pm

But she wouldn't technically be a monster, would she?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:11 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Mint will pick up all the resources in the room with him and place them into the mother machine. (this includes the ones he has in his inventory)

Mint will then Create a pick/hammer combo tool. (if time allows)

Also, Mint will increase his climber level to 4 for 20xp.
Seriously? You stayed out of the fight the entire time to strenghten walls, grabbing XP for yourself, and now you are STILL lollygagging around while your tribemates repeatedly take hits down to 1 or -1. :fume: :mindblown:
Dlover wrote:D will move to heal T5.
Thanks man. I owe you. It was not my intention to keep gettin banged up, or turn you into a heal bot, but I'm glad you are there for me, and contributing to the fight in your own way.

Now if Theis will get off his grafting butt and come cast protective aura, some of us might live. >:?

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:40 pm

kida wrote:I think you did a great mistake rushing into battle.
You should have held the high ground (as I told you) or come from the other size with Zik (as I told you). Plus we should have sacrifice a worker to get NPC fighter (as I told you).
Not to mention the reds mother macine we should have destroyed before the battle began so they couldn't create spears and axes.
After all the tactical mistakes, you charge alone to battle against many red enemies + purple monster with only 2HP. You are lucky LAYF let you stay alive with -1 HP. Zik is trying to come to battle from the other side. Lucky for us she encountered the reds pet beatles before they realesed them against us.
You are quite the monday morning quarterback predicting what 'would have happened'. Your oracle status aside, let's look at some of this.

Held the high ground: Did you build any spears, slings, or bows? Oh, and what would you have done about the tunnel right under the lovely high ground, or did you forget the need to defend the giant blue statue?

Come from the other side: At the time, no one knew you could get there from the other side. Certainly not without either a fortuitus tunnel or digging yourself. But I see you are not bothering to dig down now that you are there, so what was the point to running over there again?

Sacrafice a worker: Ah, you mean instead of use the workers for... work, like food, water, and iron gathering? This WAS before all of that went away. Maybe "I" remember that becaause I was inventing crap to help provide you food and water, to keep you from starving and dying of thirst. Now after the fact, the need for workers, and many of my inventions, have gone away. But no one knew that would happen then.

Destroy the red MM: Dude, you went up top. Who stopped you? Or could it be that there might be some major benefits to capturing an enemy MM, like those flying platforms, or the floating pontoons, etc?

You also know my 'charge' was 1 of 4 actions this last turn, that morphed into a sprint past 2 other players + an attack, while they stayed still? Cause see, I don't recall using the word charge in there at all, if you have any interest in characterizing my actions fairly.

Beatles: So nice to know you care. Care enough to fight a potential future enemy instead of the actual present enemy that you ran away from. Hell, you haven't even done anything about the beatles next to our MM. But again, you are predicting the future. We'll see what your % turns out to be.

You know, I don't want to rush into battle. I really don't. But I know that often in fights you can overwhealm your opponent. If I had people along side of me, instead of turning aside, then I'd not end up exposed like this. And that is not about me; that is much more about the rest of the tribe, since this would be happening to whomever was here and fighting.

But let's say I'm 100% wrong, for argument's sake. You are still choosing to turn away from tribemates who are wounded, and who might live if the bad guys were put down fast. ... I guess you can expect lots of "I told you so's" while people turn their back on you as you lay dieing.

Your words sound like cover for cowardice.

http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trsorbonnespeech.html

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I just want to make a note here:
kida wrote: You are lucky LAYF let you stay alive with -1 HP
EVERYONE, gets a "chance" after they hit 0, or below. normally if they hit 0, they just need a doctor to pass a heal check. since TTW is at -1, he will need a doctor AND a helper to do this. -2 had been 2 doctors! and so one.
besides that, just as m0rt, When he has been healed, he will be at "1 hit kills" for 2 rounds, regardless of health.
unless the attack against you is "obliterating" like an explosion or the like, you always get a chance, no matter the HP. The Seeing stones damage is one such case as obliterating if it brings the holder down to 0 or below!
-Best regards LAYF

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm

TTW - I'm sorry if I offended you. I know I sounded too harsh in my post (I shouldn't post when I'm too tired). I don't want to continue arguing with you about past actions since this is pointless.
Regarding future actions:
1. Zik won't return to her previous position since all the reds are out of range for her spells
2. Zik will not jump ( or glide ) to battle because she is not melee fightet and there are too many reds + 4 fire wasps+ unknown enemies in the tunnel.
3. Zik will try to carefully find her way to the battle but won't leave threats like the caged beetles behind.
4.If Zik can find a way to free the beetles to fight the reds she will do it.
5. If Zik will encounter enemies she can't handle - feel free to say how many 'I told you so' you wan't
6. I think you better spent your XP on hero/guard hobby. It will give you additional offensive/defensive bonus+ 1HP

I do hope your charcter survive the battle.

LAYF - I know you don't play favoritism. But he his lucky because there are other red myrmen there that didn't attack/coup de grace him. And also we are all lucky the reds doesn't get a second chance to live like we do.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:37 pm

ok.

Yeah, if you, Zik/kida, are not coming down, you might as well kill beatles in case they are releasable.

Last I looked at it, I have too many hobbies, making another hobby too expensive. So Hero/guard is right out.

I realy don't want to end up in a situation where anyone says "I told you so". What is bad for 1 is bad for the tribe.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Welp, I'm dead. I got 1 more piece of advice for the remaining players: vote for the workers to keep fighting the beatle. Looks like they only lost 1 hp among them, and are all equiped now. A turn or 2 more and the beatle should die.

Gee LAYF, I'll sure miss this game that you are ending. I hope you'll give us a bit of an look beheind the scenes at the end, like what the blue statue would do, unused pictures if you have them, how eggs are made, etc.

I've enjoyed the game. If it were only simplified a bit from the beginning, I think you'd find GMing it a bit easier too.

Sorry your life is too busy right now. FWIW, I think you GMed pretty good.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Thanks a lot TTW, as you know.. means a lot for me...
and Yes... I'll give you all the inside knowledge you'd live afterwards, given that its data I still have (some I lost by stupidity, but not much)

And even more yes.. it sure needs simplification from the start... but most of all... all the trivial things, need to be turned into Automated things, becasue they are killing me most of all, and that, i'm working on a script for, and it goes far better then i feared it would :)

(current progress)
► Show Spoiler
so yes.. I do hope the next game will be much better thought out.. things better planed.. and to be honest, I believe they will.. I've learned A LOT from this experience....
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Why is no one voting to have the workers attack the beatle at our mother machine?

Dlover, if you are going to heal, you might either pick Mort (down 1 HP) or rephrase to heal the 1st person hurt. You probably have the actions to do both.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Being general about healing has proven to work so far. LAYF knows who the most important target is, more so than I.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:Why is no one voting to have the workers attack the beatle at our mother machine?
I assumed it would continue automatically.