MyrMen OOC.

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: MyrMen OOC.

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:33 am

though TTW tends to come of as a bit of a bossy pants, I have to agree, Fire isn't a major priority right now. Now, if you could come up with a dispersion system for gas. I was thinking something like a flame-thrower. (big tanks worn on back filled with green gas, and a funnel held by the person wearing it to throw flames at people. Now that would be cool. I'm sure that if we used some of that wood-like material and banging a stone and iron together we could very easily come up with some kind of a fire-starter.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 am

Wait, the spell is accessible for everyone? I was under the impression it was something only DA could learn- That changes a lot, of course. (I still think a mechanical way of producing it could be good, but this should indeed do for quite a while)

And alright, I'm fine with waiting a turn for copper. I'm probably going to be doing some mining myself... On that note however, LAYF, I have a question about my foreman hobby-

Take for example there's a myrman A at location A and me and myrman B at location B- Presume I would move from location B to location A and end there, who would benefit from my foreman bonus? Would both benefit from it since I've been near both, or only those who are near me when I end my turn?

Considering teleporter- A nifty invention it would be, but I think that it's either out of reach currently or if we do invent something it would probably be something dark art based or, at the very least, quite expensive. LAYF, could we get word of god on that?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am

M0rtimer wrote: Take for example there's a myrman A at location A and me and myrman B at location B- Presume I would move from location B to location A and end there, who would benefit from my foreman bonus? Would both benefit from it since I've been near both, or only those who are near me when I end my turn?
Where you end your turn OR spend a whole action waiting there to make the bonus available the other places....
say... use action 1 at location A
use action 2 to move.
and action 3 at location B.
M0rtimer wrote: Considering teleporter- A nifty invention it would be, but I think that it's either out of reach currently or if we do invent something it would probably be something dark art based or, at the very least, quite expensive. LAYF, could we get word of god on that?
Hmm... I don't think a "Teleport material TO the mothermachine" would be to advanced for you now... but you are right.. it would be a DA object.. as your technology is no where near there....
The price would be depending on 2 things
-Is it transportable. (yes = ++ prize)
- If so, How much would it fill in an inventory. (1 units size = ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ prize, 10 units size = +++ prize, requiers multiple myrmen to move = same prize as above)
-Best regards LAYF

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Theis - when you have some time, we need a doctor to investigate the root wood. It has some pain relief properties - we can probably make it into a healing potion.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 pm

I might have missed that, but I think I might check that right away next turn, and see if I can figure out something there before I go to war with the others :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Theis2 wrote:I might have missed that, but I think I might check that right away next turn, and see if I can figure out something there before I go to war with the others :P
I think we discovered the medical properties before you become a doctor, but no doctor examined it since then.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I don't remember anything about wood having medical properties.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 pm

gamecreator wrote:I don't remember anything about wood having medical properties.
LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
Zik ÔÇ£6ÔÇØ decides tat she wants to make a deeper investigation into the properties of root wood, she learns that it can be manipulated into a way more flexible stage, making it possible to make ropes from it and maybe even more.. she also discovers that chewing it have a weak pain killing effect, maybe a doctor would be able to gain more out of this. Her new Dark artist powers in addition tells her that all this root wood is part of one much larger Living organism, she know this because she can feel its soul! She gains 1 Nature lore and 1 Forbidden art skill point for the Tribe.
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 425#p56441

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Thank you.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am

What is the blue magicy looking thing next to our ladder?
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Tim? (Understands myrman) Teleporting out
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:39 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
ThroughTheWell wrote: LAYF: why are we not producing gas yet? If the worker are on auto, maybe they could turn some of those worm corpses into thin leather? Oh, I'm also kinda suprised the spell completing red guy was not a master (so we'd get the xp).
You are producing, but there is no way of transporting it yet, (you need at least 1 container for that)
Nope, he was a worker, (I had given him the "manual" ability to do it before the rules got simplified, changing him to master would ruin some things)
Ok, no prob on the non-master speller. I just thought I'd double check.

But, if we are making gas, shouldn't our resouce count of gas be non-zero, even if we can't yet move it? I guess I'm hoping that we'd build up a non-exploding supply, using the same kind of hammer-space all our other resources go into. I'm also hoping that part of my actions last turn are meaningful.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:
LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
ThroughTheWell wrote: LAYF: why are we not producing gas yet? If the worker are on auto, maybe they could turn some of those worm corpses into thin leather? Oh, I'm also kinda suprised the spell completing red guy was not a master (so we'd get the xp).
You are producing, but there is no way of transporting it yet, (you need at least 1 container for that)
Nope, he was a worker, (I had given him the "manual" ability to do it before the rules got simplified, changing him to master would ruin some things)
Ok, no prob on the non-master speller. I just thought I'd double check.

But, if we are making gas, shouldn't our resouce count of gas be non-zero, even if we can't yet move it? I guess I'm hoping that we'd build up a non-exploding supply, using the same kind of hammer-space all our other resources go into. I'm also hoping that part of my actions last turn are meaningful.
Ah.. well.. the problem is that the produced gas is still at the gas tank, not in your full inventory. If you go to the STATUS and look under the Gas production tank, you can see there are 2/2 gas ready to tap :)

Ehm.. my head are a little groggy after making the update twice... what action are we talking?
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:46 pm

The action of adding the green food unit to the gas producer, to start production. So, if we have gas a comming, then I'm cool with it.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:26 pm

I would like to see Mike's inventory updated. Specifically, number of sling bullets.

Also, TTW, I was going to build that bridge too, so if you are running out of actions, you can dump that one on me.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Does anybody else think the ceiling of that little tunnel is some sort of indication of a trap? I'd examine it with my analyst powers, but doctoring comes first.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:34 pm

I think it's just support. Like one at the burial site.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:04 pm

gamecreator wrote:I would like to see Mike's inventory updated. Specifically, number of sling bullets.

Also, TTW, I was going to build that bridge too, so if you are running out of actions, you can dump that one on me.
Eh, I'm a builder, so that is like a half action for me as opposed to you, and you are going toward the fight just like I would, so I don't see a compeling reason to swap actions.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:46 am

OK then.

Also I just noticed that recent update has wrong in-game date. It shoud be year 2, month 4, week 2.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:03 am

gamecreator wrote:Also I just noticed that recent update has wrong in-game date. It shoud be year 2, month 4, week 2.
Time traveling ants. :paranoia: 8)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:52 am

Did I miss something? O,o
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:25 am

An update, maybe?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:36 am

Who of is is currently in the fight against the red? I saw some of you with Achilles, but I am not sure who is just around and who is fighting together with him.
:zzz:

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am

T and Mike are at the front. Everyone else went to fight reds coming from above or heal 8-2, I think.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:42 am

Yea.. sorry for the time swarp... luckily it does not matter so much, so i'll just keep the date in hte new update..
reason for not updating is that I got a terrible headache due to a cold :S
-Best regards LAYF