Board games & such - Munchkin

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Board games & such - Munchkin

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 am

I'm using basic Munchkin with the Unnatural Axe edition added in. The game will run with anywhere between two and six players. Rolls will be handled through Invisible Castle (All rolls would be 1d6, plus or minus any alterations from cards, for anyone who doesn't know Munchkin), so that players get to roll when necessary, but I'm able to check that they weren't cheating. Or I can roll a die instead, if that would be preferred. Not much else to say, is there? Signups!

Players:
Blue - Bob
Orange - BadgeAddict
Red - Quarg
Purple - Doublefried
Yellow - Alavar

Order of play: Alavar (5), Bob (4), Quarg (3), Badge (1)
The person after you in the list is to your left, the person before is to your right. For the people on the end, it loops.

Cards in play:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Dlover on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:02 am, edited 58 times in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Re: Board games & such - Munchkin

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Thought you ought to be aware, Dlover, that by the look of things on the Temporary Board before they got reset to make this the permanent board, you were mistaken about how Looting the Room works. Given that every time you kick down the door, you draw a face-up Door card and that every time you look for trouble, you're playing a Door card from your hand, the only way to get more monsters or traps into your hand is to Loot the Room. To get any more treasure, you have to first beat a monster, with the treasure being face-up or face-down based on whether the player received help or not in that combat.

If you gave somebody a Treasure for Looting the Room, you may want to consider restarting the game.

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 pm

There is no need of THAT severe actions.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm

True Alavar...one treasure card is not going to kill the game my earlier suggestion on the matter (via PM) was to let the player choose a door card or a treasure card...

Also, Asks says he has taken his turn... *shrugs* :|
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Handling the turn at the moment, he'd sent me a PM with plans, but never actually said he wanted to kick down a door.

For future reference, I won't draw your door card until you tell me to. That's to give you a chance to play cards before battle, mostly.

As for looting the room: Balls to starting the game again! I see the logic behind the points raised, and will go with "Looting the room is the option for either a door or treasure card, player choice." DM ruling, no more discussion on the topic.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Asks kicks down a door and... is attacked by Squidzilla. (Level 18, elves are at -4, will not pursue anyone below level 4 except elves. 2 levels + 4 treasures for success. Bad stuff: You are grabbed, slimed, crushed and gobbled. You are dead, dead, dead. Any questions?)

So, Asks has a total fighting strength of 6, and thus needs 13 more combat levels to win (12 if a warrior helps). Asks, you can beg for help (Or offer a reward from the four treasures you would gain from winning) or simply run away. Because you are at level 1 and are not an elf, there is no chance of negative repercussions from running away.

Anybody else can make offers of help and requests for rewards.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Can more than one of us help? Because it would take about three of us to beat that creature. I am willing to assist for one equal share of the treasure (4 people - one treasure each). (note I am assuming about 5-6 points per player here)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, there are monster-weakening cards or cards that might get you the treasure without battle, but only one person is, at least according to Steve's rules, allowed to help by contributing their total level bonus in battle.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 am

Quarg wrote:Can more than one of us help? Because it would take about three of us to beat that creature. I am willing to assist for one equal share of the treasure (4 people - one treasure each). (note I am assuming about 5-6 points per player here)
Player combat strengths should be in the first post, along with the cards they have in play. As for the number of people that can help, I have to admit I've only every played with more than two people once, and then none of us wanted to get help, so I don't really know. It doesn't make sense to me that only one person could help though, so lets not limit it.

Thinking of help, everybody's favourite kneepads are somewhere in the deck. I'll probably ignore them if they come up though.
My game:

My characters:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 am

Normally only one other person is allowed to help. However, when help is offered you normally go into something like the following: (1. I am fighting a monster, who would like to help me? I will offer 3 treasures to anyone who will help me since i am getting 2 levels) (2. player x says he will help if he gets first choice of treasure)(3a. the combat is successful, 4 treasures are drawn face up on the table so everyone can see)(4a. player x takes 3 cards of his choice, I take the last) or (3b. the combat is not successful)(4b. Player x and myself now must flee)(5. i run away but player x does not, the bad stuff happens to player x)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Votes that the Monster eats Asks as we've been waiting for almost a week for him to do anything....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Alavar
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Alavar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I agree. As a reward for our patience, we should not only take his stuff, but also treasure that the monster would eventually leave in disgust ;P

Ugh... I forgot that "won't follow anyone under 4". I assumed he would simply die :stab:
Last edited by Alavar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please keep in mind any health advice should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not 'very' experienced (yet :P)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Yeah, I've PM'd him, but still nothing. It may be necessary to keep the game alive. But you don't get his stuff. I'll consider giving everyone a single extra treasure, though. Maybe.

It's Bob's turn.
My game:

My characters:

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:45 am

Kick open the door!
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 am

Bob kicks open the door and finds some Moon Maidens (Level 7 monster, 2 treasures. You must chastise them empty-handed. Use no weapons in this fight. Bad stuff: They catch you, but you return unharmed, and your uncontrollable giggling causes the other party members to whack you. Turn your hand face up and let each other player choose a card, you decide who chooses first.)

Well, Bob, you have a combat strength of one because of the no-weapon effect. You can make an offer for help, someone else can make an offer, or you can try to run away.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 am

Run away Bob cause none of us are going to be much help in this....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:41 am

I want you to fail at running away so i can your cards

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 am

Roll me a run away roll. I'm en elf so I get +1, don't forget.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 am

You rolled a 5 (Without your elf mod), so you successfully escape. You don't get any items, but at least you keep what you've got. You'll need to put one card into play to drop your hand to 5 cards, then it'll be Quarg's turn.
My game:

My characters:

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 am

I will use Curse! Cursed thingy on Quarg's siege engine.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Quarg's siege engine is cursed, and no longer provides him a +4 combat bonus, but also no longer means he has the -1 to run away, putting him at +2 to run away. Unfortunately, this also means both of his hands and his big item slot or full. The curse can be removed with a wishing ring.

Quarg, it's your turn. Manage any cards you'd like then kick down the door.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Quarg takes status as a Theif (Theif Card)
Quarg attempts to steal avalar's Pollymorph potion by discarding the Lust Monster Card...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Quarg becomes a thief and successfully steals the Pollymorph potion with a roll of 6. Anything else before you kick down the door?
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 am

Quarg useses his wishing ring to remove the curse,
Then equips the bastard sword and
Kicks in the door...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Quarg removes the curse on his Siege Engine, using up his wishing ring, then starts riding again and equips his Sneaky Bastard Sword. Kicking down the door, he encounters a Fungus (Level 5 monster, 2 treasures, if the Fungus becomes Humongous, it gains not the normal +10, but +25! Do not truffle with the Humongous Fungus. Bad stuff: Elves lose 2 levels, anyone else loses 1. Double the penalty if the Fungus was Humongous.)

Quarg is currently beating the Fungus. If anybody wants to interfere with the fight, they have 24 hours. If Quarg loses the fight there is no need to roll to run away, as the bad stuff would have no effect on him.
My game:

My characters: