The Forest - Chapter One

Home to all current Forum Games.
Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Re: The Forest - Chapter One

Post by Amara » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:39 am

(Solid rock, or hard packed earth? Does it look like he might be able to make headway in any of the directions with his claws? )

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:01 pm

The walll is hard-packed earth. Normal bear claws might not suffice to tear through it, but werebear claws backed by the strength of an armored paladin are likely to be able to make a dent. The question is whether the tunnel which you assume Kast must have taken is merely walled off, or if it closed up completely (although if it was the latter case, there might not be much hope for reaching him in time to do anything anyway).
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Kast continues to chat pleasantly with his new friend, though he deflects any of her more salacious comments by turning the topic back towards nature and life in the forest. A whisper at the back of his mind ALMOST makes him feel like there are other questions he should be asking Lilly, but with one so pleasant to speak to and look upon, why would he want to question her motives or origin?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:34 am

The wall didn't seem hollow at any point along where Joyce seems to have gone; does the wall seem hollow where Kast's tunnel was originally? Is there a change in sound clawing at the wall there vs anywhere else?

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

Through a determined amount of clawing at the wall Rian does determine that it's hollow here.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:29 pm

(..let's see, for brown bears a full attack would be 2 claws, 1 bite, can't use the bite here, but the claws should both just be 1d8+str.
11, 12 )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:24 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:54 pm

► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:40 am

Let's assume Rian eventually manages to break through.
My long-neglected blog.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:07 pm

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:44 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:49 pm

► Show Spoiler
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:13 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:53 am

Rian finally arrives in the chamber described here, to find an apparently unharmed Kast apparently having a pleasant and rather intimate conversation with an extremely attractive half-elf maiden, whose voice matches the one that he earlier heard whispering seductive entreaties to the bear in his own tunnel. His companion Kzri stands quiescently in one corner of the room, her posture seeming relaxed and atypically nonthreatening for a gigantic spider. The elf stops mid-scentence and looks up at the interruption, frowning slightly. "It would have been polite to knock...."
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am

Reminded that he and Kzri hadn't arrived here alone, Kast blinks. "Oh, hey! The bear's with us... err we're with the bear... we were traveling together. Where's the other one... the fey... you know, Old Glitterwings? And Joyce?" Turning to Lilly, "There's quite a few of us, I hope that doesn't impose."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:32 pm

(Spot; 20+3 Does anything here seem a bit out of place, beyond the...obvious?)

The bear frowned, and shook his head in response to the questions, one foot scuffing at the ground as his gaze lowered briefly to the floor. He really had no answer he could give in this present state, a fact that was getting increasingly frustrating.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Amara on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:55 pm

"Sorry... he's not much of a talker.", Darfel Kast shrugs.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

► Show Spoiler
For a split-second, when the woman glanced up at Rian's entrance, he thought he could see a flash of sparkly green light in the pupils of her eyes, as if dozens - or hundreds? - of tiny glowing motes were swirling in their depths. But surely if that were true, Kast would have noticed, wouldn't he?
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:21 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Kast's gaze turned from Rian back to Lilly... she was so nice to look at. And her eyes were perfectly lovely... yup, nothing strange at all about them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 am

The bear frowned, and glanced back the way he'd come, then toward Kast...then the female. There had to be SOME way of communicating to Kast! What options were left? Signing, interpretive dance?

He was almost desperate enough to attempt the latter. Still, he attempted a gesture back in the direction he'd come from, then shook his head. He had...no idea how to find, or get to the other two.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:17 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:36 pm

► Show Spoiler
spiderwrangler wrote:Reminded that he and Kzri hadn't arrived here alone, Kast blinks. "Oh, hey! The bear's with us... err we're with the bear... we were traveling together. Where's the other one... the fey... you know, Old Glitterwings? And Joyce?" Turning to Lilly, "There's quite a few of us, I hope that doesn't impose."
"Ah, yes, your companions...." Lilly says in a slightly abashed tone of voice. "The faerie apparently took some umbrage at my hospitality, and flew out of here without so much as a by-your-leave...I should have expected such mercurial behavior from one of that alien breed. As for the Illumine, I threw her out. She's affiliated with the sanctimonious druids who think they own this entire wilderness, and are forever poking their persnickety noses into places they don't belong, trying to 'understand' everything as a means of controlling it. I could tell she wasn't interested in sharing simple companionship, free of any agenda, and so I showed her the proverbial door, after my own fashion. I prefer a more intimate form of socialization, anyway...I was happiest having just you here, Kastrail, but I suppose I don't mind having two handsome young men visiting me at once...." The seductive maiden's tone of voice gives a distinct impression that she has more than conversation in mind...and even with the way his normal defensive instincts have been sedated, Kast can't help but be surprised that she apparently knows Rian isn't really a bear!
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:29 am

"I'm sure the lady bears might find him quite handsome in this state, but my furry fellow here isn't quite... feeling himself... at the moment.", Kast remarked with a wry grin. He had the feeling that he wasn't telling Lilly anything she didn't already know... she certainly seemed to know a lot more than she ought. His grin faded a bit.
She apparently knew everything that went on inside her tower, because her description of the fey's behavior seemed about right to Kast, the winged one always had struck him as a bit aloof... never even bothered to share his name. As for Joyce, she never seemed the bad sort... and her acceptance of Kzri had been well reasoned and immediate... and genuine. She'd been friendly and accepting towards Kast as well, much more so than any other females he'd encountered until Lilly, and he'd grown rather fond and protective of the tiny human. What problem did Lilly have with Joyce and the other druids?
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am

The bear grumbled, but didn't otherwise attempt anything to seem like more than an ordinary bear, now. She knew...somehow, and it worried him as to HOW she knew, and he was still worried about Joyce, and their winged ex party member. ...but presently he lacked thumbs or a human larynx, and getting upset would solve nothing. He settled for studying her quietly.