Agynp: A Discussion (Yes It's a Game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Agynp: A Discussion (Yes It's a Game)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Dlover wrote: Spin your screen 49 degrees clockwise and sit six and a half metres back. The map is designed really weirdly, but that should work.
Uh what? I don't know how to do this crap!

Moonshine? Oh...I guess I did mispesll it...lets get prepared and get them drunk...tell you how it went.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Better solution would be to tame KingJungles The High-Hat. Send him in and they'll just spend ~100 days ingame whacking him until they starve to death. I still have trouble with those &*&*ing benign-seeming swamps! The Deathfish keep on killing my Furjdrones and starting spirals. Any tips on how to flush 'em out? I tried the method with the fifteen cans of soy sauce and a Rayon Generator but it failed the first time and now I'm out of salt. :(
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
Dlover wrote: Spin your screen 49 degrees clockwise and sit six and a half metres back. The map is designed really weirdly, but that should work.
Uh what? I don't know how to do this crap!

Moonshine? Oh...I guess I did mispesll it...lets get prepared and get them drunk...tell you how it went.
no, no miss spelling.... they made the name like that... you know... just like the Berzarkers and the Rokketiiiiiirs you can get in game....
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:14 pm

...That went....horribly.

And they have terrible ways of naming things if that is the case >.>

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 pm

What went wrong? I told you to be ready for a fight?

Oh, and Runs.. sorry dude... I think youll have to start that level over... What i did, to make it fast (requieres some timing) is when you get the salt, dont use time to make soy sause and all that... just get 3-4 monchaks to walk around your kamp and throwing it on the ground... THis will keep the attacks away... but you have to start 2 max 3 minutes before the first attack, if you do it befoer you wont have enough Salt to withhold it all, and if you do it later the "Salt layer shield" as it is named (You'll learn that in the "I lost my boot" bonus mission) wont be powerfull enough.... so... timing is importatn...
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm just really bad at games, I think. I thought I was prepared with my necro, but....the guardian man....

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Oh yeah, the guardians are massive badasses. Best solution may be to build up running speed and just get away from them whenever possible.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:35 pm

But...my character is not built for speed DDD: He's built more for raising the dead....even if it is just temporarily for now.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:But...my character is not built for speed DDD: He's built more for raising the dead....even if it is just temporarily for now.
Wait? Your character?

Are you playing this like some kind of Diablo?

I know you have a main character... but... he is far from enough... did you skip the tutorials? you need minions... even as a necro you need live people to get you the things you need... the character is just a 5*as strong as a normal hero character..... thats not near enough.. the guardian can kill around 12 heros, each wit there full group of 10 normal warriors or rangers....

Damn... you need forces....
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:42 pm

What is wrong with Diablo?

I...The tutorials were important???!? Damn. Aw mannnn.....I don't want to waste the little moneys I have on minions...

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Oh man? U 4 Reelz M4n? you would just hack and slash the whole way through?

Diablo is fine, but this game need thougth.....

Minions cost a few coins, yea... but they also gather coins for you.. you know those Bugsars you kill in first part of level 1? the only like, drop one coing for every 4 kills you make.... but if you have just one minion, each bugsar gives a skin you can sell later for 2 coins a pice... and if you are lucky, some of the drops "Pee blader of doom" its small AOE bombs... the do like 8 DMG in 10Feet radius (thats a lot in so low levels) or sell for 24 coins a pice....

Damn... you need the minions man...
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:49 pm

...sounds like a whole lot of grinding to me. I don't like grinding too much....

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Try riding a xzombie steed.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:23 pm

But...I'm way too low level for it! D:: You guys maybe able to do these things, and are used to it, but I can't DD::

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Runsaround wrote:Better solution would be to tame KingJungles The High-Hat. Send him in and they'll just spend ~100 days ingame whacking him until they starve to death. I still have trouble with those &*&*ing benign-seeming swamps! The Deathfish keep on killing my Furjdrones and starting spirals. Any tips on how to flush 'em out? I tried the method with the fifteen cans of soy sauce and a Rayon Generator but it failed the first time and now I'm out of salt. :(
You need to start with swamp drainage technology, one engineer and rest units ranged military with full equipment and skills. Don't forget to take food and drinks. Then military guards engineer while he drains that swamp and kill everything that emerges from there. Then wall off your drained land from the rest of the swamp and play as usual.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:But...I'm way too low level for it! D:: You guys maybe able to do these things, and are used to it, but I can't DD::
The necro is the worst hero to start with if you don't want to grind. Their strengths are in unit control, and those skills don't come into play until late game. The Ycthar hero is generally better if you don't want to grind.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:55 pm

How does the Ycthar hero play though?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:58 pm

It's a controller, so it can have one target at a time which will attack anything that threatens the hero.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:01 am

Even guardians to kill things?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 am

If you get lucky and find one alone, yeah. If there are a couple of them you'll probably be attacked in the process.
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:05 am

I prefer playing a Tachun personally. Those guys get 2.45CHAP if if you can get the potato eater's mask of cows.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:21 am

Yeah, but without that they only have 1C. They're basically useless without it, and there's an incredibly low probability of it dropping. It's too luck dependent.

So, apparently it's possible to build up the Takkons to have almost 100% dodge rate. As their name sounds, they were only tacked onto the latest version, so it seems the developers didn't iron everything out. The limit wasn't set properly, and rather than the dodge research simply selecting the best you have and using that, it's stacking for them. And what's even more ridiculous, their structures seem to be able to dodge too, probably because they can telliworp them between locations.
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:53 am

Luck dependent? Just play Strategy Mode first, rush tech to build it, die to a Tantrum Spiral, and then play RPG Mode, go over, and take it. For bonus points, put it on a pedestal with "For CharacterName" or something like that.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:27 am

I prefer to play with the remains of my old games being deleted after I lose. No shenanigans that way.
My game:

My characters:

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 pm

The only real tournament level class is Thread Necromancer with Second Page speciality. Bonuses to alchemy, cooter storm and mousetrap skills. Plus, when you activate the Fourth Amulet of Bananadar you also get a bonus to ALL skills from the Bouncing Seductively spellbook.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie