Agynp: A Discussion (Yes It's a Game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Agynp: A Discussion (Yes It's a Game)

Post by Runsaround » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:07 am

So I recently picked up Agynp and I'm having a few problems. (I play as the Firjii) I set up my main base in a "Benign-Seeming Swamp" but as I'm sure you all know, inside there are some pretty dangerous things.

So I instruct my Miner-Furj to extract Arium from a patch of it around my initial Processor's Workshop, but then out of nowhere there's suddenly a Swamp Grabber! So the poor Miner is dragged into the swamp and the rest of the Firjii demand a rescue party be sent. I denied their request, and one of the Furjdrones had a Tantrum. He took a Phaz-Bow he was carrying and dusted half my military with it. He was killed eventually (albeit at the loss of my Great Flurhjuu) but then his friends Tantrumed too!

So I ask you, Goblins Forums, to assist me in the protection of my Firjii from the denizens of "Benign-Seeming" swamps.

A main issue I have is Tantrums, so I would appreciate some tips on raising happiness.
► Show Spoiler
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Agynp: A Discussion (Yes It's a Game)

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:08 am

I wouldn't bother with raising happiness if I were you. In the game's current state it's horribly bugged, and doesn't provide most of the bonuses. Best method is to employ slavery and Whip anytime there's a tantrum. The coding is actually pretty complicated, but eventually they learn that one Firjii throwing a tantrum leads to all of them being whipped, so they attack the one that tantrums (Normally not too badly), and they stop throwing tantrums after a while.

My problem is that I've been testing out the Nhartep, which were implemented in the latest patch, and it seems I need to get someone to carve bones before they can make blades to kill things, but I can't get any bones without making the blades. It seems to be some sort of vicious circle. Anyone found a way out of it?
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 am

Have you tried using the trade interface? I think I used that once when I was playing Huuu and I couldn't find any Ermorium for my Gii.

Another workaround I can think of that I've seen before is just using your Snatch-yur to steal bones from other Nhartep (or possibly the Firjii, I know I always keep some bone around in case of a Vilified Underground Bonechewer. Those things may be cannon fodder to other civs, but us Firjii Players don't have access to Gunblades you know.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:45 am

You do realize it's actually possible to gain access to gunblades, right? It's not easy, but possible- First you need to steal a gunblade from one of the other civilizations- Now you can't actually use it yet since nobody knows how to use it. Now you could break it down to understand how it works, but that would waste it and you'd have to steal another one- An alternative is to kidnap a simple soldier, and have him use it while you have a researcher watching to learn how it works- (Ofcourse, pay caution to the fact he's likely to try to break out, so have some heavily armed guys ready to take him down)

It's also possible to learn how to craft them, but very difficult- You have to sneak into one of the enemy capitals, and kidnap one of their engineers- Then keep him captured for at least a week until he's willing to spill the secret of how to craft them.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:51 am

hey guys did you hear that if you click on your fubarni warriors six times in a row they drop an item that when you use it takes you to a secret cave where there is lots of eligtite, my friend told me it totally works :) :) :)

by the way can anyone send me some eligtite

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 am

Fubarni warriors? Those guys self destruct after they've received three orders, right? Don't they include the clicks as orders?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:57 am

Hah! Nice try! None of us will fall for that.

Though there is a completely legitimate cheat- If you press alt and f4 at the same time your gold doubles. Try it now!

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:03 am

WAIT! You can get gunblades as Firjii? That changes SO much. So much. Goodbye King Rat Swarms! Goodbye Plane-fighter Catbeasts! Goodbye Riruriruriru! OH WAIT! YOU'RE ALL DEAD BECAUSE I USED GUNBLADES ON YOU! HAH!

Seriously tho Firjii tantrum spirals can get PRETTY gruesome. I took my mind off Agynp for a moment, I come back and suddenly one Furjdrone is standing over a mountain of corpses singing "Meet Me In St. Louis" while gnawing on his wife's rotting ear!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 am

M0rtimer wrote:Hah! Nice try! None of us will fall for that.

Though there is a completely legitimate cheat- If you press alt and f4 at the same time your gold doubles. Try it now!
omg i think there is a glitch in my game u guys every time i try this it crashes and i dont even get extra gold whats wrong

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:12 am

>Listening to M0rt's scams.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:50 am

I tried it, and it works fine for me! Alt + F4 doubled my gold! Maybe you'd accidentally hit the CAPS lock?
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:52 am

Actually, it even triples your gold if you first send all your gold to me THEN use alt+f4. Guaranteed to work even better than my last scam advice!

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:05 am

Did you know that with a bit of modding you could play for any race in singleplayer? Even for animals. It's pretty pointless to play for something mindless as insects or amphibia, but you could play for rats, for example. They are not intelligent enough for most of technology and can not even build what's availavle, but they have battle rage and breed like hell, so you can develop military and attack others. And rats have no tantrums too. And if you attack Kiirea magi, their chaotic blast can sometimes evolve your rats to have thumbs, so you will be able to use rat technology (mostly for armors). If you are lucky, some rat will even get higher intelligence. Then you research blood rituals and learn zombie slaves. And blood rituals don't deplete rats' happiness, so you can take prisoners and spam enslave them and get their knowledge. With slaves working on technology, you can make all your rats into military and cultists and take over everything.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 am

He. Yea I tried that, but in the old version... 0.31 I think it was? Before any earth to air attacks was made?
Over take any Arial race and you are a unstoppable GOD :D :D :D :D lolololol... Add bird crap mod (the one by Facis101Spawnzoor) lolololololololololololol...

Oh and m-Zero-rt and L1n9r3m arez Trolliez... donÔÇÖt listen to their spam... m-Zero installs a mod on you pc that makes Firjii go into Tantrum no matter what you do...

Oh.. and try out the Underworldz mod (by loverzVampires4Rell) VAMPIRES KILL WAREWOLF FTW :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Oh dear god, one of the Humies made it here. We're all doomed!
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:08 pm

...Okay, I need to ask for some serious help here. The weirdest thing happened- Well, is still happening. So this "Warrior" suddenly arrives, and I prepare my troops for combat when he suddenly stops there in the middle of the field and does nothing- Though, as soon as something- Anything, gets too close it rushes out, grabs it and completely decimates it- Even my most armoured guys instantly got struck down and added to what seemed to be a pile of corpses that he's building or something. Now, I then proceeded to take him out with ranged weapons and he showed no effort to resist, eventually dying- Problem is, the day after that, two of them arrived on the morning, doing the very same thing- To make sure it wasn't coincidence I killed those as well and surely enough... The next day there were four of them.

So any advice how I can get rid of these guys? Though I guess maybe there's a way I could use them as defenses...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:20 pm

You smash their heads in. RIght? That's how this game works? Smash till dead?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Oh.. sure... ItÔÇÖs the DeathKnights of banga langa...

What they do is they pile up your dead until they reach 666 dead bodies (donÔÇÖt matter how many knights are there, they go for a total of 666 bodies)

When that happens they will start to reanimate the bodies, setting them to working on a big round wall... IF they finish that you are in trouble, from there they will keep spawning zombies, skeletons and what not, its one giant seminary..

What YOU need to do is to get your hands on some necromancers, if you can the HiyHiy type.. what race are you playing?

Then just make a horde of frogi zombies, move them over to the knights (they wonÔÇÖt attack the frogies) then set all frogies except 1 per knight to attack, when the knight dies, its soul will enter the frogi zombie and youÔÇÖll ave a (more or less) free elite unit... and the knights will not respawn...

Okay... I have one problem....

The Marmags wont trade with me, they are frindly, no problem.. but no matter what i offer they wont accept... and I need some of theire Bugwater and Hamaha skin... Its vital before i can invade the next tribe... How do i get them to trade (Its the single player missions, race Gornark Horsepeople, level 12)

Arch Lich Burns wrote:You smash their heads in. RIght? That's how this game works? Smash till dead?
Lol... how long have you played this game? Lololololol...
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:32 pm

You must have told them you need the materials to attack another tribe. The Marmags won't help you if they know you need it for fighting.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Sh*t.. I told them that back in level 9 when I congured tribes near them, thats why the becvame frindy... F*ck... Is ther no way around it except for starting over from level 9 square 1? that level tok me like hours....
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:44 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:You smash their heads in. RIght? That's how this game works? Smash till dead?
Lol... how long have you played this game? Lololololol...
I uh ....just made the account for it. Shut up! So....I'm stuck on the Rage Against Monshine quest. There is no clear which way to go and I keep getting lost. Map does not help at all.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Sh*t.. I told them that back in level 9 when I congured tribes near them, thats why the becvame frindy... F*ck... Is ther no way around it except for starting over from level 9 square 1? that level tok me like hours....
You can find some for yourself or try to slaughter them and loot it. Don't try to steal it, they've got guards on all of their supplies.
Arch Lich Burns wrote:So....I'm stuck on the Rage Against Monshine quest. There is no clear which way to go and I keep getting lost. Map does not help at all.
Spin your screen 49 degrees clockwise and sit six and a half metres back. The map is designed really weirdly, but that should work.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 pm

What dlover suggests "Spin your screen 49 degrees clockwise and sit six and a half metres back. The map is designed really weirdly, but that should work." only works on Ipad, and its a bug....

Its a trick mission... sort of.. the name monshine? THey mean Moonshine!... you have to get booze jars (dont matter from where) THen all you have to do is get all your Scoutarz drunk.. tehn they will rage and find a way through the maze... (or kill the rest of your army if you dont have enough Booze) :P

oh.. and be prepared for battle when they find a way through for you.... XD
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Getting them drunk is a really bad idea. Sure, it gets you through, but it also aggros all of the guardians in the maze. Which is a lot.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Dlover wrote:Getting them drunk is a really bad idea. Sure, it gets you through, but it also aggros all of the guardians in the maze. Which is a lot.
Hay, I said he should be reddy for a fight :P
You'r plan is just a bug usage... thats not fun :P

Oh, and thanks for the tip... guess I have to slougther them... just dont hope I'll nede some of theire higher level products later....
-Best regards LAYF