Minecraft: A game of Epic proportions

Home to all current Forum Games.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Minecraft: A game of Epic proportions

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Someone did minecraft, WoW style, and after 3 years, the outland map is still going on. http://overviewer.org/wow/#/2851/64/4295/-6/2/0

I haven't been around much, but maybe in a week or two I'll hop in. Survival single player isn't fun when there's no one to share your creations, and as I browse the thread, it looks like there was a server hop or map reset?

In other news, my muse went back to sleep, we'll see how I feel after July 4th to get my Civ back on track. No promises.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:35 pm

There was a sever hop a little while ago. But now we have a stable server with a bunch of awesome projects
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Zanros
Remains Silent

Post by Zanros » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:00 pm

For my username it is levanterknight instead of LevanterKnight.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:52 pm

my mind has started to melt from exploring 1 set of caverns for 5 hours straight. I even had don to help me for the last 2 hours and THERE WERE STILL MORE PASSAGES TO EXPLORE!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:41 am

Zanros wrote:For my username it is levanterknight instead of LevanterKnight.
You are added.. the serer do not care for cap letters or not, not for whitelisting any way...
-Best regards LAYF

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote:Someone did minecraft, WoW style, and after 3 years, the outland map is still going on. http://overviewer.org/wow/#/2851/64/4295/-6/2/0

I haven't been around much, but maybe in a week or two I'll hop in. Survival single player isn't fun when there's no one to share your creations, and as I browse the thread, it looks like there was a server hop or map reset?

In other news, my muse went back to sleep, we'll see how I feel after July 4th to get my Civ back on track. No promises.
Dude, this guy have no life. 0.o
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 am

I won't be on the next couple of days as it seems my primary connection to the internet have died.. Unless I'm able to fix it
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 am

how did you post that? *MAGIC* ;) just kidding, I read the "primary".

Best luck with your connection.
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 am

Bahh, I use technology! Got a chip implanted directly into my brain, but the connection is terrible! :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Week 3:

Construction on my underground mine is going swimmingly. I found the perfect spot foor the living quarters and uncovered a larye vein of iron in their construction. I have sold this iron for diamonds and emeralds for a reasonable deal att The Crazy Goblin. The Crazy Goblin, where you can find all your mining needsnfor low low prices! Alright am I done now? I am? Good, bloody plugins. Anyways, aside from the construction I also found the resources to build a brewery thanks to some very charitable Blazes. Nothing beats the taste of Dwarven Ale. Reminds me of my childhood in Kzur-Dan.....
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm

I can not connect to the server. Is it down for anyone else, or is it just me?

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:22 pm

As of 12:20 AM on, well, I guess it's technically Wednesday now, I also cannot reach the server. Glitch in the system I guess?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:34 pm

I'mBob wrote:
Aegis J Hyena wrote:Someone did minecraft, WoW style, and after 3 years, the outland map is still going on. http://overviewer.org/wow/#/2851/64/4295/-6/2/0

Dude, this guy have no life. 0.o
If you do the basic painting with an world editor, it is quickly done. I think there are even things like bitmap to minecraft renderers, so he could have created much automatically. Most work is then building the structures on top of it, and if you look close he did not do a good job, most of them look ugly. But on the overview from a greater distance it looks quiet good. :)

I instantly recognized most of the shattered world or however this is called in english.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 am

Orga the Strange wrote:As of 12:20 AM on, well, I guess it's technically Wednesday now, I also cannot reach the server. Glitch in the system I guess?
Finally got a proper connection and for this? :P
Could be they are doing some server maintainance of some sort?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 am

Theis2 wrote:
Orga the Strange wrote:As of 12:20 AM on, well, I guess it's technically Wednesday now, I also cannot reach the server. Glitch in the system I guess?
Finally got a proper connection and for this? :P
Could be they are doing some server maintainance of some sort?

Yep... just recived an email that i could start it up againb -8had not seen it was down)... but its up and dunning :)
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:53 am

I dunno know what dunning is, but I will be there maybe tonight. Depends on the weather and my father. Have to finish decorating my kontor. :)

If anybody wants a office for his home, just ask. I think I can create some dorms in there.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:45 am

Just an FYI to folks, all the shops broke for some reason and are now just chests accessible by anyone. They can be reset just fine.

You have no idea how tempted I was to just walk off with the contents of the Crazy Goblin...
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 am

Hmmm.. thats anoying.. thats the 2nd time that happens... im considdering removing the shop plugin.... but its up t you guys..... you still want it or?
-Best regards LAYF

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:38 pm

I now have the largest farm on the server. In unrelated news, it would be nice if someone would get on every once and a while so I do not have 3-hour stints of me being alone.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:47 pm

So.. a Thougth... how far are we from entering the EndWorld?

I was thinking we soon found time to enter, the more the better, all in survival (no creative there...
-Best regards LAYF

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 pm

I would be up for it. I have enough food to feed several armies, so we would not be lacking there.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm more or less prepared, I only need to get the last two eyes of ender to my chest at the portal and we should be able to enter it completely legit (which is just making the trip there once again) :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:43 pm

School is starting to slow down for me as well, so I might be able to start joining a bit more soon. :)

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:29 pm

I can never get into the crazy goblin...the doors are always closed.

That and no one seems to ever be on when I am.
Orga the Strange wrote:Week 3:

Construction on my underground mine is going swimmingly. I found the perfect spot foor the living quarters and uncovered a larye vein of iron in their construction. I have sold this iron for diamonds and emeralds for a reasonable deal att The Crazy Goblin. The Crazy Goblin, where you can find all your mining needsnfor low low prices! Alright am I done now? I am? Good, bloody plugins. Anyways, aside from the construction I also found the resources to build a brewery thanks to some very charitable Blazes. Nothing beats the taste of Dwarven Ale. Reminds me of my childhood in Kzur-Dan.....

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Mereneth wrote:I can never get into the crazy goblin...the doors are always closed.

That and no one seems to ever be on when I am.

The Crazy goblin is only open during the day(Layf hooked up some fancy solar detecting panels to the doors, among other places...)

And actually, i think I have enough eyes of ender, apparently no one wanted to buy ender pearls, so i can just snag em out of my shop.