Zombies!

Home to all current Forum Games.
AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Zombies!

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Ok guys, my first game, let's see how it goes. I'm open to constructive criticism, if this goes well I have plans for other games.
Zombies!
A loud crash rings throughout your apartment, jerking you out of sleep. You sit up groggily, trying to remember what you were dreaming of just seconds ago. It was a good dream.
A sharp screech brings your mind fully into the real world. A fraction of a second later, a bloodchilling scream. What is going on? You go to your window and look out. What you see sends you reeling backwards. Fire. There's fire almost everywhere, with smoke blurring most of the view. You need to work quick, the fire will surely be spreading to this building soon. You are on the 3rd floor of a five story apartment building, located right in the middle of town. You hear noises coming from the other three rooms on this floor, the others must be thinking the same thing. You haven't had much contact with them, but you may need to rely on them in order to survive whatever's happening.

So this is how this works. The four of you have just woken up at the beginning of a zombie outbreak (shh, you don't know that yet though!). Due to your timely awakening, you have enough time to grab one item out of your apartment before leaving(good thing you slept in your clothes, eh?). After choosing your starting item, you all run out into the hallway, see eachother, and the game begins. Whether you work together or not is totally up to you. There will always be 4 players at a time, and a waiting list of players. When a player dies, that character is dead forever (maybe) and the next player on the waiting list is introduced into the game. Stay together, split up, it's all up to you. The ultimate goal is to escape the town. Players will have 6 base stats, with starting values of 1. Each player also gets 2 extra points to increase the stats as they choose. It may be possible to increase stats with other methods as well. There are two types of stats, automatic and manual. Automatic are always active, and manual needs to be used as an action. Ex:Strength is manual, you lift things or use melee weapons as an action, but perception is automatic, you automatically look at things, but you can also choose to look more carefully as an action.

The stats are as follows:
► Show Spoiler
So, I'll leave signups open for 24 hours, and then I'll randomly pick 2 players for starting characters (two spots were already reserved). The rest will be sorted into a waiting list. After that, it's first come first serve to be put at the ottom of the waiting list. Once the players are chosen, they allocate their 2 stat points, choose their starting item, and begin.

Starting items:
► Show Spoiler
This will be a mainly text based game, but I may provide visuals when/if required. Also, please keep in mind that this is my first game, so things might be a bit rocky at first. I will try to update at least twice a week. Once I have a solid schedule, I'll post it here. If all the players submit their actions early, then I'll try to update early as well.Like I said, I am open to constructive criticism, so if you have an idea that you think would make the game better or easier to manage, please let me know. Have fun, and good luck!

Current players:
LooksAtYouFunny
Nerre
ttwig
WhirdCheese
vidius
Reirrac
Last edited by AccursedBiscuit on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Zombies!

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Nice to see the game came up :)
I hope my writing skills wonÔÇÖt be too much of a problem to you.

Here is my Char:
Hank ÔÇ£Pool partyÔÇØ Jensen wrote: Strength-1
Endurance-1
Perception- 1
Intelligence-1
Agility-2
Luck-2

Items:
Roll of ducttape(10 uses)

Hank is a party guy, hence his nick name, If there is a pool party in the neighborhood you can be sure Hank is there, he might not be the smartest guy around the block, but his gymnastic skills and good luck seems to bring him the ladies attention any way. While contempt with a simple life of drinking, partying and drinking some more, the wild fires spreading across the city seems like a good excuse not to go to work, so Hank runs out into the hallway, picking up a roll of duck-tape as he leaves, (He intends to fix his bike in order to leave this messed up fire starter of a party...)
-Best regards LAYF

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Re: Zombies!(Recruiting)

Post by ttwig » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:37 pm

I would love to join with my 2 point is luck and perception and the backpack as a starting item

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Gregory Godfrey
2points in endurance & perception
Baseball bat.

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Oh right a name sorry Phillip O'Connor

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:46 pm

intrested.. will generate character when I have time.

Julia Frost

Strength- 1
Endurance- 1
Perception- 2
Intelligence- 2
Agility- 1
Luck- 1

Starts with - Fryingpan
"Winter is coming"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Here is my char. Some kind of stereotype brute:

Daniel Dixon

Strength- 2
Endurance- 2
Perception- 1
Intelligence- 1
Agility- 1
Luck- 1

Items: Baseball bat Hurley (nearly the same, but matching to his backstory)
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurling

"Daniel is a brute, a bully, a typical stereotype football player. Only that he plays Hurling, which some call even tougher. Maybe that is why he started to play it. He likes to hit things, and if those things look like they should be dead, but are not, he will hit them until they are dead for sure."
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
:zzz:

Reirrac
Whispers Softly

Post by Reirrac » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:54 pm

If a slot open for a new player:
Timmy Sullivan, ''The Geek'' wrote:Strength-1
Endurance-1
Perception- 1
Intelligence-2
Agility-1
Luck-2

Items:
Roll of ducttape(10 uses)

Timmy is an expert gamer, a legendary roleplayer and a veteran larper. When he heard the screams ans saw the chaos, he knew what was happening. Taking his trusty ducktape, he was ready. ''If the duct tape doesn't repair it, just put more duct tape.''

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Ok guys, starting players have been chosen:
Hank Jensen-LooksAtYouFunny
Daniel Dixon-Nerre
Timmy Sullivan-Reirrac
Julia Frost-vidius
Philip O'Connor-ttwig
Gregory Godfrey-WhirdCheese

Ok, the way this game is played is very similar to a currently running game "Festival of Fools". For those who haven't read any of it, this is a sort of basic summary of how this is going to be set up. The players all post their actions, things they say, etc. Once all the players have posted, I will format their actions and speech into a sort of story format, along with whatever is happening in the environment around them. Now, it is possible for players to die. Once that happens, the player whos character died goes to the bottom of the waiting list, and the player at the top of the waiting list is introduced to the group.

And awaaay we goooooo!

The four survivors rushed into the hallway almost simultaneously. Any introductions were cut short with a sharp squeeling of tires outside, which ended abruptly and caused the building to tremble slightly. Shortly smoke could be seen rising past the window at the end of the hallway, just thin whisps at first, but sure to grow in size. At the other end of the hallway is the door to the stairway.
Last edited by AccursedBiscuit on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Daniel runs to the stairs, but does not open the door yet. He rises his hurley, ready to hit, and waits for somebody else to open it. "If there is anything, just jump back" he ensures the one who opens it. If something jumps out of the staircase, he will hit it, trying to aim for it's head.

Daniel will look if there is a emergency fire extinguishing unit close to the door. Like those typical red doors, one with a extinguisher and maybe blankets, one with a fire hose and a valve.

If he finds some he will grab the extinguisher and rejoin the others.
If he finds none, he will just grab a curtain, pull it down, and wet it on a sink or water dispenser or a watering can, whatever he finds.

"Be careful wenn you open the door. I've seen a movie once, where the fire burst into a room in which there was no fire yet when somebody opened the door. Cause of the oxygen or something like that."
He holds the extinguisher/wet curtain ready in case somebody is set on fire.
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Phillip runs over to the door and opens it keeping the door between him and the entrance and going back against the wall
"Lets get out of here!" He yells to the rest of the group.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Hank...a bit unsure what to do follows the others, having seen no other danger than the fires in hte city he ask "Who are you affraid of? should we not just get the hell out of here?"
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm

OOC:
"The four of you have just woken up at the beginning of a zombie outbreak"
Sorry, seems I missed this part and was thinking we did already know about the undead. Will post a new move.

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:05 am

Julia walked out into the hallway, her heavy skillet fry pan still in her hands, warm from the bacon she had been frying up just moments ago.

She'd been looking forward to that bacon since she had gone to bed a little groggy the night before.

"The fuck is all this then?" She muttered as she heard some from of crash outside. Then she saw the smoke.

"Fuck me. Fire."

Phillip
"Lets get out of here!"
"Aye, I'm with you sunshine."

She watched as one of the other boys frantically searched for a fire extinguisher. Well that seemed smart enough.

Daniel
"Be careful wenn you open the door. I've seen a movie once, where the fire burst into a room in which there was no fire yet when somebody opened the door. Cause of the oxygen or something like that."
"Well there you go. Though I doubt the fire has risen to this part of the building yet. Also it's on the far side of the building." Julia shrugged.

Hank
"Who are you affraid of? should we not just get the hell out of here?"
"Yeah, that one."

Seeing as no one else is leading the way Julia heads over to the hallway and opens the stairway, making sure to stay behind it just in case Daniel was right.. about explosions.

If not, she will start heading down the stairs as fast as she can.

"You guys coming or not?"

She really wanted bacon.
"Winter is coming"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:20 am

"Yes, coming." Daniel answers, following her.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:29 am

ÔÇ£Sure, I'm with you.... I have a MC downstairs, I can take one on the back, just need to tape the extortion first.... Anyone else have a transport option?ÔÇØ

OOC: Feel free to have the bike stolen/burned/Zombiefied or whatever... IÔÇÖm just using it as flavor text....
-Best regards LAYF

Reirrac
Whispers Softly

Post by Reirrac » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 am

► Show Spoiler

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 am

Did I miss an OOC thread and if so where is it cause I didn't see it

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 am

ttwig wrote:Did I miss an OOC thread and if so where is it cause I didn't see it
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 am

Ok guys, OoC thread is up. Things are going a little different;y than expected, but I'll roll with it.
Current players:
Nerre
LooksAtYouFunny
ttwig
vidius

Waiting list:
Reirrac
WhirdCheese

Daniel quickly scans the room, and finds what he is looking for. A small fire extinguisher in a metal box a few feet away from the door. He pulls the door open, prompting the fire alarm to start blaring. He grabs it and aims it at the door, ready.
"Be careful when you open the door. I've seen a movie once,where the fire burst into a room in which there was no fire yet when somebody opened the door. Cause of the oxygen or something like that."
Phillip grabs the door and yanks it open, careful to keep the door between himself and any fire that might be on the other side
"Let's get out of here!"he yells, gesturing to the rest of the group.
Hank looks around unsuredly, and follows the others.

"Aye, I'm with you sunshine." Julia says as she passes the others, seeing no danger in the stairwell. She starts hurrying down the stairs as fast as she can.
"You guys coming or not?" echoed up the stairwell.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 am

Hank, not wasting another second in a burning building follows right away ÔÇ£Coming... Damn I hate stairs...ÔÇØ
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:17 am

"Didn't have much training when it was not important to be fit, had you?" Daniel says, running alongside the others, not sounding out of breath at all. How can somebody get out of breath from running downstairs hi thinks amused, but does not pick on Hank any further. Escaping is more important. If anybody catches fire, he will spray the extinguisher at him.

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Hank
ÔÇ£Coming... Damn I hate stairs...ÔÇØ
"We can agree on that. But think on the bright side, it'll make your ass look great."

Julia reaches the bottom of the stairwell and stops by the door.

"Can anyone else hear sirens? Shouldn't there be sirens or something seeing as there is a fire? Maybe one of us should call the fire brigade..."

Julia pulls out her mobile phone and tries to dial the authorities.
"Winter is coming"

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:05 pm

"I think I would rather stay with a group then risk getting lost myself" says Phillip as he follows on the stairs

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 pm

"Why call them? I just triggered the alarm when I took the extinguisher. You still can call them when we are out, but they should already know what is going on. Keep running Julia!" Daniel says, pulling her along.