Into The Woods Of Zardar [Signups]

Home to all current Forum Games.
Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Into The Woods Of Zardar [Signups]

Post by Runsaround » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:06 pm

► Show Spoiler
Welcome, strangers, to The Stillborn Bat, one of the finest taverns in our town of Zandar! I've not seen you before, you people new in town? Great! I'll give you your tour right after this. I'm Willowwand, owner and proprietor of this establishment. This is Zandar, a market town. We cater mostly to your kind, that meaning adventurers and other such journeymen and pathfinders. There are much more of you than it first seems, let me tell you that. Did you know there are more than fifty taverns in Zardar alone, and that the neighbouring towns and villages bring that up to about a hundred and fifty? This place is lousy with adventurers, and the crime rate around here is skyrocketing. No lack of hired swords to police though, so I guess it evens out. We're right in the unexplored middle of the Great Continent, right next to a forest no one dares pass through. Zardar's been here for a hundred years, when our founders defeated the Spirit Of The Woods to win the lands that we walk on today.

Now to get down to business. A friend of mine to whom I owe a favour (and some other things) wants some help. He needs a party organized so I said why not let me do it? I just scooped you guys up from the likely-looking lot. He wants to get into the forest, which is bonkers in my opinion. They say the Spirit wants to take back Zardar or something, I can't remember exactly what. So, you fine travellers in?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Risus

Updates: Mostly small ones, depending on how many people I'm addressing. I'll let you sort out actions between yourselves yourselves.

Rolling: I roll my rolls secretly, only telling you guys the answer. For routine rolls (If your rolls make sense) you can be quiet about it but important rolls should be invisible castle'd or I can do it for you.

Setting: Quite open ended, but remember that this plot thread at least revolves around Zandar and the woods.

Player no: Taking about six players at most.

Characters: Can be of any reasonably civilised race or profession. Avoid mentally insane characters. Wizards, alchemists, clerics, druids and other such things must be bought for double-pump as usual. 10 points and you must "buy" your race.

Me: Yes I'm trying again.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Quarg

Re: Into The Woods Of Zardar [Signups]

Post by Quarg » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Will apply for a post...

Name: Lars Quinn
Race: Human
Cliche Swordfighting (3), Nimble (2), Riding (1), Force Bolt (Magic)[2]
Appearence: A tall, wiry man with white hair wearing a long jacket and a sword.

Lars was formerly the swordmaster to a local Lord. Having worked up to a postion of swordsman in the Guild apprentice program he was assigned out here three years ago. While working forLord Barrymore he found himself attracted to the Lord's Wizard Amelia who seemed to be intrested in him. The couple grew close, although Amelia proved to have a severe temper. Lars discovered his latent magical ability during one of those fights, when he accidently threw a rather large rock from one side of the room to the other, when he was standing nowhere near the rock. Last year Amelia was found murdered and Lars was charged with the crime. Although aquitted, as he had been on a mission for the Lord Barrymore that evening, he lost his posting and is currently waiting a new assignment from the Guild.
Last edited by Quarg on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Uhhh can you give a link to the rules?

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Yeah, what Burns said. Game sounds fun, but rules or a how to play for a newbie to the system would be great.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:10 pm

This has piqued my interest, i will throw the hat that i don't wear onto the floor that isn't there.

I think i understand how this works, but if I'm wrong please correct me.

Name: Gibble Le Pew
Cliches: Gnome (2), Tinkerer (2), Nimble (agility) (2), Attention to Detail (searching for items/Traps) (1), Rapier (3)
Appearance: Short Silver Hair, Leather Tool-belt (Includes a small hammer, nails, Strips of leather & twine), Rapier, Leather pants (have been patched many times), a snall blue vest.

I withdraw my submission.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Uhhhh which one should I download? there are so many...

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:43 pm

The one they tell you to, Risus, The Anything RPG. First from the top. Follow the link in the link.

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/downloads.htm

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 am

I would like to join too. :)

Name: Malcom Macschultz
Cliches: MacGuyver (in the not-modern setting: kind of an alteration mage, mechanic, alchemist, medic, architekt) (2.5 double pump), Jacky Chan (melee fighter, improvised weapons, athletics, acrobatics) (2), Dr. King Schultz (eloquent, charming, trickery, etiquette, masquerade, persuasion) (3)
Long hair, sturdy cotton pants, old hat, mustache, leather jacket, magical communication device, wallet, swiss army knife, chewing gum, little pieces of wire.

Malcom was an field agent before he was asked to train agents himself. So he stopped going on missions and got a nice office, but he did not stop training like he was still listed for field duty. Later, he was transfered to work as a consultant for high rank politics due to his knowledge and experience. He is not young anymore with his nearly 40 years, but still fit, quick and has more wit than ever.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
:zzz:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 am

That's 3 confirmed and two waiting to look at the rules then. That was quick. :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 am

I really like the concept behind Risus....Still in.

Trigger_Rook
Remains Silent
UStream Username: rocketman1670

Post by Trigger_Rook » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 am

Sounds like a solid system for Forum RPGs, room for another?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 am

I will edit my 1st post for the char.

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Alright...I think I get this...

Name: Wat-Sun
Race: Orc (not sure how much this race costs...)
Cliches: Orcish Barbarian(5) Alcoholic(3) Hunter(2)
Inventory: Bladder of Ale, Leather and steel armor(straps of leather across the chest and back holding metal shoulder plates on. metal vambraces) Ancestral greatsword, Awesome Beard, longbow, quiver of arrows.
Let me know if I need to fix anything.

BACKSTORY: Being the hated child of a union between Man and Orc isn't all that fun. Unless you happened to have been born into one of the very few war tribes formed between Orcs and Human Barbarians where that sort of thing is actually encouraged. In which case it kicks a lot of ass. Fortunately for our dear Wat-Sun he was born into one of said wartribes. There he excelled in many of the things cherished by Orcs and barbarians alike, from the chugging of various alcoholic beverages, shouting at elves and wizards, punching elves and wizards and killing angry elves and wizards. naturally all this elf and wizards killing attracted attention. One night after a particularly good raid on a nearby town they themselves were raided by an army of elvish wizards. Now, one might think that Wat-Sun's wartribe deserved this, but let's face it, wizards are annoying and elvish ones doubly so. Especially the kind that enslave your race and use them for mad experiments, like the ones that attacked them. And so the mighty tribe of [INSERT ORCISH NAME HERE] (they were not a creative lot when it came to naming...) fell to the elvish wizards, despite it's members best efforts. Wat-Sun fought valiantly but was knocked out by a blow to the head from falling debris. When he awoke he found nothing but the bodies of his friends and family and the wreckage of their camp. He had miraculously been spared, his body having been hidden under the wreckage. So now Wat-Sun ventures across the land, looking for clues to the location of the rest of his tribe so that he may rescue the, from their terrible fate. And you know, being a barbarian. As a side note, though he would never admit this under pain of death, he is absolutely TERRIFIED of elves now. Granted, it's kind of like how every creature in the world is terrified of spiders, but yeah those pointy-eared bastards freak him out.

EDITED: Cliches and inventory. BACKSTORY!
Last edited by Orga the Strange on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Nerre wrote:Name: Malcom Macschultz
Cliches: MacGuyver guy (5), Jacky Chan (2), Dr. King Schultz (3)
Long hair, jeans, old hat, mustache, leather jacket, cellphone, wallet, swiss army knife, chewing gum, paper clips.
For cliche purposes, who is Dr King Schultz?
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

I will uh...try but I am unsure how to make a character. Or play.

But if I am riiiiight......

Computer geek 3, gadgeteer 3, kid 1, pokemon master 3
► Show Spoiler
that shouuuuuld work. Correct?

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Seriously, Nerre? A cellphone? Paper clips? Jeans? This isn't a modern game you know.

Also, Orga, you can add 'Orcish' to your barbarian cliche. That would work.

As for Burns, in case you didn't notice, this was supposed to be a fantasy campaign. Nerre's concept CAN work with fantasy, but 'gadgeteer' 'pokemon master'?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 am

Runsaround wrote:Seriously, Nerre? A cellphone? Paper clips? Jeans? This isn't a modern game you know.
Sorry, I did miss the part about "not modern".
Then let's call it "some wire", "sturdy cotton pants", and "magical range communication device" (you could limit it so it allows only to communicate to known people in a limited range. ;)

Dr King Schulz => Tarantinos new movie Django. He is a smart guy and talks himself out of nearly anything, has good manners, is very charming and knows about etiquette, but also is a badass bounty hunter. :)

I did edit my first post again so you see what would be the aspects behind the 3 stereotypes.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 am

Runsaround wrote:Seriously, Nerre? A cellphone? Paper clips? Jeans? This isn't a modern game you know.

Also, Orga, you can add 'Orcish' to your barbarian cliche. That would work.

As for Burns, in case you didn't notice, this was supposed to be a fantasy campaign. Nerre's concept CAN work with fantasy, but 'gadgeteer' 'pokemon master'?
I was making sure if it would work. :P I suppose asides setting that is a yes?

okay, okay, okay.

kleptomania 2, batman 4, macguyiver 2, rouge 2

Batman is for being prepared for everything :freaky:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:15 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Batman is for being prepared for everything :freaky:
A little thing for everybody to consider and why being prepared for everything should not be possible:
http://www.superheromultiverse.com/supe ... rabilities
There are some more texts like that explaining why there has to be a possibility to beat the hero, cause else he won't be a hero at all. Just a boring god.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 am

Also, by the way, considering Macguyver's awesome random tech skills, you probably should make stuff like that double-pump.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:39 am

>:? I see no reason why this belongs here (nerre). I was mostly joking. Mostly. Fine...I guess I will attempt at a real character then since obviously that won't work. >.>

Alright. You wanted me to do something...drastic, yes? Okay. Lets do this.

4th wall breaking 3, bard (2)4, lore master 1, philosopher 2

Malkus Havonmore
Human
Bard

People say I am crazy, talking to things which they do not see is there, but they are there, watching you. Watching me. Always seeing with thier prying eyes. But I know. I know you are there. Controlling me, pulling my strings. I ask of you, who is pulling your strings? I ask that of you, behind the screen. Not to you around me. If you are even there.

What does double pump mean?

Oh wait you said avoid mentally insane characters. Ooops! That cannot be helped.

Backstory: Well...since I suppose you want to hear my story, do you not runs a round? Well... you see, I have always felt something a bit...off in my life, like something that is supposed to be there. Something that I could not explain at a time. I searched around various areas for knowledge that could potentially help me. As you can see right before you that I became a philosopher and lore master, this was mostly due to this. Bard also has areas of knowledge that I can enduldge upon that comes with the benifit of magic and some..slight story telling. It is my only combat skill however, because my player thought it would have been...amusing. Yes, I know you are there. I don't particlary like it. Because I know I was not created a few days ago, but yet now I have a life? Oh you are wondering about that knowledge? Well...you see some say that I have gotten a bit...peculiar in presence of a powerful item that was supposed to mess with one's mind. Crazy, don't know what I am talking about. I know you are there though. Watching. Waiting for us to finish. My story has only just begun.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:22 am

Costs twice to buy, but when you pump it you get two extra dice instead of one. Magic stuff needs it. Magic stuff like bard.

Nice character though.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 am

Alright, I edited it. And I'm glad you liked it. :3 Purely for shenanigans this is what it's all about yes?

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:43 pm

If possible, I would like to sign up.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.