Home to all current Forum Games.
CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Re: OoTS - 1st Floor

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 am

TBFProgrammer wrote:While we are on the subject of changing your actions:

"Heal, heal, heal your bleeding teammate"
Huh, there's something that I never considered (agbain, with two PCs some stuff just doesn't come up at the table...). Does Durkon need to be on the same floor to heal someone, or anywhere?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 am

Same floor, I believe. (Just about everything requires you to be on the same floor.) But I can do that after the battle, right? It's not a battle schtick.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 am

Any schtick that says (result= battle is a draw) is always a draw no matter what. So do you want to move to a room with someone else or into the new room, which I will update in...roughly 5 hours.

I would ask that when you make dice rolls, you do it at the time that you pick which schtick you would like to use in the battle. Thank you.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 am

Unfortunately, I'll be asleep in about 5 hours. I don't want to hold up the game.

But it can't always be a draw. Otherwise it would be DEF = infinity. It's a draw if I win or it's a tie. It's a loss if they win.

I don't have good odds against a +8 when I only have +2 DEF.

So... okay.

Move down one. Defend against the zombie.

I roll a 5. With the +6 that makes 11, which beats the zombie's 8. So it's a draw.

I'll heal Elan, collect my loot from him, and I believe that does it for my turn.

That look right?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am

Thank you Wearshats(Durkon), yes that is fine if you would like to do that, but, Im in no huge rush and if you would like to explore the unexplored room, Im sure you will wake up tomorrow and be able to post. Im simply updating as fast as people post. Im not trying to be pushy if i email you.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:01 am

Elan accepts the healing.
The Barefoot Programmer

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:08 am

Yeah, I know. I'd rather let the game continue if people are ready to play. And being close to the entrance means I can unflip the Cure schtick next turn.

Actually, I could do that in the closet, too, couldn't I? It would have the same effect on my turn. And then I'd be in a better position to explore. (Also, I won't be left standing with my back to Belkar...)

Sorry. I thought I knew what I was doing. I've read the full rules. But still getting the hang of all this.

I'll move over to the Closet with Roy, heal Elan, collect the loot for doing that, and end my turn.

(I'd roleplay, but Durkon isn't the chatty type, and there isn't much going on.)

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 am

► Show Spoiler
Alrighty then, moving on.

Durkon mumbles a few words to Thor before heading down the stairs to the first floor. He moves down the stairs and then heads right and ends up in the janitors closet with Roy (it's stuffy in here with all of this manliness). Durkon mumbles a few words about beer to Thor and heals Elan 1 Hp bring his health back up to 4/4. In great foolish thankfulness Elan gives Durkon some loot that he picked up. Roy eyes the loot hungrily (Drool: Roy) as durkon takes it happily and stuffs it in his pouch with his other loot. Having entered a room with another player Durkon has no need to fear the creatures that howl in the darkness of other rooms.

Durkon may now search for stairs or do any other "end of turn" action.

Otherwise it is Belkars turn.

Map Update:
M1 - Xykons zombies - 8 Atk, 10 Def, 0 Rng (Abilities: Mindless)(Race: Undead)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 1)
M2 - Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:34 am

Nah, no need for stairs now. Belkar's turn.

► Show Spoiler

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 am

(Just got home from class. So...)

Belkar eyes the Zombie still in the room with him and draws his Twin Daggers and Leaps to the attack!

Twin Daggers of Doom is +3 ATK but gets another +1 from Leaping Attack for a total of +4... 1d12+4=9

Unfortunately, he misjudges things, including his landing and the Halfling grunts in pain as he hits the floor, as the Zombie stumbles backwards.

(*mutters* Oh, if I want to set a ST card for the start of another PC's turn, how does that happen? I want to get back at Durkon for deciding to leave the room he was safe in {since I can't attack you if there are Monsters}. :halofall: )

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Hmm. I was going to suggest you PM BA about your intentions, but, in the broader sense, it might be good to have a procedure in place for Screw This cards. I get the feeling there are a lot of different triggers. What do you do if you're thinking of playing one in the midst of battle and the roll was made in the same post as the decision to join the battle?

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:42 am

Okay, its saturday and I will actually update now, i apologize for the wait.

Wears, thanks for bringing up ST cards. we could slow the battles down, but then that would just take forever. Is suppose you could preemptive strike with screw this cards. Before the turn of the person you are planning to screw plays their turn PM me your intentions.

Okay, update:
Belkar, thinking himself an almighty god, attacks Xykons zombies without thought of asking for help or being cautious and ends up falling on his halfing ass. Belkar takes 1 wound.

It is now Haleys turn, unless belkar really really wants to search for stairs.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Okay, update:
Belkar, thinking himself an almighty god, attacks Xykons zombies without thought of asking for help or being cautious and ends up falling on his halfing ass. Belkar takes 1 wound.
"Belkar, an almighty god in his own right, had an off day," Belkar corrects. "Geez, no love for those of below-average height!"

Stairs...are beneath him! :roll:

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:16 am

Haley attacks the Zombies using range with her Longbow shtick.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Sorry, weekends are a bit more hectic for me on updating, but here goes. I won't be able to update the map until Monday.

Haley slowly draws an arrow from her quiver, sets it in her longbow lines up her sights on Xykons zombies and lets loose her arrow. Due to the lack of ranged defense the zombies quickly die. Xykon will not be pleased. Having killed the zombies, Haley marks a small X into her belt as a sign that she defeated a foe. The zombies drop 1 loot into the room they are in.

Haley can now search for stairs or other things you can do at the end of your turn. Otherwise it is now Elans turn.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:20 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Haley slowly draws an arrow from her quiver, sets it in her longbow lines up her sights on Xykons zombies and lets loose her arrow. Due to the lack of ranged defense the zombies quickly die. Xykon will not be pleased. Having killed the zombies, Haley marks a small X into her belt as a sign that she defeated a foe. The zombies drop 1 loot into the room they are in.
Well, I had present this, but apparently it got lost in the sea of PMs, so:

"Way to steal a kill, Rogue!" Belkar shouts, playing Screw This (Broken Weapon) - (When: At the end of any battle when a player used a weapon schtick)(Effect: Flip all copies of the schtick used, can only be unflipped if player ends turn at dungeon entrance).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 am

In a half-sized bout of rage, which is half as potent as real rage, belkar yells "Screw This"(Broken Weapon) - (When: At the end of any battle when a player used a weapon schtick)(Effect: Flip all copies of the schtick used, can only be unflipped if player ends turn at dungeon entrance). Haleys longbow has now been flipped. She needs to end her turn at the dungeon entrance to unflip her longbow schtick.

Haley can now search for stairs or other things you can do at the end of your turn. Otherwise it is now Elans turn.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:30 am

BadgeAddict wrote:In a half-sized bout of rage, which is half as potent as real rage,
*headshakes* Jealousy does not befit you. >:(

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:57 am

End turn.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:12 am

Moving into the same room as the Belkster and picking up that loot.

"Leave leave leave Haley alone."
The Barefoot Programmer

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:22 am

I apologize, it would seem like weekends will get updated, just not as normal. The story continues...

Elan, aghast that the half-pint of pure (well, half-pure) rage chose to attack his beloved Haley. To spite Belkar, he moves into the room and picks up the loot that fell from the monster that Haley killed.

Stats updated
Map update:
M2 - Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)

Unless Elan wants to do any "end of turn" actions it is now Roys turn.

I need to send Elan 1 loot and V 7 battle cards. (this is a reminder to myself, but if I've forgotten anything else, please let me know. Also a note concerning Screw this cards. If you would like to play one at the end of someones turn, don't worry about PMing me, just go ahead and post that you would like to play it at a certain time. But I would ask that you do this no more than 1 turn ahead, otherwise its just more for me to remember. Thank you.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:53 am

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:06 am

Ask and you shall receive

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:13 am

"Search search search out the stairs."