OoTS - 1st Floor

Home to all current Forum Games.
I'mBob
Game Master

Re: OoTS - 1st Floor

Post by I'mBob » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 am

Yes, I loot the loot.

@Nerre, my fight has ended so I can not give you the loot, and i couldn't in the fight because you were not in the same floor as me.
And 9&11 is quite though for the beginning, but not too much. As you see, I manage to win it. And with giving loots to others it becomes really easier to win.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:21 am

"Woohoo, let's go explore a dungeon!"

Elan will move down and left (I'm assuming that Haley isn't searching for stairs then?)
The Barefoot Programmer

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:26 am

Let me try to give a quick explanation on what is happening. Each turn you have 3 movement points, but when you enter an unexplored room, you stop and a battle begins. Haley moved 1 down and 1 right, she arrives in a new room and a battle begins. Belkar plays a monster from his battle hand into the room (battle size is currently only 1 because we're on the first floor). When you face monsters in this manner you are always Defending and the monster is attacking. So Haley chooses to use her longbow(+2 Atk, +2 Def). At this point she has a decision to make. she has a few options. 1. She can offer loot to someone on the same floor as her for +2 Def per drool (# of times that persons face is on loot). 2. Go at it alone. Haley chose to take the beast on alone, she rolls 1d12(this always happens whether its attacking or defending) and luckily she rolled a 10.

Blue= Defense, Red=Attack

Basically: Longbow +2 Def plus 10(1d12 die roll results) = 12 total Defense vs the monsters 9 Attack = 12 vs 9, Defense wins the fight

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:34 am

Okay, onward..Like I said, I will draw the loot for Haley when I get home from work. And now for Elan.

Elan moves Down to the first floor and moves left and discovers...Pit of Outdated Monsters(monsters defeated in this room cannot be saved), Haley(bob) please play a monster, Battle size is currently 1.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:38 am

I will play my Troll . - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)
► Show Spoiler

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I will be using some x-treme diplomacy and be offering either the Belkster or Haley a nice piece of loot (1 drool point for either) to assist.
The Barefoot Programmer

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm

I agree.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Elan moves down to the first floor and then moves left one room, having entered an unexplored room (Pit of outdated monsters, defeated monsters in this room cannot be saved) he ends his movement and finds himself facing a Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2). He decides to use his X-treme diplomacy(verbal) which grants him +1 Def, he then offers a piece of loot to Haley who accepts bumping him up to a total of 3 Defense vs. the Trolls 10 Attack. Placing his faith in the dice, he rolls and gets a three
= 6 Defense vs. 10 Attack. He loses the battle and takes 1 wound bringing his health down to 3/4.

At this time, Elan must give the loot he offered to Haley to Haley(unless you have a screw this card that negates this)

Unless Elan would like to search for stairs or do anything else on the "end-of-turn" action list it is now (ttwig)Roys turn.

Updated Map:
M1 - Xykons zombies - 8 Atk, 10 Def, 0 Rng (Abilities: Mindless)(Race: Undead)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 1)
M2 - Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Elan will search for stairs.
The Barefoot Programmer

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Placing his faith in the dice, he rolls and gets a three
= 6 Defense vs. 10 Attack. He loses the battle and takes 1 wound bringing his health down to 3/4.
Ha! That'll teach you to offer anyone else loot! *ducks*

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Elan searches for stairs but can't seem to find any. (1-3 finds stairs)

It is now (ttwig)Roys turn.

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:09 am

I will move down and left 2

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Also quick question when trading in loot for schticks is it 1 per drool or 1 if it has a drool?

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 am

ttwig wrote:Also quick question when trading in loot for schticks is it 1 per drool or 1 if it has a drool?
1/drool. Each character, at least in the expansions, has a "three faced" item. I can't remember if that was part of the original game or not. I didn't play it much without expansions... :oops:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 am

when i emailed loot, i sent it like this:
Loot1 (Drool = Elan, Durkon(2x)) - so this means that Elan drools for it once, and Durkon drools for it twice. so, Elan = 1 and would need 2 more, Durkon = 2 and would need 1 more.

Roy goes down to the first floor and left two times, he finds a janitorial closet. Players cannot attack you when you are in this room.(aka safe place to rest). Since you moved into an unexplored room there will now be a battle. The battle size is currently 1, TBFProgrammer (Elan) needs to play a monster.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:04 am

The janitor of this dungeon is named Lokor:

7 Atk, 6 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Duel, Encourage)(Race: Human)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 1)
The Barefoot Programmer

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 am

I will use the greenhilt sword schtick and fight it

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:00 am

Roy heads down into the dungeon, and moves left twice. He enters an unexplored room and discovers that it is a janitorial closet. It looks like he is safe here from the attacks of other players. As soon as he enters the room Lokor 7 Atk, 6 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Duel, Encourage)(Race: Human)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 1) appears. Taking up his Green-hilt sword (+2 Def) and swings hard(6) at lokor. Roy swings just hard enough to slay him. Lokor dies, giving Roy 1 notch on his belt (X) and dropping 1 loot on the floor.

Roy can pick up the loot, search for stairs (both if you want) or any other action that can be perform at the end of his turn.
Otherwise it is Nerre (Vaarsuvius) turn.
You can see updated stats HERE.

Updated Map:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:02 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am

The map more than works IMHO. Also, I'm RPing Belkar even in my OOC actions in the greater game (the game itself states it as the characters playing themselves, after all :P ), so why wouldn't there be RP in the battles as well?

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:02 pm

I will pick up the loot and search for stairs I would also like to turn in my first loot for a schtick

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm

I will get you set up with loot and new schticks when i get home in about 1.5 hours. It is now Nerre(V)s turn.

Roy search desperately for some stairs downward but finds nothing.

I also took care of the loot that Elan owed to Haley for her help (even though it failed).
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:07 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I will get you set up with loot and new schticks when i get home in about 1.5 hours. It is now Nerre(V)s turn.
Ol' reliable did decide to search for stairs :p

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 pm

I don't understand, Bob wrote he managed to win but still there are monsters listed in Room 1. :/

I think I will have to read the full rules before I get the game play. I was thinking this was more of a co-op game, but as far as I understood the actions are all over, including the one I wanted to help. So if you want help you can only ask for is if you move into the room the person already is? It cannot happen after that or at the same time?
:zzz:

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 pm

I'mBob is Haley and currently located in the Monster Lounge. The #1 is CelineSSauve, the Belkster and currently located in the ordinary dungeon corridor. There is no Room 1, as numbers denote where players are.
Nerre wrote: I think I will have to read the full rules before I get the game play. I was thinking this was more of a co-op game, but as far as I understood the actions are all over, including the one I wanted to help. So if you want help you can only ask for is if you move into the room the person already is? It cannot happen after that or at the same time?
You can ask for help from any one on the same floor as you (horizontal row of rooms), not just the same room. Once someone accepts the request, it is final and you can only be helped by one person at a time. You can only request help after engaging a monster but before rolling the dice.

As for the game being co-operative, it is in the sense that you will need to work with the other players if you wish to make progress, but the purpose to which we are playing is competative. In short, other players making progress early in the game is a good thing (especially Elan and Durkon), and you should help them to do so. Towards the end of the game, you should be a lot more stingy about helping anyone ahead of or close behind you.
Last edited by TBFProgrammer on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Barefoot Programmer