OoTS - 1st Floor

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: OoTS - 1st Floor

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:30 pm

So what is M1 and M2? Bob = Haley wrote he won so why are there still monsters in the room Haley is in?
:zzz:

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:35 pm

The Monster you see it the Zombie the Belkerster magnificently hid from!

Haley defeated the only monster in her room. You are safe to stop in a room with another PC. You can attack them, of just do other end of turn actions at that point.
Nerre wrote:I think I will have to read the full rules before I get the game play. I was thinking this was more of a co-op game, but as far as I understood the actions are all over, including the one I wanted to help. So if you want help you can only ask for is if you move into the room the person already is? It cannot happen after that or at the same time?
You can only offer Loot (when you are about to roll for a battle) to someone who:
a) matched one of the Drool marks on your Loot
b) is on the same floor
and in the case of PvP battles c) has yet to help anyone else, or has already agreed to help you for a Loot you offered for the same round of combat.
[PvP takes turns. So if V and Elan are squaring off and V gets to offer first, then if Haley accepts, she can't help Elan, and he has to offer Loot to someone else if he wants help, V can then offer more Loot to Haley, or offer it to anyone but someone who helped Elan on the previous turn, and so on. {Or that's how I understand it, with only two Players, NPCs always say yes. :shrug: }]
TBFProgrammer wrote:Once someone accepts the request, it is final and you can only be helped by one person at a time.
I don't remember that last one before, since you can't defeat Xykon without multiple allies.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Nerre wrote:So what is M1 and M2? Bob = Haley wrote he won so why are there still monsters in the room Haley is in?
M1 and M2 are the still living monsters. Bob is the number 2 and his room is called the Monster Lounge, but it doesn't have any monsters currently in it.
The Barefoot Programmer

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:45 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:
TBFProgrammer wrote:Once someone accepts the request, it is final and you can only be helped by one person at a time.
I don't remember that last one before, since you can't defeat Xykon without multiple allies.
Huh, it actually doesn't say that. My bad.
The Barefoot Programmer

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Quick update here for Roy new schticks:
Bag of Tricks: (Magic Schtick) +1 Def, +0 Atk, +2 Rng (Results=foe loses 1 wound)(Boost: +2 Def, +2 Rng)
Main Charcter: You gain 1 extra bragging point from this schtick at the end of the game.
Kickin Back: When you rest you gain 2 Hp instead of 1.

If you have any questions, PM me nerre and I will answer any question you have.

ttwig
Speaks Quietly

Post by ttwig » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm

I will take kickin back

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:45 am

Ok let's try it.

Hope it is correct, did not fully understand it yet.

I am playing
Dumb Ogre - 9 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 1)
into the pit of outdated monsters.

Then I am moving into the ordinary dungeon corridor and I will attack the Dumb Ogre and the
Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)
with my Fireball Schtick, which attacks 2 enemies.
I rolled an 8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4008809/, the Schtick gives +5 ATK, so both monsters are dead, right?

I will now go to the pit of outdated monsters with my second move and collect the loot, which should be 3 Loot, right?

If possible, I now would play my
Screw This(Whats my motivation?)
card.

Do I have to do anything else to do?

When V arrives in the room she shot the fireball into, she talks to Elan, who is standing in front of the two scorched corpses.
"Elan, are you alright? I hope I did not roast you, but I could not stand by idly when I saw those two monsters approach you."

OOC: Can I share one of those 3 loots with Elan, just cause I am a nice guy? Can I decide which of the 3 or do I just asign 1 loot and he then gets cards from the Elan-deck? Or will he automaticly get those on which he has a higher need? (I think this is what Drool is about, right?)

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:56 am

@Nerre: There is a link to the rules in the first post. I highly recommend referring to them while you take your turn if you are struggling to understand anything.

You only play monsters when a new battle starts, starting with the person to the left of the player who triggered a new battle (moved into a room [space on the board] without any monsters or players). In other words, if you move into a new room, ttwig will play a monster for you to fight. If you move into the room with Haley or Roy in it, you wouldn't fight at all, unless you made a ranged attack into one of the other rooms. If you move into the room with either Belkar or Elan, you will have to fight the monster that is already there (and only that monster).

You may move once in any given turn. The only room you actually enter is the one you stop on. Your total move distance cannot be more than three rooms and if you enter a room that has not yet been entered you must stop there.

Finally, for your Fireball schtick to work, the monsters must be in the same room.
Last edited by TBFProgrammer on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Barefoot Programmer

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:59 am

But fireball has range and it hurts if I am in the same room. Being forced to use it in the same room sounds like something stupid. Like shooting through your own shoulder to kill the bad guy in Die hard 4.
Why does it have a range then?
What advantage does range have then, if we are forced to spawn monsters right in front of us and then fight them there? And how can I see for the monsters who are already in the game if I drool over their loot or not? I also read the rules about loot in the room you are or rooms further away. That all sounds negative for ranged fighters. :/
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:01 am

Nerre wrote:But fireball has range and it hurts if I am in the same room. Being forced to use it in the same room sounds like something stupid. Like shooting through your own shoulder to kill the bad guy in Die hard 4.
Why does it have a range then?
What advantage does range have then, if we are forced to spawn monsters right in front of us and then fight them there?
You can move into a room occupied by another player (or remain in a room once in the dungeon) and trigger fireball on a room you are not in. It still only affects the monsters in the targeted room.
The Barefoot Programmer

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:09 am

Ah damn...Then I will go to the monster longue and still shoot at the
M2 - Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)
in the pit of outdated monsters, killing it.
I won't have to play a monster, cause somebody is already in the room, right?

I still would like to play the card which gives me more cards as said above.

Do I get the loot or does it just drop into the room?
Or can you pick it up for me with Elan?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am

You have killed it, congrats, it drops 2 loot and you may pick up both. I will email you the new cards and loot tonight when i get home from work.

Okay, let me try to explain the thing you can and cannot do:

1. Perform any action that can or must be done at the start of your turn (Equip or unequip loot, search for stairs, trade in red X's for a new schtick, trade in loot you drool over for a new schtick(this is loot which is labeled with your name), pick up 1 loot card if you are in a room with no monsters, play a Screw This! card if you can (read the When of the card), after resting, stand up and heal 1 Hp and unflip your schticks.)
2. Move up to 3 rooms, movement stops when a battle begins (unless otherwise specified, battles always occur when you enter a new room)
3. Battle monsters or other players
4. Perform any action that you can at the end of your turn (Equip or unequip loot, search for stairs, trade in red X's for a new schtick, trade in loot you drool over for a new schtick(this is loot which is labeled with your name), pick up 1 loot card if you are in a room with no monsters(only if you didn't do this at the start of your turn), play a Screw This! card if you can (read the When of the card), (when the dungeon is collapsing, remove a room)
5. Next persons turn

So, on your turn, you can start by performing any "pre-turn" action that is listed above.STOP you may then move up to 3 rooms STOPyou may then battle a monster or player STOP you may then perform any "post-turn" action STOP It is now the next players turn.

The STOP signifies continuing to the next action, without being able to go back, the turns are not in any order you want but in order 1-5. You cannot play your own monster into the room.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 am

Thanks. That is nice. I helped Elan so he won't have to fight the monster again next turn. :)

Can I then trade loot for Schticks if the loot you post me has a V-Drool, as partof step 5?
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:17 am

Nerre wrote:Ah damn...Then I will go to the monster longue and still shoot at the
M2 - Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)
in the pit of outdated monsters, killing it.
I won't have to play a monster, cause somebody is already in the room, right?

I still would like to play the card which gives me more cards as said above.

Do I get the loot or does it just drop into the room?
Or can you pick it up for me with Elan?
I don't think you can do a ranged attack if you move that round? So you shouldn't be able to go to the Lounge and attack anything but PC2 who is also in that room. (But I'm on campus now, so I may not be remembering correctly.)

Loot can be picked up by anyone if there are no Monsters in the room and they're already in it, but they have no requirement to "share" it. (In fact, the only way to "give" Loot is to over it to Durkon to heal you, or to offer it for support in a battle.)

While you can attack at range, you must defend defend if you're entering a room with a monster in it, or a completely empty room.

BadgeAddict wrote:You cannot play your own monster into the room.
Well, not until lower levels with larger battles, at least. (Leadership can allow you to take a turn to play a monster on yourself, but it needs to be at least a battle size of 6 or more monsters.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:23 am

Okay okay...Hold on everyone... We're going to start this turn over, but V, you may still use the roll that you made (i will allow that)

Nerre(V) it is your turn, you would like to move. Im afraid celine is correct in that you may not attack monsters at range after moving. (I realize there are so many rules with this game, and i apologize for that). At range meaning not in the same room as yourself.

So, its your turn, you may move up to 3 rooms. If you would like, you could move into the room that contains: Roy, Elan, Belkar, or Haley You may also move down and to the right to enter an unexplored room.

For abilities and definitions look HERE.

Here is the Map:
M1 - Xykons zombies - 8 Atk, 10 Def, 0 Rng (Abilities: Mindless)(Race: Undead)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 1)

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 am

Ok, then I will play a slightly modified version of my first plan:

I am moving into the pit where Elan is. I will attack the troll with fireball:
Troll - 10 Atk, 10 Def, 1 Rng (Abilities: Impervious)(Race: Ogre)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 2)
I rolled an 8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4008809/, the Schtick gives +5 ATK, so he is dead.

I pick up the loot.
I want to play the
Screw This(Whats my motivation?)
card at the end of my turn and trade my X for a new Schtick. If any of the loot has a V-Drool, I will also trade it.

Roleplay:
When V arrives in the room she sees Elan standing right in front of a troll. Unable to come up with any other idea, she shoots a fireball at it, discarding the knowledge it will hurt her. After the smoke has vanishes, she asks
"Elan, are you alright? I hope I did not roast you, but I could not stand by idly when I saw those two monsters approach you."
Then she picks up any loot the monster left behind.

OOC:
No need to apologize. New game, so some confusion is natural. And since I am the most confused as it seems, it would have to be me to apologize, not you. ;) Thanks for the patience and help.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:52 am

okay, so you need X,X,X - 3 red Xs in order to trade in for new schticks. Because you are in the "pit of outdated monsters, anything killed in this room cannot be saved.
You can use the screw this card that you used, I will get you those new cards tonight when I get home.

Now, because you moved into a room with a monster, even though there is a player in the room, you must Defend.

Due to being the defender I would suggest using the Verbose Recitation schtick as it grants you +3 Def, allowing you to successfully hide.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:56 am

So I have to play another monster against which I defend? Or are you suggesting to use the Verbose recitation retroactively to win against the troll instead of the fireball, since it won't hurt V and still win? In thise case you are right, Verbose recitation is better and I will use it.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:57 am

Nerre wrote:So I have to play another monster against which I defend? Or are you suggesting to use the Verbose recitation retroactively to win against the troll instead of the fireball, since it won't hurt V and still win? In thise case you are right, Verbose recitation is better and I will use it.
The second one, since you would normally be choosing the schtick after you knew you were defending.
The Barefoot Programmer

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:10 am

I will move forward with the second option: (you'll catch on as it goes, I would suggest reading through the moves of other people.)

V decides to move down the steps of the dungeon entrance into the unknown. He/She moves down the stairs onto the first dungeon floor. V then moves left toward Elan who is wallowing with a foolish grin on his face in the pit of outdated monsters. Upon arriving V sees the Troll and quickly begins to recite a ton of nonsense which effectively puts the stupid creature to sleep, effectively allowing V to slip into a corner of the room unnoticed.

V may search for stairs if he/she desires to do so. (V plays Screw This(Whats my motivation?) and receives 7 new battle cards).

It is now wearshats(Durkon)s turn.

For abilities and definitions look HERE.
Here is the Map:
M1 - Xykons zombies - 8 Atk, 10 Def, 0 Rng (Abilities: Mindless)(Race: Undead)(# of Red X = 1)(# of Loot = 1)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 am

Might as well keep exploring. Down and two to the right.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 am

Durkon, heads down to the first floor on the dungeon and moves right into an unexplored room (which i forgot to put in my backpack) so i will update everything tonight.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:03 am

Actually, scratch that. I'll move down one room and stop there, triggering a battle with the zombies in which I am the defender.

With the Big Heavy Armor I get +6 Def. (What's that about the battle being a draw? That's if I'm attacked at range?) I assume that the armor counts as a battle schtick so I can't also use Thor's Hammer? Or does that mean that, even in this situation, if I win, the zombies don't actually die?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:12 am

WearsHats wrote:Actually, scratch that. I'll move down one room and stop there, triggering a battle with the zombies in which I am the defender.

With the Big Heavy Armor I get +6 Def. (What's that about the battle being a draw? That's if I'm attacked at range?) I assume that the armor counts as a battle schtick so I can't also use Thor's Hammer? Or does that mean that, even in this situation, if I win, the zombies don't actually die?
It's a draw, like when Belkar hid from it. Being saved by your Armor does not harm the Zombie, after all.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 am

While we are on the subject of changing your actions:

"Heal, heal, heal your bleeding teammate"
The Barefoot Programmer