The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1330

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Maybe use the board to try and tip it before you cut to reduce the chances of it spraying you?

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:42 pm

do i even have a board in my inv?

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:44 pm

No, they're supposed to be hand-carry items only. I should probably have had you drop it on the other side of the rope... but since I didn't, we can assume you threw it across or something.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Woo! Okay using the board to protect my hide.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:23 pm

ok - so to clarify, are you using the board to protect yourself from the glue while you try and saw through the stalk with a piece of sharpened coconut?

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Yes. It sounds silly and dumb but yes.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:57 pm

:lol: But all the best plans do! I like creative weird plans :)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Turn 224

Image

The drumming continues and Buttons worries. He drags the last tree-man into the ditch and bundles some of the wood together at each end so that they can be lit quickly if needed. By the end of the turn, he's pretty pleased with his handiwork.

Image

Kin leaps down the ladder and rushes south. She should be able to reach the box next turn.

Image

Treasures reclaims the arrow from the owlbear corpse and climbs up the ladder into a remarkably spacious basket. The enormous balloon sags sadly over her head.

Image

"I was just talking about where they came from, not what they were bringing. You should perchance know how to lure them to us rather than their proper destination?"
"Oh no! You can't do that! If they don't deliver the mail on time then they'll be killed. A bad mail-crow isn't worth anything to anyone! In fact, you should get rid of this disgusting corpse before they get much closer, it will be very distracting for them!"

Shackled heads north and enjoys the sunshine, but the old man doesn't follow him.

Image

Inside the cave, Silver ducks behind her bit of wood and starts trying to saw through the mushroom stalk with her coconut darts. The mushroom splorges its glue-stuff and the board quickly gets welded to the side of the mushroom. Her darts work ok to stab holes into the side of the thing, but it's going to take ages without better tools. Her knives would definitely be better for the job, but this could definitely have gone worse. The creeper vines twitch their way closer to Silver.

Image

In the dreamworld, Write is getting increasingly hungry but manages to control her cravings...

"You saying I'm rude after you start suggesting that you'll try to eat me? Give it a rest. So this whole thing is an illusion? (more quietly) Great...an illusion in a dream. Okay...I think I know what we need to do to get out of here and get food. Bear with me just a bit more and I'm sure we can get this figured out without either one of us becoming a meal."

Focusing REALLY hard, she tries to see through what she has decided is an illusion. The tablecloth is a lie, the table is a lie, the food is all a lie. She has a sudden feeling of vertigo as the table above and around her seems to shift, and she catches a glimpse of a bare stone room containing nothing but dust and mouldy, rotten furnishings. A dark patch in the back wall catches her eye, but before she gets a good look at it, the illusion springs back into place.

"Woah... What was that?! I - I must be delirious from hunger!"

The little guy drools even worse and edges his way closer to Write.

---------------------------------------------------

This was another big update so let me know if you spot any errors!

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Silver gets out her daggers of the glue shroom and quickly uses one to glue the vine to the wallbefore going back to poking glue shroom with sharpened covonut

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Do you mean you're going to try to pin it to the wall? Or do you want to use your daggers to smear mushroom glue on the vine?

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Glue the vine to the wall

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1330

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Write smiles to herself and moves to where she saw the hole in the wall.

"Everything in this room is an illusion, and I saw the way out over there. We can get out of here and get something to eat!"

She will go to the where she saw the hole in the wall and focus only on seeing what is really there - nothing. She'll step in the hole when it appears and turn to the little guy stretching her arm back to him.

"Are you coming or do you want to keep eating imaginary food?"

She will be wary of him the whole time and if he gets aggressive before she is in the hole she'll kick him away. She will wait in the hole until she determines whether or not he is coming. Should he simply stand there or attack her (requiring the kick away) she'll say,

"Follow me whenever you want, this hole isn't going anywhere."

She will then move into the darkness of the hole, with or without him.
______________

OOC: not to second guess you Thinks but it seems like you missed an excellent opportunity to have a cake on the table...so it could be a lie. ;)
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:13 pm

Ooc: it did cross my mind :lol:

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by Narshe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Treasures will search the room, starting with the chests, barrels and bags, and then the bed and (carefully), the fireplace that she imagines keeps the balloon going.

Priority is to look for anything that looks like it might be a spellbook, anything that could be used against Jack, and anything that teaches her how to operate the balloon...

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6746

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 am

Shackled moves down to take a look at what the old man is doing.

If he's there Shackled will get some sun nearby and talk to him
"I thought you came along to see the quicksand pit just north of here."

If he's not there anymore, shackled will move left and watch for the ravens.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1330

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:33 am

Vote: Kin will continue her fast but careful trek towards the box, opening it and removing the contents. If there is enough time she'll port back to camp as well.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Narshe
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by Narshe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Whoops, forgot to vote Kin's action! Rodgeir's vote sounds good, so I'll second that. :-)

User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
Posts: 2288
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Button look around to see what last minute defenses he might be able to manage on his own. Looking at what resources are left there's not too much that springs to mind. Best thing he can think of now is either working on something that will please Mags, or trying to the cart into a trap. Buttons tests to see if he can lever the cart up onto its long side. and use one of the longer planks to prop it up with the capture hole facing towards the wall.

Trying to make something like this


ooc: also agree for Kins actions
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 224

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:50 pm

All right. Life is going back to normal a bit this week, and I'll get you guys an update on Friday / Saturday.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 225

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Turn 225

Image

Silver pulls out her daggers and uses one to smear mushroom glue onto the vines on the wall. It works really well and the twitching vine seems unable to get free. Unfortunately, the knife gets stuck in the glue too! She should be able to get it back if she can figure out how to melt the glue, but until then it's entirely possible she just managed to create some well-armed wall-foliage.

Image

Treasures searches the basket and discovers that the thing in the middle looks like some sort of furnace with a lot of ash in there and spent coal and stuff inside. The large crank on the left of the basket is marked with an anchor symbol. She has a quick look through the rest of the items and finds what looks like a communal sleeping area and a larger bunk with soft bedding in it. Inside the bags, she finds a little left-over coal, some books, a little food, a brass compass and sextant, and a leather binder with some sheafs of parchment inside and a little silver stamp for sealing letters with wax. From the meagre supplies, she supposes that the group must have been planning on foraging for food and water on the island.

Image

Shackled heads south again and finds the old man kicking sand at Grem's corpse.

"I thought you came along to see the quicksand pit just north of here."
"Quicksand! Perfect! Quickly, grab the end of this foul creature and help me drag it to the quicksand before it distracts those poor crows from their postal services! Quick!"

Shackled recovers 1HP from spending half the morning in the sunshine.

Image

Kin sprints to the pond and finally makes it there! She should be able to loot the chest next turn and hopefully 'port back (the chest is too large to teleport with).

Image

Buttons investigates the mine cart and discovers that it's far too heavy to push over by himself. Maybe if they had some leverage and everyone worked together they could do something, but he can't do it alone. He could probably manhandle a chest into a simple trap though...

Image

"Everything in this room is an illusion, and I saw the way out over there. We can get out of here and get something to eat! Are you coming or do you want to keep eating imaginary food?"
"Are you mad? That's a wall!"
"Follow me whenever you want, this hole isn't going anywhere."

In the dreamworld, Writes feels along the far wall until she comes to the place where she saw the tunnel before. Her hands and eyes insist that there is a perfectly good wall there, but she knows better and tries to focus her mind on what she saw a moment ago. Taking a breath, she closes her eyes and steps into Platform 9 3/4s a dark and silent tunnel and the hunger pangs disappear immediately.

The little hungry creature scampers along behind her and after a little while, she finds herself some more company.

----------------------------------------

*So I use random.org to help guide the outcomes of your actions and man, they didn't like Silver's actions this turn!

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1330

Re: The Island: Turn 225

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:11 am

Write looks at the minions new workers in the mine. She clears her throat to as not to startle them and to give them a second to see her before waving and saying,

"Hello there! My name is Write and this (she'll gesture to the little guy to let him say his name). I am trying to get up that tunnel there and I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how one would go about doing that? I see that you're busy harvesting some...sap there and I don't want to keep you from your work! Is that sap, by any chance, sticky enough I could use it to climb up?"

If they three workers don't answer immediately she'll say to her new friend(?), "I'm glad you decided to follow me! I'm not hungry anymore, how do you feel?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Island: Turn 225

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:39 am

At least it was the sharpened coconut and not actual dagger then. Now back to poking the shroom with a coconut dagger.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14026
Location: Florida

Re: The Island: Turn 223

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:20 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Silver gets out her daggers of the glue shroom and quickly uses one to glue the vine to the wallbefore going back to poking glue shroom with sharpened covonut
You said you wanted to glue the vine to the wall with a dagger, so it's one of your daggers that got stuck I'm afraid.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15098
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Island: Turn 225

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 am

I said take out the dagger from the shroom to glue it to the wall....but i can see where it could be thought as otherwise.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6746

Re: The Island: Turn 225

Post by Theis2 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 am

"I guess I should just tell you now, but besides you and me and the occasional traveler these islands are mostly visited by bandits and pirates. Delaying their mail and looking at it is quite possibly better than having them launch a surprise attack on us."

If the old guy still insist Shackled will help but feign weakness and nausea from managing the body trying to hinder progress without making it too obvious.

► Show Spoiler
I vote kin loots the content and moves towards Shackled to give him the contents :shifty:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply