The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah, sorry I thought u guys knew that... Must hsve been in one of the posts that got lost.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 14)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:35 am

@Maia: Sorry, didn't notice your questions!
The plank is too large to fit in your inventory, but it's still there on the beach if you want to carry it around (requires use of both hands, so can't be carried while wielding another weapon for example).

I'll update later today to give you guys more time to see this, but if I don't hear anything else, I'll assume Swallows wants to (carefully) study the trap in the chest.

@doublefried: Missing an action from you (again).

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 am

If I may vote for Spreads (so he doesn't do anything at all):

He runs towards trapped Silver, too. (east, north I think...)
If he arrives and still can do anything he looks around for anything that he could help Silver with, like a branch or something to use as lever or something with an edge to use to cut the plant open, freeing up Silver's feet (without stepping into any of the other plants!) and/or examines the plants on the path (but, again not touching and/or stepping into them!), especially the one that had got Silver, so we might get a better idea what we're dealing with.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:43 am

I second Gather's vote for Spreads... if we can do anything to stop him from spacing out again.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:45 am

Thirded
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Turn 14

"HELP!"

Silver yelps in panic and tries to attack the plant. Unfortunately, the pointiest things she has are her own claws, but they aren't strong enough to do any damage and the carnivorous plant continues to chew on her ankles causing another 1DAM and reducing her to 3/5HP. Spreads appears from the south, but there's nothing he can do to help this turn.

Kin rushes north towards where Silver is trapped and gets as far as the jungle edge.

"Did you hear anything Swallows? I could have sworn I just heard someone else speak..."
"Uhm, no, I don't think I said anything... maybe just some slight whimpering. Go ahead and go fishing, Writes, I think I'll be fine. At least I can still use my hand, somewhat. Hopefully the others will get lucky and find some vegetation that isn't trying to eat us. Who's closest to Silver in case she needs help?"
"Actually.. on second thought, it's been a long time since we've seen anyone else... maybe we should head towards them. Do you want to try to take the chest with us if you don't stay to open it?"

Swallows does her best to ignore the pain in her hand as a foul-smelling fluid starts to ooze out of the bite marks. Gritting her teeth she sets to work examining the trap mechanism in the lock. It would be easier if she could dismantle the lock to investigate it more thoroughly, but that's not possible while the chest is locked. Still, she manages to learn a little bit about it - from what she can tell it was a one-time trap with some kind of spring-loaded mechanism that fired the dart out of a tiny hole by the keyhole. She's pretty sure it was a single-use trap, but she's going to need a bit more time to figure out the trigger mechanism and how she might be able to disable similar traps.

As she finishes, she feels a sharp stabbing pain in her hand and loses another 1HP. Looking down, she notices that the poison ooze has been replaced with fresh, normal, red blood and the burning in her arm has eased off. Seems like Swallows will live to fight another day! She is no longer [poisoned]!

Write grabs a plank of wood off the beach and carries it as far as the monkey-things. As usual, they hop around and screech at her as she arrives but otherwise don't do too much.

"Uhmmm this place seems a bit creepy.. what is this blue thing?"
"I think it some kind of a plant... It might be poisonous, so look out.

Shackled investigates the 'blue thing' growing up the cave entrance and decides it's probably some sort of plant. Yup. Definitely a plant. Probably.

Treasure sticks his head into the cave to investigate the green things and discovers that they are little fireflies glowing in the dimness of the cave! How nice! The big pile of muck on the floor smells horrible though...

-------------------------------

@doublefried: That's strike one, and the 3rd or 4th action you've missed so far with this game overall. I'll let the others vote for your actions for now, but it's not sustainable.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Treasure runs to Silver and draws his Cutlass, and then cautiously cuts it around Silver's legs.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Writes looks at the monkeys and says "Hello! Please keep the screeching up whenever someone comes by here!" simply because she can, as she darts off trying to catch up with Kin.

Major: Move to kin
Minor: Hope the lemurs understood! lol
Last edited by lingrem on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 pm

"AAAAAHHHH! Get it off, gettit off! get it off! It is burning through my skin! Eatting me alive! Gettit off! Nowwww!"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Image Silver, I'm comming!
Shackled runs t0wards silver
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Swallows-a-Key

Image "Do your best to get Silver out of that footnom, guys, and be careful not to get caught yourselves!"

Pushing her concerns to the back of her mind, Swallows turns her attention back to her lock.

Image "No more tricks up your sleeve, eh? Let's try this again, then!"

Actions:
All: pick the lock
Free: pray to find a mysterious human metallic device with a curiously flattened tip that conveniently fits the slit in the circular tops of the metal things used to fasten the trap to the chest, and that will thus be very instrumental in detaching the trap. Alternatively, that the trap not be screwed on.

Thank you very much for picking an action for Swallows, Thinks!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Maiandra wrote:Thank you very much for picking an action for Swallows, Thinks!
No problem, thanks for for naming the footnom! :laugh:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Silver tries to disarm the plant with some shackles! By hitting them on the plant.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:15 pm

@Burns: Silver doesn't have any shackles.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:16 pm

thinkslogically wrote:@Burns: Silver doesn't have any shackles.
What? I thought I said I looted the shackles after I got people out of them.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:19 pm

It's not in obsidian portal, but I'll check the updates in case I missed it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Ugh, it does not say in the updates....at all :( I was pretty sure I said that....I mean they are shiny/silvery and she is a bit of a klepto....

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 pm

yeah, the actions don't add up either for her to have picked them up... (each turn is minor: unlock, major: sneak & then a move)

...You DO have a coconut though.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
thinkslogically wrote:@Burns: Silver doesn't have any shackles.
What? I thought I said I looted the shackles after I got people out of them.
I'm pretty sure that she collected them too, maybe it happened during one of the lost turns?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 pm

I remember collecting them when unlocking them....shouldn't really affect my actions.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Fair enough - I must have missed it. A set of shackles are now in Silver's inventory :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Yey! (now all those shackles that have been misplaced will eventually wind up in silver's hands. Oh yes >:D )

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:03 am

ImageKin moves north once more and if Silver still needs help (e.g because we need to attack the plant until it's dead, instead of just cutting a hole for Silver's feet and pull her out), she will do anything she can, to help (e.g. use the knife to cut/attack the plant, or help pull out Silver while someone else cuts the plant,...).
If Silver is helped out by others, Kin will examine the red plant on the ground next to the path.

In any case, she'll pass two apples to Silver. "Here, maybe some vitamins will help you get better again sooner."

Summary:
Move: north
Either: Help silver (with knife, if applicable) OR Examine the red plant
Free: pass 2 apples to Silver
► Show Spoiler
VOTE for Spreads (if necessary):
Help free Silver, if necessary. Else examine the ant hill. And the light green stuff that dangles into the picture from above.
If still actions left, go west to explore.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:00 am

Cool, thanks gathers! I couldnt renember where they went, but I'll add the other set to silver's inventory later today. Can everyone else check their obsidian portal stats too and just check the inventories are as you expect? The hp's etc are definity correct, but just in case I've missed anything else.

Also, the area at the bottom of the ladder currently contains a barrel of rum and a plank of wood. When you designate it as a camp it'll get its own inventory on obs. port. so u can keep track more easily.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:13 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler