The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 14)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:17 am

Ok, so you bring up a point that I intended to include, but didn't make very clear. A campsite can be declared by the Chief at any time you like, but you can only have one camp at any given time. For the camp to function, at least three goblins need to sleep there (or else you'll be on watch all night and that's not relaxing for anyone). They don't need to be present when you declare the campsite, as long as they get back to the designated area by nightfall. You can only regain your full HP overnight if you:

1. Sleep in the camp and
2. Have eaten a full meal before nightfall (you may still act on turn '20' of each day)

Goblins who don't sleep in the campsite will not regain their full HP overnight (though they may regain a proportion depending on their other actions).

Hope that answers some of your questions!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 15)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 am

Turn 15

"Do your best to get Silver out of that footnom, guys, and be careful not to get caught yourselves! ...No more tricks up your sleeve, eh? Let's try this again, then!"

Still down on the beach, Swallows wishes everyone good luck and turns her attentions back to the lock, but try as she might it STILL won't open! She's almost certain that she's nearly got it now though.

Write continues towards the others, but finds she can't climb the ladder AND carry her plank of wood at the same time. So, she leaves the plank at the bottom of the ladder and heads into the jungle where everyone is trying to help Silver.

"AAAAAHHHH! Get it off, gettit off! get it off! It is burning through my skin! Eatting me alive! Gettit off! Nowwww!"
"Silver, I'm coming!"

Treasure and Shackled run towards Silver to help save her, but they don't have time to attack this turn! The plant continues to chew and Silver loses another 1HP bringing her down to 2/5HP!

Fortunately, Kin is already here! She attacks the plant with her belt knife while Silver pummels it with her old shackles. Between them they kill the plant and Silver is finally free again!! Hooray!

With that plant now safely dealt with, Spreads investigates the anthill, but as soon as he steps off the path into the leaf litter of the forest floor the ants start to swarm him and bite! He brushes them off and retreats to the relative safety of the path before too many find him, but it looks like you'll have to deal with that anthill somehow before you can go any further through the forest...

-----------------------------
Strike 2 for Doublefried...

Re. Apple-giving
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:24 am

Treasure uses his cutlass to cut the remaining plant.
"Best if this thing wont bother us any more..." he says.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 am

Silver gets up and takes the apples. "Thanks" Silver limps southwards, away from the ants, and sits down to eat the apples, careful of her leg.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am

Writes shouts from where she is to Treasure "Don't destroy the plants! They could be useful as traps!"
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:30 am

"How, exactly? If we transfer them they will probably die, and them just laying here is no use, but if you say so..."
Treasure says and draws back his cutlass.

"Well anyway, shouldn't we start building a camp?"
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Image Ooooh ants! I heard some can explode.. Do you think these can do something like that? I need a stick
Shackled will look for (and grab) a stick, or study the ants without it in a safely maner.

If there is enough time he will study the nearby redish plant
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Relieved that Silver is safe for now, ImageKin hands off 2 juicy apples to every goblin present, except for Write, she only get one AND one of the brown trousers. (I hope that still counts as one minor option altogether.)
If she can still do something, she declares the base of the ladder the camp and moves south.
► Show Spoiler

EDIT: Since Write requested cloth, I added in that Kin hands her one of the brown trousers. If she can only hand out so many items per turn, Write getting the cloth and Silver getting 2 apples has priority.
I hope the change is ok.
Last edited by GathersIngredients on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Swallows-a-Key

Image "Almost... there..."

Swallows is so close to opening this lock, she can see the contents of the chest already! Well, almost. In fact, her recent learning experience with traps (which Maglubiyet undoubtably sent her as a gentle warning against over-eagerness) has made her wary, so she keeps from opening the chest even if she manages to unlock it.

Actions:
Major: pick lock
Minor: pick lock, if needed, or grab the ten-foot pole plank if the lock is successfully picked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:46 pm

((Does anyone have access to spare clothing? Kin?))

"Does anyone have any material we can use to bind Silver's leg?"
Writes decides to sit down and examine Silver's leg, and will bind it if she is given some material, hoping that maybe she learned a little something from when Swallows bound her own wound.

((If no one else has anything to offer her, she'll reuse her own bandage I suppose... which is rather gross...))

Just in case, Writes gives out another prayer to Maglubiyet, but she whispers it so that the others can't hear her. "Maglubiyet, please let Silver heal quickly.. this swamp area is rather frightening. Also, please help me not go crazy, I keep hearing things..."

Major: Bind Silver's wound
Minor: Pray to Maglubiyet for healing

((and the praying really is the minor action here... seeing as Writes doesn't know that Mag's actually listening ever!))

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:55 pm

My vote for Spreads is that he try to catch and eat one of the ants. I'm hoping for some protein.

Major: carefully try to pick up the nearest ant at the thorax, with the mandibles pointing away.
Minor: pull off a leg and have a taste

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Silver whimpers when her legs are bounded. "It hurts so much... I...I am sorry I went ahead."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Maiandra wrote:My vote for Spreads is that he try to catch and eat one of the ants. I'm hoping for some protein.

Major: carefully try to pick up the nearest ant at the thorax, with the mandibles pointing away.

I second that vote, but I would like to add that Spreads LEAVES the grass (this seems to alert/annoy the ants) after he caught one. Also, if the capture causes other ants to attack, put the ant back not to agitate them more, instead of mutilating it.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:29 am

GathersIngredients wrote:
Maiandra wrote:My vote for Spreads is that he try to catch and eat one of the ants. I'm hoping for some protein.

I second that vote, but I would like to add that Spreads LEAVES the grass (this seems to alert/annoy the ants) after he caught one. Also, if the capture causes other ants to attack, put the ant back not to agitate them more, instead of mutilating it.
Second this. We don't want to get attacked by ants, Silver wouldn't be able to run away from them very well.

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 am

Should we try to have Spreads talk to the ant first to find out whether they're sapient? It's the type of dirty trick I might visit on unsuspecting players... coconuts, begging for their lives >:D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 16)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Turn 16

"Ooooh ants! I heard some can explode.. Do you think these can do something like that? I need a stick"

Kin decides it's about time everyone ate a proper meal and dishes out her apples to everyone and a pair of brown trousers to Write (presumably not for eating!). Finally, she declares the area at the bottom of the ladder as their Goblin Camp. If three or more goblins sleep there overnight, they will regain their HP by the following morning.

Treasure wants to destroy the dead plant completely, but Write tells him not to so he doesn't do anything.

Shackled goes and finds a poking stick and uses it to prod at the ants. A couple of them bite the stick and hang on tightly! He now has [Ants on a Stick]. He takes a quick look at the red plant by the side of the path too, but can't tell very much about it except that it's also almost certainly a plant. Shackled is starting to wish he'd learned more about plants in his lifetime...

Since that all makes Spreads voted actions somewhat redundant, Spreads zones out. Which is probably for the best because he suddenly feels very strange indeed, like he can't quite remember who the hell he is any more...

Silver gratefully takes the apples from Kin and eats them. She has now eaten a full meal for today. Write brings the trousers over and uses a couple of strips of material from them to bind up Silver's wounds while she wispers a prayer. It's not the neatest tear in the fabric, but they were too big for the goblins anyway.

"Maglubiyet, please let Silver heal quickly.. this swamp area is rather frightening. Also, please help me not go crazy, I keep hearing things..."

A voice whispers right by her ear again, "Crazy is always SUCH a subjective concept...! But if you don't want an answer, then why do you keep asking questions?"

Any thoughts of going crazy are suddenly propelled right to the forefront of Write's mind as her hands start to glow with a pale gold light. She feels a deep sense of calm wash through her and into Silver, whose wounds vanish! Holy crap!

"Still think you're crazy? You can thank me next time."

The voice vanishes into the rustling of the leaves.

"Almost... there..."

Swallows fiddles with the lock again and FINALLY gets the satisfaction of hearing the lock click open! Then she does what no-one else in adventuring history has ever done and leaves the completely unlocked treasure chest alone in favour of a wet plank of wood. To each their own I guess!

--------------------------------

PLAYER SPOT AVAILABLE!!

Since doublefried has missed 3 updates in a row, I'm offering his space up to another player. If you want the spot, please post your interest IN SPOILERS in the thread. I'll roll to see who's in tomorrow (Thursday) evening. You don't need a character & background until you find out if you're in or not, but I will need your info before Friday's update. If you're in LotMK, you'll have 10 points deducted from your roll; if you applied for this game before but were unsuccessful, you'll have 10 points added. Otherwise it's down to the roll of a D100. Good luck!

[Ants on a Stick]: A stick with 2 ants biting onto it.

@theis: The dice don't want you to know ANYTHING about plants apparently. Your rolls have been so bad you're lucky Shackled hasn't stabbed himself in the eye with a poison twig or something :)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Re: The Island (Player Spot Available)

Post by Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:27 pm

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:31 pm

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm

@Badgeaddict
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:36 pm

"Thank you. ...Teller?" Silver gets up again and streches. "Okay....what are we going to do about the ant hill...guys?" Silver inspects the plant to see what it maybe.

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Swallows-a-Key

Image "All hail and praise to Maglubiyet, whose steady guidance has lead us to victory once again!"

She now crouches towards the chest and carefully pushes the lid open with her plank, ready to run off if a swarm of angry bees flies out, or to duck to avoid any exploding parts, or use the plank as an improvised weapon should she free a snake, or...

If nothing untoward happens, she examines the contents of the chest and loots them, if possible. Then she turns her attention to the real treasure, which obviously is the non-functional trap. Priorities!

Actions:
Minor: open chest in a circuitous way, loot
Major: study trap mechanism

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:54 pm

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:24 pm